Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction After Action - GA Invasion of Shihon and Oyokal

AFTER ACTION REPORTS

THE ERA OF RECLAMATION

THE SECOND GREAT HYPERSPACE WAR
FOLLOWING THE EVENTS OF THE GATES OF DAWN

49996411b9d7eb2ee5423f2eb8c0a2c7.jpg

div-green.png

The plan was a success

With Alliance forces and Jedi of the New Jedi Order striking against Selvaris, the Maw's forces were drawn to it like moths to a flame. It had allowed the Alliance fleets to sweep in from Copero, and the start of a path to Exegol was created. Now in the aftermath of the battle, Valery Noble Valery Noble has reached out on behalf of the Council for individual reports about the battle.

Any and all information about the Maw's strength and its Dark Side users would be vital for the battles to come.

Similarly, GADF command has requested army and navy personnel to make their reports as well. They will be considered for awards and promotions, and offer intel that could help save many more lives during the road to Exegol.

Originally inspired by this blog
All participants of the invasion — or people who wished they were a part of it — are encouraged to join and document their exploits as a summary.

Reports will be used for in-character promotions and awards.

div-green.png
Jack hated writing reports. Unfortunately, with the CO dead along with the rest of the squadron, he was stuck with the job. At least he didn't have to notify all their next of kin, Command would take care of that. But they still wanted his report, and so, stuck in his quarters with a datapad and a mug of caf, Jack tapped out his version of events.

When he was done, he transmitted it to Valery Noble Valery Noble who had sent through the request.

Selvaris Battle Report

Upon arriving at Selvaris we observed as the GA and Maw fleets maneuvered, with the Maw not launching their fighters. Noting this, Cpt Delvardus (KIA) our squadron CO, ordered Slipstream Squadron to engage the nearest enemy capital vessel. With no enemy starfighter launch, this was an opportunity too good to pass up.

Commander Don Don Dono's fleet then engaged with the Maw fleet, and Slipstream Squadron was ordered by Commander Dono to make a distraction for the fleet. So ordered, we attacked the enemy flagship. This prodded the enemy into launching some of his starfighters against us.

Our squadron fought hard, but once the enemy launched several more waves of starfighters, our time was limited as we were impossibly outnumbered, located close to the enemy fleet and far from support. We gave a good accounting of ourselves, with a kill ratio of almost four to one. One of our TIE pilots made a heroic run with her bomber into the enemy hangar, and this allowed me to escape destruction as the last surviving pilot of Slipstream Squadron.

Trapped within the enemy ship, I resolved to do as much damage as possible, and managed to cause the enemy significant problems before I recieved orders to withdraw. By virtue of a torpedo strike on the enemy flagship's internal spaces, and the enemy starfighter screen having been drawn away, I was able to escape and make a successful return to the fleet before it escaped the system.

There is little I can add regarding the enemy's strength or intentions, except to note the overconfidence displayed by the enemy commander at Selvaris.

I would recommend Commander Dono for special recognition at Selvaris. Though some might question the loss of life and materiel caused by his orders, including that of several capital ships and my entire squadron, he made the correct and hard decision. His bold and decisive action was successful in tying down the enemy in a battle and drawing enemy assets away from the Alliance's true strategic goal. Though won at great cost, the Battle of Selvaris was a victory for the Galactic Alliance.

Lt. Jack Versio
Galactic Alliance Navy

The report transmitted, Lt. Versio finished off his caf while he watched the news. There was no talk about the upcoming attack on Exegol, that information hadn't made the newsreels just yet. Soon, though, the whole galaxy would know. Selvaris had just been a warmup. Exegol was going to be the main event.

Rriss'aboumo'vrumi

R

div1.png

Selvaris Naval Report

Soft footsteps left the command bridge of the ANS Vober Dand, as they moved to enter into private quarters. Commander Don Dono had received word from the communication's officer that Alliance High Command expected an after battle report regarding the Invasion of Selvaris. Fortunately the 678th Frontier Task Force had survived mostly intact against the naval might of the Final Dawn, a sub organization of the Brotherhood of the Maw. Having withdrawn from the battlefield to get major repairs from the local shipyard. Dono was not proud of his actions during the engagement and it would no doubt cause some valid concerns from the High Command over his sacrifice of four vessels and the thousands of crewmen on board them.

There was always doubt within the back of any commander's mind that the battle could have gone differently and those crewmen could have been saved. But the slow movement of his fingers across the terminal at his desk did bring him some closure from his dark thoughts.

"To Alliance High Command

On arrival over Selvaris, the 678th Frontier Task Force was quick to notice that the Final Dawn, the known sub-group of the Brotherhood had established quite a formidable battle line in preparation for our assault. It became apparent in the minutes that followed that they had sent quite a large contingent of their naval forces to respond to our distraction attempt.

My first order was to sent a Contingent of Starfighters to probe their defensive line using our tractor beams to accelerate them past the anti-starfighter weaponry of the final dawn navy. The goal was to destroy the flagship of the fleet before the battle could officially begin but the starfighter contingent was forced to break off the attack. I had ordered a new arrival of allied starfighters to distract the flagship while another maneuver was attempted.

But it became quickly clear that the Final Dawn outnumbered us and outgunned us considerably and we were only able to inflict light damages to distract them from the battle on the ground. With this in mind I had ordered two of my MC85's to ram into their v shaped battle formation in an attempt to create a debris field. Although the resulting clash killed all lives on board.

With the enemy closing in and deploying a Gravity Well Generator to prevent our escape. I had little other option but to order two of my Scythe Cruisers to destroy the FDS Goliath with the same result occuring the complete destruction of the vessels underneath my command.

The Task Force had officially withdrawn from the battlefield and my actions had costed a considerable number of deaths. I am ready to bare the consequences of my commands issued. But before that I would like to recommend Lieutenant Jack Versio for subsequent reward for his bravery in the face of adversity.

An additional note that I would like to include in my report is that the Final Dawn is still a formidable force both in naval might and ground forces. Should the Brotherhood of the Maw fall at Exegol, then the Alliance should focus on defeating the Final Dawn swiftly in order to avoid another Great Hyperspace War from happening.

Signed, Commander Don Don Dono"

The message was sent from the terminal to Coruscant. He was fully ready to be demoted should the alliance high command find it necessary

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom