Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A windy forecast

In the massive dessert of the dune sea, the distant sound of a speeder could be heard. The source: a lone man, cloaked in deep brown robes with light armor plating. His purpose: to find an ancient relic that had been lost to the sands for centuries. No one knew of it's power, or exactly what it was. He was here to find out just what. Stopping at a small shack, the man dismounted and walked inside. Upon entering the small building, he was faced with a lowly jawa merchant. "Hello, friend", Xardus spoke as he unstrapped his goggles. "You wouldn't happen to have a recently updated topography map of the dune sea would you?" A quick nod and quick jibberish came as a reply, and the little merchant scuttled off, only to come back a few minutes later with a roll of paper. Knowing that Jawas were mostly traders and had little use for credits, Xardus fished through his cloak and produced a few scraps of Magnus metal, an alloy that he had aquired a few months back. "Very strong", he said as he placed the pieces on the table. More jittering, and another nod. "My thanks." Picking up the map, he walked back outside and opened it up.

@[member="The Forecaster"]

Again she stood on the sand that once soaked with the blood of both her master and the criminal who killed her family. She wad meditating. Standing in the small wind, sand rushing against her clothing. Silently, she watched the sand flow. She was at this small rest stop, taking a break before going back to her shuttle to leave for her next bounty job.

She turned and saw a man leave, he was holding a map. Whoever he was she could sense him through the force. She smirked. Slowly making her way over she spoke to him, "Destiny speaks to me- I am her prophet. She has mentioned to me in dreams yet here you stand." Forecaster stopped in front of him. "My name doesn't matter. Just call me Forecaster." Leaning in closer she spoke more, "This one is neither dark nor light. I ask why? The force selects many to be her instrument, but she chooses some to be her; to help shape the history of the galaxy, such as Anakin Skywalker reformed the Empire and his son, Luke, brought back the Republic. Then some are just the in-between. No masters though, only one and he has passed from this world. So I ask, why be the in-between that will never find peace?"

@[member="Xardus Folidaar"]

Xardus raised an eyebrow and turned to face the girl who had spoken. "Can I... help you in any way?" He knew exactly what she meant when she spoke about 'being in between', and he didn't like it. The fact that she had sensed his discomforting past had unsettled him. "Are you sure a young girl like yourself should be out here in the middle of the dune sea? It's a very dangerous place, and bandits could come from anywhere." The man discreetly raised his defenses, in a way that she wouldn't sense it. If the girl who called herself 'The Forecaster' was here to take his life, she would have a hard time doing so.

She smirked. "I do not fear. Fear is just a concept taught the young so that they stay in line under the powers."

Slightly stepping back she spoke more, her tone growing more and more sinister with each word. "You are Xardus Folidaar- Rogue Knight and a man who was exiled, from what exactly remains clouded. Regardless, you know the foundation of the in-between. I seek guidance."

Clearly, this girl wasn't getting it. "Look, I don't know who you think you are, but you obviously aren't getting the message. You don't just prod into people's heads and expect them to help you. Especially not on Tatooine." He began to walk out of the shop, the map crumpling in his increasingly tight grip. His other hand, he realized, had begun to spark with electricity. Taking a deep breath, Xardus calmed himself down a little. When the sparks subsided back into his palm, he turned to face the girl once more. "I'm not the best to train you. I understand your need to learn, but i'm just not the right person. I have my own issues."

She shook her head at his answers. "You were trained by the one known once as Darren Onyx, now called, simply, Onyx."

She could see his electricity and knew he was trying to calm down. "He is the descendant of Revan, one of the greatest the force selected. Please, you must have learned something from him."

"I learned calm." Xardus looked across the dessert as he spoke. "I idolized him, as I did Revan, and he helped me. He... he showed me the true light of the force." He shook his head. "It's nothing to you. If you knew either of them, you know that it's too late for them. Their time has passed, and now everyone turns to me simply because I was trained by one of the best."

Forecaster shook her head. "I, a apprentice, have learned a lesson you seemed to have either never learned or forgotten." She let that sink it momentarily before continuing. "They are not gone- they are here with us through the force."

Turning heel she started to leave the man. She was upset. She came here seeking guidance and the teacher wasn't up to it. It didn't matter though. She could always search for another master.

A small gleam shone in Xardus's eye then. Apparently, she did in fact know more than she was letting on. However, he continued to keep up the act. "If you think they're still around, why don't you try to ask them for guidance? They know more than me, you, and half the galaxy combined. If they still had any connection to the galaxy, it wouldn't be in the mess it's in now." To add effect, he scowled at his own comment.

Forecaster stopped. Turning she could see his eye movement change. She, however, also had the same idea in mind; she decided to keep herself on her current path. "They will not teach anymore. They have no reason to teach, for they have already become masters." Forecaster started making her way back to him, slowly and steadily. All the while she spoke: "However they left you... Onyx left you. He only ever taught two students. You and a young girl who has recently passed away. You are the only one to carry on his legacy." Forecaster knew she was winning this argument. But she wasn't stupid. She would continue to attack until she ensured her victory. "So will you carry his legacy or will you let it falter and die?"

The words struck Xardus like blaster fire. He hadn't expected her to be so blunt. Turning on her, whatever glimpse of a smile he had was gone. "You know what? If you want to be trained by a mistake, then fine. I'll do what I can. Just don't expect any miracles. I'm nothing like any of the masters I've had. I'm..." He sighed and let himself calm down once more. "I'll train you. Just promise you won't look up to me like I'm anything special. It would disrespect Revan's honor, if anything."

Forecaster smirked. She won. "I don't look up at anyone. We are all equal." Moving in towards her new master she had her smile leave. "What first? You must have gotten that map for a reason."

"I'm looking for a certain artifact." Xardus carefully opened the map. "Nobody knows exactly where it is or even what it does, but it is believed to hold a key to massive amounts of power. And I have an idea where it might be." He pointed to a spot on the map, where it indicated a small cavelike structure. "There. That's where I'm headed."

Sithid

Greater Krayt Dragon
A pack of Banthas trudged across the dunes in the distance. As they made their way, their hooves left deep marks in the sand before being washed away. They stopped, looking out towards the two people, bleating occasionally.

The sand rumbled beneath them. They scattered in a terrified frenzy, most of them stampeding straight towards the small installation.

Forecaster nodded. Having grown up on Tatooine she knew of several ancient sites where this artifact could be. However before anything could be said she turned to see a pack of banthas moving fast towards the small town. Turning to Xardus she activated her lightsaber. "Those are running from something. We should ready ourselves for a fight."

@[member="Sithid"] @[member="Xardus Folidaar"]

Sithid

Greater Krayt Dragon
The Banthas stampeded past the two, through the installation. The sand beneath them shook violently, setting the humans off balance. A deafening roar seared through the air, barely muffled by the sand. Sithid breached the surface, ripping one of the Banthas in half. The shopkeepers and customers were showered in blood and guts raining down from the skies. The sand was soaked in a sickly reddish-brown. The behemoth stood 50 meters tall, devouring the various Banthas trying to flee from the slaughter.
As Sithid ate, his tail whipped around, taking down a few buildings in the area. His ten legs stabilized himself, sinking into the sands. His pale blue skin was covered in Bantha blood, a seemingly cracked grin appeared across the monsters face. Rows of teeth, razor sharp gleamed against the sun. His huge head blocked out the sun, casting shadows on the installation.

Xardus couldn't believe his eyes. The legend everyone heard about, but never saw. The Krayt dragon. Without a second thought, he mounted his speeder and drove the short distance between the dragon and the shop. As he got within twenty yards of the beast, he ignited his orange blade and kept it parallel to the ground. At ten yards, he leaped impossibly high up into the air, aiming to land on it's back.

@[member="Sithid"]

Alcus Lightonel

Rogue Sith Apprentice
As Alcus neared the installation, he heard an almost deafening roar. Instantly alert, Alcus jumped to the side, now running towards the installation. As he neared, he saw a gruesome sight. Citizens drenched in blood and a large Krayt Dragon standing there devouring Banthas. Alcus simply stood there in shock and awe, not able to move.
@[member="Sithid"]

Sithid

Greater Krayt Dragon
Sithid reared his ugly head, looking into the skies, he saw the tiny speck of a man rising through the air. He payed no attention to this as the human landed on him, thrusting his lightsaber into Sithid's back.
The spines on his back began to secrete poison. The knight would have to be careful about where he made contact with the beast.
The beast let out a terrifying roar, as the minor annoyance enraged him. Sithid rampaged after the fleeing Banthas, opening it's awful maw to snap up the animals.
The knight on its back would be bucked ridiculously hard as the Krayt thundered forward.
As it moved, it crashed through more buildings, revealing even more of the refugees littering the area.
Sithid's tail whipped around, flinging the man's speeder towards the group of standing individuals.

@[member="Alcus Lightonel"]

Alcus Lightonel

Rogue Sith Apprentice
As the massive beast roared and headed towards his direction, Alcus slowly pulled out his two lightsabers, activating them in unison and piercing the air with a red glow. Letting out a small sigh, Alcus jumped to the nearest building to dodge the speeder flying towards him.

@[member="Sithid"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom