Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Aiden Mercer's Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden Mercer

Part Man, Part Machine, All Badass
Venom_assault_trooper.jpg

**GA emblems not included.

Intent: Personal use armor for Aiden Mercer
Development Thread: (Not mandatory on creation, but helps give insight to a submission and shows effort. If not included, depending on the submission, a development thread might be asked for before final judgement)
Hero Unit: No
Manufacturer: Armorer's Confederacy
Model: Mercer assault armor Mk. I (A.K.A Aiden Mercer's Personal Armor)
Affiliation: Omega Pyre - Aiden Mercer (personal)
Modularity: Yes (more-so tech upgrades, extremely limited weapon upgrades)
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel, Phrik, fiberweave, rubber, varying alloys
Description: The initial design of this particular armor was inspired by the Venom Assault Armor used long ago by members of the Republic's Galactic Core Fleet. Given the design of the Venom armor was far too small for such a hulking frame as Aiden, he decided to seek out the Armorer's Confederacy so they could build him a one-of-a-kind armor that would give him more protection than his current makeshift armor he had built himself. Given a special request from Aiden, the Armorer's Confederacy not only had to make the armor to a larger scale but also add in something to boost mobility functions to assist in moving the weight of the suit around. The purpose of the armor was to provide Aiden with a multi-enviornment armor that would also be able to stand up to blasters and (on hopefully rare occasions) lightsabers.

As viewed in the picture, the Mercer assault armor Mk. I is fully black in color with some gold trimmings and a red under suit. While the helmet is included, it is hardly ever worn, save when needed for a vacuum seal to keep oxygen in, although it has a very limited tank with no more than thirty minutes of breathable air. The pauldrons, boot/lower leg plates, and wrist guards make up the phrik elements on the suit (given this material is expensive and anything more would have bankrupted Aiden) allowing some defense to lightweapons. As for the suit itself, it is primarily made of durasteel, with varying other alloys added here and there depending on the area of the armor, given the particular alloy, some spots are weaker and some are stronger. Apart from the shell of the suit, the suit legs have been reinforced with servomechanisms from a power loader unit (non-weapon/armor tech) to assist with the bulky, heavy bottom half of the armor, given this particular piece of the suit is where a majority of the weight comes from given it is where the user (Aiden) requires most of his protection for his own cyborg parts.

When the armor was finished, Aiden put on some finishing touches in regards to the tech-customization aspect. The first being a commlink unit in which he embedded into the right forearm beneath the phrik plate there, which can be disconnected from a side so the comm. unit can be used. Likewise, on the opposite side, Aiden has added in a medical device that if needed can dispense a small (limited supply) of rapid expansion medfoam syringes should something need patching.

Armor Strengths
- strong, durable
- some lightsaber resistance (in spots)
- incorporated leg mechanics to allow mobility
- moderately customizable

Armor Weaknesses
- vulnerable to electric attacks
- vulnerable to lightsaber attacks (save for the few phrik parts)
- requires significant maintenance upkeep
- limited air supply in vacuum environments
- extremely bulky, heavy
- slow

Classification: Multi-Purpose
Weight: 102kg 58.2g (approx. 225 lbs)
Quality: Class 8
Other Feature(s): Does have the ability for a jetpack to be attached to it, although the lift won't make you fly, but more do something akin to long jumping. Primary customization features are meant for additional tech devices & not so much weapons. Possible weapon upgrades are more restricted to either a wrist flamethrower or wrist dartcaster. Tech customizations would be considered: helmet upgrades (visor modes, comm, tactical analysis unit, etc...), wrist comm, personal shielding unit, etc... to give one an idea.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
This seems good at first glance and I'm ready to approve it. However, and this is a personal thing, we've gotten a lot of power armor. in my opinion it is getting to be a bit much. So I'd like to ask you if you'd be okay just changing that aspect of it? If you don't want to, it's alright I'll still approve it, we've approved powered armor in the past, it's just a personal sort of crusade of mine.

That being said, this is well thought out, with a good solid description and I applaud the effort. This is well balanced, my pet peeves aside.

Aiden Mercer

Part Man, Part Machine, All Badass
I'll certainly look into the possibility of shying away from the power armor aspect, or even specify it more clearly, as I think what I was going for was more for the leg regions to assist in moving the actual weight of the armor around from Point A to B. But nonetheless, I'll think on it a bit more, see if I can't find some good old fashioned tech muse to re-configure something w/o the need for power armor components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom