Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Agape [Corellia; Open]

He was on the mountain.

The air was crisp, and the wind had some bite to it. Frost had frozen the hairs of his greying red beard together in places, and the warmth of his breath steamed his surroundings. His ears were so cold they hurt, but his eyes could see everything. The cascading slopes of the mountain rolled into the glacier below, merging with the evergreen forests of his homeworld. And behind that lay the ice cold, aqua blue freshwater sea, and beyond that lay the fjord cities that owed their allegiance to him. Glorious.

He looked down at his nakedness and laughed, unashamed. The cold affected him, no doubt, but his willpower was stronger than that. Alen ran his right hand through his thick greying hair and then bellowed, taking joy in the various echoes that bounced off the ice. His lips had gone dry, soon they would go red, but Alen Na'Varro didn't care. He was home; back to his birthplace, back to where it had all began. He had lived a full life. HIs life had started with betrayal, ended with betrayal. In between he had loved, lost, fought and won. He had been a Sith, been a Jedi, been in between. A thousand years ago he had lost a wife and two children, but he had made a new home for himself in this time. This strange time, where Wild Space was no longer wild, everywhere had been explored. Everything had been done.

Why aren't I dead? I was supposed to die years ago. An odd thought. Alen pondered it; his own form of meditation. Why indeed? I'm almost fifty ...

He'd taken more than his fair share of lives? Why hadn't anyone bested him yet? Why couldn't he die?

The bearded man ignited his lightsaber; the crimson red hue illuminating the snow beneath his bare feet. What he wouldn't give to die in battle now, on his homeworld, where his life had begun. He stared at the blade. Entranced by its beauty, it's hum telling the stories of hundreds of dead men and women. He deserved nothing less than to be bested by a true warrior.

He smiled. And then everything shattered around him into shards of glass.

CORELLIA

It was no longer cold. The air had a dry heat to it, manufactured by ventilation shafts and exhaust fumes. There was no snow, only durasteel and duracrete and dirt. There was no blue sky, he looked up to see only black and no stars. There was no glacier, no freshwater sea, only onlookers from a thousand worlds, all looking on in confusion. He looked down and saw dirt and nakedness, but shame didn't register in his mind. He looked to his lightsaber, and saw only a wooden staff. Before him was a shattered store front window ... no mere man could break that glass with only a staff. Only he was not a mere man. Alen turned in a full circle, eyes wide and empty, his bare feet crunching the glass shards littered on the ground.

"Why aren't I dead?" he asked, but no one responded. "Why aren't I dead?"

His eyes desperately searched for answers among the crowd, but they all turn their eyes to the ground. One Qualeesh met his gaze, more out of confusion and fear than anything else. Alen took a step towards him, leveling the staff to point as his chest.

"You." He strode forward again, his eyes narrowing to slits. "What have you done with my lightsaber?"

The Qualeesh unconsciously stepped backward, his eyes widening in fear. To him, the sight must have been unsettling to say the least ... a bearded, scruffy human male naked save for dirt and a wooden staff strode towards him aggressively. The man's eyes were wild. His mind had awoken in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. His natural reaction was anger fueled by fear. The man who had once been Alen Na'Varro was stripped away, and the animal within had taken over. The bearded man paced forward slowly, menacingly as the Qualeesh backpedaled, almost tripping over his own feet. The crowd moved unconsciously to make room for the pair. They were sheep making way for a wolf, in the hopes that he didn't turn his attention to them.

"Where," he said, the pregnant pause adding weight to his words. "Is my laser sword?"

"Wh- ... wh- ..." the Qualeesh stammered as his friend blended into the crowd, abandoning him to the wild man. Na'Varro snarled and pounced like a cat, tackling the Qualeesh to the ground. In a swift moment, he had his left hand around the alien's throat as the right came down in a stinging back-handed slap.

"If you don't start making sense, I will rip out your tongue and teach it to speak Basic. Do you understand?" The cowed Qualeesh whimpered and reduced in his grasp, offering a small nod. Na'Varro growled, his eyes turning to the crowd.

"WHERE IS MY FRAKKING SWORD?!"

The small street wanderer was making his usual rounds, seeing if he could rile up a meal, when a -very- unusual sight caught his eye. The small feline-like creature stopped dead in his tracks as his sapphire gaze first caught sight of Na'varro. It was strange indeed to see a human without clothing like this, and it was drawing in quite a crowd, especially after he had broken the shop window.

Chaca didn't think anything of the man's nudity - the small cathar boy went naked himself nearly all-the-time. Though it was common to see furred aliens, such as cathars and wookies without any clothing, a human being bare often meant something unusual. In this instance, it seemed this man was insane... At least externally thats how it would seem to the crowd.

But Chaca could feel something more... Something that told him the force was at work here. Chaca was an odd being in the force, to say the least, and most that would meet him presumed that Chaca must be some sort of wound in the force. Though he looked small, bare, unarmed, and timid, most force users would treat Chaca with suspicion at first. As he approached, to most force users he would feel like a dead spot - a gap in the force growing closer and closer

Chaca stopped at the edge of the opening within the crowd, part of the wide circle of people who were surrounding Na'varro and the unfortunate unsuspecting qualeesh

"You've been lost for so long...you don't remember who you are within the force anymore...do you?"

The boy said, very directly to Na'varro. There was something almost mystical about the way Chaca spoke. His form looked so very young, small and frail. But his deep blue eyes held hints of a presence that was much more ancient

"You will not find your light saber until you find yourself. Let this poor sap go, and come with me. I can help lead you back to who you are"

The boy said, a strange calmness to him, unlike the panicky qualeesh. The boy wasn't actually bluffing, something inside him told him that he was on the right track. But time would tell if he could actually be successful in what he promised. For the moment, getting Na'varro to release the qualeesh was the first objective.

[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

Ooc: Hope its okay I join. If not just let me know and I will clear out this post :)

OOC: By all means. Welcome.

---

Even in his wild state, the man could sense something was off within the crowd. The force stirred within him, alerting him to something unnatural. His animalistic mindset propelled his feelings towards repulsion, and this was represented by his snarl deepening in his face. The Qualeesh remained within his grasp, but now Na'Varro's attention lay towards the crowd ... towards the blind spot he could not sense. It was a strange thing, this blind spot, and to the wild man it meant danger. It was something he could not control, and therefore it scared him. He was without his lightsaber, but the force was still with him despite his current inability to grasp that intellectually. He wasn't completely defenseless and yet ... that fear still grew within him. His grip tightened around the unfortunate alien beneath him.

"You've been lost for so long...you don't remember who you are within the force anymore...do you?"

Na'Varro's eyes narrowed, centering on the source of his blind spot. A little furry urchin, a Cathar child, a small thing. So frail, so unblooded ... his wild brown eyes met the blue of the child, but he said nothing. He tensed, waiting for the child to sprout into a monster ten times more unnatural. A rip in the force. In all his years, had the man ever seen something like this?

I don't remember ... he looked back down at the Qualeesh, and then at his dropped staff. Why am I still alive?

"You will not find your light saber until you find yourself. Let this poor sap go, and come with me. I can help lead you back to who you are" The young Cathar, the abomination that the wild man was now convinced was a mere projection of the force, spoke with a gravity well beyond his years. Na'Varro's grip on the Qualeesh loosened by a fraction, and his eyes grew softer as he met the boy's once again. The abomination spoke, and Na'Varro had no doubt that the boy could do as he promised. Meeting this child is fate. The will of the force. He looked down at the Qualeesh and chuckled until he lost control of the laughter; the pitch of his laugh grew higher and higher until he released the Qualeesh and rolled off him. The laughter racked and contorted his body. His madness combined with the weight of a large burden being lifted from his shoulders, and he rejoiced with total abandon. The crowd began to rumble, disturbed by his strange behaviour, and the Qualeesh quickly scurried into their midst. And then the laughter stopped.

Like a flash, Na'Varro was on his feet and his staff was back in his hand, his eyes wild once more. He pointed his staff at the boy, his mirth a distant memory. His brow was furrowed, his presence like a storm. His eyes narrowed, and his staff pointed at the child.

"Are you sure that is what you want, forcegeasne?" He did not trust this boy, this abomination. But he was not afraid to die screaming.

[member="Chaca"]

Though the words on the man's lips weren't directed at him necessarily, Chaca spoke, as though he held some form of clarity that Na'Varro lacked

"You are still alive because you are still needed"

The small ivory-furred child said softly, in direct response to the wild-man's own self-reflections

Chaca stepped closer, but still maintaining enough distance to attempt a dodge or fend off a surprise attack...so Chaca had hoped.

The small felinesque alien couldn't be less imposing physically. He was much smaller than Na'Varro, thin and light, and being that he was as naked as the wild man, it could be seen that he was entirely unarmed.

Some of the crowd backed up as Chaca stepped in closer to the insane force-wielder. A few even turned, and quickly left the scene, deciding it would be best to escape now before things turned much more deadly

Some in the crowd actually jumped, flinched, or leapt back as Na'Varro suddenly leapt back to his feet and rearmed himself. Chaca didn't move, his eyes locked on the man. A trained fighter would know that Chaca was prepared to dodge incoming attacks, though something within told the boy that it probably wouldnt be necessary right now. There was one thing this crazed force-wielder wanted more now than bloodshed - he wanted answers. And at this moment, this frail lithe adolescent boy was his only chance at such answers.

"Good and bad...dark and light...are relative. The force doesnt actually discriminate...it is we that do so."

Again, the words the boy spoke hinted of wisdom far beyond his youth. The crowd was confused, they had not known what was meant by "forcegeasne", though it seemed Chaca just might

"You have much to learn, and much to face...if you are to regain even a shred of your former power. I am certain I was brought here to help you find what it is you seek. Do you trust in the force, as I have learned to?"

[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

As the young Cathar spoke, the wild man tuned into his own stream of consciousness. He heard what the boy spoke of; of sacrifice and the regaining of power. Trusting in the Force, finding what was lost ... but for some reason, the man knew that wasn't going to be his path. There was another truth out in the ether ... it was elusive, and it eluded the man's confused but powerful mind. The question wasn't why he was alive. It was why was he here? What sequence of events had led him to this point? He was naked, dirty and out of control, but that wasn't the major thing that was wrong. The truth was, he just didn't feel himself.

"You have much to learn, and much to face...if you are to regain even a shred of your former power. I am certain I was brought here to help you find what it is you seek. Do you trust in the force, as I have learned to?"

"Yes." The man's quick answer was a surprise even to himself, but he found it to be true. His wild eyes searched the young Cathar's, and for once, the wild man actually smiled. "It is because of the Force that I am here."

His posture changed, his shoulders squared and he adopted the form of a warrior.

"Come. Let us discover why I know that to be true."

[member="Chaca"]

The sudden "yes" came as a surprise indeed, even to Chaca, but nonetheless the small Cathar found himself thankful for the affirmative response. It seemed that the two were brought together, destined to have some sort of growth experience within the force

The small unimposing cathar moved forward, his large ears perked up and swiveling, as though he was picking up sounds that may be too far for others to hear

"I have a feeling your first trial will be only moments from now..."

He said, looking around as he realized that some of the crowd members had likely informed the authorities

"The security forces will be here soon. It will be a critical point for you in the force... You will have to decide your intent.."

He started to say, the boy suddenly pausing as a few CorSec police stepped through the crowd, the citizens making way for them. He semi-turned, looking as the officer among them spoke with authority, his voice carried even louder by his helmet com piece

"Citizens, you have damaged property and caused public disturbance. Submit yourselves for processing"

Chaca could feel his heart pound in his chest, his eyes wide in shock as he realized they were after him too. It must look to corsec as though the two were working together.... Which for the moment is true

"Evade, or destroy? Or something else entirely?"

Chaca spoke softly, questioning how Na'Varro planned to handle the CorSec officers. Strangely, it seemed Chaca was alright to go along with whatever Na'Varro chose

Two of the CorSec guards unholstered their blaster pistols as a standoff began to unfold

[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom