Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply A Wookie In Need

Irvelghrikk

I

jeditemplebanner.png

Temple Library, Jedi-Temple, Coruscant . . .
The Kashyyyk Viper
div-purple.png

The Tall figure of an individual approached the historically premier site which was the Great Jedi Temple. Halting in its steps, the individual raised its furry hands to remove the hood which sinked its face away from viewing - the face of a Wookie appearing; erratic, an oddity, two words to describe the now aged Irvelghrikk , it was an entire century since the Master dared to step back on the world of Coruscant and more so in relation to returning to the Jedi Order.

Grunting, he stared into the skyline - everywhere he gazed a light there was not, flying-vehicles blocking it, a sign perhaps, he couldn't tell whether the loss of the perfect Coruscanti Sunset was because of the rapid deterioration which can with the rampant spread of the now regulated system of capitalism or the paradox which was the darkside decided to cast its shadow over the world, though he believed it was a mixture of both. Proceeding up the steps, he'd be halted by Temple Security, an automated force, a low growl exiting his gullet as a probe-bot began a quick scan . . .
DATABASES CONFIRMED: "Welcome Home, Master Irvelghrikk." the group moved out of his way, a suprised look fixed on most of their faces - was it because he was a Wookie? questions, so many there was.

<"...Progression, Liberation - Food...More Padawans...Home."> The Master said in his native language, he twirled and closed his eyes before opening them and heading further into the temple, his home away from home, the temple library, a location where he spent day and night updating the temple databases, where laughter unrestricted was shared with his Old Dashade Master, an individual which he missed, where he spent his years fussing with his Padawan - and the location where he talked with his padawan last before leaving.

Ruffling his face, he spoke out in Xaczik, a more unknown Wookie language - a test of sorts or perhaps not,
<<"I am in dire need of assistance, hello?!">>
He exclaimed loudly, a smile appearing yet fading in a instance, a hint of sadness gripping at his heart - he wondered whether the Order held the same strict regulations upon yelling in the temple library as it did when he was younger, of course being he as a self-proclaimed youth revolutionary never thought to abide by them. Though besides the point, he was in actual need of assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another furry creature seemed to look up from within the library, seeming to have been surrounded by Holocrons. A Cathar, though a strange one with a tail that seemed to flicker about as she stood, looking to the robed wookie with a confused pout.

"Um...hello?"

She didn't speak wookie, and she considered maybe it was time to learn the language now that there was one shouting into the halls of the temple library. Given he was wearing jedi robes, she guessed he was friendly, but her old instincts did have her hand on one of her katana hilts.

Irvelghrikk

Irvelghrikk

I

jeditemplebanner.png

Temple Library, Jedi Temple, Coruscant
The Kashyyyk Viper
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si
div-purple.png

The Wookie Master turned to meet the hero to his request, his eye meeting this individual - A Bothan? No, Cathar. During his spiritual journey the Master came across many species, and of the many were the Cathar Species who always carried themselves in contrast with Irvelghrikk's personal views. Moving on, the towering wookie reached out with his furry hand - his face stony, proper manners was what he thought. <"Hello, I am Master Irvelghrikk - former Librarian's aide and Librarian to this very temple. I am in need of assistance, do you know or have heard of a Dashade by the name of Luk Katel? A very old man."> The Wookie questioned, he pondered on the subject of his master - of course the Dashade species weren't immortal and lifespans were comparable to the average Humanoid but you never know in this galaxy.

<"My Manners, what is your name as well my friend?"> He finished, his eyebrow raising in a complexed look, hopefully this individual understood the words he was speaking, he expected no less from a member of the order to which she seemed like, education was something valued in the order - and understanding other languages could enhance performance. He also caught glimpse of her combative readiness; her mind was probably congested with thoughts whether negative or positive the Wookie assumed.

Irvelghrikk

I

jeditemplebanner.png

The Kashyyyk Viper
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si
div-purple.png

<"Unfortunately my vocal cords are unique in the manner of disallowing me from speaking any other languages without assistance...A problem indeed, but follow me- I'm sure there is a dusty Temple-Computer somewhere around here."> The wookie declared in a soft and educational tone, there was some form of enhancements which came with being of his species though his disadvantages were hefty. Waving the Cathar along he proceeded to talk about the temple library, his mind wandering for some moments. <"I knew a Cathar Jedi, didn't look much like you - more bulwark like, if I asked him for help he'd shrug his shoulders...Old chap, hopefully he reached his goals."> He muttered to the Cathar Jedi.

<"Ah!! There it is...Come, Come!"> The Master would sit in his chair, typing into the Net-Translator: ["Have you heard of a Dashade Master by the name of Luk Katel? Or perhaps another Jedi, Master Z'abeo Durakai?"] He proceeded to type in Galactic Basic, understanding the vocabulary of the language. His apprentice had promise, and Irvelghrikk assumed he rose to the rank of Master, hopefully - it had been so long.

["Can you tell me inform me on current events? I know the basics, Imperial-Regimes, Corporations, who sits on the council? Battlemaster? Master of the Order? Pardon my lack of knowledge...I'm not too read up, I've traveled the backwater worlds of the galaxy, it is best for a Jedi to remain quite reclusive until needed."] Master Irvelghrikk questioned, his journey to achieve spirituality caused him to close himself off from most politics and bureaucracy, he didn't care to keep up on who held ranking in the order.

The cathar followed curiously, smiling as soon as she could understand the wookie "...I don't know any masters, but I do know that there was a war with the Maw recently. The current council, at least the one's I've met consists of Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , and Amani Serys Amani Serys . I think there are two more, but I haven't met them yet." She rubbed the fur on her chin, "I know Valery is the battlemaster, but Master of the Order I think is just kinda up in the air. A lot of stuff kinda fell to the wayside with the Maw's attack. From what I understand, we're still recovering. I'm Jonyna by the way, I didn't catch your name..."

Irvelghrikk

Irvelghrikk

I

jeditemplebanner.png

The Kashyyyk Viper
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si
div-purple.png

Irvelghrikk stared with a neutral face as the Cathar spoke, gripping his chin as the Knight spoke of the incumbent council members, names he wasn't familiar with; Two members of the Noble Family? How intriguing he thought, a rarity to find two individuals interconnected to wield knowledge and power of such heights which could be deemed necessary to sit on the Council. ["The Maw...I have some knowledge on them, rebellious group of parasites I must say."] He typed, a mood switch was in the air - his way of words and stare seemed to produce the feeling of distain, which was a truth, he held quite radical views on how to deal with the Dark Side and wielders of it...Perhaps that was why he was sent to Mustafar under the guise of a Watchmen Position.

["Besides that! Jonyna? A wise name for a friendly individual. I am Irvelghrikk of Kashyyyk."] It translated, he wasn't a Master in the Traditional Sense of interaction - less controlling if one might say. ["Tell me Jonyna, can you describe to me the Jedi Councilors as individuals? Their views..Are they rigid? Political? I don't mean to be an annoyance, I simply have questions- many questions."] He translated.

["And oh!! Please, tell me about yourself - as a person of course, history and more...Your philosophy and views on the Force and life as a whole?"] He finished, he wanted to get a general understand of how Jedi in this generation operated and who would be the best to ask but a Knight of the Order?

Jonyna couldn't help but let out a light chuckle. "Well, the ones I've met are nice. Val and Kahlil are quite the power couple. Fire and Ice, Sword and Shield. Amani is a great teacher. Jasper's a good friend and smarter than I'll ever be. I don't bother myself with politics too much, but I know they're pretty intertwined with the GA from what I understand. I've only been around for...3 months now? I'm...from a different time." She couldn't help but frown. "I'm, well, technically 927 years old. Fought a witch that froze me and my crew back during the Imperial era, just before what would be known as the Battle of Yavin. As for my philosophy..."

The cathar took a moment to ponder that. She'd never been asked directly what her thoughts on the force were. "Mine are a bit odd, by jedi standards. Cathar are trained from birth to control our emotions, else we become predators by our nature. We're supposed to be better than mindless hunters. And...that's kinda how I see the Force. An animal, just as capable of being befriended as mauling you to ribbons. The Light side, as we traditionally call it, is just the soft side of the animal. The Dark Side, it's claws and fangs. Capable of Evil, yes, but not evil by default. It's how you use it." She unsheathed a claw from her hand to demonstrate. "Life is much to same. I can use this claw to strip leather, to cut leaves and make rope. It can be used to be productive. But it can also maim. Rip flesh and murder in cold blood." She frowned. "It's not your claws that make you evil. It's what's in here." She poked her chest, "And in here." She brought a hand up to her head, tapping it. "I came from a time where people who were truly evil were in charge. Who hunted people like me like I was a Womprat and they were a Tusken. It was a game to them. That's evil, to me. Do Good. Protect the Innocent. Find Balance in life and love. That's what I've always believed in my-"
She used a word in Cathar. Could be translated to 'Soul' or to 'Heart'. Either worked. It's true meaning meant something closer to 'Core'.

Irvelghrikk

Irvelghrikk

I

jeditemplebanner.png

The Kashyyyk Viper
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

div-purple.png
Master Irvelghrikk stared silently as she described the New Jedi Council to him, fire and ice - a teacher, a comrade with a great brain, quite intriguing was all he could think; ["If they are what you describe them to be, I am in utter conviction that this Order is in good hands."] He commented, a smile appearing - one must question everything, and to take words for face value would be entirely too foolish though he kept his thoughts to himself. ["Some time before the Battle of Yavin! You are a living relic..I assume you saw the rise of Totalitarianism, survived the fall of the Great Old Order, how...fascinating - you must be destined for greatness for it seems you have no side-affects from being frozen."] The master took note of her frown, intending to cheer her up with some commentary more so avoiding to pry to deep into her past.

As the Cathar explained her philosophy, Irvelghrikk thought deeply on her words - she blended her views of the Force with her cultural views, something which was notable amongst many alien Jedi in circumstances of actually understanding there people.
["Your views are quite insightful and wise as you are."] He did a slight bow. ["You informed me on your views and now I shall comply. I believe that the Force in itself is to be released from viewing of dichotomy, whether secular philosophical interpretation or devout interpretation - one must be syncretic, dark or light it is not but simply a spectrum - absolutism is but a ideal to which one must refrain from."] He paused for some minutes, rubbing his chin as continued to think upon the subject.

["When investing into the Light or Dark, the Jedi Vanguard were too rigid, perfection is an absurdity and to attack the Hedonistic nature of an individual is foolish, the morality of an action and morality to which is believed when using what is the dark side should be contingent on an action's outcome or consequence, good nor evil the force is, the Force is but a faming tool or weapon under different circumstances. It is not a truth value but relative forms of them, because people you and I, wield this tool as we are bonded by a code of Ethical-Altruism though that in itself is relative to social, cultural, personal, or other circumstances. Do as the Tionese do when in Tion, do as the Witch does when in Dathomir - and so I do as the Jedi does for now - to act as a bastion of righteous law and goodness in the galaxy..Until otherwise."] He finished, sighing heavily.

["Do not take me for a Moral Nihilist either, hehehe, I simply believe the Force is intensely complex for the average individual to understand, it depends, which depends, which then depends if you understand.] He finished, whether this was his truth or not was only for him to know. ["Quite the interesting conversation, do you have any questions for me?"] He finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
That cathar looked a little stunned at how eloquent the wookie was. Much more eloquent than she ever could be. While Jonyna could never be accused of being stupid, uneducated was definitely one of her lesser qualities. A lot of what was said when over her head, though she seemed to do her best to keep up. For a moment, she missed Hep. He'd probably understand all this.

Questions. That was a good question. What question did she have?

"...what does it take to become a jedi master exactly? I never got the chance to really talk to any back when I'm from, and I haven't had the chance to sit down with Valery to really talk with her..."

Irvelghrikk

Irvelghrikk

I

jeditemplebanner.png

The Kashyyyk Viper

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si
div-purple.png

The Wookie took note of her stunned stare, his words being a shocker which most likely came from the stereotype surrounding his species as brutes; simply smiling. She complied with his request, a question, What Makes a Jedi Master? He pondered the question, what should he say he thought? ["...According to the credentials of the order, a Jedi Master becomes one through wisdom - through pursuit of knowledge and achieved knowledge, not only must one master the art of knowledge but they must show mastery in general. They must be leaders, and train a padawan to knighthood, and to which they are analyzed by the Council...Though, that is the Order's view."] He said, bowing his head as he stared away from the Jonyna, he contemplated something unspecified - the aura he produced was something of oddity, quite a mixture of feelings.

["Wise Paladin Jonyna...What do you wish to know? My views on the matter aren't...Quite orthodox if one might say, to become a True Jedi Master one must pursue power, pursue hedonism - pleasure, one must dwell..In the dark arcane arts alongside those of the light and pursuit of spirituality. He paused to tap her forehead. Think for yourself young one, you know deep in your mind - your realm what it means to be a Jedi Master...Embrace all, good or evil, and act as an absolute ruler over ones self, will yourself to total power and with that power use it for what you believe a Jedi Master does."] He finished, standing up and walking over to the book section though he let her get any questions or commentary in.

"...my dream, at least, in my head, is that one day I'll lead all this. Become the Grandmaster. If that means I need to understand what the Force really is, then I'll do that. If that means throwing away my morality..." She paused. She was on the verge of saying she would, but... "...I don't know if I could do that. From when I'm from, that's all I had. A sense of being the good guy in a world of bad guys. Helping those who couldn't themselves. And now...that's all I have left. All my friends are dead, all my family are long gone, anyone still carrying my blood is so far disconnected from me, I can't call them family. At the end of the day, I just...wanna be the hero the galaxy needs. You said that I saw the rise of the Empire and the fall of the old order. But..." She frowned. "I didn't. I was 3 when that all happened, on my way to the temple to become a youngling when everything went to shit. I only remember running for my life. What I do remember is a world without heroes. A world without hope. If I could be that hope, then I could make the world a better place. Fix it. I can't imagine throwing that hope away to become something I'm not."

Irvelghrikk

Irvelghrikk

I

jeditemplebanner.png

The Kashyyyk Viper
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si
div-purple.png
The Master listened quietly as the Cathar responded; was she right? To throw away morality an individual should not? Lowering his head, he thought away - maybe, maybe not, when all ends maybe this Knight understood the crucial needs that the Galaxy demanded.

["I believe...You should...Stand on those views. You wish to become the Grandmaster of this Great Order, keep to your tenants but don't let them restrict your progression, Paladin Jonyna."] He typed, his aura now stern, quite the character she was - to become the Grandmaster was incredibly challenging but he held the belief that anything was possible in this Galaxy.

["But realize. At times, as History has foretold over and over, a leader must be decisive - if you become the Grandmaster, retain your values of hope and harness it for good, but you must be flexible for the greater good...Some decisions are unthinkable for most Jedi but must be done."] He paused now ["Look around this library for lore, read up on an individual by the name of Lord Revan and the Jedi-Crusaders, they are quite intertwined with the Cathar in relation to...Mandalorians."] He finished, walking away and further into the dark library.

<"Seek out the Dark Side and tame it as you'd tame a beast. In the end I hope you are correct but one can only assume, some groups must be respond with equal brutality: Sith, Galactic Criminals, Warrior cultures such as the Mandalorians.."> He exclaimed, his voice which echoed now returning; he had switched to his native language which she didn't understand, this choice on purpose.

<"Here it is, Knight Jonyna."> He stated, inserting a data-chip into the computer as a Holographic-Collection with an retro republic logo appeared on the screen, ["The Great Mandalorian Wars, The Pius Dea Crusades, The Warlordism of Xim the Despot and his expansionism against the Hutts...Jedi Grandmasters, Masters, Authors. To be a Grandmaster, one must make sure, and I repeat make sure that they are well read on the galaxy's history."] He stood, and pointed at the computer screen, walking deep into the library once more until he was needed - he pondered who the current Librarian was, it seemed that everything was kept updated daily which was quite the task.

Jonyna blinked at the thought. Do things that were unthinkable to the jedi? She had long thought herself much more than just a jedi, but now in this new era, she was also desperate to impress those around her. Valery Noble Valery Noble and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble stood as the immeasurable figures that she aspired to be. Doing something that would anger them...

She shook her head, watching the old data-chips contents with all the attention she could give. She wanted to be the grandmaster someday. She wanted to be a hero. If this is what she needed to know, then she'd learn it.

Irvelghrikk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom