Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech AICX-02 "Hummingbird" Landing System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A (Couldn't find a good image)
Intent: To develop a repulsorlift cybernetic implant for Aurora Industries to sell
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Aurora Industries
Model: AICX-02 "Hummingbird" Landing System
Affiliation: Open-Market
Modularity: None
Production: Mass-production
Material: Micro repulsorlift generator parts, sensors

Strengths:
+ Slows down someone falling from a significant height down enough to land safely (anything above roughly 10 meters)

Weaknesses:
+ Device will only trigger at heights of a certain height (anything below roughly 10 meters will not trigger the device)
+ Only works in a place where gravity is present, cannot be used in space

Description:

As part of the directive from Taeli in changing the exoskeleton division of Aurora Industries into a cybernetic division, the team based out of Geonosis began developing a series of cybernetics that could be used by both civilians and military organizations and individuals. Their first project was the AICX-02 "Hummingbird" Landing System, a system they developed to serve more as a safety device than anything else.

The Hummingbird Landing System is designed to slow down to a safe speed and velocity if they happen to fall from a significant height. It does this by utilizing a micro repulsorlift implanted into the subject's tailbone to create an anti-grav field underneath the subject if an implanted sensor detects that the subject surpasses a pre-programmed velocity. The device will trigger at a fall of ten meters or above, and will only deactivate once the sensor detects the subject's velocity and speed has dropped to zero. However, the device will not trigger if the fall is from under ten meters, so injures and death may still occur occasionally. The device only works if a gravity-well is present, so it cannot be used in space.

Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Hi [member="Taeli Raaf"]! I will be reviewing this submission.

Taeli Raaf said:
a micro repulsorlift implanted into the subject's tailbone
  • I...genuinely don't know if this is possible. Repulsorlifts function by pushing against gravity, creating thrust. I would think that if this type of technology were implanted inside of a person, that when it activated it would probably kill them, no? Do you have any sources I can review? I am unable to find anything myself.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

I'm going to go ahead and say that given this device's simplicity and based off of the wording here that it should theoretically work, though you are sending radioactive waves through your body to the ground, so I don't know what kind of possible side effects that could potentially cause given long term exposure... So I am gonna pass this to secondary for final review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom