Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Akaan Beskar'gam (War Mandalorian Armor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vilaz1.jpg

[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Intent: To provide Vilaz’s new armor in which he has recycled the materials of his old armor and mix it with newer, fresher materials.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Image Source: Here[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=9pt]Credit for [member="Strider Garon"] in photoshopping[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Canon Link: N/A[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Restricted Missions: N/A[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Primary Source: N/A[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Classification: Multipurpose Armor[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Weight: 25kg[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Resistances:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Blasters: Extreme[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Kinetic: Very High[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Lightsabers: Extreme[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Ion/EMP: Average[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Sonic:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]​Helmet: Extreme[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Fused Quartz Crystalline Mesh: Low[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Elemental: Very High[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Armor systems[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Right Gauntlet system[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Left Gauntlet Systems[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt][Strength] Strong and durable like most Mandalorian armors. With the beskar-ciridium plates it gives immense durability which resists against blasters, kinetic energy, and lightsabers while still giving some mobility to the user. The armorweave also offers great protection; however, it is inferior when compared to the plates.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt][Strength] It’s got everything a warrior needs in these times around the Galaxy. Weapons systems, military grade software, electronics, and all the fancy that makes a suit out of metal more than just that.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt][Strength] It has a personal, military grade shielding which offers protection against blasters and kinetic projectiles.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt][Strength] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]The sonic dampeners in the helmet gives resistance against high pitch frequency noises such as sonic detonators and other similar devices.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt][Weakness] What makes this more than a bucket of metal are the electronics, software systems, and weapons systems. When ion energy goes through the quartz crystalline mesh, the armor's systems won't work making it unable for the user to activate its aerial device, weapons system, you name it.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt][Weakness] The style of the armor is Mandalorian Shock Trooper Armor. Meaning it is not full body armor; therefore, leaving some areas unprotected by the plates. Areas that would not be protected are the elbows, the upper arms, the rear side of the legs, and other areas for mobility. However, armorweave does protect these areas but won’t offer the same defense as the armor plates.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt][Weakness] While the suit does have sonic dampeners to protect the ears against high pitch frequency noises, it won't protect against the quartz crystalline mesh which is susceptible to shatter (not completely) from high frequencies.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt][Weakness] Electrical charges on the user (such as Force Lightning, Electric Judgement, etc.) can have bad consequences as the armorweave is a massive conductor, thus amplifying whatever original damage is given. This means huge pain for the user and minor burns.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Vilaz has used some armors in his past before which were all great to his liking, but it always lacked his identity and personality. Using the material and technology from his previous armor, the Munin would recycle them and mix them with newer ones to create new armor for himself (and hopefully the last time).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The design of the armor is very modern and popular amongst Mandalorians as it is Mandalorian Shock Trooper Armor. The purpose of is to give more mobility to the user unlike earlier designs of Mandalorian armor used in the past. While it is mobile it still gives great protection for the user, however, it is unlike old Mandalorian armor as this style protects several areas of the body not the whole of it. The beskar-ciridium plates, strong and mighty against most attacks, doesn’t cover areas such as the upper arms (do not confuse this for the shoulders too), the elbows, the rear side of the legs, the knees, and other areas to remain mobile. While it doesn’t cover the elbows and knees, the armor does provide knee and elbow pads. However, a armorweave-bodyglove, purchased at Vanir Technologies, gives defense to the areas where the plates don’t cover, but their defense is not as high and durable when compared to the plates.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Moving on from the design of the armor, it has a lot of components that makes it more than a human bucket of metal. The helmet components has military grade electronics and software such as a 360 HUD system, a Multi-Spectral Target Accessor and Multi-Frequency Targeting and Acquisition System which helps in finding targets and aiming. Electrobinoculars are installed with the visor, a universal hammer that can jam some sensors, a IFF circuitry to help the user know who is friend or foe, an internal comlink, and access to the Holonet. It has a video and audio recorder, different visions to help with sight (see above), and access to the various different systems of the armor using the wearer’s voice. It has a filtration system and a reserve of oxygen worth of 30 minutes, a polarized anti-flash visor to help against flashbangs and the likes, and sonic dampeners to protect the ears from high frequency noises such as sonic detonators. To top it off it has a broadband antenna that can pick noises, and a rangefinder with it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The armor components have more than those of the helmet. It has a power armor liner which gives more protection against kinetic energy, and protection against acids, intense heat, fire, and cold. Therma gel is also applied which gives added defense against kinetics. Energy sinks are used to provide protection against blasters. A fused quartz crystalline mesh is used to give resistance against ion energy from EMP grenades or weapons. A digital life support system is displayed on the left chest plate which gives informations to medics how badly injured the user is. On the right shoulder on top of the armor plates has pauldron made out of gorgodon; this protection against blasters and is where Vilaz displays trophies such as the braids of younglings. On the left shoulder has a pauldron that deflects blasters. It has a personal energy shield that is both particle and molecular, and an individual field disruptor that can disrupt shields and be somewhat used as a weapon. It has an internal power pack that supplies energy to the systems of the armor, vacuum sealed, and a kama made out of Shark Skin made by Vanir Technologies. On the back it can have a jetpack, repulsor-pack, or a ysalamiri nutrient tube but only one of these things can be used at a time. It has a holster, kneepad dart launchers, and a utility belt to carry ammo, grenades, or whatever small items. The boots have magnetic grip when activated and on the bottom are grav boots which can be used to for flying. Finally, it has a temperature regulator and a self-resealing foam. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Finally, the gauntlet systems. Both have crushgaunts with different systems. On the right side fields a dart launcher, a grappling line, a wrist acidthrower, and a concealed knuckle plate vibroblade. On the left side has a VT-grav glove, a wrist rocket system, a dinu’ul, a wrist blaster, and a wrist cryoban gun.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]From all this construction from sweat, muscle, and mind, it is magnificent armor made for a warrior like Vilaz.[/SIZE]

Atlas Kane

A
Alright, sorry for the delay, I just had to take some time to get through this fully.

So, first of all your weight is fairly low for an armour with so many weapon systems that is also made of Beskar. An average suit of Beskar'gam weighs around 25 kg, this seems to have a lot more on it than an average Beskar'gam, so a weight somewhere above 25 kg would be more appropriate.

Vilaz Munin said:
Mandalorian Steel Armorweave-Bodyglove
Vilaz Munin said:
armorweave-bodyglove constructed out of Mandalorian Steel
You mention it has a "Mandalorian Steel Armourweave Bodyglove", however to my knowledge armourweave is a material by itself, "Armorweave was an armored cloth material [...]" to quote the wookieepedia article. Unless it's meant to be a mixture of the two, which would be hard to see, considering Mandalorian Steel is a metal and Armourweave a type of fabric. Could you either elaborate on this or remove the Mandalorian Steel part from the bodyglove?

Then there is a personal shield listed which I couldn't find under the armour's strengths, could you add it to that section?

For the left hand's special features, I'll have to ask about how both the grav glove and the crushgaunt are used? To my understanding both are gloves that require an entire glove for the hand, I can't really see both being worn at the same time.

Moving on to the weaknesses,
Vilaz Munin said:
[Weakness] There are two types of personal shielding of the armor. The din’ul and the full body personal shield. In order to use one or the other, one must be disabled. There is also an individual field disruptor in which case both shieldings must be turned off as the disruptor can disrupt and affect the shielding.
Vilaz Munin said:
[Weakness] There’s a lot of fancy and neat weapons on the armor, but once they’re out of juice they need to be manually reloaded which may take some time.
your second and last weaknesses aren't really weaknesses. That the various shield systems and the disruptor systems don't work simultaneously is more in the nature of their use than a weakness and the need to reload various systems is also just something that comes with the use of those systems.

Vilaz Munin said:
[Weakness] While the armor does have some resistance towards EMP/Ion weaponry, it won’t take a whole lot (nor does it take too little) to damage the electronics of the armor. Once the electronics of the armor are disabled it will make the armor just a bucket of metal; therefore, not having access to the weapons and other functions of the armor
This seems to be counteracted by both the Crystalline Mesh and Personal Shield, which would render this weakness not much of an issue.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

1. On the Mandalorian Steel Armorweave-bodyglove, I'm not going to explain it because I have no knowledge in metallurgy/metal smithing/all that fun stuff. All I know is that it has been done before in many Mandalorian Armor subs, and it was nothing that judges ever cared to ask about. This is the first time this has happened on that. This is science fiction, but I'm also not gonna be all "Lol, it's star wars whatever." And I also know precedents don't matter, but I can offer a list of subs where it uses metals for the armorweave. In fact, I've used beskar as armorweave once when dev thread were needed (I did complete the dev threads) and the judges didn't ask me about that.
  2. Never have I put personal shielding as a strength, but I'll do that.
  3. I guess I'll remove the grav glove.
  4. I'll redo the weaknesses and make them suffice. The first weakness, however, I meant to word it that the armor somewhat relies on its electronics to make it more than a bucket of metal. Also, I didn't know personal shielding counteracts against ion energy?

I'll tag you again once I've made the edits.
[member="Atlas Kane"]

[member="Atlas Kane"]

I did some edits.

I increased the weight to 25 kgs

Took off the grav glove

And I redid the first weakness, kept the others, and added a new one.

Edit: I removed the crushgaunt from the right hand, and substituted for a grav glove.

Atlas Kane

A
Awesome.

I've found mentions of micronised Beskar being worked into clothing, so I'm assuming that's the type of procedure to work it in you meant. If you edit in that it's a bodyglove made out of Armourweave laced with micronised Mandalorian Steel that would work, same for the Kama. Otherwise, you'd have to remove either the Armourweave or Mandalorian Steel part, since Armourweave cannot be made out of Mandalorian Steel, as it's akin to saying "leather made out of steel".

25kg still seems a little low considering this has Beskar plating, a Mandalorian Steel laced Armourweave bodyglove, and a multitude of gadgets and systems that make it more than your average suit of Beskar'gam, the average weight of which is the aforementioned 25kg.

The personal energy shield had to be added due to its molecular shield function, which provides a great deal of protection, especially with this particular model. Its ability to absorb energy projectiles via molecular shield is what makes it good at defending against ion weaponry, which is why I stated that it and the quartz-mesh counteract the ion-weaponry weakness. I apologise for having been too vague on that part, as it was the molecular shield component that qualifies it as a strength, not the fact it's a personal energy shield.

The new weakness makes it more clear, yes, however, these two still aren't meaningful weaknesses.

Vilaz Munin said:
[Weakness] There’s a lot of fancy and neat weapons on the armor, but once they’re out of juice they need to be manually reloaded which may take some time.

Vilaz Munin said:
[Weakness] There are two types of personal shielding of the armor. The din’ul and the full body personal shield. In order to use one or the other, one must be disabled. There is also an individual field disruptor in which case both shieldings must be turned off as the disruptor can disrupt and affect the shielding.
The first can be completely ignored due to the fact that, unless caught off guard, the armour would always be at full capacity, the second simply states that all shield-related systems cannot be activated simultaneously, which would still provide the benefit of at least one of those systems.

Could you add a Resistance rating to sonic weaponry, as you hint at it in your last weakness?

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

[member="Atlas Kane"]

Alright, I did some edits.

I changed out the armorweave for another one that was subbed on Chaos as I want to keep the weight 25 kg to keep some mobility for the armor because the style of armor is supposed to grant that. I also changed the materials for the kama with another chaos sub.

I got rid of those two weaknesses.

I added sonic resistance; one for the helmet and the other for the quartz crystalline mesh.

Atlas Kane

A
Awesome, looks gucci now. Some high resistances though with a weakness to electrical attacks and quite a few weak points worked in.

Passing it on for Mentor Review.

[member="Darth Ananta"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom