Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private After Every Battle

<I’m awake,> Miri said, while sounding not at all awake. She blinked groggily, one arm sprawled out across Kyell’s broad chest, then swiftly grew more alert as she heard him apologizing.

She put a finger to his lips to stop him—an absurd gesture, given that he couldn’t speak, but at least it got the point across. <I’m the one who proposed we dreamwalk, so it’s my fault. I thought it wouldn’t just be… horror central in there.> She tapped his forehead lightly. <I’m sorry I suggested it.>

Snuggling up closer to him, she sighed. <Why is it that both our dreams are so… awful? Why can’t either of us seem to have a good dream for once?...>

Maybe they shouldn’t have been looking in their dreams for happiness or respite.

Kyell Laysel

K

Tag: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

Kyell blinked when she pressed a finger against his lips and seemed even more surprised when she insisted on taking responsibility for what happened. But he appreciated the gesture and wrapped his one decent arm around her to keep her close while she snuggled up against him. At this point, he was quite certain the nurses would lose their minds if they saw this, but he didn't care. The pain was there either way, but she made it bearable.

<Why is it that both our dreams are so… awful? Why can't either of us seem to have a good dream for once?...>

He looked down at her and leaned in to press a gentle kiss against her forehead <The dreams have been awful, but at least all the good memories are being made in the real world.> he began, his arm gently rubbing the side of her arm. <I have very few memories from before meeting you that I look back at fondly. No happy stories, no memorable achievements. I'm just glad meeting you at least hasn't been just another dream.>

A smile settled on his lips while he continued to hug her.

<I'm sure better dreams will come soon when some of this is behind us.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom