Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice for my Character

Lark

Saint of the Damned
With the conclusion of the Omega event, I've been searching for areas for Lark to go next. I've considered joining one of two factions, the Sith or the First Order. I'm just not sure which I should go to. I think that he could fit into both, I'd just like to join the one that would make more sense for his character and open up opportunities down the line.

One more question I had was this: How do I go about being trained in the Force? Lark is Force sensitive, but does not have any official training in how to use it. I saw somewhere that I needed someone to train me, but do I do that once I've joined a faction? And does it take place in private threads, public, or both? Sorry if these sound like newbie questions, but well, I am still kind of new! I had a lot of fun in the Omega event, and I'd like Lark to be able to make an impact in the next one!

Also, please let me know if this is in the wrong area. Here is a link to my character bio: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/96040-lark/

Thanks for reading!

[member="Lark"]

No newbie questions!

You don't NEED someone to train you, but its far more fun and as a new player I'd suggest it because it will help you learn the ropes of the board.

If you join a faction, you can ask the players within it if anyone of them would be interested in taking your character on. You can also do the same thing on the Roleplay Discussion board to find a master from any faction, even if its not your own or they're unaffiliated! Having an IC master can lead to a lot of great storytelling and character development and is my personal preferred method. You can do training threads, tag along with your Master in faction events, or take missions from them. Every thread is a training thread, to be honest. It all serves to mold your character. It's less about "Lark practiced Lightning over and over until he was good" and more about the story you tell along the way. I respect a character a lot more if they learned their control of the Force while on a life journey or through hardship/war/personal development rather than reading a dozen threads of basically what amounts to XP grinding.

Secondly, if you'd prefer not to have a Master you can totally just be active around the site and participate in lots of different events in your faction or as an independent character and when you feel you've done enough to qualify as a Knight you can contact a Roleplay Judge to get yourself nominated for promotion.

[member="Lark"]

Factions are a good place to get into some good story but are not always necessary. Especially in the area of training and advancement.

Your character based on your bio seems inherently Sith. I don't know a lot about Velok's group so I can't really help you there. The First Order's Knights of Ren strike me as more Dark Jedi than Sith but they create a lot of opportunities as well as currently being in an upswing of activity.

We advice if you are still on the fence..................talk to each group. See if they will let you drop in a BYOO for one of the dominions. Then see how you as a writer and also your character messes with them. Then make a decision based on that experience.

Training wise anyone Knight or Master whether in a faction or not could take your own. I can't speak for the others but me personally. I like a combination of Private one on one training threads, Faction Dev/Dominion participation, and Skirmish or Invasion participation before considering someone for a promotion from Padawan/Acolyte to Knight.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Just join a faction, get a job, and then spend the next to months trying to get your character fit in with everybody else. It's some of the best character development you could ask for. Plus. You get to work with other writers. Which, is pretty much the bread and butter of RP. Multiplayer. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom