Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abandoned Relics (PM to join)

Kat'Lariah Syphex

Don't. Even. Think about it.
Kat'lariah leaned back into the leather booth, taking a sip of whiskey as she did so. She'd have to be sure to return to Commenor one day. It was lixurious, but not sickly so. Besides, there were plenty of hyperspace lanes around if she got the urge to make a jump.

Kat found herself at the Sultry Dancer, waiting on her latest client. He'd given her some idea of the nature of her next job but the details still remained vague. Regardless she couldn't help but feel excited contrasting her calm exterior. She had a feeling that this wasn't going to be a normal "get in, get out" kind of job.

[member="Veleon Dooku"]

Force Users for their entire existence have always formed sects and built temples. They would study the ways of the force, gather together their collective knowledge, and create holocrons containing all of it for the sake of future generations. These temples always found themselves destroyed or abandoned or both, and too often their knowledge was left behind in the depths of these very temples. And it was one of these very temples that Veleon had learned about. He did not have any desire to become either a Jedi or a Sith but the potential insight into the workings of the force was too tempting to resist. To this end he had found the name of a person who often did bounty and smuggling jobs to help him.

Veleon had left his custom made ship back at the dockyard and arrived at the Sultry Dancer to meet with his companion for this mission. He walked in wearing a set of sturdy clothing of quality materials with his can in his right hand. His head was covered by a hood and his hands by gloves. No sign of his skin, save his face, was showing at all in fact. He glanced around the room casually until he found the one that fit the description of who it was he was suppose to be meeting. He walked over to [member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"] table after he spotted her in an idle swagger. Each step measured to take the least effort as possible. As he came up he said, " You are Ms. Syphex correct?" He just looked down at her with an expressionless look on his face. His eyes studying her over as if looking for some sign of weakness...or purpose.

Kat'Lariah Syphex

Kat gazed at the man, first indeifferently, then, squinting her eyes slightly, with suspicion. A single hand dropped to the aster, atached to her thigh. Blowing a stray strand of fiery red hair out of her face she said, "Who's asking"

Cloaked men were always bad news as far Kat was concerned. The man, having concealed most of his body, allowing only his face to show carried an air about him that wasnt quite aloof, but not quite humble either. Judging by the cane, the man could be some form of nobility. Either way it didn't matter to Kat. If he was Sith, he was dead. If he was someone looking for trojble, he was dead.

[member="Veleon Dooku"]

Suspicious. Rude. Aggressive. Those were the typical signs of someone who would do lesser work such as bounty hunting and smuggling. This was clearly the person that Veleon was looking for, but her reaching her hand down to her blaster was troublesome. If the girl was so threatened by his approach then there was little use he could get out of her other than what price a drunkard would gleefully pay to undress her....which the thought of disgusted him. Who would want such an unripened fruit, such a tender bud? He certainly did not, but the commoners and even, to his shame, other aristocrats of the galaxy would beg to differ. Such value and importance in 'youth' escaped him.

Veleon just looked [member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"] in an unimpressed gaze as she still had her hand on her blaster. He had seen this behavior enough in his short life already. Perhaps one day people would become more original than preemptively reaching for a weapon that would not help them. Atleast it would not help her if he did wish her harm. He said after several judging moments, " If you wish to know then confirm or deny my question first. I have little time or patience for the thick, and you are currently making me believe you could serve as a frigate hull replacement." He left it off there as he just continued to stare at her. This moment was quickly becoming tedious.

Kat'Lariah Syphex

"And I don't have time for stuck up politicians who don't have a job for me." she fired back, not missing a beat, "And I swear if you even think about that kind of "job"" she glared at him with malice at the word, "I'll fry your gun. Yeah I'm Kat...now who are you." So far, Kat had decided she didn't like the man before her. She didn't take insults well. However, if he had credits she was willing to work out an accord with him. And she was certain a man like this had credits.

[member="Veleon Dooku"]

More aggression. More threats. Continued rudeness. Typical. Veleon was beginning to wonder why he even needed to associate with her type, but he sadly did and had to face it. Practicality had to be the priority to preference, no matter how little he enjoyed that fact. She spouted off the usual "I am so dangerous and you aren't" line then confirmed her identity as who he was looking for. He sighed lightly after hearing her then said, " Now was that so difficult? I am Veleon, your current employer. Do not mistake me for some pitiful politician. They play at power and authority, but I have both by right and privilege. Forget this and threaten me once more and you will wish I felt attraction to such an inexperienced whelp such as yourself." He just glared at her sternly as he finished speaking. He was radiating feelings of dominance and severity through the force at her.

Veleon did both for just a moment then went on, " Now we are wasting time chatting about the unimportant. Let us be off to your ship right away. I will explain the details of the job along the way. Keep up and show due respect, or your pay will suffer. Do not test me on this either, for I have no time for defiance." He then turned around and began to head for the door in measured steps filled with purpose. He didn't wait for her to respond to anything he had to say. There was no need to waste time on the barkings of the small. If she wanted credits, she could earn them simply by doing her job. Or she could lose them by not. It was her choice now, and he could as easily find another pilot on a planet like Commenor.

[member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"]

Kat'Lariah Syphex

The whole while Kat glared at the man. Unbeknownst to her her own Force prescence protected her from the man's amplified air of dominance. Scoffing as her "new employer" turn and walked away she knocked back the remainder of her drink and followed the pompous man.

"You realize that "right and privlege" doesn't have much meaning to people like me." she said when she caught up to him, her leather jacket tossed over her shoulder. "What's this job anyways? Smuggling or a hunt?" she inquired.

[member="Veleon Dooku"]

The walk was peaceful and proper, but that suddenly changed when [member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"] began to speak to him. It seemed she valued credits over pride, if not as much as she should have when she began to speak. The questions were welcomed and productive, but the statement before them was a waste of her own energy. She knew less than she thought it seemed and didn't understand the position she was in. He would need to correct this soon or the whole affair could be in danger of her overstepping. And Veleon didn't want to smack a woman, even though he would to make his point known to one who showed as much grace as a bloated bantha on a shaky shuttle.

Veleon stated in a casual yet matter-of-fact tone, " 5% reduction of payment. Next time I will not be so lenient when you speak back to me. The questions are the only thing that mattered in what you had to say. And to answer them we are going to Cato Neimodia to see what we can discover in an abandoned temple there. We are smuggling ourselves and hunting for whatever we can find. I suggest you find someway to cover your face to hide your identity. Jedi tend to be tender when it comes to their temples." Everything was explained and he didn't need to waste more time explaining. Why it was so hard for her to not speak was beyond him. Silence was aurodium after all, and a rather easy feat to accomplish. Hopefully she would learn this without wasting too much more of their time.

Kat'Lariah Syphex

Kat glared at the man as soon as her said, "Five percent reduction of payment." She said nothing in response however. She needed what ever credits she could get right now, even if they came from the righteous man before her.

"Cato Neimodia? The Jedi had a temple there?" she said in surprise. "I'm surprised that the Jedi put up with those slimy bosh'tets...even with their 'never harm a soul' poodoo." This job was becoming less and less appealing at every second. And that was saying something considered Kat didn't like the job the first second she'd be taking a job from him. She wished she'd just blasted him the moment he stepped into that blasted cantina. Commenor, off the bucket list.

[member="Veleon Dooku"]

The woman held her tongue this time around, and even though Veleon wasn't looking at her he could tell she wanted to say something. The slight shift in her physical language that he could hear gave that away. That was a good sign. Talking lead to terrible things. He was well aware of that having come from Serenno where duels got sparked off a single word spoken without any real intent to insult, despite them officially being banned. Too much information was given away to the wrong people and too much political back and forth happened because of words. It was why his homeworld's "ruling" caste was so irrelevant in Veleon's opinion.

Then she asked some more questions, and they were legitimate. He was pleased she was making the dialogue productive instead of wasteful and tedious. He said to her in response as he continued on his way towards the dockyard in the lead, " A surprise but yes. It is no wonder it is abandoned with that planet's history. And Jedi are hypocrites. Never forget this. They have historically been active in more wars and conflicts than even the Sith. A Jedi is nothing more than a warmonger who pushes peace as a cover. If we run into any in the temple do not doubt they will be hostile." That last bit was only half true, but it was better she expected conflict. If she was suspicious of them going in then she would be more likely to draw on them and they would be less likely to fail in their purpose.

[member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"]

Kat'Lariah Syphex

Kat noticed that the man was strong in his opinions. Actually she noticed that when he opened his mouth the first phriking time. But the Jedi seemed to be a particular subject with him. Not only this but his words seemed to indicate he expected something else at their destination. "I'm guessing you're not their biggest fan huh? If this place really is abandoned as you say, the odds of seeing any Jedi should be relatively low anyways right?" she prodded, "I'm just saying cause if theirs a chance that temple is still occupied I wanna know. Don't get me wrong I'll still take the job, but its best to be prepared...plus my rate might go up cause pissing off a Force User is always a bad idea..."

[member="Veleon Dooku"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom