Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After the Storm

@[member="Thessa Kai"] - @Akodya Mune

With work for the mining and materials company well underway, Judah had split time between the Rebels and the ocean planet of Ceto. Perhaps more time on Ceto. One issue had snowballed into another and a two day stay had turned into more or less an entire week. There was only one upside to his entire stay : managing to drag Thessa Kai away from the Rebels and out onto the planet. He had been wanting to pull her away ever since the 'release' from prison. Judah had been renting the secluded white beach house on planet ever since his first visit, finding himself spending an increasing amount of time on the planet. He wanted Thessa to love the rocky, pristine islands and undersea metropolitan cities just as much as he did. He saw his potential future reflected here -- not just in mining.

Entering the very spartan space, Judah was immediately greeted by the plucky little R2 unit, Sparky. Rolling and bumping into his legs the droid was twittering and beeping almost as if his circuits were overloaded. It was just the droid however. Sparky was like an overactive child. In many ways the astromech unit was his and Thessa's child. Their electronic son. Patting the dome, Judah chuckled.

"Can I at least get fully in the door first?" With an indignant beep Sparky rolled back an acceptable distance until the door was shut. Back to being glued to his side. Running a hand through his unruly curls, Judah looked around. "Anything happen to the fort while I was away?"

A series of electronic noises emanated from the droid, ending in a long mournful tone and another question.

"How can I not notice?She sleeps less than a foot away from me. Between us and the walls, not surprised its getting worse Sparks. " Judah had reached out to the Jedi who had worked miracles on him. The being was no longer available. His request was for another to help. Hopefully the Master who had treated him would have an apprentice or lackey or office assistant....someone who felt like taking the all-expense paid trip out to Ceto_Or was already in this region of space. He had debated on meeting the Jedi in the Rebel fleet. There were too many prying eyes and the potential for any Jedi arriving to be labeled as a terrorist sympathizer.

An sorrowful-affirmative chirp was Sparky's reply with more information. He hadn't seen Thessa in some time.

"Alright, let me run upstairs and make sure our little mermaid is okay.Sorry for being away for so long Sparky..."

Detaching himself from Sparky, Judah quickly ascended the stairs, pushing the door open to their bedroom. Thessa was sprawled out in bed, bottle in hand, passed out. Changing out of the dirty miners overalls before dealing with the situation, the young man gently plucked the bottle from her hand and put it on the nightstand. Hand came to rest on her slender neck, checking for pulse. Judah never was too sure as of late.

Seeing his Galan was alive, he pulled the comforter over her form and opened the windows to let in the salty sea air. Maybe it would help dilute the smell of cheap alcohol.

@[member="Judah Dashiell"] @Akodya Mune

The salt air tickled her nose and reminded her of home.

Home.

The slaves still marched the streets, the moans and yells from others trickled into her cell. She waited and heard them, knowing her own screams would chorus with the others soon. The dark chuckle whispered in her ear, his hot breath unwelcome on her neck as the cold wall pressed against her face. His hands should not be touching her. His pain...

Eyelids stirred rapidly beneath closed lids as her mind forced herself awake. Jolting up in bed, she pulled her knees to her chest and began rocking silently, immediately straightening when she saw Judah.

He was worried enough.

The fake smile was already on her face, one she was getting better at. "Hey," she said softly, hand brushing through her tangled-driftwood blue-streaked hair. "What are our plans for today?"

@[member=Thessa Kai] - @[member=Akodya Mune]

Not missing the immediate self-comforting action, Judah sighed when the fake smile came out. He wasn't quite sure why the Galan bothered. Who she was trying to constantly fool was beyond his reasoning at the moment. It had been a long night at the chanlon mine. After the undersea rockslide earlier in the week and waiting for the water to clear, it had been full steam ahead in operations. His first instinct was to crawl in bed and let the ocean waves lull him to sleep. Not happening today by a long shot.

"I've got an idea or two."

A handful of hours later and the trio found themselves on the trails of the rocky hills just several hundred yards from the home. Sparky was making his way in front of the pair, happily whistling and chirping as he traversed the little paths. Pulling Thessa out of seclusion and into sun and surf was all part of his plan to keep her from drinking herself into oblivion throughout the day. The flask would run out, they would be a distance away from home or any other true civilization, no extra alcohol would be consumed. At least until later.

Fingers intertwined with hers, Judah gave a small squeeze before yawning. Expanses of blue laid out before them, the hills providing some of the best vantage points on the island, on a clear day the rest of the small island chain was easily visible, green oasis in the land of blue and teal.

"Thanks for coming along, normally its so quiet and boring coming alone. Its a welcome relief to have you all to myself again. Even if I have been away a good portion of the time. I do apologize, should be smooth sailing now..."

@[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Slender digits squeezed Judah's rough hands back. "You've been fine," she shrugged and shook her head once as Sparky wheeled back to them, twittering up at the Galan. "I think Sparky wanted some alone time with me too. I swear that droid is becoming more and more like our child. The stang bucket of bolts is even starting to snore at night."

She elbowed his ribs gently. It was easier to talk about them, less painful.

"You come here alone a lot, eh? Any mining girls I need to be worried about?" Finding a nice spot on the grass that overlooked the cliffs and ocean, she gently tugged Judah down too, free hand coming to rub the leftover sleep from her eyes, the few hours of nightmare-free she managed to get this week.

Akodya Mune

A
There was always something about the sea had fascinated the padawan.

Staring out into the rough waves that licked at the sandy beach, Akodya felt at peace. Sitting alone on a rock overlooking the roaring surf she sat cross legged, her wrists resting softly on her knees. The salty sea air rushed past her and pulled back her long dark hair, a small smile curling on her lips as she took a breath of it.

There is no emotion, there is peace.

The first line of the Jedi code had become Akodya's favorite phrase to repeat when meditating as it seemed to apply to her more and more as the days past. As a child this concept of keeping emotions separate from her duties had been easy, but once the true nature of the war and the republic had been revealed, she struggled to stay away from anger. No matter how hard she tried, her frustration got the better of her. Closing her eyes Akodya turned her focus to the sounds of the ocean.

But her concentration was soon broken.

A feeling of distress washed over the young Healer, but the emotion was not her own. Somewhere near by, there was someone stuck in a deep sadness that was slowly eating them alive. Akodya's hazel eyes opened suddenly and a gasp escaped her lips.

"What the kriffing hell was that?"

@[member="Thessa Kai"] @[member="Judah Dashiell"]

@[member="Thessa Kai"] - @[member=Akodya Mune]

"Snore? I think you're hearing yourself."

Stretching his legs out on the grassy overlook, Judah watched Sparky stare at the two of them. The little droid seemed confused as why they would stop and soon redirected himself to observe whatever caught his photoreceptors. With Thessa pressed against his side, the quiet overlook and beautiful scenery, he could almost forget the recent events in both of their lives. Quiet seemed to be in short supply.

"Miner girls?" Judah chuckled and shook his head a little. "No. You wouldn't have to worry if you came with me more often. Not much of a choice to go it alone lately." Slipping his arm around the tired mermaid's shoulders, Judah was going to give a gentle reminder about her destiny of becoming the one and only Mrs.Dashiell when a voice drifted towards their location. Brows furrowing, Judah looked out into the clear ocean, trying to make out a predatory fish close to shore. Hell, perhaps even making a sentient being lunch. Nothing.

"I don't see anything..."

@Judah Dashiell @Akodya Mune

He found a quick elbow in his side at the snoring comment but a grin was on her aqua-lips. The grin turned into a frown as she heard it too. Sparky warbled ahead.

"What is it Sparkster, you found someone?" The droid gave a short beep and disappeared over the dip in the path. "C'mon sweetie, can't let Sparky get too far ahead, alone." Tugging Judah to his feet, she followed, hand falling to the blaster at her side, just in case. The pair quickly rejoined the droid, coming upon a lone woman.

"Uh, you okay, ma'am?"

Akodya Mune

A
Akodya turned at the sound of a few whirls and beeps to see a small R2 unit buzzing at her. She wondered what it was doing so close to the beach, perhaps it's owner was stationed rear by. "Hey there little guy, What are you up to?" she said, a small smile tugging at her lips. The droid let out a joyful series of bleeps as a couple holding hands emerged from the top of a hill. As soon as the young Jedi's eyes fell on the woman with aqua hair, the same feeling of inner struggle was upon her again, stronger then ever.

She had great sadness within her, although she fought to remain brave, for the sake of someone close to her...most likely the man her hand was linked with.

Standing up Akodya brushed the sand off her shorter summer robes and offered the pair a polite smile. "I'm fine, thank you. Just enjoying the sea...is this your little droid?" She asked, her eyes jumping from the astromech droid to the couple and back again. That feeling of pain that radiated from the woman like rays of the sun was growing suffocating...the poor girl. What had she been though to be put in that state?

@[member="Thessa Kai"] @[member="Judah Dashiell"]

@[member="Thessa Kai"] - @[member=Akodya Mune]

"Can't let the children wander too far, now can we?"

Judah was completely joking. What harm could Sparky really get himself into? The droid wasn't so stupid as to fall into the ocean. Yet it wasn't the ocean that had caught the little creature's optical sensors but a woman. Despite what they had overheard down wind earlier, the woman appeared to be in decent shape, no distress. Even said she was fine. Sparky must have caught a case of white knight syndrome somewhere in its programming.

"Yeah, Sparky is ours. Terribly sorry, must have a loose circuit somewhere to just come out and bother you..."

@Judah Dashiell @Akodya Mune

The way the other woman was staring at them...no...at her, was a little unnerving. Sparky warbled a sassy response to Judah and the Galan couldn't help but smirk. She no longer needed a translator to understand the astromech's short beeps and blips. "Okay well....nice meeting you. Judah and I are staying at a beach house not far from here, so if you need anything, just let us know." She gently tugged on Judah's arm to go.

Hopefully she hadn't just told a serial killer where they lived.

@[member="Thessa Kai"] - @[member="Akodya Mune"]

Shooting Sparky a glare at the comment, Judah followed the tug, dumbfounded by the words that had been uttered from the Galan's lips. Was Thessa asking to be killed off? For all the pair knew they had just met the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. Half of them had personality disorders in his opinion.

"Yeah....nice meeting you."

Looping back around towards the beach house with Sparky in tow, he shook his head, not sure whether to laugh about the situation. Arm around the Galan's shoulders, Judah kept her close as they neared their refuge on the sand. Making their way inside -- and out of the prying ears of their potential murderer -- Judah turned Thessa to face him, brushing a stray driftwood lock out of her face.

"You know, she could come back and kill us." Cheery thought. Taking her hand, he led the Galan up the stairs. "Could be our last night. Better make the most of it..."

Akodya Mune

A
Akodya suddenly realized the pair were a little...uncomfortable by her presence. She had been focusing so intensely on the powerful emotions that surrounded the pair that she had forgotten she'd probably been gawking at them in an odd way. Blinking she shifted her gaze away, heat rushing to her cheeks in embarrassment. It hadn't occurred to her how strange she must have been just sitting out here alone...and then that happened.

As the woman gave a polite but forced greeting, she gave a quick nod and turned back to the sea as the two and their droid retreated back towards the dunes. Idiot, this is why you don't have many friends. She thought to herself.

After a few moments had past, Akodya hesitantly glanced over her shoulder in the direction the trio had fled, a memory of the suffering the woman had felt flooded back into her mind. Drumming her fingers into the rock next to her, she itched to be of help in some way...

@[member="Judah Dashiell"]

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom