Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After the festivities

Echidna the homeworld of the Vong,

The day was ending the last of the fighters were going home, however one of the judges seemed a little disappointed. He had been tricked into judging even though he wanted to fight. he walked out from his booth looking a slight bit down the HRD very rarely looked that way.
he walked slowly through the capital streets as he made his way home. Night was setting in and the streets were still full of people. The planet was still abuzz with life and festivities but that held little interest for the droid.

"The entire day has been wasted..."

Unhappy with the outcome of the day the he would do anything to appease his lust for battle.

@[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Break"]

At one point Break would pass a hunched cloaked being, leaning over on a cane, tapping it slightly as he moved down the cobblestone road, clad in robes and cloak, his whole body covered in hardened bandages, his eyes hidden behind goggles.
"Hrm."
Being grunted slightly as he passed Break, speaking up few steps behind the other droid
"Is this not a very unusual place for you young being?"
He drawled from beneath the bandages, slightly turning
"After all, Vong hate droids so much."
The creature rasped.

Should Break tried to scan the being, he would be unable to, his scanners could not pierce through his disguise for some reason which will be revealed later on of course.

"Droid?" Break didnt like his cover to be exposed. "Im sorry sir you must be mistaken..." He certainly did not know whomever the person was but he would be damned if this would bar him from his living quarters.
"If you need help i can take you to a nursing home, perhaps they can help with that voice of yours..." this was more than a strange event to happen especially today. Break was a well respected warrior and servant to the Vong and most people couldnt tell if he was a droid even if he pointed his canons in their face.

@[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

@[member="Break"]
"I wonder if you are lying or if you do not know. I would hope you are lying to spare you the pain of finding out."
The being slowly turned back to Break, leaning on its cane
"These eyes pierce deeper and remember things many do not. I have seen many things come to be and witnessed their designs and their creation, there are some things I know to look for that others do not."
Well yeah, HK witnessed times when the first HRD's ever began to be designed and manufactured, he witnessed them all over again as they were built in this Galaxy anew after the Gulag Plague, and on many occasions he used an HRD body as his own vessel. When it came to them, he knew how to distinguish HRD's from organics due to his experience so up close to them.

The being stared at Break before speaking once more
"I do not think nursing homes or hospitals could help me anymore, I doubt they could ever help me, so many years withered me and my bones ache so much now, oooh."
He drawled one
"But there is something you could help me with."
The old being pointed to Break
"I hereby challenge you to honorable duel for my time may be coming near, and should I perish, I want it to be either in combat or after victory."

Break stood astonished by the figures proposal, of course he wouldnt turn him down he had been waitng for a fight all day... whats more that strange speech just seemed to infuriate him further. "if thats what you want old man...i know the perfect spot..."
break knew exactly what he would do he would take the old man to the fields of death arena. open littered with sparse patches of trees and just enough rock cover to do them both good. "just follow me..." Break made his way to his ship and would fly them there. "so how how could you tell i was a droid...is it because you are a droid yourself?" in truth Break was only using an assumption but the weight that added up on his moniter was out of the question for an organic and a droid.

"You wanna tell me something?"
@[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

@[member="Break"]
HK did not worried about being on Break's ship, he had his own back-up for that, plus he always could have just overload his self-destruct mechanism and take them both out in case he was captured. Although, it took a rather long period of time for him to make his way all the way over there in tiny old person steps.
"Yes, I have a magnet in the tip of my cane, when I passed by you, it wanted to follow you."
The droid bluffed, if Break did not asked about any sensor jamming he probably couldn't tell the difference of metal make-ups in the cane.
"And your blood does not run, that is the problem with most HRD's, when you cut them, they do not bleed out. Neither do their veins move or pulse, they do not need to."
That part was true, not many organics noticed something like that unless they were looking for it but it was much easier for droid eyes to pick up on such topics.
"How long do you think it will be before the Vong will notice as well? You do not have to risk it, there are places where droids are accepted as equal to organics, where droid and organic workers work side by side to build a prosperous, peaceful place under guidance of organic and droid leaders."

"The planet is becoming more tolerant of droids under Horde rule...My fear is minimal. I train most of the warriors and Im 2nd in command of the Horde. My only problem about being found out is the distance i will have to walk to work in the morning."
Break didnt have the scanners integrated into his system those would have made less room for his learning systems and the intent of his build was more to do with mimicking his opponents and those around him.

"I am treated no differently here than I am anywhere else. Which it still is disgusting how organics treat each other, but none the less fair to me by their own terms."
he paused letting the navigation systems take him to the fields of death.
"again...would you like to explain how another droid made it into a restricted area? or perhaps you would like to drop some weight before you lie to me?"
Break was on to the stranger.

@[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

@[member="Break"]
"There are those things many soldiers use nowadays called density projectors, you know. Have you heard of them? They make you heavier so that you do not fall over so easily when facing shock waves caused by explosives or Force users. It is rather easy to integrate them into armor."
He didn't exactly answered Break's questions, but he didn't lied either, those things totally did existed!
Either way, once the ship would touch down, the figure would make his way towards the exit ramp
"Are you coming or not? We have stalled enough time as it is, I am not young, you know."
The older being hurried Break along.

Break placed his helmet on his head and walked out the door "I thought that older people were supposed to be patient..."Break hurried along grabbing his vibrokatana as he was hurried out of his own door
"Rock! Lock up the ship!" the HRD called out to his protocol droid from over his shoulder. Taking his place on the battlefield his cerulean and teal armor shone in the bright moonlight. The fields long grass flowing in the wind almost like a green ocean tide.
"Are you sure this is what you want? You can still back out now.." Break knew he wouldnt back out but it was customary to let them have a moment to think about it.
Break rested his hand on the pommel of his blade and waited for the obvious droid to move the schpeel about the density projector was an obvious lie. Who kept the projector on while on a ship or simply walking through the streets. Break was certain now about whom he was fighting. He had no problem with that.
"Perhaps maybe you would reveal yourself now that we are alone?" his stance did not face the other droid his face pointed at his opponents feet and body held sideways to the old droid as to make a smaller target his left arm facing towards @[member="HK-36"] blade in hand, Break was ready.

HK-36

@[member="Break"]
"Very well, the terms of duels do request both fighters to face each other on equal terms."
The being pushed off his heavier robes, letting them drop and reveal the grey unmarked battle-armor beneath. He reached to his face and began to unwrap the bandages, slowly but surely revealing a face of an elder human beneath it, a stubble of grey beard adorned his face, and grey unkempt mess of hair was raging on his head. The bandages fell to the ground with a heavy thud, they were seemingly padded with lead.
The man stood up, stretching himself back and forth, few bones popping.
Break wasn't the only HRD around, after all.

HK-HRD checked his side, two replacement pistols were holstered still, he checked the back armor section, hiding more weapons beneath his grey cloak. On his back were two swords sheathed in the armor.

Once he was done he slightly bowed to Break, reaching back as he took one of his own swords.
"I am called Hache-Khe of Rae, Master Bladedancer, I teach lightsaber and sword fencing arts at the Military Academy of Abregado-Rae."
He reached to his back once more, turning off some component and detaching it, throwing it aside.
"I am sorry for addittional weight, I hope it did not impaired your ship too much?"
He quipped with a smirk.

HK then turned with his sword side towards break, getting into a Makashi fencing stance, one of his hands moved to fold behind his back.
"May the Force be with you, and may you duel well."
He saluted.

"My name is Break. Plain and simple. I trained under the knight Rexus Drath. I train the forces of the Yuuzan Vong Recruits. I build the Vong Droids by my own hand and mind. May the light of righteousness guide your blade."
Breaks helmet closes around his face leaving the cold stare of the helmet and its ocular cameras teal in the moonlight
"You seem honorable old man, this will not be a deathmatch."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se2Pmd09u04

"Be ready however because i wont go easy on an old man!" Break rushes in with lightning quick moving his blade low with a backhanded grip cutting the grass with the air coming off the vibroKatana Break would go for the old mans knees and would follow through ending up behind him with the end of the attack

@[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

@[member="Break"]
HRD-HK was quick as well, he had to be, he taught Bladedancing after all.
Smirking, he did not retaliate at the Vong droid comment, it just seemed like such an oxymoron to him but he rarely spoke during combat.

He watched Break come at him, vibrosword at trajectory aimed for his knees, as opposed to Break HK had his sensors, along with advanced targeting modules and precision matrix.
HK met Break's running slash with a simple yet sturdy and often effective parry, it should be enough to glance Break's sword safely aside as the man's eyes followed the rushing HRD, his speed reminding HK of his own speed, the droid smirked sometime during the attack.

In the split seconds as Break was due to pass by he would find HK counterattacking by finding his body twist as he launched his free elbow aimed at the side of Break's head, one of his legs lifting off of the ground in the attempted quick motion.

What Break lacked with his droid brain his helmet more than made up for. The helmets real time camera and information gave his learning abilities more than enough to work with. first however he would have to take the first blow that was meant for his head Break saw the move coming Rex used this counter a lot only with instead of his elbow a swift downward kick. Break twisted his body just enough to not take full impact. Tnstead of the full blow that the HRD could obviously knock Break out with it met contact with Breaks shoulder throwing him off balance and sending him spinning to the left of @[member="HK-36"] instead of behind. the armor took most of the damage but break felt it nonetheless. A solid blow from the old timer. He wasnt kidding that "blade dancer" style or whatever might actually be good, but Break had Acklay form...something he developed back on Geonosia and perfected with Rex. taking a low stance and switching to a double handed grip Break readied for an attack from the old HRD .

HK-36

@[member="Break"]
As HK's hit connected with Break's shoulder armor it caused the older being to spin in the opposite direction, transferring the power of momentum from Break's defense back. HK's foot rose a little bit higher as he balanced himself, still remaining on the same spot as through the movement he rotated on the sole of his foot to keep facing Break with his site, putting his foot down in ready fencing Makashi stance
"You have good foundations, young droid."
He slightly rubbed his armored elbow with his free hand
"And solid armor, I was like that as well when I was young and eager for battle."

The droid did a fencing advanced, just few feet closer, with quick, snappy footwork of trained fencer.
"But the basic of being a bladedancer is not going into combat but avoiding it, dancing around the blade and parrying it. Some use this to strike at perfect time when they are beyond enemy's defenses, I use it to disarm my opponents, fare them a good day, and send them on their way."
He was being rather talkative so far, that HK, although then again, they weren't really in the heat of combat just yet, they had one clash of blades so far

Break did not like to be countered like that, the talkativeness of the old droid wansnt helping either. The old droid was taking some time to attack so Break gave a quick smile and reached inside his bag. He immediately found the item he was looking for...or organism (the cloak of Nuun). A small green ball of what looked like some sort of moving gelatinous egg lurched in his hand. The HRD broke the casing over his head and let the symbiotic ooze run down his armor. Getting this little trinket on was not an easy task...for an organic. The droid was coated in armor and the Pain wouldnt have affected the HRD anyway, the process was still disgusting. The armor coated in Green goo now started to turn....invisible....the droid silently moved back into position slowly making his way around @[member="HK-36"] he was also linking into the arena controls....he couldnt summon tornadoes or any of the weather controls but some of the hidden weaponry could be found on by either combatant.

2 sniper blaster rifles one hidden in the largest trees one directly north the other directly south of their position (i dont think you will need it but help yourself)

4 vibroblades hidden randomly in the arena (feel free to say you find one at any time0

a firewall was now active around the arena to prevent escape. The air now hot with the fires of honor Breaks heat sig would be hard to place if the droid had thermal vision

Breaks voice spoke out over the loud speaker "SO DO YOU LIKE MY ARENA? THIS ONE IS OF MY OWN DESIGN FOR THE GAMES. APPRECIATE IT, I WILL HAVE TO CLEAN IT NOW BEFORE THE FINAL FIGHT OF THE WEEK."

@[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

@[member="Break"]
As Break started to disappear Sammo smirked and grabbed his cloak, doing a quick spin he wrapped himself in the material and disappeared. Yep, Break had an invisibility egg, HK had an invisibility cloak given to him first by Sarge Potteiger long time ago when Sarge was still with Omegas.
Sammo activated the sound dampeners of his armor to remain completely silent, he sneaked away from his position to be harder to find by invisible Break and scanned the immediate area.

It was true, the air was hot and that made harder for him to pick out Break immediately.
But it was still air, it moved, mostly raised above the soil, hot air is lighter than cold air after all, and it made waves based on something moving through it, like waves of water. Based on the frequency of the waves around it would be possible for HK to determine from which side Break would be moving, ballpark at least, and it was much better than moving blind.

The droid moved then, invisible under cloaking mechanism of his.. cloak, watching the currents and movement of air to judge Break's movement.

Silently, in his programming, he received a ping from Protectorate ship
Is everything alright, sir?
He responded
Yes, everything is well, stay hidden until I give the signal for transport.

Break was not expecting that... his face giving an expression of surprise. his voice rang out over the arena
"...IMPRESSIVE...."
The old HRD had outdone Break again...still the tall grass would be his ally it was nearly impossible to move without disturbing it. Break would head west to the Bloodgrass fields and hide among the tall grass he would probably have to resort to a blaster before the end of the fight but he would rather not he liked to fight hand to hand blade to blade, not many people or droids still followed the old ways
the red grass was slick with its oily blades that would normally cut organic matter and irritate the skin but for an armored droid that wouldnt matter to these two. Echidnas natural plants were proving less effective to droids... as Break planned it to be.

@[member="HK-36"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom