Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After the Storm

will you sink down to me?
Form: Humanoid Location: Geonosis Pride hangar deck
Equipment: Black hydroarmor / dartgun / blaster pistol / trident electrostaff /
ID10 seeker droid and docking port
Tag: [member="Sasha Fox"]

teal1.png
This never happened.

But it made sense that it was happening now, after the restless siege of Ryloth. General Terrik had tried her best to cycle the troops so they could rest, and Damsy certainly got more sleep than nearly none - what she otherwise might have - but she was still just about dead on her feet. All the Commandos she had seen on her way off planet, winding back to base through the trenches, were. They didn't speak to each other; seeing their posture all but ready to slump over if it hadn't been for their rigid armors was more than enough to foster that understanding. This was an entirely different kind of exhaustion than what she was used to active combat duty gifting her.

So much so that it had possessed her to trudge into the wrong transport. All the way up, she hadn't noticed the shuttle was not headed for Omega's rendezvous point aboard the Rebellious Hawk. Admittedly, she hadn't even noticed until after offloading and exiting the hanger bay, when she realized with one glace down the hallway, this wasn't her stop. "'Cuse me, sir," she muttered through her helmet at a passing flight officer. "What ship is this?"

He gave her a short-lived look, either concerned or put-out - Damsy couldn't tell which - and answered, "The Geonosis Pride, ma'am."

Damsy swayed a bit at she thought over a response, taking too long, and the officer flitted away to attend his duties. She'd miss the Dauntless debriefing. Kark. It took a few more moments of standing idly in the hall before her lagging brain calculated that her next course of action should be to extend Luna a heads up. As she wandered down the hall, intent on finding the flight master, she typed a message to send to her CO. Damsy would surely be able to work something out with the master and get herself back to the Hawk soon.

Fix this mistake. Debrief. Eat some hot grub. Bunk out.

[SIZE=9pt]The siege of Ryloth had taken its toll on everyone, The air boss was no different, Sasha had been awake for over 3 days without a wink of sleep. Sasha watched from the control tower overlooking the Hangar’s. As most of the remaining fighters made their way back through the hangar doors Sasha rested her chin in her palm. These last few days had been filled with Fubar landings and ships breaking down. To say Sasha was exhausted was an understatement. That was until something big hit the ship, it hit so hard that the entire ship rocked sideways. As this happened Sasha was jolted onto her feet. It was then that the comms went crazy. Sasha only caught bits and pieces “… collision… bridge… killed…” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As Sasha heard this she sprinted for the door of the control tower but not before checking to see everything was under control on the hangar deck. As she ran through the corridors heading for the bridge Sasha’s mind went crazy with what could have happened. It was then that she accidentally ran into [member="Damsy Callat"]. She would stop for a moment and say “My apologies, I have never seen you around here before but I am Major Fox air boss around here. You look a bit lost follow me and we will figure it out.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As she said this Sasha would once more take off hoping she was followed by the woman. As soon as she reached the bridge she could see it was in disarray, the bridge crew were all running around putting out the last of the fires when Sasha stepped foot inside the Navigation officer spoke immediately “Ma’am you could not have arrived at a better time, as you likely know 3 and ½ minutes ago a large ship made contact with the ship. While it did not do enough damage to put us out of commission it was enough to send the Captain into the Navigation console with enough force to be lethal. That being said you are the highest ranking officer on board and there for interim captain.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]As these words were uttered Sasha’s jaw hit the ground. It was all so much to take in yet in a matter of a few seconds she nodded.[/SIZE]

[member="Damsy Callat"]

"Feth's sake!" Damsy actually stumbled now. As the hallway rocked from the collision, her stormtrooper greaves did little to stabilize her drained musculature. Was a bit of a break too much to ask the universe for?! The hull under her feet righted itself almost as suddenly as it had canted, sending Damsy backwards. Fortunately, she had recovered just as a brunette woman appeared alongside the Sithspawn. As she spoke, Damsy tripped over her own tongue, the burst of adrenaline and blaring impact alarm deepening her exhausted stupor. "Uh... N-no--'mean, yes, Major!"

That was, no, she wasn't a regular around here; yes, she'd follow her.

She found it easier to follow after [member="Sasha Fox"] as momentum built behind her. Left, right, left, right, left... By the time the two came onto the bridge, Damsy found her Kaminoan dartgun in her hand. Somehow she managed to stop without running into any of the crew, through she almost tripped over a mouse droid, recovering by stepping over in in a wide stride. The bridge constricted even more in her visor as she squinted her eyes and scanned the room. It was certainly a mess, but no danger stood out at her among it. Then she turned towards the conversation unfolding beside her in time to catch the end. "Captain." Damsy nodded at Fox after tucking her black sunbonnet under her arm. Her black, natural hair was pulled back in two braids decorated with simple durasteel clasps. "What ship, sir?" she asked the navigation officer. "Enemy remnants?" The alternative was an unfortunate accident as the CDF withdrew from Ryloth.

[SIZE=9pt]As the young Dauntless corporal began to spring her series of questions Sasha would take inventory of what little bridge crew she had left of the typical 20 that served on the bridge only 10 survived the impact, whether they were killed during the siege or in the collision thereafter, however, the only thing that mattered at this point was that they were no more and there for needed to be replaced. For Sasha it was a difficult thing to do though none the less if she were to succeed as a captain, she would need a strong bridge crew behind her. As she thought this over her navigations officer spoke “It was a last-ditch attempt to do as much damage as possible. However, their ship was far too weak structurally to do any substantial damage.” With that said all eyes went to Sasha. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The young captain looked at her Navigations officer “You are now my second Quincy. Send for lieutenants Fields, Boats and Reed” She said in the upmost certainty. “Once they arrive seal the bridge, I have updated briefing for all of you” Having said all of that Sasha would make her way to her new office. She motioned for Damsy to follow her. Upon reaching the office she would close the door behind both of them. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“So corporal sorry for the mess, what brings you to the Geonosis Pride?” She asked taking a seat behind the desk and twiddled her thumbs. She had so many thoughts but for now she was worried about figuring out how to help the Corporal.[/SIZE]

[member="Damsy Callat"]

A lonely enemy frigate plotting vain revenge - likely story, really, considering.

In [member="Sasha Fox"]'s new office, Damsy found neither energy nor reason to snap to attention, but she did offer a relaxed salute. "No judgement," she assured truthfully. Now the explanation part, that rose a dark blush up her neck mostly covered by the turtleneck of the blacks underneath her armor. "Damsy Callat, with General Luna Terrik's personal squad, the Omegas of Legion 117. En route to the Rebellious Hawk, I, uh, I guess I caught the wrong shuttle." She cleared her throat, erasing mush of her hiding embarrassment. "Very sorry for the trouble, Captain Fox, but I will require interfleet transport at your earliest convenience, preferably." Either another shuttle ride or a loaned starfighter would do her just fine, but she had a feeling the latter option might not appeal to Fox. After all, who would bring her fight back home after Damsy disembarked?

A thoughtful pause. "In the meantime, I'm more than willing to offer a hand in the transition." The offer was made before Damsy had a chance to filter it and gulp it back down. She meant it in earnest, just not at the moment, or for the next eight or so hours as it were, or not without some stims if her services were required now.

Scratch a Sithspawn's back and she'll scratch yours, so the saying went.

[SIZE=9pt]Sasha was not at all expecting the corporal to snap to the attention for it had been a very rough journey since the siege had started. Having sat down the gravity of this situation finally took ahold of the small woman, she was not one used to being in charge of people, for being an airboss she was more about being in charge of machines and a few people who understood a machines almost as well as she did so it made them understand each other better. Once the gravity hit her Sasha placed her head in her hands for a moment. Once she regained her barings and heard what the young corporal said about offering her assistance. Sasha motioned toward the chair on the other side of the desk “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Sit please” [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]She said looking the young corporal over “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]I will do my best to arrange for your return to your comrades, however at the moment with the massive gap in our personnel I cannot make any promises. With the threat from the enemy still present I cannot in my right mind send you out with just a lone shuttle or starfighter against who knows what. I hope you understand this[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt].[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” She said gently not liking what she had to say at all.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As she gathered her thoughts she would then speak once more “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]I would appreciate your assistance, I can tell you have seen more than a few battles, I am going to need an advisor, someone I can turn to for advice in tough situations. I know it is a lot to ask but I hope you will consider.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” As she finished a call came on her comm link from Quincy “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Captain we have the lieutenants and have sealed the bridge as you asked”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Shall we?” [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]She asked standing[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt][member="Damsy Callat"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]

Damsy sat, resting her sunbonnet in her lap. She resisted the urge to frown at the news just as a knot of angry stress began to pulse behind her dark blue eyes. Of course though the Captain was right to put not just Damsy's but her crews' safety first. It was a good first order. Veto, rather, but still an order. It was always good to see a new naval officer start off her command on the proverbial right foot. She just hoped someone who wouldn't mind giving her the rundown of the debriefing was assigned to her later. The last thing she wanted was a brother or sister to chew her out for having missed it in the first place too.

But Damsy herself was not on that foot. She was somewhere sprawled out on the floor, metaphorically. Exhaustion had now caught up to her and was settling in her joints, threatening to take her hostage in this warm, plush office chair. She shifted her legs a bit to jog their memory of how to work as she continued to listen on. A naval officer having an advising...commando? Such a thing was unheard of as far as the Sithspawn knew, at least in the Confederate Defense Force. "Yes, ma'am," she said finally. So she had time to think on it. Good, for what felt like a dozen questions clouded her mind:

Temporarily or long-term? If the latter, could Damsy transfer back to the Omegas after her service to Fox was complete? For all of the personal and physical hiccups she had experienced during her career, she thrived on the battlefield. And how would she even get Luna to sign off on the first transfer?

Damsy shook her head, taking the clue to stand after Sasha did, moving towards the door as well, instead of having heard the invitation. "I will, Captain." All she did from then on was follow her interim commanding officer.

[SIZE=9pt]Sasha understood the confusion on the face of the Corporal, she was worried about the logistics and the strain it would place on her shoulders would be enormous. However Sasha thought this could be a good thing for both Damsy and herself, for they were relatively close in age, though Damsy was 4 years older than the captain she felt they could communicate easier than some others. Beyond this she did not have much battlefield experience which was yet another area the Corporal would be a great contrast to her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Considering all these things Sasha pulled on the steel door which swung open easily. As the two of them stepped out of the office and back onto the bridge Quincy shouted “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Captain on the bridge[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” as he did all the bridge crew snapped to attention with a salute. “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]At ease[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” Sasha said stepping toward the navigation console at the center of the room. The lieutenants that Sasha had sent for were all standing across the console from Sasha “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]As most of you know at 1600 hours our ship was hit by an enemy Frigate in a last ditch attempt to cause more damage. Though The Geonosis Pride is still operational and relatively ok we lost a majority of our bridge crew including Captain Williams…” [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]As she said this the bridge crew held an impromptu moment of silence. It was not long before the captain once more broke the silence muttering “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Peace to the Fallen[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt].” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As that phrase passed over the bridge crew Sasha then spoke again “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Which leads me to the business at hand, as acting Captain of this vessel it has fallen on me to fill the voids left on this crew.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” She turned to look at the Lieutenants assembled before her [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“Lieutenant Fields, you have been my right hand man since I was appointed to the rank of major and given command over the hangars on this fine vessel. I feel it is only right that you take my place as the air boss[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” As she said it the lieutenant’s face brightened “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Thank you captain[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Sasha’s eyes then moved to the next lieutenant “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Boat’s you have proven yourself as a capable weapons operator in the short time you have been on this vessel, as such I see it only fitting to give you command over the weapons systems and their crews, keep your men in high spirits and the weapons functional[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt].” Boats also thanked the captain as she continued on “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Reed you are quite the navigator having flown several solo missions reaching far from the ship, I only see it right to make you the navigation officer[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt].” As she said this Quincy’s face dropped, she had just given away his position on the bridge but she had just the spot in mind for him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Quincy I said it earlier though you did not know what I meant when I said you were my second. I meant you are now promoted to the executive officer of this vessel, you only answer to me[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt].” As she finished she then turned to Damsy “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Everyone this is Corporal Callat she is with us via a logistical mishap however her presence is most auspicious. While her presence is only temporary for the moment she is to be treated with the utmost respect as my personal guest am I understood.” [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]As she said this a resounding “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Yes Captain[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” Was heard from all members of the crew[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] “Everyone report to your stations and give me a report as soon as possible, Fields work with Engineering and get us underway.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As she said this Sasha turned to Damsy “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]I am grateful for you being understanding of our situation.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]”[/SIZE]

~ Tag: [member="Sasha Fox"] ~
This time, Damsy fell in line, following the crew into and then out of attention. When done, she came to the round holo computer behind Fox, stepping a little to the side. One arm held her helmet tucked underneath her arm while the other hung at her side, resting on the silver dartgun holstered at her side. She received the unfortunate news like the rest of the gathered crew, and bowed her her - eyes, though, open and always watchful - during the moment of silence. She then nodded and mouthed along with the Captain, Peace to the Fallen.

In the next few minutes, promotions were awarded to the four present. Damsy didn't know any of them, Sasha included, any more than she knew the late Captain Williams, but she chose to trust in the brunette officer's commendations. There was no reason to object to them. As such, the Vicelord's Sithspawn daughter remained quiet throughout the short proceedings. When she was introduced, she stepped forward, and then turned to address Fox when she dismissed her newly-established bridge crew. Fox beat her to it. "Of course, Captain," she replied. "And you mine. Permission to wander?"

Once given, the corporal took her own leave. At first, she neared the large glass view screen to observe what part of the larger fleet she could. Both ships permanently stationed at Ryloth as part of the 72nd and others, like this one, that had jumped in to assist in batting back full-on invasion could be seen from here, flanking neighbors and dotting further off on the space horizon. Nothing looked to belong to the Hellfire fleet, at least not from here, but a small ship could easily be holding out between large Confederate ships, cloaked and staying out of physical sight. Damsy looked to where a crescent of Ryloth's largest moon peaked out from behind a frigate floating ahead of them a few knots. A reasonably large chunk of remaining Hell crafts could be hiding behind the astral object as well, waiting for a favorable time to strike. In either case, or another she had not yet thought up, the recent collision could have been part of a planned attack on the CDF fleet now that all ground forces had been taken aboard. A last ditch strike maybe, but with the potential to do grave damage to ships and personnel numbers.

Should the rest of the Fleet be informed of the potential? Damsy turned on her heel, ready to rejoin Fox and accept her offer of advising but doing so, but before she could, static began emitting from her internal headset comm, loud enough for her to notice but too quiet for anyone else to:

:: …rel … …… deck…our-bra… … ::

Throwing her head back and smoothing down her hair with one hand, she put on her bonnet in order to hear better, and took the short staircase into the communications dugout. "Sir," she addressed a group of officers working at computers. Whichever one’s work could wait a minute she hoped would answer her. In a moment, one turned about in her chair. "Are you hearing this?"

"Hearing what, ma'am?" She looked genuinely confused, so Damsy stepped closer to look at the officer’s display. She turned back towards it herself. "One of your channels isn't stable." With a few keystrokes, she brought up a color-coded list of live statuses of comms frequencies around the ship. At the very bottom, Damsy's was listed as she was aboard, but connection with the encrypted Dauntless channel was unauthorized. All were displayed in a bright green representing up and functional. "They're all accounted for, Corporal."

"Right, then. Thanks, ma'am." With a professional clap to her shoulder, Damsy came back onto the control deck's rise. Other troopers might have been inclined to leave a mystery at that, the feet of the first dead end and wander away, but not a 117th commando. Reason lit the way for Damsy. She now knew that this ghost radio caller was using a channel that was not linked to any of the ship’s but could tap into hers sporadically. It certainly seemed like whoever it was didn’t mean to though, as she hadn’t recognized any Dauntless call signs or other jargon.

And, more than likely, that meant trouble. But how much, how soon, and where?

Damsy slowed before approaching Fox, namely to remember. …our-bra… "Cap? Does the Pride have a deck four-bravo?" she asked, abbreviating the vessel name. "If so, what's down there?"

Last edited:
[SIZE=9pt]Sasha watched diligently as her bridge crew dispersed, for the first time since receiving the appointment of Airboss she felt certain that the she had made the correct decision. Soon the corporal approached Sasha, the woman looked like she was about to drop from exhaustion. However concerned for the corporal the young captain was for the corporal when she requested leave to wander Sasha immediately responded “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Granted.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As the corporal took her leave from the bridge Sasha took a deep breath, taking a seat in the captains chair which sat just to the aft of the navigation’s console between the exit door and the door to the captain’s operations office. The chair was purposefully made as comfortable as possible for most captains headed all operations from this chair except in the cases of utmost danger when they would likely take position at the navigations console. For Sasha this was not the standard, she would likely not use this chair very often, for she was one to lead to from the front, so she would likely spend most of her time at the navigation console.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Very soon the first of her new bridge crew would bring forth their reports “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Captain I have my report ready when you are[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” Fields would say her voice calm and steady, as the airboss herself was. “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Go ahead Lieutenant[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” Sasha spoke calmly maintaining eye contact with the young lieutenant “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]All fighterwings have reported in however almost two of our bomber squads are out of commission. I am about to head down to the hangar to expedite the repair process if that is ok with you sir[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt].” The look in the lieutenants eyes was that of pure determination, a look that Sasha recognized as one she had seen many times in her own eyes. “Go on Lieutenant see to the repairs and report in when you have assessed the situation. Dismissed” With that Fields snapped into a salute which was met by Sasha before leaving the bridge.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Sinking back into her chair Sasha looked over the bridge, she noted just how effortlessly the new officers seemed to fit themselves into the new positions they had been assigned to. It was only another moment before Sasha felt the ship lurch gently and begin to move once more “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Captain we have restored the engines, what is our heading?[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” Reed called out from his position at the navigation console. “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Set a course for Omwat we are to dock at the orbital station for repairs and retasking[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” Sasha said with authority “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Aye captain making for the jump point now[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” Fields said as the ship turned gently and continued its movement. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As they started their course to the jump point the corporal reappeared through the bridge door. Meeting her eyes the captain would listen to what the woman had to ask “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Aye we do Corporal, that deck is our hangar bay, where we store the star fighters when they are not in the hangars preparing for flight, this is where we store the munitions as well. Why do you ask?[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]”[/SIZE]

~ Tag: [member="Sasha Fox"] ~

"I'm picking up a comm channel that I have reason to believe is originating from there," Damsy replied. "And, since it's of unknown origins, and we were just hit, I assume whosoever's on it isn't friendly." The collision, as it was reasonably large though evidently not too damaging, might have been able to mask the tell-tale physical and electronic signs of an enemy boarding. "I would like to check it out. Do you have a few troops available I can borrow?" Normally, Damsy would be fine with sweeping a hangar on her own, but since she was working blind here - in both terms of not being familiar with the deck's layout and not knowing what to expect down there - she wanted to exercise extreme caution. "Access to a direct line to the bridge and maps of deck 4b as well as the ones directly above and below would be greatly appreciated as well." With that, the Sithspawn reached up to the remote on one side of her helmet and brought up the integrated count of her blaster ammo, for her rifle and blaster. Red numbers flashed on the HUD of her visor. Low. "And the nearest armory."

Damsy silently hoped that she was either wrong about all this or it would be easy to clean up before the Geonosis Pride arrived at the Omwat fueling station. Every single mission the Dauntless undertook though, almost without fail, weren't nearly that simple, but here was to hoping this would be the exception...

[SIZE=9pt]The look on Sasha’s face was one of enlightenment, she was always one to keep a cool head when something doesn’t go her way. She listened to what Damsy had to say completely before speaking “of Course Corporal, Quincy call for a squad of marines to the bridge. Reed Set corporal Callat up with a secure line to the bridge and patch it to my ear piece.” As Quincy had sent for the Marines Sasha made her way over to his station “I also need you to send the maps to the corporal and I would ask that you accompany her as she sweeps the hangar” Quincy simply nodded and set about doing it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As he did the marines moved onto the bridge and Sasha spoke directly to them “Your mission is to accompany Corporal Callat to deck 4b and proceed to sweep the deck you are under her command as well as Major Quincy. Corporal you have all you require?”[/SIZE]

- Tag: [member="Sasha Fox"] -
Damsy replied, "Think that's all," and then added with a crisp salute, "Thank you, ma'am. Will keep you apprised." With that, she turned to her her squad and told them to sound off: Noyes. Metcalf. Haran. Vilgas. Ibarra. Prather. Shrin. Passmore. And of course, Quincy and Callat, herself. Altogether they made ten. It was a large sweeping party, but less was almost never more in militaristic terms.

One basic resupply down the hall later, Damsy huddled her marines around the dual bridge turbolifts. "Right, so - call sign 'Tadpole.' Numbers in surname alphabetical order, with the exception of the major." She nodded to Quincy. "You're one - two through five with you. I'm actual - rest on me." The deck's blueprint flickered onto her HUD in entirety, and she upped the opacity temporarily to read it more easily. "We'll get off in the middle of the hall with the main bay entrance forward, behind a blast door. Team actual will follow me inside, while team on will attempt to flank and find another point of entry."

She flipped off the map widget and saw the world as it was again. "Major and Cap's voices are the only others I wanna hear until I say otherwise, so to keep tabs on possible stowaway chit-chat." Damsy rose her brow behind her helmet. "Light feet too; we're doing stealth here. Anyone got a problem with that?" She actually waited for an answer. She wouldn't hold it against any of the men or women here - everyone had their specialty - but she surely did not want unconfident troops at her or Quincy's back. That could spell even more disaster than how much they were already potentially facing, so Damsy wanted to limit the chaos as so much as possible.

After a chance for the troops to reply, Damsy directed the subdivided teams into each lift - hers to one, Quincy's to the other - but not before directing him, "Only make reports to me or the bridge if absolutely necessary. Radio silence otherwise is of utmost. Imma do the same."

As the Corporal gave orders to the Marines Sasha took a step back and sat down in her chair. She knew that Damsy was a rather capable leader and she would trust the Corporal with her life if it came down to it. As Damsy began her spiel Quincy maintained his rigid yet relaxed posture that matched his attitude towards his work. He was always one to take his duty serious however if it came down to his men or the mission he was not opposed to bending a few rules if that is what it took for him to save his men. This was one of the many reasons that Sasha trusted him with her life.

As Damsy had her men do a roll call Sasha looked on beaming with pride. Once they left the bridge Sasha ordered for her crew to seal the bridge as she made her way once more into the operations office and back to the former captains personal armory, she knew she shouldn't want to help but she did... As she grabbed a slug thrower and her twin blaster pistols she grinned, she was ready.

- Tag: Sasha Fox Sasha Fox -
Damsy didn't have much first-hand experience in stealth assaults, much less leading them, but she knew she was well-versed in possibly the most vital part of them: tactical hand signals. She had used those many times before on an active battlefield when leading men through heavy fire. In situations like those, it was almost impossible to hear anything but explosions even when wearing a sound-filtering sunbonnet, but seeing a comrade's gestures was a easier. Sometimes, though, not much, depending on how much smoke or dust was being kicked up.

The mechanized slide of the turbolifts opening echoed into deck four-bravo, quickly dissipating into the wide open hangar and hunkering down behind ships and flight deck assistance vehicles like troopers making themselves scarce before an intense assault. Or defense. In either case, that suggested nothing good; the belly of the Geonosis Pride stunk of ill luck and high losses already.

Damsy padded out of the elevator and hid behind a small wall to the right of the hangar's large, arched entryway. Passmore, Prather, Shrin and Vilgas fell into file behind her, best as they could with limited space. Major Quincy and his team one fell into their formation opposite her. Me then you, Damsy motioned to him. You got right. She moved her hand to her wrist communicator. It was silenced for now, but she pushed the 'talk' button three successive times to inform Fox they had made it to the first checkpoint. Then she felt up the side of her helmet to turn on her camera, which would start a feed streaming directly to the bidge, and finally put the same hand behind her back to communicate with her team: Wedge formation. Stay low. She didn't know quite what to expect. With a sigh quieted by her sound system, she led the way out, moving up a substantial distance to give the marines room to find staggered cover behind her.

Nothing to be seen when Damsy either peeked over the forklift she crouched behind or scanned with her HUD's wall radar. When she used the latter, the bridge's screen flicked to what she saw. If they saw something she hadn't - her once-over had been rather quick - they could play it back and contact her. In the meantime, fire team actual ever so slowly began moving down the left wing in a tense game of musical starfighters against an unknown opponent.

Last edited:
Sasha knew that she could not just sit around and let others do all the fighting so once she had her blasters she made her way back to the bridge. As she strode to the center console she spoke "alright Reed you have the console. As of now, you have complete command of the ship until I return. Lieutenant Fields is to report in when she does she will report to you. When she does take notes for me please." As she finished speaking Reed snapped to attention "Aye ma'am understood." With that taken care of Sasha left the bridge heading for the turbo lift heading down to the level just above where the others were searching, she didn't want to end up getting shot from startling them.

As she exited the turbo lift she quickly and quietly swept the floor as it was more of a mezzanine that just barely hung out above the Hanger deck below. Once she did the small woman headed for the stairs connecting the two levels. However, it was then that her earpiece began to buzz before she heard Reed's voice crackling in her ear "Cap we have an issue, Fields found a hole bored from the main hanger deck to the maintenance deck below. I believe its 4b you may want to let the Corporal and Major Quincy know." Sasha's face contorted as she released the button on her comlink and pushed it again to let Damsy know she needed to say something "We have confirmed hostiles on your level, I'm on route now, rendezvous in 90 seconds coming from the north stairwell." She whispered as quietly as she could before quickly making her way down the stairs entering the Hangar deck.

Quincy's squad of Marines had spread out as they searched, feet quiet as they did so Quincy's eyes sharp and ears open he heard the sound of Sasha's voice crackling in his ears as well as all of his Marines would. They looked around a bit more carefully as they all prepared to fire if they needed to.

Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom