Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Aftermath [Xiveros]

Caedyn Arenais

C
This thread continues the story between Caedyn Arenais and Xiveros, following the Final Eclipse Annihilation.

affafacfasw.png

Apparel: Heavy Jedi Battle-Armor, Armistice Staff Lightsaber, CS.38 Tactical Side-Arm.
Tag: Xiveros.

Strike Team Windu's objective on Exegol had been achieved. They had paved the way for Alliance forces to infiltrate the Sith Fortress on Exegol. The battle between the Brotherhood of the Maw and the Galactic Alliance had been fierce, suffering devastating losses on both sides, truly capturing the horrific scene on the battlefield as Caedyn Arenais had taken up the sword in order to deter what he believed would be further bloodshed was the Brotherhood left unchecked.

His part in the war had been shorter than most, his duties had carried him across much of the Galaxy and he had not been present for many of the battles between the Alliance and the Maw. When the call came in that their objective had been achieved, the world had already been ablaze of light, summoned by senior members of the New Jedi Order and subsequently decimating much of the enemy forces.

For the Jedi Knight, however, his part was not yet over.

Xiveros, a warrior harnessed by the Sith for the purpose of war, stood nearby as the sounds of the wounded echoed around the pair. From what Caedyn could assume, he was certainly near-human in appearance, though his specific species or race couldn't be determined. During their engagement, Caedyn had assumed his opponent to be a type of Sith Spawn, a manifestation and creation of dark Sith Magicks, yet Xiveros had spoken as though he were once human or seemingly closely related to civilian life. He had mentioned another. Someone that Caedyn guessed Xiveros had loved and lost. There were many questions, though none so important compared to what Xiveros would choose to do next.

The Jedi looked upon the fallen with grave eyes, disappointment worn on the outside as he took note of both the enemy troops and his allies who had not survived. He had meant to continue on towards the Fortress before the word had gone out across the comms, a time to fall back and tend to the wounded while things seemed to calm at least for the moment. Caedyn didn't know whether hostile reinforcements were inbound, or how capable the Brotherhood still remained in any retaliation, yet for the time being the area around he and Xiveros had ceased fighting and only sounds of distant gunfire and warfare could be heard.

"What will you do now?" Caedyn spoke up, turning to look back towards Xiveros studiously. Naturally, Caedyn hoped that he would not return to the Sith, yet it was not his place to decide for the warrior.

Xiveros

X

affafacfasw.png

Tag: Caedyn Arenais

"What will you do now?"

He didn't quite know. All he had learned up until this moment was a carefully fabricated web of information, trickled down and portioned to keep the spawn of the Nether complacent and subservient. His world was distorted and torn, confused and upside down as he struggled with the sudden knowledge of his past - loss he never grieved, time he never experienced. An unbearable twisting feeling ate away at the warrior's otherwise stoic demeanor, he couldn't think straight and his chest tightened - his frame visibly becoming burdened and unsettled.

"I've lost here. I'm sure you can see that."

A hint of embarrassment in Xiveros' voice, although transparently laced with a certain ire.

His form was battered and lacerated, scorched and pierced.

"I expect this moment to be the first and last of what some would call mercy. What Sith creation surrenders to a Jedi? They'll do away with me like anything else that fails them. And what's to say of those devoted to your creed? What would they make of this? I'm already dead."

For the first time, he felt hopelessness. He felt alone.

"Know that if you strike me, I will still defend myself."

A sad display of false strength, pitiful and withered down by the overwhelming sting of emotion - of humanity. He had to at least try to act strong, but even that was fading fast. He had no more cards to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom