Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aedificium

city-1031435_960_720.jpg
Mygeeto
[Theme]
[member="Einhardt Al'Kuhn"]
It was time for The IMF to expand, and the most logical expansion that Natalie could think of would be to fully establish itself as an Intergalactic Trading and Terror conglomerate is to consolidate her power, in the construction of a lavish and expensive headquarters for the company. For now, it had been mostly managing the fiscal and administrative responsibilities of a regular corporate entity from within the factory walls, with nothing but the sound of pounding metal, machines and the heat of internal furnaces.

No longer would that be the case.

So she sat in the fanciest hotel in town and had rented out the room for the next day or two. She would have been alone, if her company's second highest shareholder, Lunara Ochenta, didn't insist on budging into matters as per usual. To relieve her own stress of the savvy business woman that rudely accompanied her, she occasional sipped on some water, tapping her fingers on the metallic black table which smudged the silence, at least until the Vorzydiak began to speak.

"He is coming, right? This place is expensive per hour."

Sighing internally and replying.

"He'll be here. Don't worry." Offering an insincere reply in return, and turning to the window to avoid punching her.

[member="Darth Mara"]

Ein was indeed on his way, though he had in truth gotten just a little bit lost.

Though he'd often been one to travel off world, he hadn't exactly ever visited Mygeeto before. The planet was nice enough in it of itself, though had some very unique architecture that made...well pretty much everything about it impossible to figure out. Eventually he'd managed to make his way through to the surface, and of course after that he'd simply asked for directions. It was confusing, but somehow he'd made it to the hotel where his meeting was to take place.

It only happened that he was about fifteen minutes late.

The fact of the matter was that such a thing was very unfortunate, but sometimes it couldn't be avoided. He hoped that the person he was meeting would understand, especially since from what he understood they were...well of the darker nature.

Then again Ein had never actually met a Sith before, so perhaps things would go well after all. The young man straightened himself for a moment, shifting in his suit and ensuring that his cuff-links were properly aligned along his wrists. After a few moments he glanced into a dark onyx pillar at the end of the hall, giving himself a slight wink before turning to the right and heading towards the correct door. Eventually he arrived, his knuckles ringing out in a loud knock a moment later.

There was silence as the knocking echoed through the room.

From the Vorzydiak's lack of response, it was clear that she expected Natalie -.. No, the Chief Executive Officer - To open the door. "Fine" whispering under her breath. "You would just scare him anyway."

"What was that?" The woman responded. Another silent sigh escaped Natalie's mouth, this woman was always paranoid about everything. "Oh nothing dear, it appears that our guest has arrived." Slowly, she placed her hands on her dress and began to adjust it, it had been crimped for sitting down for so long. Even going so far as to place her hair back before pressing a button and the hissing noise started, before being finished with the man stood infront of her.

"I believe you're Mister Einhardt? This is my accomplice and second largest shareholder, Lunara Ochenta, she'll be assisting us in these discussions. In short, we are looking to construct a large, lavish, expensive and heavily guarded headquarters for use by the Intergalactic Monetary fund. Working out of a factory really isn't my style, oh and do sit. Can I get you anything? Water? Tea? Coffee? All expenses have been paid before hand, so if you would like a larger meal we can arrange for that to be done."

[member="Darth Mara"]

"No meal, thank you." It was a kind offer, but he'd already eaten on the way here and well he had to keep his figure somehow. He flashed the other woman a smile for a moment and then continued on into the suite. "Tea will be fine though."

Vanir Technologies was well known for it's construction projects all throughout the galaxy. The Arceneau Archives, Cloud Nine, The Foundry, all of them massive and large enough to draw the eye of a dozen corporations. most of the time Vanir built for itself or some ulterior motive, but now it seemed contracts to build for other companies were becoming more and more popular. It was an initiative that Ein had supported, and actually initiated within the company itself.

He smiled for a moment more, then broke straight into business. "Do you have a location in mind?"

Ein asked with a smile.

"A planet or system?" Either or worked. "Design ideas?"

All rather important, though the latter Vanir could easily take care of itself.

"Of course" Standing up and moving to a holoprojector at the front. "We would like it constructed directly in Mygeeto, and planning won't be an issue here, the government bends easily, especially when for the most part th-.." Pausing and turning again "I shall stop myself there, don't want myself spilling too many company secrets." Placing her finger on a button, which flashed an image onto the screen. "We're going for a modern Mygeetoan theme, simple tower block with several bridges extending, preferably also with security gates and anti-intrusion measures"

mygeeto35.jpg

"We're also looking for several office blocks to be placed inside, airpad measures, and an underground storage facility. Whatsmore, we are currently receiving funding for supporting nuclear power on the planet, so we would need several nuclear-safe walls to be put in place to power the entire headquarters. All-in-all, nothing too special, just enough to pass as a legitimate business operation with genuine needs."

"And finally, a central control room. Our company primarily handles droids, and all the security operations will be managed by said device, as such, it will require quite a large operating area with blast doors and the like."

[member="Darth Mara"]

Ein scratched his beard unconsciously.

Vanir wasn't exactly new to building headquarters for Corporations, after all they had built an entire planet for themselves. Mygeeto was something that would require a fair few thoughts on however. The planet wasn't exactly construction friendly, it's atmosphere presenting a problem or two. Still, it was more than doable, especially considering the...influence that they held here.

"Should be done easily enough." He admitted.

Creating a comprehensive headquarters was actually rather simple compared to just creating an office building. Something that had it all was easier to construct just the one thing because instead of attempting to keep things compartmentalized you were just putting in everything and finding a place for it. Ein had been told such a task was easier, and the onyl real problem came when the client themselves were attempting to cut corners for one reason or another.

Something he suspected wouldn't be happening here.

"Just one question." He said simply. "Why Vanir? Why not hire someone local?"

She looked to the Vorzydiak and opened her mouth once more, rubbing her hands together. "Construction companies come few and far between here. Things have been rough to say the least, not only in this local area, but planet-wide. Without going into too mu"

"Your pretty princess here killed a company director. Nobody wishes to" receiving a glare from Natalie with her finger moving towards her mouth, signalling Lunara to shut her mouth. "Ahem. Yes, we had a run in where a director wished to pull his funds from our company without following the correct procedure and nearly forced us to become bankrupt, and my most esteemed colleague seems to forget where that additional 25% of our company's shares came from." giving a fake smile through the speech.

"Listen, I'm not a tyrant. I would just like a construction order completed without hassle, and if you want to hear the rest of that story, we can finish it over dinner. Onto more important matters, what price point are you placing this at?"

[member="Darth Mara"]

He tapped his chin in thought.

The truth of it was that this project wasn't really much of anything compared to something like Artemis Station or The Foundry, and aside from the challenges of building on Mygeeto the plan would be relatively easy. He frowned for a moment and pulled out a small datapad from his pocket.

"Just one moment." He couldn't give them an exact price point of course, that had to be sorted out between lawyers, planners, and everything else, but he could at least create a ball-park figure with the information they had given him. Ein shifted slightly in place, punching in the numbers, glancing up between the two figure for a moment, flashing a smile and then shifting one last time to enter the last of the info on the datapad.

"Here." He offered the device. "That will be around the final price, though obviously it might grow or shrink depending."

His expression was a small but charming smile.

"Oh that will do nicely." smiling and turning to Lunara, with a nod of approval coming from the green woman's physique. "Now in saying that, what would you like? Surely you are not only after monetary value." while handing the device back to [member="Einhardt Al'Kuhn"]

"Despite my appearance, I have worked in this industry before. I'm not an average pretty girl looking to make money -- well, I am pretty, I am a girl and I am looking for fin-.. forget that. The real question is, what can I do for you?" flicking her hair back once more and now gesturing for Lunara to leave, and she does so reluctantly. While standing at the table, she leans against it and crosses her legs, folding her arms.

"And don't mistake this for an offer of romance" winking.

[member="Darth Mara"]

Ein looked startled for a moment.

He actually wasn't after anything extra, not really anyway. Right now he wanted to work his way through Vanir, gain a more solid position, and then move onto his own goals. Only time would tell if he'd be capable of doing what he planned, but right he had to be careful.

For a moment the Financial Officer sipped his tea, thinking, and then smiled. "I would never."

Ein said with a smirk.

"But perhaps your friendship." He stated simply. "It always helps to be surrounded by ambitious individuals."

That was certainly true. Eventually the old would always fade and the new would come in.

Perfect. A new friendship, a company expansion at an outrageously low price and a friendship with the CEO of one of the most powerful companies in the galaxy. Was this a dream? Because it certainly felt like one.

"You read my mind perfectly, mister Al'Kuhn, shall we toast to this new partnership?" smiling and then lifting a glass of non-descript liquid and bringing it to his eye level. "A toast to us."

[member="Darth Mara"]

There was always a game to be played when it came to Corporations.

It was something that many people didn't really consider. Companies in a way had a great amount of influence on the galaxy. They decided production of warships, arms, armor. Of course governments could take a hand in these things, but more often than not it was the companies that produced newer and newer edgers for the war effort. It was in order to stay productive, and of course this productivity carried over to other things. Trade, construction, finances.

Everything. "Of course."

In that kind of a world it paid to make friends. You never knew who would be the next big thing, who would owe you a favor and what you could gain from them. That was how power was brokered. Not by Sith Lords swinging a lightsaber, not by Warships razing a world.

But two people in a conference room.

"To us." He said raising his cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom