Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Aal'run Flower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
6B5ckt7.png

Image credit: Black Rose Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh!

Name: Aal'run Flora

Designation: Non-Sentient, Sentient (Hive-Mind), Vong-Shaped, Flora
Homeworld: Varies (Created on Echidna)
Language: Coos and Purrs
Average height of adults: 3.05 meters
Skin color: Maroon to Dark Brown
Hair color: Blood Red (extremely rare mutations of Azure or Light Pink (ask permission first))
Breathes: Type-I to Type-III, Carbon Dioxide

Strengths:
  • Lightsaber-Resistant Scales: The scale-like petals of the Aal'run are thick and heavy biological wonders similar to Vonduun shell. They are able to withstand significant amounts of blunt force while also being more flexible than crab shell. Each scale could easily shrug off light blaster fire and it would take a few consecutive hits of a saber or a protracted cut to slice through one. The scales along the underside of its neck and stomach, running down its tail are much harder and twice as strong, making them valuable for use in armor. They are conversely twice as heavy and inflexible as well.
  • Tendrils of Undoing: Underneath the fanned arms of the Aal'run are two long, retractable vines on each side. These vines are covered in hard bone-like spines which can easily cut into flesh. When used like a whip, these vine-like arms can cause serious damage to unarmored targets and even wrap around armor, slowly constricting it with the force of ten men. Their tail is a similar, larger appendage which cannot wrap around an object but is capable of swinging with bone-crushing force. Finally, their bipods are also thickened vine-like apparatuses which are used to walk or root itself. The vines are not lightsaber resistant.
  • Sweet Scent: Because they are carnivorous predatory plants, Aal'run generate a special saliva which has an incredibly strong, honeyed rose-like scent. This saliva is actually a rouse, luring potential pray close to the confines of the creature, which will then entangle it with its vine limbs and slowly crush. This substance has special enzymes that enter the bloodstream and attack key locations in the brain responsible for interpreting fear. Without minutes, its prey all but forgets the danger they are in while the plant does away with them as a quick meal.
Weaknesses:
  • Fire: Because of their plant-like nature, Aal'run can burn - especially in dry or arid environments, where the fluid retained in them is limited.
  • Grounded: The arms of the Aal'run are mostly for glamour and ruse, the large creature technically unable to fly. These are mostly to attract prey and to shield the creature's weaker undersides where its vines emerge. However, if the Aal'run were to fall, these arms could be used as a sort of parachute to slow its descent to a potentially non-lethal rate.
  • Eyes Set to Stun: The Aal'run have a very limited need for strong vision. Their eyesight is generally weak and their color spectrum dulled. They are able to see in infra-red scales to a degree which humans cannot, useful in seeing their carbon dioxide breath to identify when prey is near. However, they are somewhat nearsighted and cannot see further than fifty feet away clearly.
  • Non-Sensitivity: Aal'run, Vong-Formed beings, are Force-dead and cannot naturally use the Force. Likewise, they are invisible to the Force and can only be detected through techniques such as the White Current and Vong Sense.
Distinctions: Aal'run are Vong-Shaped flora with incredibly limited individual sentience. They are carnivorous, luring their prey in the same way earthen carnivorous plants do. They can go for weeks without meat food, living off of only sunlight and water, so long as they remain immobile. Aal'run start off very small, growing as bulbous shells from the ground which only bloom when their body is fully developed. They first birth blind, tiny figures as small as a conventional rose. Over the next hundred years, their bodies slowly develop until they are the size of a fully grown adult member. Over the next three hundred years, they continue in good health and only in their last century of life does floral decay set in, where they slowly wither and die much like a flower though prolonged. Upon death, Aal'run make compost that is actually toxic to the growth of natural floral life. What is unique about their slow but steady growth rate is that a Shaper Adept can stunt their growth at any set point with small but complex alterations, confining them to a set size for the remainder of their lives. This technique is a high-level cortex procedure and is often done to produce concealed or even decorative effects that can be turned into potent little backup weapons or protective pets. Aal'run do not sexually reproduce. They are asexual creatures and reproduce through pollination, similar to a conventional flower. This can occur at any point in their lives so long as they have already bloomed out of their first year as a bud. Reproduction is annual, and depends solely on the seasonal cycle of the world they are inhabiting. They are an invasive but slow-spreading species whose numbers grow in very small quantities even when grouped by the masses. A hive-mind takes years to develop and requires many members of a Field, however this can be sped up greatly with the help of a Yammosk and a Master Shaper. Doing this is very taxing on the shaper, limiting its use to only one or two per continental region.

Average Lifespan: ~500 Galactic Standard Years
Races: Red (Common), Light Pink (Uncommon), Azure (Rare), Liquorish (Unique)
Diet: Carnivorous
Communication: Verbal, Telepathic (if hive minded)

Culture: Aal'run Flora have strange social rules. On the individual level, they can live singularly and continue to thrive. They can live in solitude without any recourse to their instinctual behaviors. They congregate like plants, continuing to reproduce in an area until they have covered the region. When enough come together, however, something strange happens; the Aal'run naturally elect the founding or eldest member of the congregation to a hive-mind being. Slowly, the collective consciouses of the group contribute to the one, forming a sort of intelligence as the central member evolves. This is presumed to occur around approximately seventy to a hundred members called a Field, and can take up to three years from process start to finish. Once a Field has gained a hive-mind, that member becomes sentient, able to think for the collective whole so long as they remain stationary and within planetary range. Commands and information is exchanged telepathically across the group, and the hive-mind individual is even able to communicate with other life forms through telepathic thought which translates to that individual's language. It takes an incredibly influential hive-mind to do this effectively.

Technology level: Aal'run do not have technology of any kind, though a minded Field may very well be capable of labour under a willing hive-mind.

General behavior: Aal'run live to hunt. They are incredibly patient predatory plants who can move on bipedal roots at a rate of up to 16 kilometers per hour when fully grown (speed and strength scales down with size on a 1:1 ratio). Most will find a suitable location to settle, and remain in one small area for very long periods of time until food crosses their path. They will wait out their prey, using their surreal beauty and strong scent to attract them, then entangle them once they are within reach. When pray is scarce, they take the time and energy stored to migrate to a new location where food is more readily available. One instinct hard-coded into every Aal'run is the ability to distinguish the one who created their progenitor as friend and not prey, thus they will never attack Lady Xyhn unless provoked or if hive-minded, persuaded with very valid and compelling rationale.

History: Aal'run Flowers as they are dubbed, are the shaped productions of Ashelotte Saybin Malfrost (Now Aynea Xyhn... again) upon her separation from the Horde. A misleadingly compassionate and fearless family-dedicated individual with a strong soul, Lady Xyhn had naturally shaped the species of vicious carnivorous flora in her daughter's image. After slight trial and error, and plenty of exploration for suitable component biologies, the vixen had felt her final creation perfected and readied them for the life ahead of them. Starting with the very first two Blossoms, they pollenated with each other and had eventually developed several more small Aal'run Buds. One of the two original specimens - the second to be shaped - was altered to retain its relatively small size and kept as both a pet and hair ornament. The rest would eventually see use in the Horde's quest to scour and raze the galaxy clean of heretics with their alluring, misleading ways. The remainder simply continued to live as they were.

Notable Player-Characters: None to Note
Intent: I felt like making a carnivorous floral race in the image of my character's daughter because its creator has full access to all shaper things and was, at the time, a leader under Dredge. We don't have any floral creatures on this site to my knowledge so I thought this would feel right at home. The name does, in fact, derive from "Alraune" the floral demon of German mythos.

Update: This has been second chanced by the former admin and requested for a development thread be done for it to be allowed. I have three and one half. Also, this was already nerfed as per all the former judgement requests.

This is actually a really nice submission... I like the idea of a mobile carnivorous plant. A few quick things, and you're good to go.

You don't have to edit this, but I'm just letting you know; In real life, the sweet smell carnivorous plants generate is for attracting insects. Dosen't really attract anything else. I do like the fear-erasing venom though.

I have a question; They're resistant to lightsabers, which are solid bars of superheated plasma, but vunerable to fire? :p

I'd like to see another weakness in there, as well, if they're resistant to lightsabers. The force-dead thing is more a strength then a weakness...

This looks like a very interesting species. I look forward to seeing it in action. :)

[member="Countess Xyhn"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Mrrew"]
Danke.

Does being stupid because, plant, count as a weakness? I feel like that's a default weakness.

Seriously. It's a plant. The kinds of people who should be dying to this...

...are the equally unintelligent ones. You'd have to literally be dumb enough to walk by and not notice the handful of giant beast-shaped plants for that.

It's like; shoot a gun at it, problem solved? :3

Well, they are plants that can move, and plants that are resistant to lightsaber strikes. If lightsabers don't hurt them... blaster bolts wont either. And it sounds like slugthrowers may have a problem with it, too. If i'm wrong, please clarify. :p

(Also, they're resistant to lightsabers, but vunrable to fire?)
[member="Countess Xyhn"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Mrrew"]
They're primarily stationary creatures. They move when they're starving, but they're clumsy and lumbering(ish), not cheetas. They have crap eyesight, lol. If anything, the limited lightsaber-resistance is so they don't become immediately victimized by "lololololol spaic majic glow stick of doom" and thus rendered useless and extinct. Let's face it. Nobody is going to thread walking through the woods and getting eaten by this.... Unless it's written voluntarily.

Like, I want to say I'll edit it if I have to, but that's really their only trump card.

(And Star Wars/Maalraas/Vonduun logic.)

Edit: PS - And it didn't say ligtsabers and blasters couldn't hurt them, it said it would take a few strikes to go through, lol; ergo, no insta-kill.

Fair enough. And i'm not paticularly worried about people getting eaten by them, I just want to make sure they make sense. :p

To my knowledge, both Malraas and Vonduun crab armor would be fireproof, or at least fire resistant... If they're resistant enough to fire to be perfectly fine when they're bashed with a bar of superheated plasma that can instantly melt many metals, fire isin't really much of a weakness, is it? Correct me if i'm wrong. I apologize for questioning.

[member="Countess Xyhn"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Mrrew"]
Yeah but only parts of them are scaled with the rest being regular plant and Star Wars isn't always the most logical thing and right now I really wanna go to sleep. ;n;

Besides, they're not lightsaber-proof so in that case they're not fire-proof either? *shrugs*

Just because Star Wars can be illogical at times, dosen't mean species submissions shouldn't be. That's like saying I'm going to make a species that can belch lava and urinate liquid nitrogen, because space magic and glowsticks. :l

However, with the knowledge that it's not entirely fireproof; Approved Pending secondary. Abuse and suffer.

[member="Countess Xyhn"]

I'm not hugely thrilled by the dev thread being incomplete or by some of the special Vong features here.

However, I'm going to give you a spot of trust here, [member="Countess Xyhn"], abuse it with severe consequences.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom