Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Agrinium Mesh

A G R I N I U M

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A countermeasure.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: No Effort, the Series
  • Primary Source: Faraday Cage
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Agrinium Mesh
  • Manufacturer: House Verd, Inc.
  • Production: Limited
  • Affiliation: Closed Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Material: Agrinium
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Alloy
  • Weight: Lightweight (Varies)
  • Resistances: Other (Electricity/EMP) - High
  • Color: Varies
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Notable resilience against Ion/Electricity & Electromagnetic Pulses.
STRENGTHS
  • Faraday - The Agrinium Mesh is an alteration of the standard quality of a Sith Sword. As opposed to absorbing and releasing Lightning, it acts purely defensively by shielding encased materials from Pulses or Ion/Electric assaults.
WEAKNESSES
  • Neutral - As an alchemical creation, the strength of an Agrinium Mesh is drastically reduced by entering a Ysalamir or Voidstone field.
  • Defense - The material itself is not durable. Blasters, Blades, or Lightsabers can make short work of it.
DESCRIPTION

For decades, Agrinium has been utilized in the modern world as a defense against Electromagnetic assaults. From BlasTech to Czerka, notable companies of the Post-Darkness world saw fit to insulate their droids and technology with the material due to its natural Resistances to radiation. House Verd, Inc. takes this trend a step forward.

By modifying one of the most basic, alchemical affects, the corporation has elevated base Agrinium to a whole new level. Now, automatons or technologies can be insultated with a greater degree of certainty against Electricity, Ion, or EMP assaults. In particular, where the average droid would fry against the average EMP, and a Droid featuring basic insulation may be able to retain some motor function - a Droid insulated with the Agrinium Mesh will retain enough motor function to still fight on. Damage, of course, will be sustained and the degree will depend upon the Droid model itself and how much Mesh is incoporated.

It is to be noted that the Mesh grants impressive resilience - not immunity.

[member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Aria Vale"]

Is this being modified via Sith Alchemy? That's the general vibe I'm getting here. If so, without doing a restricted mission you'd have to drop this to unique.

[member="Darth Metus"]

Limited has been the peak of allowable restricted material production for as long as I've been on the factory team, and because of that we have to review the use of the production level much more closely than something that is labeled unique because of the potential recourse of that material being used in a much higher capacity. That being said, based on the verbiage in this it would seem that this material is intended to offer a much greater protection from electric and EMP based assaults than a faraday cage.

That being said, I have to suggest one of two things:
  1. Increase the quality and effort of the restricted mission thread, as the title suggests, it is not befitting of a limited production restricted material.
  2. Remove the restricted materials and simply create a new alloy that offers a small degree of protection more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom