Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Agol'Prudii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azulas Shag

A
db1ykqj-ec975253-9e9a-4a2a-a112-06469fcb4963.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create companion beasts for my main character
  • ​Image Credit: JadeMerien
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Agol'Prudii (Mando'a for Living Shadow)
  • Designation: Non-Sentient
  • Origins: A "Custom Order" species that Azulas ordered off the black market.
  • Average Lifespan: 20 years
  • Estimated Population: Semi-Unique
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type 1
  • Average Height of Adults: 3.7 meters
  • Average Length of Adults: 1.2 meters
  • Skin color: Ash Gray
  • Hair color: Silver/White mane, black fur, cyan/silver striping
  • Distinctions: The Agol'Prudii are genderless clones, they have no biological sex even though they take far more after the male gender of the various animals that compromise their genome.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive
Strengths:

Magic of the Ysalamir: The Agol'Prudii have a special organ synthesized from Ysalamir DNA that allows them to produce a force suppressing bubble of 10 meters.

Strength of the Wookiee: Their muscles are fused with Wookiee and even Rancor DNA, giving them incredible strength. And given their sharp claws and teeth, both adopted from the Wookiees and Rancors, this has only made them incredibly dangerous.

Abyssin Regeneration: Every cell is infused with Abyssin DNA, meaning that they can regenerate from nearly every wound and even regrow limbs. It usually only takes them around 5 minutes to regenerate from a simple blaster shot. However, should an organ be decimated so that it stops working, or is entirely incinerated, it takes about a week to fully heal. Heavily damaged limbs (shredded, many broken bones, half cut off) tend to take around a week, while fully regrowing a limb tends to take 2 weeks. However, these times can be cut in half if they take the time to gorge themselves. (Simple wounds can be solved by a quick meal, a missing limb means 3-4 meals a day for a week straight). The healing factor however is not perfect, should too much damage be done to the heart or brain, and there being no equipment to keep their systems functioning, they will die. They can regenerate heart and brain matter should they be hooked up to equipment to keep their systems running in the mean time.

Stealth of the Hssiss: Agol'Prudii are able to naturally cloak themselves. Although this invisibility is not as effective as modern technology, it certainly can hide them very well.

Smell of the Noghri: Noghri DNA was also used in the Agol'Prudii, giving them almost supernatural smell.

Night Vision: The baseline DNA of the Agol'Prudii was many diverse cat species, this has resulted in them having incredible night vision.

Weaknesses:

Sickness of a Clone: Due to the cloning process used to create them being less than modern, the Agol'Prudii have a weak immune system meaning any kind of engineered disease will easily take them out.

Instability of a Clone: The DNA of the Agol'Prudii is fragile, easily destroyed and distorted by radiation meaning they are easily infected with radiation sickness.

​Susceptible to the Force: Agol'Prudii are ambush predators, designed to sneak up on force users, hamper their force powers, and ambush. They are effectively built as a glass canon, supposed to do damage against the force but not taking punishment from it. Should a force user find a way around the nullification, or simply be outside of it, they can easily manipulate the Agol'Prudii.

Delicate Springs: The problem with bio-engineering a perfect specimen, is that certain things are missed by a sapient that mother nature would never allow. One of these flaws has wormed its way within the Agol'Prudii. The Agol'Prudii actually damage themselves whenever they exert themselves in combat. Usually this is easily remedied by their healing factor but prolonged combat slowly wears down their muscles and tendons until they effectively become too damaged to operate effectively and even break their own bones from too much effort.

Poison Weakness: Poison gas and venom are incredibly effective.

CULTURE
  • Diet: Carnivore
  • Communication: Mostly communicate through growls, roars, low grumbles, and purring.
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs: N/A
  • General behavior: Agol'Prudii are effectively weapons, animals designed to serve their master in his various missions across the galaxy. Imprinting on him, and incredibly obedient only to him, they protect him with their lives. Yet, animals are animals after all. Agol'Prudii are rather playful, tending to wrestle with one another and even their master. Due to their sharp claws and muscles this tends to get out of hand, causing damage to each other and especially their surroundings. They also seem to take a sick pleasure in the hunt, something that may have been passed down to them by their master, or perhaps a flaw of so many predatory creatures DNA shoved into one vessel.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Azulas is a bounty hunter, assassin, and mercenary. Yet he has always specialized in one particular thing: Force users. To this end he knew he could use some help. He had always used various species of dogs and even a trained gundark at one time, so he knew just how valuable they could be. It started with a contract with an underground cloning operation, they would design him the perfect beast companion, and he would supply them DNA. He would travel the galaxy, taking contraacts to hunt down the most ferocious species of their kind, take their DNA, and hand it over until these creatures were finally grown and given to him as kits. He would raise them through their short childhood of only a few months, and now these beasts are as terrifying as every monster he had killed to build them.

[member="Azulas Shag"]

Can I say that I love this submission? The artwork for this is beautiful and the idea is very distinct. Getting it custom from a Black Market like this is really unique!

Just a few suggestions:

1.) Magic of the Ysalamir: Our favorite lizards can only generate a bubble of 10M. I would recommend lowering the size of the field to be more inline with the species that it drew inspiration from.

2.) Abyssin Regeneration: I would also suggest fleshing out exactly how fast these kitties regenerate. How close is it to Abyssin Regeneration?

3.) ​Susceptible to the Force: "When designed, it was assumed that any force sensitive they come into contact with will be unaware of their presence until they activate their force nullification bubble. So, their minds were never designed to have a lot of defenses against the force. Thus if they are ever hunted by force sensitives, they are easily manipulated."

This section could use a little rewording as it's a touch confusing. The creatures aren't listed as Force-Dead and though they're created they could still be noticed. The nullification bubble once activated only prevents a FU from influencing the Force once they're inside the zone.

4.) Soft Flesh: This section conflicts a bit with the "Strength of the Wookiee" perk above it. Wookie strength is derived by dense muscles which doesn't really lend to the notion of soft flesh.

Now, I can approve the submission without any edits, but, I would suggest looking at the above. Just let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Thank you!

Azulas Shag

A
[member="Srina Talon"]

Should all be fixed! I removed the Weak Flesh weakness and replaced it with Delicate Springs weakness which can be sumed up as "Prolonged combat wears their muscles and tendons down until they screw themselves over" aka Midoriya if you've ever watched My Hero Academia's early seasons.

[member="Azulas Shag"]

Much better! I have seen My Hero Academia - And your new description makes perfect sense for those who haven't. Nice work.

My last question - When it comes to regeneration - Is there a point where it is no longer effective? How damaged must they be before they can't recover? The Abyssin are amazing but they aren't infallible. I don't think you mean it that way but there's just no mention of it.

Azulas Shag

A
[member="Srina Talon"]

Kk, I added a bit more to that section.

Basically just said that should their heart or brain be damaged too much then it kills them. They can only regenerate from that kind of damage if they're hooked up to technology that keeps their biological systems running.

But the chance that they'll JUST reach that point and you JUST SO HAPPEN to have them close enough to that technology to save them is incredibly small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom