Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Affiliation / Manufacturer modifications

This just kind of popped into my head a while ago, after doing a large amount of modification requests.

Normally when dealing with a modification request for Manufacturer and Affiliation (assuming both still exist), we simply add the requested manufacturer or affiliation and do not remove the original - usually notifying the submitter of this policy.

While my idea isn't revolutionary or anything crazy, it could signify to the reader that a manufacturer or affiliation was originally associated with the submission but is no longer supported by it. For the same reason we don't remove either field's information when doing modification requests, this would show that there would be probable cause/reason for a submission ending up in the hands of, say, an enemy as well as an ally.

My idea is simply to add a strikethrough over the original text in the Manufacturer & Affiliation fields when making changes rather than just adding a new one on.

Example:

Manufacturer: The Other Guys, The New Guys
Affiliation: Inactive/Deleted Faction, The New Faction

Thoughts? This would be just to show a reader that the submission was once originally intended for the former affiliation/manufacturer, but changed to the newer one. The original could still utilize the submission and use the applicable fields as proof, but this would also satisfy the submitter's desire to clarify that their submission is no longer associated, at least officially, with the original manufacturer/affiliation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom