Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Alive Or Dead

The-Expanse-5.jpg

Outer Rim. Space station named Bix’s Gift. A ship. Name’s Hammer. Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft. It descends. Single occupant. Pilot. Captain. Mandalorian. Casany of Clan Praxor. She registers her entrance as ‘Anvil’. A bounty hunter. Licensed. Doesn’t disclose that she’s here to hunt her target. Business and pleasure both. So we go.

Exits her cockpit. Marches along the catwalk. Out of the hangar, into the station proper. Bix’s Gift. A bit like a small city. Equipped with establishments and amenities from cantinas to gunsmiths and everything in between. Hotels as far as tired eyes could tell. Brothels for those looking for a good time. Jails when the police ring the bells.

Mandalorian. Yes. She looks it. Walking forward in her armor, her red gold beskar’gam, with a red cloak hanging at her back amid equipment, and no need for the hood to be pulled over her helmet. A black visor gazed out, eyes behind it, as the Mandalorian negotiated her way toward her target.

Having navigated to this space station in her starship, that left only one destination. Bix’s Gift had a bit of a misfit of an inhabitant when it came to a name that some wanted either dead or alive. Her assignment, mission, job, wasn’t to take the guy’s life but take him in alive if she could help it.

Griff’s Business. Cantina in the distance. A simple restaurant in the middle of the station’s spaceport. The Mandalorian’s report was that her target might be in it. Kad Pan. A Gran wanted for theft, smuggling, extortion and unauthorized executions and the like.

Entering the establishment, Anvil didn't see her prey straight away, so the predator made her way to the bar. “Vodka. Straight.” Two fingers held up for the bartender’s attention, then tilted sideways to indicate the level of pour.

“Of course,” the woman replied, grabbing the drink. The other woman, Anvil, eyes behind visor, looked away from a hundred bottles on the wall to a hundred faces. Her drink came. She lifted the bottom of her helmet in a bit of a hiss and sipped. Where are you, you damned Gran? Whatever, wherever, two things are certain: A Mandalorian is on a mission and, after a minor absence in this business, Mando's back.

Jho'Henig Jho'Henig

Last edited:

Jho'Henig

Paaerduag with a drinking problem
The Paaerduag smuggler Jho'Henig was also in the cantina. The first part of the two headed creature, Jho, was consuming the favorite beverage of both parts, Corellian wine. Jho was also laughing about something while drinking. Meanwhile, the second part, Henig, was carefully looking for the next target of their fraud career. Then, Jho remembered that in this very building there is someone who is wanted by authorities and the 'duag can get some really big money for catching the being. While laughing, Jho told Henig: "'ey, Henig, heheh... I remembered that there is someone in this cantina who is wanted and we can get some money for catching them!" Henig nodded to Jho's words and possibly said something, but no one could hear that, because of the biology of Paaerduags.

Casany Praxor Casany Praxor

Anvil looked around the room, glass in hand half-full, or half-empty, the reality was lost on her, really. She didn’t spot her bounty, her Gran, not yet. She looked up, eyes on a viewscreen above the bar, depicting speeders in city streets, sleek as beats in music drifting from ceiling speakers, rhythmic drums beside deep synth strings and feminine vocals amid purple-hulled vehicles and night life’s black hole.

Kriff. Stare any longer, Cas, and you’ll think you'd missed your dream as a racer. However, the bounty hunter already was running a race, in a way, given she had competition in this establishment, whether her, him or it. She glanced around again, spotting nonchalant countenances of aliens and droids, but no telling which of them was after the same target on offer to her in this big black void.

Kad Pan was a wanted man by more than one person and organization. The Gran had dug pretty deeply into the pockets of his contemporaries amid criminal outfits, some who wanted him dead. Law enforcement wanted him alive. The target had stolen merchandise from entities both legitimate and otherwise.

This bounty hunter’s employer? It paid better to deliver him alive, and Anvil had the ship and equipment for this mission, but getting Kad Pan past the lines of other elements might prove to be a challenge in the end. She was a hunter, not a smuggler. Speak of the di'kut.

She lifted her helmet in another hiss, took a sip of vodka, and watched as a Gran entered the cantina. Was it a match? He sat at a table, not the counter, with others: a Weequay and a Rodian. Henchmen? Or customers? Sit tight, you bastard. Hammer and Anvil. And I’ll strike.

Jho'Henig Jho'Henig Vismaya Kristel Vismaya Kristel

Jho'Henig

The Gran was on the left to the table where Jho'Henig sat. Henig watched as the Gran sat at a table and Henig turned to Jho and said something. Jho said to Henig in their native tongue: "Oh yeah... See this Gran? This is the one who is being wanted by authorities. Let's bring him to them for some money. " Then, the Paaerduag stood up and walked to the Gran's table. The 'duag said: "Hey, sir. hiccup. I think you dropped something, turn to your back." This, of course, was the 'duag's plan.

Casany Praxor Casany Praxor Vismaya Kristel Vismaya Kristel

Vismaya had left Bracca the day before, and she found this space station to be agreeable. It was perfect for hiding, barely anyone came out to the outer rim and the few who did had too many of their own problems to care about her's. Yes, she could get used to life here.

Which was unfortunate, considering she was running out of credits. She certainly had an extravagant lifestyle, gambling, drinking, partying...but her funds had run short and now she needed to pay the bills.

Luckily, if gossip was to be believed, there was easy money in this area. Vismaya was no bounty hunter, but she'd heard that Kad Pan needed to be killed, and a couple of criminal organisations were willing to pay well for his head. It shouldn't be too hard, just a shot in the back, which Vismaya wasn't above doing.

So, downing the last of her Antakarian Fire Dancer, Vismaya approached the gran who she believed to be Kad Pan. Her eyes narrowed, however, as she realised someone else had gotten there before her.

"
Scuse me," she said to the Paaerdaug, as sweetly as possible, despite her inner annoyance. "I was hoping to get to know this gentleman better. Alone," she winked flirtatiously at Kad Pan. "So would you please leave us?"

Last edited:

Jho'Henig

Jho turned to see the person who talked to the 'duag. Jho then said to Vismaya Kristel Vismaya Kristel : "Ehm, you got business with this man?"

The Paaerduag examined the attire of the Theelin who talked to him and he quickly realized that she is also a possible bounty hunter. Jho said: "Ugh, fine." The 'duag walked away from the Gran. Henig got an A-212 pistol in his pocket. The second part of the 'duag considered on using it if the Theelin tries to attack the Gran, and if she does so, the 'duag will quickly draw the pistol to shoot the target first.

"Thankyou," Vismaya said, perhaps a little too triumphantly. Quickly trying to cover up her mistake, she grabbed a seat beside the gran, and played with her blue hair. "So, you got a name, handsome?"

Vismaya watched the man before her keenly, waiting for his answer. She had to make sure he was actually Kad Pan first, before she shot him in the back.

"
How about I buy you a drink first?" He replied, and Vismaya smiled and nodded. She was willing to wait, if that's what it took.

"
Sounds wonderful. I'll have a Antakarian Fire Dancer," she said to a waiter, then turned back to the gran. "So, about that name..."

At first, Anvil was content with just sipping from her drink, observing one other customer, her target, to see what might happen. The next moment, something did. Some hunchback person-thing of whatever species approached the Gran’s table. What’s this, then?

Then, another customer, or whatever, given the Theelin looked about as spontaneous as her predecessor. Guess I have competitors… One looked ready to give Kad Pan a napkin. The other looked ready to offer him a napkin after finishing with him. There was a bit of a difference. Kriff…

“Another one?” Bartender offered after Anvil downed her shot, tilted two fingers, kept her helmet on, tapped and paid the tab and didn’t glance back.

Hunchback stepped away as Mandalorian kept one eye on him/them from the corner of her visor. Otherwise, her eye was on the Theelin visitor, Kad Pan of a Gran at best, and his two henchmen.

Empty table at their left, Anvil took a seat, vodka on the tabletop, looking nonchalant as she faced the adjacent table. Only no one would know given her helmet. For now she just listened to the conversation.

“Lan Fan,” the Gran answered the Theelin, extending his hand. “And who might you be, my sweets?” Ugh… Anvil, Casany, sipped deeply. Does this idiot expect any less?

Vismaya was disappointed to hear the Gran call himself Lan Fan. But, she wasn't going to give up hope. Chances are this man was lying about his name. She stifled a gag as he referred to her with a horribly suggestive nickname.

"I'm Crystal," she smiled, taking the gran's arm and draping it around her shoulders, sitting down next to him. "It's nice to meet you, handsome."

As their drinks arrived, Vismaya eyed the gran's bodyguards from over the top of her glass. There was no way she would be able to deal with them on her own. Luckily, she had a plan.

"I'm new around here," she said, turning back to "Lan Fan". "I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a tour? Just the two of us? I'd love to get to know you better."

Jho'Henig

The Paaeruag watched as Vismaya Kristel Vismaya Kristel talked to the Gran. When the Theelin got to the "give me a tour" part of her dialogue, Jho decided that he should also go with them to this "tour".

The Paaerduag walked to Lan's table and while he was walking, Jho was saying: "Wait, wait, wait!" The 'duag stopped and the first part said: "If you want to give her a "tour", hiccup, I can come along with you." Henig, the second part of the whole creature, looked at Casany Praxor Casany Praxor

A bounty might be confident enough to give his name in the open, but evidently Kad Pan was ‘Lan Fan’ so as to keep others off his back. Still not the brightest to be in a public cantina to begin with, despite his bodyguards.

Crystal, on the other hand, might just be some common slut, but right now anyone was either competition or a distraction for the bounty hunter. Tour, huh? That was a good way to get the Gran alone in some corner and in more ways than one.

“I can’t say I know this station very well,” Lan tilted the woman’s chin upward with a finger. “But for you, doll, well I’ll walk you around the whole promenade from market stall to hotel.”

Cue the hunchback offering to tag along on this tour. “What the hell for?” The Gran asked him. Granted, there needed to be a good reason. Apparently Lan was only interested in his women.

Vismaya grinned at the gran's reply. Her plan was beginning to fall into place perfectly. It was like her father always used to say: fortune favoured the bold. Then again, things didn't turn out all that well for him...but she was different, she had learnt from his mistakes. As Vismaya opened her mouth to reply to Lan, the same creature who she had spoken with earlier came back. Kriff, this guy clearly didn't know when to give up.

"C'mon, babe, he isn't worth our time," she said in response to Lan, shooting a glare at Jho'Henig Jho'Henig while standing up. "Let's go. I want to make the most of every minute I spend with you."

The gran followed her, wrapping his arm around her waist, while using his other arm to instruct his bodyguards to trail behind them, at a distance. This certainly wasn't ideal, and Vismaya realised she would have to increase her flirting if she wanted to get him truly alone. As the group made to leave, Vismaya caught sight of another individual who was staring at her. A mandalorian, from what she could tell. Something about the reflective black of their visor sent shivers down Vismaya's spine. She couldn't help but feel like they were staring at her, analysing her, even. Like a predator stalking it's prey.

So, while she smiled and giggled at the Gran's jokes, she kept one hand free to draw her blaster in case that mandalorian - or even that other creature - tried to take her bounty.

Jho'Henig

Jho was trying to come up with a response to Gran's question very quickly. He said: "Well, I would like to set up a business here, so I need to know this place a little bit better."

When Vismaya Kristel Vismaya Kristel said that the 'duag "isn't worth their time" and exited the cantina with the Gran, Jho realized that he needs to follow them. After some time, the Paaerduag also exited the cantina. He stood near the entrance of the building and looked around to find signs of the Theelin and the so-called "Lan".

As Cas had expected, hunchback’s suggestion meant little and less to the Gran in question. It was a noble attempt, but just then that Gran had gotten mobile as he left his table with a Theelin proven able.

Casany waited a moment and then she did the same. Two opponents at a distance, that Rodian and Weequay, and they were just a distraction; an alarm to give the hunter’s presence away if it came to it. Yet, she walked with arms by hips, holding no weapon, keeping distant.

On the promenade, that great corridor that connected stores to one another and elevated platforms, pedestrian traffic was as crowded as a city street. If the other team somehow made Casany out then she might just draw her weapon anyhow, but not right now.

She followed, not too close, noting there were a couple of other Mandalorians scattered throughout the crowd, so maybe she wouldn’t be made just yet.

Oh. Hello. A hotel further ahead, whether it was a sight that the other hunchback guy had also caught onto if he followed. It was a sign. Lan’s intentions with his woman? Needed little imagination. Get her in a quiet room. Him too. Then it’s Mando on the move.

It turned out to not be much of a tour. It couldn't have lasted more than ten minutes before 'Lan Fan' led her to a fancy hotel nearby. "This is where I truly wanted to take you. A rare jewel in this backwater space station."

"
I was hoping you might take me to where you were staying," Vismaya smiled. She was telling the truth, however it was the reason why she wanted to share a room with him that she kept to herself. As the Gran entered the hotel, Vismaya quickly turned off the safety on her blaster. When he turned back around, Vismaya was back to her flirtatious persona.

"
Are you coming, doll?"

"
Right behind you, handsome."

The duo walked into the lobby. The room was extravagant, filled with rich, pompous individuals who Vismaya longed to pickpocket. They were attended by astromechs serving refreshments, and Vismaya swiped a tartlet and stuffed it into her pocket. She didn't know when her next meal was going to be, after all.

"Hey, look!" The Gran pointed up, and Vismaya saw stunning chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. "They're made of crystal. But they aren't half as stunning as my Crystal."

Vismaya forced herself to giggle. She was getting sick of this, she needed to finish the job before she started to vomit. "How about you give me a tour of your room, then?"

The gran nodded eagerly and took her up a grand staircase. Vismaya smiled as she saw his two bodyguards sit down at the bar. Perfect, this would be easy. Lan Fan lead her to a room with a balcony overlooking the street. Vismaya went over to it as the gran went to lock the door. Looking down, Vismaya gritted her teeth in frustration as she saw the Mandalorian entering the hotel. What were the chances of that? She was going to have to move quickly if she wanted to secure this bounty.

ArtStation Sci Fi Hotel-concept Art, 53% OFF

Jho'Henig

The 'duag followed the Theelin and the Gran and tried to be as stealthy as possible. Jho looked where they were heading and the 'duag found out that they were heading to a local hotel. The two headed creature followed them and entered the hotel.

After entering the hotel Henig reminded Jho in their native tongue: "We should keep an eye on the Mandalorian we were in the cantina with, I suspect that the Mando is also a bounty hunter" Jho responded, also in their native tongue: "Yeah, thank you for telling me this." The 'duag walked to the receptionist of the hotel and tried to come up with a response. Jho said: "Oh, hey there! Do you know the room where the Theelin and the Gran are staying? I'm also staying with them, I'm on a business trip with them."

Casany Praxor Casany Praxor Vismaya Kristel Vismaya Kristel

As proven, Mando was on the move. Cas kept her distance, the bodyguards too, looking back every now and then as if to expect a Mandalorian or a hunchback on the approach. So, by the time she entered the hotel, said bodyguards were already on stools at the bar, and their employer and his mistress were nowhere to be seen.

That hunchback, however, was another story. Whatever his species, the Mandalorian recognized him, and if Weequay and Rodian turned their heads then they would too in a heartbeat.

As soon as Cas entered, she realized the stakes were against her but she didn’t want anyone stealing her bounty. Especially if he’s dead. Worth more alive, Praxor.

Hunchback at a desk, back turned like Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee who were ordering drinks, Casany coming to stand in between the three. “Sorry," she overheard the receptionist speak. “We are a privileged and well-respected establishment, sir, and we do not give that information out freely.”

Teehee. Well, Anvil figured it was better to alert the bodyguards to her presence earlier rather than later, and further that it would take too long to search rooms.

“Vodka,” she tapped her fingers for the bartender, appearing beside the Rodian. They exchanged a gaze. “And the room number to your employer’s place, kind sir.”

Would the Rodian and his boyfriend erupt into violence right there and then? Respond with sarcasm? Whatever the case, Casany was ready to smash someone’s face, pry that number from either guy, and be on her way in a jiffy.

"So? What are we waiting for?" Lan Fan's arms snaked around Vismaya's waist, causing Vismaya to roll her eyes. "Don't get all shy now, Crystal."

"
I wouldn't dream of it," the theelin purred, gently taking Lan Fan by his hand and leading him to the room's bed. Pushing him down onto it, she winked seductively at him. "I'll be right back, handsome."

Vismaya ducked into the living room area of the suite, looking around for rope. She spotted two velvet curtains, held back with soft red cord. Perfect. Grabbing that, she returned to the room to find Lan Fan had already taken his shirt off. "
I have just what we need."

Lan fan raised an eyebrow. "
Bondage, huh? How refreshing."

"
Yes, I think it will give you a new perspective on things," Vismaya said, tying his hands and feet to the bed frame. Once she was done, she gave it a sharp tug to make sure her knots were secure.

"
There's no need for that, doll," Lan fan snickered. "I'm not going anywhere."

"
I'm counting on it," Vismaya dropped her facade, pulling out her blaster from where it was hidden in her sleeve. She couldn't help but smirk as his smug smile faded to an expression of horrified realisation. "Thanks for the free drink, Kad Pan."

Jho'Henig Jho'Henig Casany Praxor Casany Praxor

At this junction, Casany was too far from the receptionist to overhear whatever was playing out. She had business with two henchmen anyhow. Of which, the Rodian looked at her like who-the-kriff-is-this?

“How about you suck my—” -SMACK!- That was the sound of his face slamming on the countertop. That same moment, Cas drew a blaster at her other opponent, the Weequay, before he had a chance to unholster his own.

“So, how about that room number?” She felt the eyes of the bartender meanwhile, and by now everyone else had caught onto her, but that mattered little and less in the moment given that her rival was surely somewhere upstairs about to handle her bounty.

“Okay, okay!” One of the Gran’s thugs decided to spill the beans and treated the Mandalorian with a room number.

“Thank you.” With that, she kept her blaster trained Dum and Dee’s way, backing away toward the staircase, heading upward to discover what became of her target under the circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom