Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A'den Kyr'ams Armor {WIP}

Prazutis

Prudii Kyr'am Alor/Mandalorian Elder
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
CLICK SHOW TO SEE ARMOR
indb85.jpg

10ft650.jpg

2ntzcko.jpg

Intent: Personal Armor for A'den Kyr'am
Image Source: All Custom Personal Images, All were custom made.
Canon Link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_armor
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: A'den Kyram
Affiliation: A'den Kyr'am
Model: N/A
Modularity: Yes
The wrist gauntlets have high tech computers and navigational systems in them that operate the weapons and body suit's cooling and heating abilities. As well the Helmet is basically a master computer system with a variety of features, everything can be swapped out for other devices and technologies.

Production: Unique
Material: Beskar (Mandalorian Iron), Duraplast with a Tri-Prismatic Polymer, Spacers leather, Armor weave, Mirrored Tempered shatterproof plexiglass.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Armor
Weight: Heavy
Resistances
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Extremely high

- Kinetic: average

- Lightsabers: extremely high

- Other: How much protection does the armor provide against this type of damage?
toxins: average
EMP/Ion: average
Sonics: none

SPECIAL FEATURES:
The helmet has a target locking features (Can identify targets and scan weapons marking them as hostile or not), range finder, ID Scanner, Air filtration system, Voice Changer, Scanners, Thermal and Night Vision, 360 panoramic camera view displayed on the HUD in the inside of his T visor. Voice commands to control the life support systems in his armor as well as the HUD recognizes micro expression commands, (i.e. blinking, a twitch of the lip, etc. in situations where A'den might not be able to talk) Also it can control the weapons on his armor and his ship.
His Gauntlets have a comlink and controls to work the weapons in his armor as well as control the temperature of his body suit. Also has two retractable hidden beskar blades on the left gauntlet as well as two 8 inch standard beskar blades on his right gauntlet.
his gloves are armorweave with Beskar plates on the top of his hands for lethal punches in hand to hand combat.
his Boots have 10 1/4 inch spikes on the front (5 per boot).

Strengths:
1: The HUD has night vision and thermal vision.
2: vacuum sealed armor affords wearer protection from gases and toxins spread via inhalation air filtration system.
3: Beskar Plating is extremely resistant to lightsabers and blasters.
4: A'den's helmet is EMP hardened. A substantial enough burst could short the electronics and force them offline for a short time" is the commonly accepted EMP hardening strength.

Weaknesses:
1: gaps in between the beskar armor are not protected against blasters or lightsabers.
2: If the right gauntlet computer system is damaged he looses control of the temperature control in his suit, If the left gauntlet computer system is taken out then the hidden blades become useless, also a Big enough EMP Blast could knock out all the technology in the armor.
3: The armor is slightly more heavy than usual for it being made of Beskar making him not as agile.
4: If the toxic saber darts could be damaged they would leak toxins on A'den and it could leak through the body suit to affect his skin"
DESCRIPTION
A'den's armor was designed to be a walking nightmare armory and the perfect protection in war. He has plates made with Beskar infused with Duraplast & Tri-Prismatic Polymer all over his torso, arms, legs, feel and even his helmet and groin. on A'den's Right Gauntlet he has controls to control the tempature programming for his armorweave body glove suit underneath his actual armor, As well it has a wrist rocket and a fiber rip cord. His Right gauntlet as well as 2 8 inch beskar blades. His left gauntlet has a back up comms system and ship commands as well as the lock mechansim for his retractable beskar blades hidden within the gauntlet, as well as a blaster, a 1/2 inch beskar blade launcher and toxic saber dart launcher. His helt has several pouches for extra ammo and grenades and a medkit and rations. He wears a black Spacers leather infused with Armorweave waist cape and then a red sash on the front made of the same material and both flow to the ground. Over his Beskar chest he wears a black sash with a mysterious medal on it with the resol'nare scribed on scroll hanging from it, but underneath that is a bandolier that holds extra ammo. His gloves are armorweave with Beskar plates upon the top of the gloves for a bone crushing punch in hand to hand combat. Hanging down from his right shoulder is a brown shoulder cape made from a jedi robe of a dead jedi. over his right shoulder as well is 3 braided wookie scalps he obtained from killing wookies, and idea he got from reading an old data cron about Boba Fett. A'den's helmet has a air filtration system to filter out all gasses and toxins, It also has thermal and night visions, as well as voice commands, a voice changer, comlink, 360 Panoramic HUD Display, Target scanner, ID Scanner and a range finder. A'den also wears a mask made of beskar on his belt as a trophy, it's the mask of the Alor for Prudii Kyr'am. A'den's armor also has a Armorweave neck cover to protect his neck.

For your Resistances, Explosions falls under kinetic, so you can remove it.

Also, in order to balance your two Extreme ratings, you're going to have to compromise and take a few lows or nones. As it stands, this armor would not pass factory.

My advice would be to nix the hot/cold Resistances altogether, honestly. There are more important defences to have.

1: Can see in complete darkness
I would specify that your HUD has Night Vision rather than "can see in complete darkness." Word it something like "provided the HUD does not lose power, the armor provides the user with low light vision."

2: Can't be affected by any airborne toxins or gasses
You would be best served by something like "vaccum sealed armor affords wearer protection from gases and toxins spread via inhalation."

5: Armor can be controlled just by his voice.
You can list voice recognition as a special feature, but it isn't really a strength. Also, you may want to add in that the HUD recognizes microexpression commands, i.e. blinking, a twitch of the lip, etc. in situations where the wearer might not be able to talk.

6: Impossible to sneak up on A'den if A'den is paying attention to his HUD.
Remove this too, especially the word Impossible. You should not use words that have that kind of finality in submissions (statements that forego an opponent's ability to defend such as "this sword will always overcome a lightsaber in close combat," for example, are included in this.)

7: Can't cut through the armor with a lightsaber nor blast through it as it's made with Beskar.
Simply "Beskar plating is extremely resistant to lightsabers" would suffice.

8: Helmet has rubber lining the inside to protect the electronics from EMP.
"Helmet is EMP hardened. A substantial enough burst could short the electronics and force them offline for a short time" is the commonly accepted EMP hardening strength.

Change your first weakness to something like 'gaps in armor are not protected against blasters or lightsabers."

Your second third and fourth weaknesses are essentially one big weakness, involving loss of systems. Revise them into a single weakness, involving loss of systems from EM interference or damage.

Beskar alone is more than enough defense- in fact, it's a restricted material for how absurdly resistent it is to virtually everything. You could drop the Duraplast and Polymer and still have the same amount of overall protection.

The armor would remain heavy, of course.

I'd add a few more weaknesses to balance out.

@A'den Kyr'am

Prazutis

[member="Alkor Centaris"] I made those edits, i couldn't think of a 4th weaknesses got any advice on that? I know i can't have it on chaos, but A'den designed his armor t have 0 weaknesses , but again can't have that on chaos, so i'm at a loss for a 4th weakness

I'd drop the heat/cooling system altogether from strengths, so you don't have to play with as many weaknesses, in my opinion. 3/3 is fairly even, as long as one of the strengths isn't totally insane.

I'd also bring a few Resistances down to average (which is well above low) and keep only the absolutely crucial things at high or better.

For my personal armor, since I have a 2 hour supply of O2, I made the fact that the gas is extremely flammable a weakness by saying it could cause a nasty blast if it's subjected to concentrated heat. Just a thought, but little things like that could work.

Possibly a breach in the body glove could mitigate the toxin strength?

Prazutis

[member="Alkor Centaris"] i took out the cold/hot thing that made it 4/3 on the strengths and weaknesses, and lowered a couple of the resistances to average. if i had to seriously go 4/4 i thought of this, "If the toxic saber darts could be damaged they would leak toxins on A'den and it could leak through the body suit to affect his skin"

Take out the bit from the EMP strength where I said "is the commonly accepted EMP strength," I was just clarifying hahah.

You're gonna want to balance out an Extreme rating with a low or a none rating somewhere else, usually sonics are the scapegoat but you can play around with it. You probably have too many high ratings to get passed right now.

Average is neutral (no need to balance), high, very high, and extreme are counter balanced by low, very low, and none, respectively.

As for the dart breaking and the toxin seeping into skin via the pores, that's an excellent thought.

Prazutis

[member="Alkor Centaris"] i kept the EMP as a strength and used the toxic darts seeping into the skin as a weakness so it's now balanced out at 4/4, i also lowered toxins to average because of the toxic darts being able to leak into the skin, as well as gave it None for sonic resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom