Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Adara's Play'gam 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adara's Play'gam 1.0
6_MPM-HALLOWEEN_KIDS-6-800x498.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To Sub a Unique Armoured Clothing Option for [member="Yasha Mantis"]’ precocious & defensibly challenged daughter [member="Adara Raxis"]
Image Source: A Child Dressed As Jigsaw From The Movie Saw by Britt Bentine; Thought-provoking art uses children as famous and classic horror characters Caters News Agency
Canon Link: Spider Silk Armour
Primary Source: n/a

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: MandalArms | [member="Kaine Australis"]
Affiliation: [member="Adara Raxis"]
Model: Youth Sm.
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: MBE Spider Silk, Holo Emitter Components

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Anti-Blaster/Vibroblade
Weight: Very Light
Resistances
  • Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
  • Lightsabers: High
  • Plasma:High
  • Kinetic: High
  • Elemental: Average
  • Acid: Average
  • Blunt Force: Low
  • EMP/ION: None
  • Sonic: None
  • Cryo: None

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Many Pockets
  • Dapper
  • Monitored by MOMALOR: When the babysitter isn't enough.
  • Looks Like Clothing

Strengths:
  • Allows for Wide Range of Movement
  • Protects against blasters, & vibroblades
  • Protect from grazing lightsaber strikes
  • Snazzy Style

Weaknesses:
  • It is not resistant to EMP/ION, Sonic, or Cryo damage
  • Loses resistance if biological component dies
  • Almost irreparable once damaged
  • Kinetic Damage may not pierce, but still transfers energy
  • Blunt Force: While this armour might prevent stab wounds, it does not dissipate the energy produced

DESCRIPTION
This armour is made of MandalBioEng Spider Silk overcoat and trousers, with a thin woven vest for the sole purpose of being light enough for Adara Raxis to wear, while still offering her basic protections. Although the logic of why a child should require body armour is confounding, due to threats against the child and her family, Yasha & Kaine thought it best to be proactive.

After all, it is the Mandalorian way. Due to Adara’s frail physical state, this is light. It looks like regular (if dapper) children’s attire, and while it only protects against certain potential dangers, it is built for the sole purpose of protecting Adara while she plays. While this may protect Adara from kinetic damage, the force behind the hits can still knock the feeble little girl for quite a few loops. It might save her life, but will never make her impervious to any battle or attempt on her life that may crop up.

MOMALOR, the AI [member="Kaine Australis"] created to watch over his grandchildren, has sensors and a small holoemitter built into the lapels, and the belt of the trousers to monitor Adara's medical condition & provide for any needs which pop up.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Adara Raxis"]

This is made of cloth, how does it protect against Kinetic damage? A shirt doesn't really stop kinetic force.

I believe you more mean it can't be cut/stabbed through?

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Adara Raxis"]

Right, I think the definition of Kinetic gets mixed up a lot. Kinetic Impact is literally like...the force of something getting hit. So if someone stabs Adara in the chest it wouldn't go through the clothing but she would probably get a nasty bruise from the force of being stabbed. A kevlar vest irl for instance is great at stopping bullets, but you still get bruised from the kinetic force.

For now do me a favor and just add a resistance called "Blunt Force" and put it to low. I'ma see about getting the Factory to explain just what Kinetic Force actually is.

Thanks for helping me out, [member="Alric Kuhn"].

I added 'Blunt Force: Low', and this to Weaknesses:
  • Blunt Force: While this armour might prevent stab wounds, it does not dissipate the energy produced
Like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom