Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Adzurek | Sithspawn ocular implant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
vfTwfpQ.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Alchemists aboard the Pomojema
  • Affiliation: Closed Market, Warlords of the Sith
  • Market Status: Closed Market
  • Model: Adzurek ('structurally concealed flower' in an old Zuguruk dialect)
  • Modularity: Petal color can vary widely, though red is a perennial choice
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Alchemized living plant tissue (symbiont)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Symbiotic ocular implant
  • Size: Average for an ocular implant
  • Weight: Average for an ocular implant
  • Ammunition Type: Biological dart carrying Sith poison
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Low (3)
  • Effective Range: Personal
  • Rate of Fire: Average
  • Damage Output: Low (dart), Extreme (Sith poison)
  • Recoil: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Rooted in eye socket
  • Dart firing and regeneration capability
  • Vision capability
STRENGTHS
  • Looks like a normal eye until the flower opens, a quick process (a few seconds).
  • Deploys Sith poison, which can rapidly reduce a Jedi's resistance to anger and the dark side, can cause darksiders to lose control, and is often fatal without major intervention. (Effects up to the opposing writer, etc.)
  • Can see reasonably well, comparable to a prosthetic eye.
  • The dart is subsonic: the whole affair is basically silent.
  • The dart can fire without the flower opening, albeit with reduced accuracy.
WEAKNESSES
  • Low effective range due to low 'muzzle' velocity and lightweight dart.
  • The flower is highly visible when it opens.
  • The dart can't pierce armor.
  • Three-dart capacity; regenerating a dart and its Sith poison takes around an hour of meditation on the dark side, and this won't work in a ysalamir field.
  • Slight increase in appetite.
  • Getting one's eyeball removed is rarely pleasant.
  • The type of poison can't be swapped out (e.g. for something more or less lethal) without the aid of a very serious alchemist.
  • Force Light will put the adzurek into a shocked hibernation state. Until the owner has a few hours to meditate and address the problem, the adzurek will be non-functional: no darts, no dart regeneration (reloading)...and no sight.
DESCRIPTION

"I swear on my grandmother's life, no pharmaceuticals were involved. I know because I checked myself into rehab and they said I was clean when I walked in the door. A flower bloomed around each of his eyeballs, his eyes did something weird, and I felt a little dart or whatever zip past my face. I friggin' ran. Don't give me that look."

The Yuuzhan Vong have a biot called the plaeryin bol, a poison-spitting eyeball, a weapon of last resort. The plaeryin bol loosely inspired the Pomojema's biological alchemists as they developed an unmistakably Sith creation. In the modern era, this general direction - Sith alchemy that can be implanted in an elite owner's body without much ill effect, directly comparable to Vong biots or cyborg augments - is an innovation of the Pomojema's alchemists, with few historical precedents.

In simplest possible terms, the adzurek is a prosthetic eye comprised of a living Dromund Kaas dart flower variant whose darts contain high-grade Sith poison. The symbiont roots itself into the ocular nerve and surrounding areas. It draws upon the owner's body and Force energy for sustenance, though not to a noticeable degree.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin

An interesting biot.

Market Status: (Closed-Market (Any character can use this if they have explicit permission through, for example, a marketplace purchase), Open-Market (May be used by any character without permission from the Manufacturer))

Please re-add and fill this out.

And you are two ratings over. In the case of multiple ratings for one catagory the highest is used (in this case stopping power)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom