Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Academy Days (Prolouge For Assadar)

OOC: So, this is just a little something to get me acquainted with the RP. It will skip through the character's "history" which will be written as I go. Feel free to join in, I'll react. :)

4 YEARS AGO

Assadar looked around uncomfortably. His shuttle, which was taking him to the Sith academy, was filled with eight other recruits, all of them a lot bigger and most of them a fair bit older than he was. The oldest among them looked about 18--there were two or three in this category. There were some who looked only a little older than him but far stockier and more muscly. One of them, a pureblood sith with fiery eyes, was clearly going to be the Alpha male: his ever-present sneer and the cold, superior way he talked made it clear that he thought the others weren't worth the energy it would take to murder them. No doubt he was here by choice--he knew that some people relished the opportunity to become the mindless, uncontrolled killing machines that called themselves Sith. They craved the chance to spill blood, relished the opportunity to gain power over others.

Assadar had spent his last few days in a cell, awaiting transportation to his new home. He remembered how he used to wish for the chance for adventure when his life had all been so comfortable, so safe. Now though, he knew that part of his life was over. Not much was known about the Sith Academy, but the rules were quite clear to everyone in the Galaxy--"kill or be killed."

Just as he finished sizing up each individual occupant of the shuttle--none of whom had spoken on the journey save for the red-skin and those who had quickly decided to become his minions--they descended down, past the ancient temples and looming statues to the landing pad. A few moments later, the doors opened, and the nine apprentices jostled to get out. Assadar waited and got out last--he was in no hurry, but the others pushed him around anyway. After a few moments, he descended the ramp down onto the landing pad. Ahead of him, carved into walls of red rock, was the dark entrance to the academy.

|~Korriban-4 Years Ago|
Jacob had recently joined the academy, he was a hopeful like everyone else that wanted to be a Sith but hadn't been accepted yet. He watched as the newest shuttle to bring hopefuls landed, the first one to exit was a Sith Pureblood, by the looks of him he would be accepted into the academy within a fortnight, but he was more interested in the person who exited last.

Jacob approached the kid and offered his hand "hello, I'm Jacob, who are you?"

@[member="nerdymidgetkid"]

"Assandar, that's a cool name" Jacob said politely and it was a good name, although any other hopeful or Sith would've teased him. There was a moment of awkward silence before Jacob said "so, Assadar what brings you to the Sith Academy on Korriban?"

@[member="Assadar Ilrast"]

"The Sith bring me here." he said simply. "I was a slave on a pirate ship after they raided my home. When they found out I could use the force, they sold me here."

"You're a slave?" asked one of the other recruits snidely. You too I guess, slimeball?" he said, turning to Jacob.

Jacob simply laughed "watch you're mouth recruit, you don't know who you are up against" the recruit was a good one or two inches shorter than Jacob was "and no, I came here by choice and if you are going to attempt to insult me at least do your research and call me 'wolf boy'" Jacob turned back to Assandar and smiled, then whispered "some people these days".

@[member="Assadar Ilrast"]

2 Weeks Later

The Academy turned out much like he'd expected--with bigger, older, tougher kids assailing him from all sides. This was mirrored by the instructors, who found him less than capable with their basic lightsaber drills. Assadar found that most of the sword work focused on brute strength--so most of the recruits excelled at it. The only thing he found he was good at was the application of the force--he was able to lift objects and throw them around with ease while his opponents could barely get them off the ground.
Plus, he had Jacob as a friend. The two were a fairly good pair, and at least together they weren't quite as easy to pick on.

Eventually, they got word: their first trial was about to commence. They were to go into an ancient tomb and retrieve an artifact. Teaming up was encouraged. Backstabbing was encouraged even more. Jacob and Assadar--being of course the least popular--found themselves without a team besides themselves. Everyone had been armed with durasteel swords. Murder was expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom