Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship ADT-class Heavy Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
52_repfighter_mood.jpg

Image Source: http://www.christianpiccolo.com/FEATURED_SW_Starfighters.html
Affiliation: GOMM
Manufacturer: GOMM Industrial
Model: Aggressive Defense Tactics-class
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass-Produced
Material:
Classification: Heavy Starfighter

Length: 12m
Height: 20m
Width: 30m

Armament:
  • 2 Forward-mounted Medium laser cannons
  • 2 Forward-mounted Light laser cannons
  • Proton torpedo launchers (14 Torpedo's max)
Squadron Count: 8

Special Features:
Maneuverability Rating: 3
Speed Rating: 4
Hyperdrive Class: 1.5

Strengths:
  • Hard Hitting
  • Durable
Weaknesses:
  • No Rear Defense
Description:
  • Crew: 1
  • Passengers: 1
  • Cargo Capacity: 200kg
  • Consumables: 1 Standard Week
  • The ADT-class was the design derived from the testing of Swatrium on TIE-fighters, in the discovery that a strong enough fighter would be required to fly with Swatrium, as the more that was used, the heavier it was. The fighters design incorporated from its heavy design to be heavy hitting with better weapons than light blaster cannons. This still gave it a rapid fire gun, but also a heavier-hitting weapon that could deal better damage to larger ships instead of being fighter-only. The rest of the ADT's design was made to be less resistant in atmospheric conditions, but its weight still forcing it to use more power to stay in the air.
Development Thread: If Needed
Intent: Give GOMM a standard starfighter
Who Can Use This: GOMM

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Like the Redeemer submission, I'd like to see a few sentences that summarize or help describe the ship in some way.

Galven Solomon said:
[member="Gir Quee"]

Swapping Molecular with Particle
Standard Deflector shields will give you both Ray shielding and particle shielding; it's what I generally recommend for most designs.

Galven Solomon said:
Maneuverability Rating: 2 Speed Rating: 1

For heavy fighters and bombers, I'd recommend using Speed of 3 and Maneuverability of around 3 or 4.

Galven Solomon said:
Socket Guards Energy Caps De-ionizers
Generally speaking, a mass produced design can have one extra advanced or unusual system on it without development. Exceptions to this rule of thumb are often made if the design has some other considerable weaknesses to offset the extra system's advantages.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to make the ADT more resistant to or better at?

[member="Gir Quee"]

I just have a list of ship components, Standard and Non Standard lists. Some need to be swapped around. I'm not realizing how powerful these items are, even if they are aged.

If I want Astromechs to be compatible, is that a Special Feature? What is that called?

Particle Shields, Socket Guards, Energy Caps, De-Ionizers removed. Speed and Maneuverability upped to 3, 4

It's just to be GOMM's standard fighter, balanced, more or less

Galven Solomon said:
[member="Gir Quee"]

I just have a list of ship components, Standard and Non Standard lists. Some need to be swapped around. I'm not realizing how powerful these items are, even if they are aged.
While items may be "old" in terms of universe setting, they're still expected to be pretty close to close in performance to new tech being developed. Meaning that an old X-wing is going to be pretty equivalent to a new fighter that's just hitting the markets. Making a new ship is more a matter of personal preferences and choices rather than making some that's inherently better to what's already in existence.

Galven Solomon said:
If I want Astromechs to be compatible, is that a Special Feature? What is that called?
It's called an astromech socket. This would be listed under the special features, but it wouldn't count as an advanced system, if that makes sense.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I tend to not make overpowered or better fighting ships. When I post things, it's for aesthetic preferences over strength. If I attempt at something strong, I usually put the most effort in it, and it is usually unique.

Thanks for the help Gir Quee, how's she look now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom