Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Whisper and a Clamor [Rebels vs. Ravens on Makeb]

Objective: Admit his failure
Allies: None
Enemies: [member="Dredge"]

Corruck heard laughter, not the deep laughter of Dredge, but the equally evil laughter of his other mind. He heard it in himself, he could tell that they were now at last truly trapped together. It would take years, as it had before, to seal away that monstrosity. Even if he had that time, he doubted that the seal would be as strong or permanent as the last one. No, this time he was stuck with this mind that found joy in all that horrified Corruck.

He fought through the laughter, though it seemed to draw his mind in like a blackhole. He focused back on the real world, to find that Dredge was once again falling to threatening innocents for information. The other Corruck spoke after all had been said, "As you have always known. The greatest weakness for the good is that they are bound to do their best to save those that are innocent. You understand this, and that is why you have no choice but to give him the information."

Corruck growled, "There is nothing to stop me from simply letting those people die."

That laughter again entered his skull. "You would think to fool me? After all that you have said?I had thought that you were smarter than that. You can't turn around and pretend that the last number of hours was nothing. You have said that you are a killer, but you have also proven to be one to act mercifully. That means that while you are still in control, sympathy and empathy are your guides."

Corruck almost spoke, but decided against retorting. He brought his attention to Dredge, "There isn't much left to know. A few codenames, one other base that I am aware of and that is all. The codenames would be of little help since they do not give you any identities. The last base is a refuge that the Rebels intend on leaving fairly soon anyways."

The other Corruck seemed to approve of these statements, "Half truths that may or may not work. What you should do is tell him of your base and your intent to set up a power from there where more deeds may be accomplished."

Corruck replied within his mind, "No, there is no need to speak of such. He does not need to know of my base."

"Fine then...I guess I'll just have to tell him."

Corruck began to speak aloud, "What..."

That was when he felt as if his brain was being spun in his head, he felt wrenching pain throughout his being. As it settled he felt that something was off. He tried to turn his head to look at himself, however he found that his body was no long responding. The other Corruck smugly smiled as he spoke aloud for Dredge to hear.

"I... have a base set up there, on that planet, one for my small company. It is nothing at this point, however I have plans to turn it into a power base for crime later on. If I can have your word that you would leave it alone, I would identify it." It was Corruck's voice, but not his words. He had no control which, as he realized, meant that the other Corruck could once more begin to create his own criminal organization. Unless, he somehow figured a way to remove that control.

His mind fought for control, he tried to push the other mind out, tried to force it to leave. However it didn't budge, he couldn't do anything at this point but simply watch.

Allies: [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] [member="Solan Charr"]
Enemies: Gravity

He could feel the earth move beneath his body as he was lifted by marines towards the descended ship.

"Whassss all this then? We goin fer a ride? Wooo!"

Objective: Make a deal
Enemies: [member="Corruck Kazen"]

Dredge smirked at the man's words and the corners of his mouth barely showed it, he was reverting. He could see the inner struggle within the man and new the look upon his face as it twisted and argued with itself. He wanted Dredge's word that he would not harm the little crime operation? He could always use the information after all, and that wasn't something he was particularly interested in burning down. So hey why not, he'd give his word on it.

"You have my word that I will not bring harm upon your little organization. However in exchange while I was rooting around in your skull I found some info you have also been keeping from me. An operation perhaps? You will tell me this information. And in return, I will release you, I will provide safe transport home, and I will not lay a hand on your precious rebel base along with all of this I will release these prisoners as well." Dredge gave everything Corruck could want. All he had to do was give him the information he wanted. On his company and the rest of the rebellion.

Dredge waved his hand and the Graug pointed their weapons at the families. The guns charged once more and the families began to cry and hold each other. This was it, this was endgame and it all came down to this moment. Corruck could give Dredge the minimum information and walk away. Or he could save them all for the low price of information. He smiled once more and spoke

"You have five seconds to decide." Dredge said with contempt

"One." He said loudly. This was it

Objective: Surrender

Corruck was still stunned at the loss of his control. He tried to fight back, tried to ouster that evil which was within him. He found that in the short time it had entrenched itself quite thoroughly. He was surprised at this, it was impossible to have accomplished that, yet it had. He wished he could understand, however all he could do was guess that the other Corruck had prepared for his moment. He threw himself against the other mind, trying to force it out of control. Yet it held firm, continuing to control actions and words.

The other Corruck meanwhile was browsing through the information that was within his control now. So much to learn and discover, however right now he needed to find the information on this operation that Dredge spoke of. He feared that it was one of the things that Corruck had sealed away in some small part of his mind. Fortunately for him, it turned out that his fears were for naught. He found a memory of a file. It was information on one "Operation End". He found the name to be somewhat unsatisfying and did not prepare him for what he was going to read.

He became very glad as he read. He was not too surprised, Corruck had always been something of a hypocrite in regards to morals. This was uncharacteristically dark compared to what Corruck normally was though. The other Corruck began speaking aloud, "An operation? I can think of only one off the top of my head. Operation End. It is quite a magnificent piece of work, though the name belies that fact. The origins were based on some ancient information that I had collected on a run into Coruscant. The short is that the Operation is the beginning of the creation of a very powerful missile. Multiple missiles, excuse me. These would be bombardment class, capable of annihilating cities and leaving them uninhabitable for years if not decades."

He let that sink in, only for a moment. In that moment though, Corruck was able to utilize the other Corruck's divided attention to push his way forward. He was able to push the other Corruck back, forcing control back into his own being. He immediately set up mental defenses to avoid what had happened to the other Corruck. His mind was wrested from the control of the other Corruck smoothly, however the body felt more tired than before. Such jumping in the mental state was wearying on the body.

Now that he was in control he had to make a decision. Not that it was much to make. He had to help everyone. That required information on the operation which was highly secret before now. He had spent much preparing for the initial tests. Those first three tests had taught them much. Operation End was not yet ready, but the project that was made alongside it had come to slight fruition. He continued where his mind left off.

"Nuclear. The Operation's missiles would be based on nuclear power. Of course, the original design requires refining as such it is not stable and therefore the operation is currently shut down. I had intended on restarting work on soon after I returned from Makeb."

He was unsure as to if that was the information that Dredge had been asking about, however it was too late to take back whatever he had said. He simply asked, "Am I free to go now?" His mind and body were too weak to make the sentence more eloquent.

Objective: Give the man what he asked for.
Enemies: [member="Corruck Kazen"]

The corners of Dredge's mouth quirked up in a little grin, he mused over what he had acquired and the information was of course being streamed to [member="Darth Vornskr"] of the One Sith and [member="Cryax Bane"] of the Red Ravens. Dredge sighed happily then looked down at the man from his throne. He was quite pitiful, missing an arm, half a face, but things were about to get much worse for the man before they got better. Dredge began to laugh a bit, almost manically even. He sat up and looked to his men who held blasters trained on the families.

"Release them from their mortality" he said with a little grin.

The sounds of blasters and screams radiated through the room, hundreds of rounds pouring from the rifles and into those Dredge deemed unworthy. The smoldering blaster burned families lay there dead and unmoving. They had been given the sweet release of death. Dredge laughed again and pointed to one of his crew chiefs.

"Send a fleet to the rebellion base soon. Kill all who is there, I'll stay here and not lay a hand upon them." Dredge said putting emphasis on his last few words.

He turned to Corruck and smiled and soon a sick little pop could be heard as a Graug slammed a club into the man's leg to shatter his knee cap. Dredge chuckled softly and sighed victoriously. He had kept his word, he released the families, vowed to not lay a hand on the rebel base, and would give Corruck safe passage home.

"You may leave now Corruck. Have a good day." Dredge waved his hand and soon mechanical doors opened beneath the man and let him drop bellow.

He would only fall a few meters at the most, and when he did land it would be on white fluffy snow with an X-wing no less than fifteen yards away. A fairly fun little crawl through the snow with a broken knee and nothing but your underwear. The nightmare was over for Corruck, he was free to go. No more tricks, no more torture, he was free.

Objective: Leave this planet

Corruck yelled in anger as the people were killed. He knew this would happen! He knew that there would be betrayal. Yes of course Dredge would hide behind the fact that he technically was following his promises. But it was all a circumstantial avoidance at best. He burned with hatred as the monster told him of his plans. He would make this beast pay. When he was freed he would have vengeance. Of course, the problem was that he was currently still held prisoner, the enemy had a head start, and he doubted that he would ever get out of here.

He heard the other voice, "That anger. That hate. Quite interesting. You should use that when you get the chance, or maybe simply hold onto it and let it become the force that drives you."

Corruck retorted, "No! I just need to focus."

The other Corruck seemed to smile and fall back. He seemed to disappear from the mind, at least for now he didn't have the constant pressure of the other mind. He felt better almost immediately. Though that was directly as his knee was smashed. He cried out, "Damn you!" He fell with a grunt. He felt the floor move and soon he fell through the floor. He wasn't able to recall what happened after that, he seemed to have lost consciousness and knew nothing more at the time.

He awoke later, feeling almost nothing, aside from the fact that he was incredibly cold. He tried to move, opening his eyes to see a starfighter within easy reach. Easy, that is, if he weren't currently crippled. He crawled across the snow, thinking more and more about his new plans. He would have Operation End advanced as quickly as possible. That would be the stepping stone that would eventually lead to his end-goal. The debilitation of all Force users. First Operation End, next Project O. Then at last he could begin the campaign. He would spread his words and beliefs as far as possible. Then people like Dredge would be overthrown and the only big sacrifice would be that the Jedi would disappear as well.

As he pulled himself up to the X-wing, he slowly, painfully climbed his way up the side into the cockpit. He activated the systems, and let his body warm up as the life support systems came online. He let himself think during that time. He heard the other Corruck speak, "So ends an era and here begins a time. We will shape the galaxy."

Corruck snarled as he picked the ship up off the ground. He found that this ship was difficult to lift off with one arm, saying that normally the ship was driven with two hands. He was sure he could manage, however he would be certain to have a replacement arm made. This was only the beginning for him. His mind was freed and while he did fear it, that fear would drive him forward unto victory.

Fin
(For Corruck that is)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom