Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actual Interest check: Dark Jedi Order

Well, I'll preface this with 'it's just my opinion'.

Dark Jedi are supposed to be about themselves, and an Order, it clashes with that. They're an unknown quantity and an Order is a greater purpose, even let's say a criminal organization like Black Sun or the Bounty Hunter's guild. Unofficially, ooc, it's a good idea as an tool for planning and cohesiveness.

I_Am_The_Walrus said:
Dark Jedi are supposed to be
Not to butt in, but a Dark Jedi is any dark sider that is not a Sith. By definition, this encompasses all other cults that practice the application of the dark side of the force. Any kind of statement that labels the entire umbrella term for non-Sith Dark siders is, by definition, inaccurate.

Are you a nightsister? You're considered a Dark Jedi.

Are you a member of the Krath and are not a Sith? You're a Dark Jedi.

Unaffiliated with everyone and use the dark side? Dark Jedi.

Let's not start conversations by saying "[Group] is supposed to be" because for over 1000 years the Sith were supposed to be only two, Master and Apprentice, and Darth Krayt changed that. Just like before that it was supposed to be a brotherhood, and before that it was supposed to be an Empire. Times change, cultures and religious entities change, and viewpoints evolve. If the Sith change over time into vastly different incarnations than they, themselves, believed ought to happen in their respective times, then there's no reason a group of Dark Jedi can't form a cooperative group where they can use the group to achieve what they want in return for helping each other out, i.e; a coalition.

Once upon a time the Jedi only existed as one single entity.

Now what? Silver Sanctum Coalition's Silver Jedi, that Order of the Selab group that I've heard about, the Jedi Order, the Galactic Republic's Jedi Order (Not the actual Jedi order, but a group that remained with the GR during the split), the New Jedi Order (Galactic Alliance), and much more.

Don't worry about what doesn't define your group.
Put up a clear mission statement about what you are about.

Get a lot of plot hooks in there to appeal to people, and jobs a good one.

[member="Alkor Centaris"]
And to you personally best of luck! Depending on what type of order you setup I may well be interested.

There have been plenty of DJ orders in canon if you want inspiration or material to pull from.

I am 1000% interested. My character build doesn't fit well with the Sith heirarchy, and something like this would be a perfect environment to grow his profile and character arch.

Furthermore, [member="Alkor Centaris"], I would be interested in introducing our two characters. Mine is in need of a mentor, if you think you'd be interested in that at all.

In either case, if this still exists by the time Braith has returned to her former ability, I'll see about playing around with this.

If you want and if [member="Jatt Cath"] is cool, we could do a thread of the three of us, get it off the ground and build up from that, have somewhere people can jump in, get a feel and draw some attention? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom