Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Aegis Class Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
kyle-hefley-locke-page-03.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

[SIZE=11pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] To create an advanced armour system for sale through Locke and Key Mechanics[/SIZE]
Image Source: Art Station
[SIZE=11pt] Canon Link: [/SIZE] [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]N/A
[SIZE=11pt]Restricted Missions:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Primary Source:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Locke and Key Mechanics[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Model:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Aegis Class Armour[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Affiliation:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Closed Market[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Modularity:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] No[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Production:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Minor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Material:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Durasteel, [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Quandarium[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt], Electronics components, various sensors[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Classification:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Multipurpose Advanced Armour System[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Weight:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] 15kg[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Resistances:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]- Blasters:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] High[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]- Kinetic:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] High[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]- Lightsabers:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Low[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]- Vacuum:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] High[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]- Environmental:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] High[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]- Ion:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Average[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Hexarium Body Suit[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Helmet[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Rebreather[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Automatic Polarizing Anti-Flash Visor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Minerva System[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Cameras[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]LK Hermes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Passive Millimeter Detector[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Vambrace[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Deployable Vibroblades[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Apollo Control System[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Lightshield[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Chestplate[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Radar Emitters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Lidar Emitters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]4 x [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Magno-clasps[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] (1 on the back of each shoulder, 2 in the small of the back)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Environmental Sensors[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Various sensors scattered across the front and back of the armour for the Minerva System[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Valkyrie System[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]IFF Transponder[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Maneuvering Thrusters and Small Jetpack[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Personal Energy Shield[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Legs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Magnetic soles[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]8 x [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Magno-clasps[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] (3 on each thigh, 1 on each boot)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Personal Energy Shield[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The Aegis contains a personal Energy Shield capable of projecting an energy barrier capable of blocking incoming energy based weapons fire. The Energy shield is only able to block energy attacks but is able to block heavy weapons fire, and even light vehicle weapons. The shield will block a shot or two from a heavier vehicle weapon before failing. One the shield fails it will need to be reset and recharge before it can be used again.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Powered Battle Armour[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Through the use of Micro hydraulics, the armour can enhance the speed and strength of its user.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Lightshield Deploy from the Vambraces[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]In the middle of a fight sometimes someone can get close to you and you don't have a chance to hit them with your gun. The Aegis comes with a little surprise. Both vambraces of the Aegis contain a light shield, a shield based on lightsaber technology. The light shields take the form of small bucklers, able to prevent attacks being made if the user can move fast enough to block them. Due to power restrictions, the light shields are limited to a defensive mandate, unable to cut or attack an opponent. The shields are able to block small arms fire and standard rifle fire as well as basic physical strikes. Anything stronger would knock out the shields until they could be reset and repaired.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Vibroblades deploy from the Vambraces[/SIZE]

Sometimes you can’t engage someone at range, sometimes you just need to get in close to someone by your choice or theirs. Many people choose to carry some form of melee weapon but drawing this can take time, if you even have a weapon. To that end the Locke and Key engineers decided to include melee weapons in the suit, providing each vambrace with a retractable blade. In the world of armoured suit slamming into one another on a battlefield they wanted a weapon that could provide you with an advantage in this level of fight. They chose to include small vibroblades in the vambraces, able to deploy out on command to block or attack an enemy. However, these are static blades, extending out over the back of your hand which restricts their use in a fight, these are last ditch weapons meant to provide an emergency weapon that can come as a surprise for an unsuspecting foe.

[SIZE=11pt]Jetpack and manoeuvring thrusters.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Power Intensive[/SIZE]

In the event your suit loses power, it will be much harder to move in dead power armour. The armour contains thermal heat sinks as part of the armour built into the backpack to allow the armour to vent heat build up without damaging the suit's systems or hurting the user. If those sinks are damaged or blocked then the armour's systems will shut down rather than risk damage to the user until the sinks can be repairs or cleared.

[SIZE=11pt]Vulnerable Sensors[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The Minerva System, the ability to draw data about your surroundings giving you the ability to make the best decision in any situation. But that system relies heavily on a series of sensors scattered all over its surface, but in order to do their job, the sensors have to be exposed. However this exposure also leaves then vulnerable, it is relatively easy to damage those sensors when the suit gets hit. With each sensor damaged the Minerva system loses its eyes, leaving the suit without one of its integral components. The suits sensors, exposed as they are, are also vulnerable to EMPs, ion strikes and jamming, disabling the sensors blinds the suit, nullifying the advantages of the Minerva. The Suit's over-reliance on its sensors also leaves it vulnerable to hacking, it's possible for the hacker to spoof the suit's sensors, feeding them false data that can lead to the user reacting to things that aren't there, or failing to react to things that are. [/SIZE]

Vulnerable at the joints and soft flexible areas.

Built to fight in the fast-paced world of powerful battle armour combat the Aegis needs to be protective but still allow it's user to move fast, to use the agility and speed of the suite to dodge attacks and deliver blows of its own. The side effect of this, however, is the armour needed to be thinner, more flexible at the joints allowing the suit to move and doge. However, this makes the suit weaker at the limbs, the armour thinner and easier to pierce. The Aegis comes with a variety of defensive options but an attack on the flexible sections of the armour can penetrate much easier, a marked vulnerability in the armour.

[SIZE=11pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The initial phase of Locke and Key Mechanics development was always built up by John Locke with the eventual end goal of building an advanced suit of battle armour for production and sale. John and his engineers put everything into this, creating the most advanced suit of armour which they could. Market to the public. The armour also contains many of the proprietary technologies developed by Locke and Key mechanics, the Apollo control system, the Minerva and the Hermes along with the Valkyrie System. The company threw everything it had into the creation of this armour system, setting it up as the showpiece for the company, one of their flagship products. In addition, they went beyond their own technologies, including shields and weaponry they hadn’t created. The surface of the suit is seeded with the sensors needed for the Minerva System to work, allowing a great level of information processing, while at the same time providing a potential weakness to the suit. The suit was also equipped with several Magnoclasps that allow it to store weapons or ammunition around its person without having to carry a harness or other form of storage.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Personal Energy Shield: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]To prevent the suit's power from being drained in combat the Personal Energy Shield is powered by it’ own capacitor separate from the suit’s normal power systems. This allows for the use of the shield in short bursts, but it takes a long time to charge once the shield has been drained making its use a highly tactical consideration. The shield is able to block most small and heavy handheld weapons for a short period, for every 10 seconds of blocking the shield needs 3 minutes to charge. The Capacitor is able to hold 30 seconds worth of charge in total. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Powered Battle Armour: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Through the use of Micro-Hydraulics the Aegis suit is able to enhance the speed and strength of its user. This increase means that the Aegis is not a suit you can just put on and use but takes some getting used to as the basic motor controls. Once master though the suit is able to massively increase your combat effectiveness by allowing you to move around the battlefield hitting that much harder. The armour's Micro-Hyrdaulics allow you to move faster and hit harder than a normal human to the point where they can't keep up with you. The Armour lets you throw small boulders and move fast enough to cover 100m in 6.5 seconds (OOC: The current record is around 9 seconds)[/SIZE]

Lightshield:

The armour’s vambraces also contain deployable lightshields, while these lack the full protection of the Personal energy shield they do provide a small extra protection when needed. By default, they or only the size of a mid-sized buckler but the extra protection can come in handy in the middle of a fight, although while using the light shield you can’t use that hand to fight. The lightshields operate as only defensive tools, but while in use the hand which they are is unable to be used for other purposes.

[SIZE=11pt]Environmentally Secure: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The armour is able to completely seal itself off from the environment around it allowing the user to operate in the vacuum of space or in otherwise potentially hazardous zones. The suit contains filters for the air around it and carries an onboard supply of 8 hours of breathable air.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Jetpack and Thrusters: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The armour contains a small jetpack, not enough to lift you off the ground when on a planet. But in space, it gives the suit just enough lift to be able to move and manoeuvre over a short distance.[/SIZE]

Vibroblades deploy from the Vambraces

Sometimes you can’t engage someone at range, sometimes you just need to get in close to someone by your choice or theirs. Many people choose to carry some form of melee weapon but drawing this can take time, if you even have a weapon. To that end the Locke and Key engineers decided to include melee weapons in the suit, providing each vambrace with a retractable blade. In the world of armoured suit slamming into one another on a battlefield they wanted a weapon that could provide you with an advantage in this level of fight. They chose to include small vibroblades in the vambraces, able to deploy out on command to block or attack an enemy. However, these are static blades, extending out over the back of your hand which restricts their use in a fight, these are last ditch weapons meant to provide an emergency weapon that can come as a surprise for an unsuspecting foe.

[SIZE=11pt]That’s not to say that the armour doesn’t have its weaknesses, Despite as strong a battery as they could fit into it, the armour is only rated for 24 hours of use on one charge. However in combat that 24hrs drop to only 8 hours as all the suit’s systems are eating up the power all at once. Without any power, the Suit turns into a very heavy set of plate mail, hardly ideal in a fast-moving battlefield. Furthermore, the suit contains a variety of sensors scattered over its surface, both front and back. in order to be of any use, these sensors are exposed and therefore vulnerable to being hit. The more sensors are damaged and lost the less use one can generate from the Minerva System that is such an integral part of the suit.[/SIZE]

John Locke said:
Vulnerable Sensors
Could you go into more detail here? I know it's explained further in the description, but the field needs to be clear why it's a weakness.

John Locke said:
Mono-molecular edged blade
Monomolecular edged blades would lose their edge immediately cutting anything more than an unmoving object without pressure, I'd suggest finding an alternative or removing it.

John Locke said:
Lightshield
To clarify - this would only be for protection, rather than being able to cut? If so, please specify.

John Locke said:
However in combat that 24hrs drop to only 8 hours as all the suit’s systems are eating up the power all at once
This wouldn't impact a PvP situation, please adjust the times or remove it and find another weakness.

[member="John Locke"]

First, thank you for reviewing the submission :)

I have expanded the section on the vulnerable sensors, adding a variety of weaknesses to the sensors.

I didn't think of the issue with the mono-molecular blades, you're quite correct. I removed the deployable blade entirely, and instead wish to use the light shield in both an offensive and defensive tool. Would this be acceptable?

It doesn't make much sense to me to leave it with a significant time issue for the power, so I've added another weakness as requested.

[member="Aria Vale"]

[member="Aria Vale"]

Since I would rather keep the armour out of semi unique status at this time I have scaled back the lightshields to a defensive only mandate and put in small vibroblades s the emergency melee weapon.

Thank you for all the help polishing my sub, I've learned a lot about creating armour during this process.

[member="John Locke"]

John Locke said:
In the event your suit loses power, it will be much harder to move in dead power armor.
  • Can you elaborate on ways this suit can lose power? Is there an energy source exposed somewhere? Does it require more frequent charging that could be inopportune during a fight? Is the energy source highly volatile? Is it vulnerable to EMP/ION? (I see your rating lists average but if it is susceptible I would drop that rating to either very low or none)

John Locke said:
Through the use of Micro hydraulics, the armour can enhance the speed and strength of its user.
  • Is this a significant boost to both strength and speed or a minor one?

Jamie Pyne said:
  • Can you elaborate on ways this suit can lose power? Is there an energy source exposed somewhere? Does it require more frequent charging that could be inopportune during a fight? Is the energy source highly volatile? Is it vulnerable to EMP/ION? (I see your rating lists average but if it is susceptible I would drop that rating to either very low or none)
The armour contains a lot of shielding system, which cut it's powered time down by a factor of three when in use. The majority of the power drain comes from using these systems along with extreme and consistent use of the micro hydraulics. The Weakness was one I had originally included as a means to say the armour could not be used forever, but Aria had asked me to add another since the power wasn't a true weakness and I forgot to delete it.

Jamie Pyne said:
Is this a significant boost to both strength and speed or a minor one?
I envision this as a moderate boost. The armour lets you move faster and hit harder than a normal human, to the point where a normal human can't keep up in a fight, but that is not the primary purpose of this armour. The armour is strong enough to allow the user to manhandle cover and break through doors, but they can't for example throw large boulders.

Reading through my sub again, would it help with the balance if I deleted both the weakness of power and the personal energy shield, just leaving it with the wrist shields which I can reclassify into energy shields instead of light-shields since that's what they effectively are now.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

[member="John Locke"]

Here's what I would suggest:
  1. In the strengths give an idea as to what type of damage the energy shield can stand up to before failing (small arms/explosives/artillery, etc)
  2. In the weaknesses notate a vulnerable spot for the energy source of the armor for opponents to have an opportunity to disable if struck.
  3. Notate in the description somewhere the general impact of the strength/speed boost provided by the power armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom