Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acceptance comes at a price

Naboo, 10:46 p.m.

"See ya later guys!"

"Later Luke!"

Luke laughed and began heading home. He knew he was late, and he was probably going to be grounded for a while. Is it bother him? Nah. He was always getting into trouble for something, so it was nothing new to him. Chuckling to himself, he continued down to his house where his family would be waiting. Something caught his attention though. Something was wrong. The air smelled strange, like something was burning. Then he looked up into the sky, where it had begun snowing. No, not snow. Black ash. "Oh no." Breaking off into a run, he sped off to his house as fast as he could. Minutes later, he stood in front of the burning building, his eyes Welles with tears due to the smoke. "Mom, dad! Emily!" No answers. He couldn't accept it. Running into the building, he searched desperately for his family. "MOM! DAD! EMILY!"

@[member="Xander Carrick"]

In the landscape of the City of Naboo. It was late at night. and a rather nice day out for a small jog. Being only a teen, I may keep a nice and athletic look just because my body has a higher amount of enzymes to digest anything that was not needed. But I wanted to get into a routine since I was with the Fel Imperium. Being as I still liked to move around. I thought the planet of Naboo would be good. K was back at the ship and we would leave as soon as I got back. But that would be alittle later than expected.

I ran into a burning building. I could hear screams of a child, and a older man yelling to get out. I broke into the door, with only the lock broken, I stormed inside. Looking around I could see the living room, and the kitchen were on fire. I heard screaming in the upstairs room. before I could even think I ran up the stairs.

SNAP!

One of the stairs broke under my feet and fell into the flames. Still I pushed on and went into the back. I knocked on the doors as I coughed, The carbon dioxide was hurting my lungs, but the flames could be burning the people inside. At the last door I could hear a woman speak. "Help me!' I tried the handle on the door for it to be to hot. I cursed myself. taking a step back, I kicked in the door. Three more kicks later it finally came off. I could hear another boys cry for his parents and sister. "MOM! DAD! EMILY!" I then yelled to him. "UPSTAIRS!"

I didn't waste any time. Walking into the room I saw a Burning corps and two women. One younger than I was, and the other the Mother. I came to the mother, She pushed me away. and pointed to the girl. I nodded my head. Knowing what she wanted. Rushing over I was about to pick her up when the entire floor beneath us fell.

@[member="Luke Beleren"]

(OOC: Keep in mind, both parents die and his sister disappears. We'll find her sometime after the fire though)

"UPSTAIRS!"

Luke couldn't believe it. Someone was here, another teenager by the sound of his voice. Had he started the fire? Possibly. However, he couldn't think about it now. Making his way to the stairs, Luke began to climb them when he noticed the floor collapse, and his mother, sister, and another male fell down. He choked on his own words, not able to say anything. He had to get to them. But how? Desperately looking around, he tried to ind something that would help him get to his family. "Luke! Help us!" Coughing could be heard. "Mom! I'm trying!" Tears flooded his eyes, this time more from himself than the smoke. He was helpless.

I fell hard on my back as the three of us fell. My world seemed to spin fast. Looking up to the shady figure of a young man about my age, I looked to his sister. I grabbed her hand and yanked her up. I could see the tears on her face, ether from the carbon in the air, or the fear of dying. I looked her in the eyes and spoke. "You are going to get out of here, Okay?" She then nodded as she wiped her eyes. "Good, I'm going to pass you up to Luke and I want you to pull yourself up." I got another nod.

Rushing over to the wall where it was broken, I cupped my hands together. Emily then came and stepped on my hands as I lifted her up to the boy. One he had taken her, I turned around to see the woman with a board over her leg. I rushed over. At first I tried to lift it up with my pure strength, but it didn't work. I could hear groaning over head of me. The ceiling that was once above the floor was going to fall and cave in on me. But I had to get the woman out. She shook her head at me. "GO! Now!" I tried to help more, but I heard cracking. I tried to lift it up again. using the force this time I got the log off of her.

I was then shoved back as the ceiling fell on top of her.

@[member="Luke Beleren"]

Grasping for his sister, Luke held her close for a few seconds before letting we down near the door. "Emily, get out of here! I have to help mom!" The little girl nodded, a brave look on her face. "Help the nice man too!" With that, she ran outside. Breathing a sigh of relief, he turned back just in time to see the ceiling fall on top if his mom. "NO!" Scrambling over to the wreckage, he got his first close glimpse of the other boy. He wasn't much older than himself, but had been doing all he could to help. Struggling to pull up the fallen ceiling, he shouted to him. "Help me!"

Before The boy had even said help me, I had already started to take a step back. I also pushed Luke back and shook my head, I took a second to concentrate, then all of a sudden the boards began to fly off of her. I coughed as the air was thick with smoke. and at last after a few seconds everything was removed from the woman's body. She lay there crippled and broken, but maybe still alive. I then rushed over and picked her up in a fireman's carry. She was fairly heavy, "Get back to the door, I can't lift her alone!" As I walked forwards My foot broke into the crawl space. Quickly I took my foot backout and rushed back to the door. attempting to lift her up into the door.

@[member="Luke Beleren"]

Lingering for a moment, Luke watched his mother being carried by the strange kid, but eventually ran to the door like he was instructed. While at the entrance, he looked outside, where a massive crowd had been gathering. Some were evidently trying to help, but there wasn't much they could do. As the boy inside carried his mother, he would feel the gentle throbbing of the woman's heart begin to die away. By the time he made it outside with her, she would be dead.

We rushed out of the house. I still carried her out side where I could hear sirens in the distance. Looking around I could see people gather and try to help. An older man came up and tried to take the woman from me, I shoved him back and gently laid Luke's mother on the ground. I began doing CPR and try to get her heart started again. I could no longer feel her heart beat. Even when we were in the heat, her skin seemed to be cold to the touch. Even though there was no point in doing it any more, I still tried. Pushing so hard I could feel bones break under her chest.

"Goddamn it! Don't leave me!" Two more pushes, "No!" three more pushes, "You... Need... To... live..."

@[member="Luke Beleren"]

Following the kid outside, he noticed two things. First, he was on top of her, trying to get her to breathe. From recent memory, he could've sworn it was a method called CPR. The next things noticed was that his sister was nowhere to be found. Frantically looking through the crowd, he began asking anyone on the whereabouts of the little girl. "Have you seen a little girl, brown hair and green eyes? Have you... Anybody? Please I need to find her!" The cold night wind stung the fresh cuts on his face as he ran around. He needed to find her.

I could hear the boy yell for his sister, maybe someone would see her. I kept pressing down on the woman's chest. She was long gone, but I was not one to give up. I pushed harder when a medic came up and asked me to move. I ignored him and continued to pound in her chest with all that I had. He told me again to move, I didn't comply, and when I didn't he had three men finally take me off of her. "GODDAMN IT! SHE'S NOT GONE! NO! PUT ME DOWN! STOP!"

I kept fighting against them. I had to save her. I didn't want Duke, or what ever his name was to end up with out a family. Not like I was. I had none, and I had to save her. But she was long gone.

@[member="Luke Beleren"]

Luke was having no luck whatsoever. He was panicking. Running back to the kid, he went to check on his mother. When he arrived, paramedics were there lifting him off, kicking and screaming. Then he had to look down. Where there had once been bright life in his mother, he now only saw stillness and death. "No..." He balled up his fists in a deep rage. He had lost his parents to a fire, and now his sister was nowhere to be found. How could something so horrible happen, when his whole life had been nothing but joy? Luke began walking away when he noticed a deep throbbing pain in his hands. Bringing his fists up, he realized he must have been clenching so hard that he had made himself bleed. It didn't matter though. Nothing did anymore.

I was absolutely done. They were keeping me back, and the kid's hands were bleeding. Even from here I could see the blood drip from his hands. I stopped fighting and just placed my hands down on the men's necks. I pressed hard and they screamed in pain, I then ran towards the boy, Luke, and grabbed his shoulders. "I'm sorry, I tried man, I...." I didn't know what to say.

@[member="Luke Beleren"]

In response, all Luke could do was shake his head. The kid thought it was his fault. "No, don't be. I should've been home sooner. I would have been there to get them out of there, and they would still be with us. It's all my fault, and I have to live with that." Looking up at the kid, he sighed softly and patted his shoulder. "You did good. Not many would have tried to help, you know."

I shook my head, apparently he was not as Phased as I was in the loss of his family. He must be one tough sucker. I let his arm be on my shoulder. and I returned the action with my own. "Alright, well since you need a place to stay, You can come with me after the Police question you." I look behind me to see the EMT shake his head. I knew she was gone now. I could see a Police officer push her way though the crowd of people and come towards us.

Looking back to him I nodded my head, "Xander, and I'm here for you if need be."

@[member="Luke Beleren"]

The truth about Luke, was that he was grieving his family deeply. His pain was unbearable. However, he couldn't let his pain get in the way of anything. There was work to be done. He wasn't sure how, but somehow he knew that his sister was still alive. It was like he could feel it, deep inside. That in mind, he couldn't just break down. He knew that if his mother and father were still alive, they would want him to do the best in his ability to find his lost sister. And that's what he intended to do. Looking over at the kid, he nodded in thanks. As for the police questioning him... he didn't feel comfortable with it. It would only make him sink even deeper, talking about what had already passed. "Let's just go already. I can't bear to be here any longer."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom