Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After the Same Thing

Sullust
New Jedi Order Temple
Landing Platform 21-A7

To say she felt weird coming to this place as putting it mildly.

She hadn’t set foot on Galactic Alliance territory in some time, and it felt almost alien. She had been instructed to wait on the landing pad, and so she’d wait. She could respect and understand their security measures given the circumstances, however, it didn’t mean she didn’t have to like it. Mira wasn’t a total stranger to the Alliance, she had done her fair share during the height of the expansion or atleast she thought she did. Then again, she did up and leave with little notice as to why – although she was certain once word spread, they would understand.

Atleast she had hoped.

She heaved a sigh, looking about the platform, arms crossing her chest. It brought back memories to be here. She remembered deploying from Sullust to Coruscant on a simple mission that ended up being all but that. The complications that arose while sabotaging the Valley of the Dark Lords, her injured companion and then the arrival of that dark being – whoever he was. Mira shivered as she recalled how she felt when she confronted him, and how exhausted she was when it was said and done – and then the darkness that ended up consuming her core.

“Meh.” She grumbled softly and unfolded her arms, trying to dismiss the cold that had sunk into her spine. The inquisitive beep of Pixel caught her attention, making her focus shift elsewhere for the moment, a shrug rolling off her shoulders. “I don’t know pal, I’m pretty sure they’re aren’t going to let us roam around and ask questions.” She gestured to the droid. “Or let us back in just like that – gotta play it cool, alright? We need answers and they can help.”

The droid let off a wail that resembled a groan before rolling back over to the modified Starfighter, examining its hull idly. Mira shook her head and turned her attention back to the Temple itself. She wondered who they would send…

[member="Michael Sardun"]

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[ [member="Mira Rekali"] ]
---

There was much Sardun could say about his recent experience with the New Jedi Order, but only one thing truly mattered: it was so much better than the Galactic Republic. Here, Michael truly felt like the people cared about what they were doing and guarded themselves against the Sith threat that was an eternal presence in the galactic scene. Part of him surprised, but the greater part was simply satisfied to finally be able to serve an entity that wasn't just joking around and making empty promises.

They were walking the walk and that was all that Sardun wanted.

It was a long process though; their trust in him was increasing, but it was specifically that which he respected about them, that kept them from embracing him immediately.

He respected that as well.

This day, they decided to send him to speak to one of their own members. Drifted off some time ago and once again returned for some unspecified reason. Why did they decide to send Sardun? He assumed it was, because this wasn't a critical mission in any sense of the word and if he karked it up, there wouldn't be wide repercussions.

Acceptable.

The Jedi Master walked calmly out of the temple complex, blue eyes already sizing up the presence of Mira Rekali from a distance. She seemed agitated, annoyed, frustrated?

A slight downturn in the corner of his mouth, but he understood that emotion keenly.

"Mira Rekali, I presume." Sardun addressed once he came speaking-range. "How may the Order aid you?"

Mira was indeed a bit frustrated, perhaps conflicted. Her imbalance could be sensed with relative ease – atleast by the most trained of Masters. She sensed the presence of Sardun as he approached, her hand dropping down from the Starfighter as she waved gently to Pixel. “Stay here, I shouldn’t be too long.” Mira turned and met [member="Michael Sardun"] halfway, inclining her head respectfully as he spoke.

“Indeed, I am Mira Rekali. I come looking for information that the Order might possess.” She reached inside one of the pouches in her vest, producing a small holoprojector. The holo would shimmer to life, showing an image of [member="Velok the Younger"]. He not only plagued her visions but there was a brief encounter between the two of them. “I’ve encountered him atleast once and heard stories from my mother when she was alive – I want to know who is, for starters.” It was a start to say the least. She was sure if she kept prodding in the right places, she’d be able to find some information about where he operated out of it.

“He was also accompanied by a boy, well, younger man.” The holo image would shift, depicting the image of [member="Onley Xiangu"]. “I know he is related to [member="Matsu Xiangu"]. I want to know where he came from.” She gestured with her free hand before tucking away the holoprojector. “Now, I know the Alliance and the Order may not have much information – but there is no other way to get a place to start, besides here.”

She gestured with an open hand towards Sardun.

“So, can you help me?”

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[member="Mira Rekali"]

She was a talker.

Should have smelled it on her the moment he came by, but he hadn't. Not that Sardun was really judging the girl, he had been a talker in his youth too- took a few Yuuzhan Vong, a Sith and a screwdriver to get that out of him. But the Jedi Master took it all in strides, kept himself patient and listening to what she had to say.

Blue eyes studied the images of [member="Velok the Younger"] and [member="Onley Xiangu"] for a moment, before they pushed themselves up to meet Mira's eyes again.

"I see." Sardun started, before shrugging- it was a natural shrug, an instinctive one. A shrug born out of an inherent tiredness and the lack of need to posture.

"Never seen the former, the latter..." He scratched his chin, while thinking. "Might have heard the name Xiangu once or twice."

More. But that was in the past for him and it would stay there.

"The Archives might have more- question is, why do you want this?"

Mira sighed softly, expecting as much from the New Jedi Order.

She didn’t believe they would allow her to walk right in, key in hand and browse around.

Her gaze diverted back to Pixel before shifting once more to Michael before her. “I’m investigating the Whipid.” It was the truth, partially. She opted for the moment to withhold the whole truth. It was her business. She didn’t really believe the NJO to care about Velok or any of his associates, she cared because she wanted to know how someone who had clearly died come back without any real means to do so. Was he a clone? A child? Was he someone just flaunting around the name?

She needed more information, she needed something tangible.

She needed to know the history of what she was up against if it was him or even an offspring.

That was just who she was.

“The Xiangu boy appears to be one of his associates, so in turn, I’m also looking into him.” She waved a hand slightly. “I understand it’s asking a lot and I’m just asking for a few hours and some information. Nothing more.” She paused briefly before continuing. "With the Republic gone and the Jedi scattered as they are, there are other sources I can turn to at the moment."

[member="Michael Sardun"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom