Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Alexandria-class stealth carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
starship_heavy_carrier_by_emppyrean.png

Image Source: http://emppyrean.deviantart.com/art/starship-heavy-carrier-96599217
Affiliation: Commonwealth
Manufacturer: Ringovinda StarYards
Model: Alexandria-class stealth carrier
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Alusteel/turadium hull, quadanium frame
Classification: Stealth Cruiser Carrier
Length: 1000m
Height: 199m
Width: 370m
Armament:
Rating 6 (164/0/144)
4 Toprawa heavy long-range turbolasers (in 2 dual turrets; 72 turbolaser equivalents)
2 Scarif heavy long-range ion cannons (in 1 dual turret; 36 turbolaser equivalents)
14 Gatling rapid-fire turbolasers (in 7 dual turrets; 56 turbolaser equivalents)
72 Kaeshana CIWS hypervelocity cannons (counts for 144 quad lasers)
Defenses:12
Hangar: 7 Squadrons
Special Features:
- Tensor field generator
- Inertial compensator

- Cloaking device
- Castameer tactical display
- 20 Jessica variable-geometry landing gears
- Watchtower collision avoidance system
- 2 Marcia repulsorlift generator
- CHX 5.0 acoustic theater
- 2 Vanderhing radial ion drives

- Ship-wide neural net
- 5 Sabrina waste heat recovery devices
Manoeuvrability Rating: 16
Speed Rating: 16
Hyperdrive Class: 1
Strengths:
  • Large hangar capacity
  • Large cargo capacity
  • Strong hull
  • Can land on planets
  • Can cloak
Weaknesses:
  • Slow and ponderous
  • Concentrates its capital guns on a small number of hardpoints
  • Its magnetic signature can be tracked
  • Lightly armed against capital ships
Description: When it became clear that the Rebellion needed some kind of mobile operations base, Ringovinda StarYards, which is the industrial backer of Genius Cell, started redesigning the Exodus-class bulk freight for use as a carrier. Luckily, the redesign process leading to the Alexandria could be done at a minimal cost, based on the experience of the Mateus-class for the conversion of a bulk freighter to a carrier. It was chosen that multiple smaller cloaking devices, not unlike those used on the Volksgrenadier MIRV missiles, would be used for increased reliability of the cloaking abilities, as well as making hit-and-run long-range attacks a reality. It marks the debut of three new weapons: the heavy long-ranged Toprawa turbolaser and Scarif ion cannons, as well as the Kaeshana, which is used as a CIWS point-defense weapon. And also, given the defensive value of the cloaking device, the Alexandria being slower than other ships in its size class was thus less of an issue. Also its troop-carrying capacity as well as cargo capacity allows the Alexandria to sustain the logistics of a planetary campaign, or even of a system campaign, and to serve as a mobile headquarters for one such undertaking.
  • Consumables: 1 year
  • Crew: 2,000 (skeleton: 700)
  • Passengers: 10,000
  • Cargo: 300,000 tons
Development Thread:
Intent: To provide the Commonwealth with a mobile base of operations as well as a carrier
Who Can Use This: Commonwealth/Rebellion PCs
Primary Source: Exodus-class bulk freighter

inactivechar01

I
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

inactivechar01

I
[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

The only issue I see is that the armament rating has been doubled. The standard template states 4 while this one is 8. There's been work put into the 2 development threads and while they both only cover the criteria of: stygium and 1000m ship, I'd still let you have it with a higher rating than the generic one but only up to 6.

So deduct whichever armaments you want as long as it falls legitly into a 6 rating bracket.

I will let you keep the 12 defense rating.

Also:

Jessica Med-Beq said:
High maintenance requirements
Considering Chaos mechanics, I do not take this as a weakness. You can remove it altogether or replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom