Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Account options

From what I can tell writers on Chaos have the ability to unlink (?) and delete subaccounts, but lack the ability to merge them. I'll admit I have no idea how xenforo works, so if this is out of the question or just not on the table I'm fine with it, but if it's possible I'd like to float by the idea of giving writers the ability to merge subaccounts into their writer accounts (or subaccounts into other subaccounts and so on). I get we can just delete accounts and rename the ones we keep, but as far as I am aware that wouldn't save their posts and so on which is more of what I care about than saving space.

It's more of a security problem. I've instructed Staff not to honor merges because that bypasses the whole renaming issue - Basically, you have people moving posts around accounts so many times, they're morphing the ideas of a Writer account, a Character account, and limitations on naming and renaming those accounts so their history can be tracked by the community to the point that one could achieve pseudo-anonymity.

I'm not accusing anyone, but I think we all know someone who's guilty of it, and are guilty of it ourselves. I've given into it in the past, but the policy has been changed for the future.

Merges aren't honored by this Staff team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom