Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Age of Ascension: Bridging Worlds

wb1.png

TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png

On the serene world of Lothal, the break of dawn was still a distant, tantalizing promise on the horizon. The world slept enveloped in the embrace of twilight, with nocturnal creatures taking their final bows and the ones of the day yet to stir. But inside humble sleeping quarters, one Echani boy was already animated with a rare vibrancy.

Braze's eyes twinkled with a mix of anticipation and reverence. Today, he wasn't just marking the passage of another year; he was stepping into an age-old Echani tradition, the Telc'ta, or the Warrior's Right. Fourteen springs he had seen, and fourteen winters he had weathered, and today marked his transition from the realm of childhood into adulthood. It was the day he had been waiting for: his 14th birthday and the Echani Telc'ta. To an Echani like Braze, this was a momentous occasion.

And even though the void left by his deceased father still loomed large in his heart, Braze was determined to mark the day with joy.

Pushing aside the blankets, he carefully rose from his bed, taking a moment to stretch and then dressing himself with a kind of purpose. As he rose, he took a deep breath, momentarily pushing aside the tangled emotions he felt towards his mother. Instead, he focused on the day ahead. He knew that the rituals he was about to undergo were typically performed with the presence of one's father, but with his father having passed away, Braze had another plan in mind.

As he selected his attire, his fingers brushed against the fabric, feeling every texture. Each piece of clothing was chosen with care, representative of the importance of the day.

It was a long, flowing robe, exquisite in its simplicity. The fabric was soft, yet strong, echoing the resilience of the Echani people. Notably absent from his robe, however, was the family or clan symbol. Braze's heart ached for a brief moment, but he quickly brushed it aside, feeling the fabric and appreciating its craftsmanship.
The recent painful encounter with his mother tried to creep into his thoughts, but he resolutely shoved it to the back of his mind. Today was about celebration, about new beginnings, and he wouldn't let anything taint it.

Having dressed, he made his way to the kitchen to gather the necessary items for the Red Tea ceremony. As he prepared the ingredients, his thoughts went to Jasper, his Jedi Master. While not related by blood, Jasper had been his guiding light, especially since his father's death. Braze intended for Jasper to stand in as his father figure for today's rites, even though he had not voiced this wish, or even informed Jasper of the significance of this day.

He set the ingredients and items he would need in the large common room. With his outfit complete, Braze sneaked down the hallway toward Jasper's room. A mischievous smile played on his lips, eager to rouse his friend and begin the festivities.

With everything set for the tea, Braze hesitated for a moment. Then, taking a deep breath to muster up courage, he began to quietly navigate the corridors, searching for Jasper's room. The hushed stillness was punctuated only by the soft thud of his own footsteps.

Upon locating the door, he paused outside, taking another deep breath. He felt a mix of emotions - excitement, nervousness, and hope. Shyly, he knocked, waiting to see if his Master would awaken, unaware of the Echani traditions Braze hoped they'd partake in together.

MOSHED-2022-8-18-22-57-25.jpg

Lothal
Tags: Braze Braze

shield_core_divider.png

Jasper opened his door, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and looking down on his student. The man was tired, having not slept well for the past few days now. Visions had been plaguing his dreams, akin to the remnants of the uploaded memories that his creator had left behind during the process of his cloning, yet they seemed different. Unusual. Jasper struggled to assume it was the force. After all, his connection was terribly weak. Perhaps they were simply nightmares.

But here his student was, a nervous yet excited expression worn on his face. He was sporting rather fancy clothing, very much higher end than Jasper's plain old suit. He frowned, giving a confused scratch of the scruff on his face before opening his mouth...

"Sup," Jasper yawned, giving a half wave.

He still needed a moment to fully wake up. The man would rub at the bridge of his nose, trying to get the cogs to turn in his head.

"So... what's up?" he asked. "With the... y'know, fancy clothes and all."

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

"Okay, sure," Jasper shrugged with a yawn, allowing Braze to pull him off.

He wasn't really awake enough to protest, and Jasper did want to support his student. He just wasn't too sure what that entailed in this instance exactly. It seemed important enough, at least to the half asleep Jedi Knight's twisted view of reality at the present moment. The man would scratch at the back of his head with his free organic arm, frowning a little at the young padawan. What was this all about anyways?

"So... what's up?" he asked. "Am I allowed to know?"

Maybe this was one of those weird surprise things. Braze probably liked suspense.

TAGS: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png

With a gentle gesture, Braze guided Jasper into the warmly lit common room. The scent of aged wood and the quiet hum of the early morning air filled the space. Directly in the center of the room sat a low, polished wooden table, clearly set in preparation for this special ceremony.

Braze delicately placed a soft, cushioned kneeling floor pillow on one side of the table for Jasper. After rather bossily and wordlessly ensuring his Master was comfortably seated, he arranged three meticulously crafted tea cups, placing one directly in front of Jasper, with the others set on opposite sides of the table.

Beside the table stood a small, ornate iron brazier, its intricately designed stand casting playful shadows on the walls. Braze carefully added kindling, striking a flint to ignite a warm flame beneath a waiting kettle. The water inside began its gentle journey to boiling, producing a soothing, rhythmic sound.

He then brought over a tea-making station, setting it down gracefully beside Jasper. With practiced precision, Braze measured out the exact amount of red tea leaves, placing them into the kettle. The familiar, comforting aroma began to waft through the room.

Once satisfied with the preparations, Braze gracefully settled onto his own kneeling cushion, sitting directly across from Jasper. His eyes conveyed reverence for the ceremony, as well as a silent hope that Jasper would understand the significance of what was about to unfold.

Braze settled his somber green eyes directly at Jasper's soft grey eyes and moved to grasp the boiling kettle in his bare hands and rather reverently moved to pour Jasper a cup of the tea than his own two teacups.

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

"Dude, I'm not awake enough for this," Jasper sighed as he sat down, rubbing at his temple.

This was really starting to hurt his head, trying to interoperate what Braze not saying anything actually meant. Like, was he upset? Angry? Taking a vow of silence? None of these seemed reasonable at all, but no words meant no answers, and no answers meant that half asleep Jasper was remaining in a state of confusion. He took the cup of tea that had been poured for him, his grey eyes drifting off into space for a moment before he forcefully dragged his focus back to reality.

"Are you gonna actually tell me what this is about?" he asked, letting out a frustrated sigh. "I'm not very good at charades."

Or reading minds. Really anything that had to do with things not being said for that matter.

Braze carefully finished pouring tea into his own two cups, his movements deliberate and measured despite the steaming heat radiating from the pot he held. Instead of gripping it by its handles, he clasped the pot's sides with his bare hands, showcasing an impressive display of endurance. Once done, he gently placed the pot back on its designated warming pad.

With the pour complete, he slid into the seat opposite Jasper, the warm atmosphere heightened by the tea's rich garnet hue. The liquid shimmered invitingly, its aroma suggesting a balance of spice and sweetness.

Taking a moment to meet Jasper's eyes, Braze's smile was soft, almost mischievous. "This is the Telc'ta, the Warrior's Rite," he began, his voice gentle yet proud. "Today, I turned 14." Each word was articulated slowly, emphasizing its importance.

"The Telc'ta has several components, and right now, we're partaking in the initial stage: the tea ceremony. Traditionally, it's a ritual shared with family." His eyes held a depth of emotion, hinting at the significance of Jasper's presence. "Later today, there's another part of the rite I'd like to share with you, Master Jasper," Braze ventured softly, hope evident in his gaze.

He paused, taking a sip from his cup, allowing the spicy kick and sweet aftertaste to linger. "Of course, if our duties don't permit, or if you're uncomfortable, I understand. It's a meaningful role, one I'd be honored if you'd accept." The weight of his request hung in the air, Braze's sincerity clear in every word.

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

"Oh."

Jasper would take a sip of his spicy tea, which he would hardly notice. Spicy food was nothing new to him. That was... strange. Braze wanted to do this coming of age thing, and he wanted him to stand in for his family. Did his student really think of him in such a regard? Suddenly the knight was wide awake, present in the moment and completely recomposed.

"Of course," Jasper assured with a firm nod. "If you need someone to fill that role for you, I'm happy to do so. I'll just... need a little bit of guidance."

He'd laugh, taking another sip of his tea. Jasper had grown up a Jedi through and through, no other culture of his own. The idea of participating in the ritual of someone else's culture was an odd one. He would need Braze to show him the ropes, at least to get him started. Jasper got things done though, and now that Braze had expressed his value in such a ritual he was committed to helping the young padawan see it through.

"Where do we start?" he asked.

Braze carefully lifted the hot pot again, pouring another cup of tea for Jasper as he finished his current one.

"Well traditionally there are 4 stages to The Telc'ta there's the Telc'ta Tea Ceremony, the Meditation of Chal , the Right of Ascension , and the Feast of the Warrior." Braze began softly, setting down the pot. "We're in the midst of the tea ceremony. Normally, I'd be tasked with pouring tea for everyone and then pouring two cups for myself, using bare hands. It's a test of endurance and also symbolic of taking on greater responsibilities."

He paused, glancing at Jasper. "Usually, this is the time when my family would reminisce about my childhood. Since it's just you and me, I'll spare us both the awkward conversations."

A grateful expression touched Braze's face. "You being here, willing to participate, means a lot to me. Next is a solitary four-hour meditation, where I reflect on my life and the path ahead. Then comes the Right of Ascension—a choreographed fight, traditionally with my father, lasting between two to eight hours. We don't have an audience to impress, so maybe you and I could do something similar just for the fun of it. Maybe I can show you something I think you will be proud to see. After that, we end with a feast. We can keep it simple, maybe prepare something together."

Braze explained carefully so trying not to forget anything.

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

"Choreographed martial arts, huh?" Jasper noted, scratching at the scruff on his chin. "Can't be too hard. Not to brag, but I'm pretty good at martial arts. Uh, not the Echani kind, but I spent some time training with the Matukai. I'd like to think I'm pretty good at that sorta thing."

It was all like dueling anyways. Choreographed, graceful movements, with a focus on the intention of action and the placement of the feet to ground the combatant. He could figure it out. It was just going to take some time to figure out what that was going to look like. Braze and Jasper would do that together.

"Where do we start?" he asked.

Braze's eyes widened with genuine interest, his previous assumption about being the more knowledgeable one in the realm of martial arts happily overturned. "Matukai? Really? I've read about their techniques, their focus on the physical as a path to the spiritual, but never had the chance to learn directly. That's incredible, Jasper."

His enthusiasm for the subject was palpable as he leaned in slightly, as if eager to soak up every bit of wisdom Jasper might offer. "The idea that martial arts can serve as a language, a storytelling method—that's something I've always found captivating. I'd love to explore that concept further, especially with someone who has hands-on experience with a unique form."

Taking a moment to find his footing, Braze adopted a beginner's stance, a subtle nod to his willingness to learn and his respect for Jasper's skills. "Starting with basic stances and forms sounds perfect. I'm keen to understand this language of movement you're talking about."

His eyes met Jasper's, clearly eager to begin. "So, are you ready to start teaching?"

Lothal

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

"Starting with basic stances and forms sounds perfect. I'm keen to understand this language of movement you're talking about."

His eyes met Jasper's, clearly eager to begin. "So, are you ready to start teaching?"

"Then lets not waste any time," Jasper nodded, getting to his feet.

There was certainly a level of excitement to it all. This felt a lot different than the usual bouts of training he conducted with Braze, or any one of his students for that matter. It was strangely familial, or at least Jasper couldn't help but feel it was. he wouldn't know, of course. Jasper hadn't grown up with a family, aside from the brother he discovered well after turning 18. It was all very strange to him, but that only was a further push to see this training through.

"Right," he began. "I think we can start with the basic stances. Maybe I can even squeeze in a few force techniques."

And they would begin...

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

The moment Master Jasper suggested training, a lightness filled Braze, different from their usual sessions. As stepped to the center of the common room, he thought about how to make space for their exercise.

Using a subtle wave of his hand, he employed the Force to slide chairs against the walls and tuck away loose items on the shelves. The middle of the room cleared, offering ample space for them to move around. Third items he had set out for tea and put them away. Shortly after, he returned to the common room with a bounce on his step.

"Basic stances, you say?"
Braze's voice was tinged with playfulness as he adopted the first position.

The training felt different today—less like a rigorous routine and more like a dance. He found himself not just going through the motions but actually enjoying them, almost as if he were a child playing a game with a family member.

When Jasper introduced the idea of Force techniques, Braze felt a buzz of excitement.​
He suggested 'neat' little tricks that looked flashy or impressive to incorporate into their kata that they may one day actually perform in front of others together.

As they practiced their stances and moves, a lighthearted freedom filled Braze. Each swing, each pivot, and even the new tricks they added brought an element of unguarded joy. It was as if the common room had transformed into a sanctuary where he could be himself without judgment.

For Braze, Jedi training had always been a serious endeavor, full of responsibility and expectation. But today was different. With Master Jasper, he felt a warmth he hadn't felt in a long while. Their moves synchronized effortlessly, a rhythmic give and take that felt less like a lesson and more like a shared experience.

For the first time in a very long time, Braze felt as though he was part of something that resembled a family—someone who genuinely cared for him and whom he cared for in return. And in that moment, the walls he had built around himself seemed to soften, replaced by the comfort of feeling accepted and loved.

It was a step towards finding a place, and people, where he truly belonged. And for a young Padawan like Braze, that was a lesson more valuable than any Jedi technique.

Lothal

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

"Alright," Jasper finally spoke, letting out an exhale. "I think that's a good session."

Braze was different. In a good way. It filled him with a great deal of joy, seeing his student break out of his shell and begin to connect. It was important for all people to make meaningful connections, and Jasper was proud to be that in Braze's life, even if it wasn't a major capacity. Of course, they couldn't sit here and train forever. They'd work up to this choreographed routine in due time. For now they'd rest.

"Let's go get some grub, yeah?" he suggested. "I'm starvin."

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze beamed at Jasper's words, feeling a warmth wash over him that he hadn't felt in a long time. "That was a really good session, Master Jasper. I felt... different, more connected. And not just to the Force, but to you, to this moment. It was really fun thank you for taking the time to do this with me... I ... really appreciate it. "

At the mention of food, Braze's stomach let out a well-timed growl, as if to emphasize his readiness. "Grub sounds fantastic. I'm pretty hungry myself. Let's go!" He went to fetch some boots pulled those on and tethered them in place. " Do you want to eat out or would you like to try making something together?" Braze asked.

His voice held a lightness, a carefree note that had been absent for quite a while. For the first time in what felt like ages, Braze felt like he belonged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom