Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Action Review: Smuggler style

Seeing her pilot collapse into such an open display of emotion was all it took to ravage what was left of her floodgates. With a sniff, Kohai dropped hard to her knees, getting down to eye level with her friend.

Never…

Ignoring the tears blurring from her vision, Kohai took hold of Corvetta’s shoulders like a lifeline, her trembling digits going still as she secured her grip. She didn’t care if people stared at the two young women sitting on the floor like a couple of simpletons. For the first time in months, the engineer couldn’t restrain the silly grin stretching across her features. Everything was finally clicking back into its proper place.

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik felt a knot of uncertainty grow in his stomach as he approached what he supposed would be the mess. No one had told him exactly where the reunion was to take place, but he had picked it up from more than a few crew members who seemed to be avoiding this certain area of the ship. It was quite comical really, and it almost drew his attention away from the fact that he would once more be seeing faces old and new. He hadn't seen the crew in a while, that was for sure, and he only hoped that he had made enough of an impression to have his name recalled.

Here it was... Or where it should be. He crossed the threshold of the metal doorway when it finally hissed open to reveal the crowd that had gathered in friendship. His flight bag was held tightly underarm, and the knot now grew into an awkward sense of confusion as he meandered his way around the crowd.

No... No... Are they here?..

His thoughts danced to the prospect that he might have the wrong time... Perhaps he should come back later, and maybe then he might sight their faces. Yeah... maybe later. He felt himself turning towards the exit once more as a new feeling of longing that hadn't emerged in many months. His face now met two girls held in some sort of embrace on the floor... Probably drunk... Of course, he was in too much of a hurry in his search. His eyes flickered once more around the mess once more, and that was when he finally caught the glimpse of a familiar face. Was that the same face masked by the scruff of a long forgotten crewmate? He felt himself walking in his direction, and away from the crowd.

How?.. It is him!

He wouldn't waste any time now as he walked towards the rather imposing man that he had once seen everyday on that old rig. Robb, resembled almost perfectly what his memory had preserved!.. Save for the fact that a bit more hair had found itself collected onto his face.

"Still don't like parties? I think I got the wrong one..."

[member="Robb Killian"] / [member="Corvetta Salvo"] / [member="Kohai Drenn"]

She was never a hugging sort, but maybe that needed to be remedied. Friends were too rare to not afford a hug. She should probably do this more often. And so Corvetta's arms dashed round the neck of her best friend like an anaconda at a track meet, clinging to the mechanic as if she might fall into space if she let go. "I missed you so much, Koko."

There was only one person missing now. Little did she know, however, that he was not missing at all and had actually just walked into the room.

[member="Robb Killian"], [member="Kohai Drenn"], [member="Davik Tren"]

It was strange, this peace. It wasn't often that Robb felt comfortable in crowds, yet there he stood, utterly calm on the periphery. The spacer hadn't seen Davik approach, and yet he was not at all surprised by the arrival of his friend. Robb felt aware, alive, happy. . . he felt intoxicated, and yet totally sober. Then, just as quickly as it had arrived, the feeling dissipated and withdrew away into the unconscious recesses of Robb's mind, fortunately the happiness remained.

"Still don't like parties? I think I got the wrong one..."

Still smiling, Robb turned away from the touching display across the room and faced his friend, Davik hadn't changed a bit. "Not normally my thing, no. But. . ." Robb's eyes darted briefly back in the direction of Kohai and Corvetta, ". . . this one's alright." The spacer pushed himself off the wall and stepped toward Davik. He clasped his friend's forearm, offering him a warm smile before pulling him into an amicable embrace. "Missed you, man." Robb released his friend and leaned back against the wall, burying his a hands back in his pockets. "How've you been?"

[member="Davik Tren"] [member="Corvetta Salvo"] [member="Kohai Drenn"]

Koko... Nobody had called her that in so long... For just a second, Kohai was back at the terminal of Brentaal IV, wide-eyed and eager to see the galaxy.

Matching her friend's tight embrace with one of her own, Kohai selfishly wiped her eyes on that signature coat of hers. Digging her face into Corvetta's shoulder, the engineer's voice muffled against the taut material. "You look good... Lucky thing ya didn't blow yourself up without me around, huh? You never did have the magic touch... ya know?" It was barely more than a whisper, but the engineer knew she could hear her.

[member="Corvetta Salvo"] [member="Robb Killian"] [member="Davik Tren"]

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
"How've you been?"

Davik shrugged as he leaned against the wall next to his old crewmate. He was glad that he finally had somewhere to be as opposed to wandering the room like a lost dog.

"Bored... Though the wars have kept me busy enough. Are the other two lurking about here somewhere?"

He gave a slight glance about the mess once more, in search of the other two members of his former crew, but only came up empty once more. He had hoped that they would have sticked with Rob, but they must be around here somewhere. He adjusted his jacket ever so slightly and looked at the multiple faces that he did not know. He hadn't associated himself much with the members of the alliance outside of a few jobs, and he hoped that he might meet some new people here as well as his old friends. Only time would tell, though.

[member="Robb Killian"]

Corvy had never hugged anyone so hard in her life. She lodged the crook of her neck on the blonde's shoulder and just allowed whatever was in her eyes to come out all at once. She had always been awkward. Let it be awkward. "Oh, you know, I just do what I think will work..." she replied. "But I'm sure I'd blow myself up one of these days."

She opened her eyes for but a moment, yet that was all she needed. Maybe in a normal, everyday situation, Corvetta would not have noticed that face in such a fractional second, but she was just hoping--and there it was. "Tricky. You guys brought Tricky too." Her family was all here.

[member="Robb Killian"], [member="Kohai Drenn"], [member="Davik Tren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom