Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Acquiring Threads

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Acquiring Threads
Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

Loomi_divider.png

Loomi's mind was pretty scrambled. She had been wandering around the Coruscant underbelly for what seemed like ages, and now she was in a bit of a bind when it came to her own past. In fact, it seemed to not even exist. But it had to, right? Her legs were prosthetic, her face was deformed... These things didn't occur naturally. Then again, maybe they did. Loomi had no idea what anything meant in the first place. Perhaps it was just a bold assumption on her end.

The Godoan knew one thing, at least: She needed clothes. Something that wasn't her regular outfit. Being a Jedi was a big deal. She couldn't show up to ceremonies or high end events dressed in something so plain. But she was so disfigured... No, she needed formal attire. Plain and simple. Thankfully, word quickly reached her about a padawan who was beginning to make a name for herself as a quite efficient seamstress. Anxieties flooded through Loomi's mind when she made her way to the room of this Thelma Goth character. She didn't take money, right? No, not that Loomi recalled. How was she going to work around... everything. Her prosthetic legs mostly, but the Godoan was scarred in a manner that she didn't find to be too flattering. Maybe she just needed to set aside her fears and get something made for her. Yeah, that was it.

"Hello?" Loomi began, rapping against the door that supposedly belonged to the seamstress. "Is... this where I can have clothes made?"

At the knock on the door, the whirr of the sewing machine ceased. Thelma turned her chair halfway around, pulling the pins from between her lips. "Come in," she said, unlocking the door with a wave of her hand.

The visitor turned out to be a female alien with insectoid features. Her legs were clearly mechanical, and part of her face appeared disfigured.

"Is... this where I can have clothes made?"

"Yes," Thelma replied. "How can I help you?"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"Yes," Thelma replied. "How can I help you?"

"R-right," she nodded. "My name is Loomi. I was... hoping that I may be able to acquire some formal wear. My current clothes aren't exactly suitable for affairs of the sort."

The Godoan took a moment to scan the room, rubbing at her shoulder as she did so. Her antennae flitted about as she assessed the space. It wasn't very large, and seemed to be fully converted into a workshop. It was clear that she very much enjoyed sewing. Loomi could never do such a thing. She figured she was far too uncoordinated to sew.

"I... well... have a few conditions that I need to account for," Loomi continued.

Her yellow face became slightly red with embarrassment. It was pretty clear why. Mechanical legs, mutilated skin. A dress wasn't exactly the most comfortable thing for her to wear, nor the most mobile. She'd be tripping over herself.

"If you don't mind."

The girl seemed a little bit shy and anxious. Thelma could certainly relate. "Hello, Loomi. My name is Thelma," she said. "Sewing formal clothing is the majority of what I do—well, that and repairs. Many Jedi attend special events and social functions these days, and they need to be well dressed."

Loomi mentioned certain conditions, and Thelma was quick to reassure her. "I always try to make people happy and comfortable. What are your conditions, and what sort of garment do you have in mind?"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"My... prosthetics are a bit of a bad combination with anything too long," she stated sheepishly. "And I have a... scar on my lower back from gods know where I'd rather not be seen."

She had pretty much come to terms with her face (at least as much as anyone with no memories could), but she was still trying to work around everything else. It was rough.

Wait, had she mentioned not knowing where the scars came from? Maybe she could just ignore it and completely avoid the topic.

"Is that okay?"

"So, you want something short and loose-fitting?" Thelma asked. "Yes, I should be able to do it. Did you have any particular color or fabric in mind?" The scar on her back was easy to hide; most clothing styles covered that area. "Which gods?" she queried, curious about the expression.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"Something purple," Loomi decided. "Maybe floral."

Yeah, that would be nice. Something that went well with her overall aesthetic. That was good... until it wasn't.

"Which gods?"

"Uh, n-none, I think," she frowned. "It's an expression. Yeah."

That was a terrible deflection. She thought? What the hell was that supposed to mean? Loomi knew what it meant. She had no knowledge of anything before waking up on that pirate vessel that she was aware of. Wait, had she said anything offensive? Like to someone's religion or something?

"That's... not offensive, is it?" the Godoan asked with concern.

"No, I was only curious." Thelma picked up her datapad and began flicking through images of dresses which fit the basic description Loomi had provided. "What about something like this?" she asked, projecting a hologram of a short-skirted gown with a floral design.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"Woah!" Loomi reacted, her antennae curling ever so slightly. "I love that! That would be sweet!"

Suddenly, a strange thought ran through her head.

"I think my mother used to sew dresses," she noted. "I remember she had a dress like this made for..."

Wait, what was she saying? That didn't make any sense. Goosebumps moved in a wave across her back, and for some inexplicable reason tears simply started streaming down her face without warning.

"Aw shucks," she laughed, "Sorry, I don't know what's come over me. That all was a bunch of nonsense."

The Godoan wasted no time clearing her eyes, and suddenly it was as if it had never happened. A blip. Some crack in a defense mechanism that Loomi remained ever oblivious to.

Weird.

"You can ignore that," Loomi insisted. "I think I just made something up."

Thelma paused in her work to watch as Loomi had her fit, though that was only to make sure she was all right. Otherwise she paid it little heed, pretending nothing had happened as requested. "I was taught to sew by the older women of my community," she said. "They had a sewing circle. We made most of our own clothing from scraps of fabric..."

Turning toward the shelves full of bolts of fabric, she picked out various shades of purple in different textures and weaves. "The picture showed a lovely semi-transparent fabric over the skirt. If you're worried about it getting in the way, I can use organza. It's very stiff and should keep its shape rather than drooping."

Loomi Loomi

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"Well, you're right good at it," Loomi complimented. "I don't think I'd have the concentration to do it for a living."

She was already scatterbrained enough as it was. The Godoan would never be able to finish any of the pieces that she set out to start. Thelma then informed her about something they could do to give the dress more form? That's how Loomi understood it, but a lot sorta went over her head. It certainly did sound useful.

"Golly," she exhaled, "That does sound handy... if it can keep the skirt from getting caught in my joints, that would be great."

That was good.

"Y'know, I found out recently that Jedi can make money," the Godoan noted, recalling her outing to Ukatis. That was the case of Tenn Kalos was to be believed. "Why do you work for free?"

Thelma blushed faintly at the compliment. "Thank you."

"That does sound handy... if it can keep the skirt from getting caught in my joints, that would be great."

"That's exactly it. If it's stiff, it won't get caught in your joints." She found some organza, though it was the wrong color. "I'll dye this purple to match the dress."

"Why do you work for free?"

"Technically I don't always work for free. If the commission is more elaborate or they want something specific, I charge money to pay for the proper supplies. I also have clients pay for shipping, if necessary." She folded the cloth she had chosen neatly on her work table as she spoke. "I do it for free because I want people to be happy and feel good about themselves without breaking the bank. I'm fortunate in that everything I need is provided for me here at the Temple. I don't need money, but other people might."

Loomi Loomi

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"That's... that's real swell of you," Loomi responded, a warm smile spreading across her face. "People can be right awful, they can. Selfish types seem to be all over the place. Guess that's why you're a Jedi then, huh?"

The Godoan liked Thelma a lot more now. She much preferred altruistic people. Experience with nasty, selfish people had really not helped Loomi's perception of the Galaxy in the past.

What experience though? Maybe it was another strange event her head had simply made up.

"I'd pay you," she added. "You'd certainly deserve it. I wish I could, but I don't think I've had a single credit to my name ever. Not that I can recall."

"That's... that's real swell of you. People can be right awful, they can. Selfish types seem to be all over the place. Guess that's why you're a Jedi then, huh?"

Thelma seemed to shrug. She didn't really consider the selfishness of other people, only that she ought to use what she had to help others. Even if she wasn't a Jedi, so long as she had a home and food and clothes of her own to wear, she would have done the same.

"Then it's a good thing I don't charge for my services," Thelma said with a little smile. "The dress will be finished within a week. If you need it sooner, I can bump it up my list."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"I don't mind waiting," Loomi insisted. "You aren't chargin', so that's the least of my concerns."

The Godoan was genuinely excited, which was something that she didn't always feel. Maybe she had never felt excitement at all, what with her memory problems.

"Well shoot, maybe you can drop by my place some time," she decided. "I can cook you something up and we can call the gesture even, okay?"

Her tone was very insistent. Loomi was learning to cook while she was in the process of getting her memory jogged, and she was getting pretty good she thought, so it was only fair to return the favor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom