Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advancing Personal Defense Technologies

Macharius Solaire

M
[member="Liam Ettagar"] [member="Gir Quee"]

Denon Stahl Arms Testing Facility

Today was quite the exciting day for the company. The Republic Grand Admiral Gir Quee himself was coming to today's demonstration of the new N7-STA Armor. His rank and the specifications of this equipment didn't align exactly. The armor was not made for space and its practical use for naval personnel was simply not there. In reality though it would see itself aboard Republic ships when soldiers wearing it would be transported between worlds. So his opinion, one which Macharius already held in respect for the officer, would be not only valid, but wanted.

Macharius walked into the testing room. This section was more a firing range than anything. Away from the labs and more delicate equipment they used. It was larger than a normal range. The ceilings were a good thirty feet high, and the end was a large slope of gravel and dirt to absorb all the rounds that would be fired. The walls were also reinforced with plating to keep everything contained. This wasn't purpose built, but re-purposed to suit the needs they had. Stahl Arms wasn't a mega corporation yet that can just throw money to build shiny and new buildings because they wanted to. Practicality was also something Macharius valued, so the company did too.

Several workers were fitting up prototypes to some testing droids. A moving target was more fun to shoot, and it would be able to show up the flexibility N7 was made for. Mach hobbled along with his cane, still working off his prior injury. He stopped at a table with weaponry laid out for today's tests. Slugthrowers, blasters, grenades. Even a rocket launcher if they felt like seeing a suit wrecked to see the results. Mach picked up a small blaster, one he'd never seen and curiosity compelled him to look it over. It would also eat up some time while technicians jabbered to him and waste time for the participants to show up.

As he entered the testing area, Gir wasn't sure quite what to expect with Denon Stahl Arms. In a matter of months, his mere office had exposed him to many companies that he wouldn't have the faintest clue that existed to support the Republic, from the makers of bacta patches in the Republic's medpacks to a variety of small shipyards contracted out to make Republic ships. All of them were vital to the Republic's well-being, but companies were a funny beast. They really were like people, constantly evolving, growing, aging, and competing with themselves. They also had a tendency to do certain things in their own way. He'd be curious to see how Denon Stahl Arms worked and conducted themselves, especially after hearing how it was linked to a senator.

While Gir himself had only had to wear body armor once in a combat seting, he was glad that he had wore in then. I wonder how it'll compare to the Warden-class I wore back on Toprawa. The man shook the thoughts of the distant jungle world from his head, along with the accompanying thoughts of ragged rebels and Mandalorian troopers from his head. Attempting to be somewhat low-key, the blonde man and his aide-de-camp wore their duty uniforms underneath the standard issue black Republic trenchcoat. They quietly took positions on one side of the room, curious to see who else would appear before the testing started.

[member="Macharius Solaire"]

Macharius Solaire

M
[member="Gir Quee"]

Macharius was still fiddling around with the weapon before he noticed his guest had arrived. Distractions were distracting. His techs were still busy finishing up the demonstrations last touches. None of them had bothered to notify him of Quee's presence. Mach tossed down the blaster and limped his way over to greet the man. "Grand Admiral Quee. Welcome to today's demonstration of Stahl Arms N7 Armor". A vigorous handshake followed once he was up in front of the man. "Now lets disperse pleasantries. We all know the reality of why your here. And that's because I'm a Senator. My company got this contract. And the public likes a big fat PR session to reassure them those in charge are doing real things to insert whatever feel good thing you want here". The Senator placed a hand on the Admiral's back and began guiding him over towards the armor wearing droids that today was all about. "I'm a more a to the point person Admiral Quee. Far more so when I can be freely speaking. So until we have cameras floating around us. I hope you're one to be the same. Unless you're a stick in the mud". Mach gave a big grin and a light smack to his back before removing the arm as they had covered the short distance to their destination. "So here it is. The N7-STA. No company is doing the kind of materials application like mine is. The armor is on the cutting edge, early days of course. So take a look at it. Give me your first impressions with no foreknowledge other that what I just told you".

The admiral kept his face and body posture at least mildly agreeable for the public as [member="Macharius Solaire"] began to talk to him. But the man was uncomfortable himself in making public appearances, though his office demanded it frequently enough. Yet the admiral could apt it appreciate public appearances, even if it wasn't exactly his cup of tea. They kept the morale of both the Republic's citizens, allies, and soldier's up. Morale itself could make or break armies and fleets. Anything he could do to keep it up he would, irregardless of how awkward it was for him. But the senator made it all seem all to natural to him, like it was a habit as simple as changing his cloths. But I suppose public relations is your meat and potatoes in that profession...Gir let the man guide him to the waiting suit of armor.

"Looks like it has exceptional armor coverage," observed the admiral, running his hand across the breastplate, "but this feels surprisingly light, perhaps almost half the weight of my own current armor. That in itself will be an excellent game changer, if the quality of the armor remains the same. Soldiers will be able to run farther and faster with less fatigue, and if the hype I've read about it seems true, they will still have the protection they need to remain an effective fighting force on the battlefield.

How are you planning on testing it today?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom