Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A WESTAR Place

Not long ago Gray had acquired land on Mandalore. He had done so to build a new headquarters and factory for RID, but had made sure he had more than enough for another such building to go up. This second building was going to be for WESTAR to have a new headquarters and factory as well. So with the RID facility up and while Gray was visiting his daughter [member="Yasha Mantis"] , the foreman had gathered up more supplies for a second construction job he was tasked with.

It had been awhile, but Gray had finally finished up his visit and come to the site for the WESTAR facility. He had asked [member="Baiko no Kaho"] to join him. It had been too long since he had last seen her, partly because he was sort of in the doghouse right now with her. Hopefully he could look good to her with the facility going up and the potential profits it would bring to Mandalore. He was aware how stupid that thought and line of thinking was, but the desperate aren't the most intelligent with these kinds of things. He just wanted to spend more time with her and would do whatever he could to have it happen.

When Gray had arrived to the site, he found the facility was already nearly finished going up. He knew it was nearly done because the foreman had informed him of that upon his arrival. Seemed the man got straight to work before he even had the new supplies readied knowing there would be more bombs buried here like before. A really good man. Gray needed to get him hired on permanently to do more of these types of jobs. The ground work, foundation laying, generator, water, and other forms of needed utilities before any of the equipment could go in. Seemed all that was left for the building was to get all the equipment inside, setup, and running. Now he just needed to wait for Baiko to arrive and they could work on getting his office set up.

The Atrisian in question fumbled her fingers inside the soft white tunic dress she wore. Modern in style for the vastly prim and courtly woman, Baiko pulled at the cuffs and the bracelet she wore around her wrist.

It was soft to the touch, warmer than it looked and paired with black form fitting trousers. Her hair was down, face devoid of the cosmetics which usually hid her kiffar tribal tattoos. Breathing steadily and deep, Baiko trotted down from the shuttle and searched for [member="Gray Raxis"]. What was there to say? He figured them married without protocol or agreement. The man was eager to move them past any sense of date to a balmy future delight. As she came up beside him, Baiko stopped quietly to watch the way he commanded authority, the way he continued to work despite having every reason to relax on his laurels. The success of RID’s Mandalore HQ was bringing the business world to buzz, and now it was Westar’s turn.

Her lips tipped up in a smile, as the wind changed and her perfume drifted toward him. “Su’cuyar, Gray.”

Yasha told Baiko to come. Now on the other side of it, Baiko knew Yasha was right. A Strill padded over and sniffed at Baiko’s belly, nuzzling her hand. The woman smiled and gave the beast a pet, before padding over to take Gray’s arm, and hug herself into it. An audible gasp of relief and comfort echoed through Baiko’s lips.

She was home.

The workers were moving equipment into the newly built building. They started with the factory equipment, specifically the larger pieces. They needed their forge installed and then their assembly lines, both of which were not small at all. It was going to take a lot of space for them, and with the amount of manpower along with machines it was going rather smoothly. The foreman was happy with that as was Gray, although he was dealing with some arguments that had risen up. Seemed there was about three different opinions on the best way to move things into the building, and it was beginning to slow down the work. The foreman was busy handling another matter, so Gray had to take it up. Some wanted to use the machines, some just pure manpower, and a handful use ships of all things. He sighed as he heard it and told them to use both the machines and manpower, and if that didn't work or was too dangerous then use the ships. They were satisfied enough, although still complaining, but went about their work.

It was not long after this that Gray heard [member="Baiko no Kaho"] greeting. A warm smile took over his face without him realizing it. The strill that his daughter had given him also took off to see her, and he was not sure if the animal was going to come back after. They certainly seemed to prefer the women in his life over him. He felt Baiko's arms wrap around his own and hug into him. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head instinctively. Hopefully she didn't mind. Despite the current affection, he had no doubt he was still in major trouble with the not so proper and reserved woman. He said after, " Songbird. You came. Good. I've missed you." More than she knew. He reached over with his free hand and placed it over her hands. A gentle squeeze followed as he forgot what he was doing earlier. Right now his focus was on her and getting as much time with her as he could get. " I'm sorry about not doing things properly. I promise I will make it right later. I just need some time to make sure it is all as perfect as you are." After he once again kissed the top of her head. Not the best apology in the world, but he was sort of distracted with how happy he was right now. Hopefully no one ruined it soon.

The argument was far enough out of the way for Baiko to have missed it. The workers bustled to move the lumbering equipment, others following the interior guides of where to set everything up. Machines would need to be secured into the ground, precise angles secured. Watching a fairly heavy piece of machinery for a moment, Baiko took the kiss on her forehead as it was: a lover’s greeting.

The concern in her ribcage eased, he wasn’t angry. On the contrary, [member="Gray Raxis"]’ smile gave Baiko hope she hadn’t ruined a good thing with her fears. Oh ruin! The true villain of them all.

Entropy be dashed.

“Yes, I came. How can we set up your offices if I don’t sweep through?” Work, always work. With a task to complete, the woman was useful, keepable. Yet, as she stood with Gray, Baiko began to understand that she was valuable by virtue of standing beside him.

“I missed you, too... Gray, I... I panicked. I should have stayed and... well, you had business to attend to and so did I.” Tucking under his arm, Baiko wrapped her arms around his waist and set her head on his shoulder. “You’re planning something... should I be excited or worried? Maybe a bit of both?”

The industrial complex was moving, and the planet’s economy was yet again beginning to spin. Baiko smiled into his shoulder, pressing her lips into Gray’s neck.

“Gray? I understand if this is inconvenient, but I would very much like to be excited... I have yet to tell anyone, darling we’re pregnant... and as new as we are to each other, I hope you can be happy being a father twice more? I didn’t know how to tell you.”

The larger equipment seemed to have gotten its way into the factory area, as it was honestly the only one with such large equipment, quickly once the argument was settled. There was no need for a ship and the mixture of machines and manpower meant it got right into place the first time. All of it was smoothing itself out with that and as stuff was bolted into the floor, the workers were moving on to getting the largest of what remained ready to go in. The foreman was back as well and had taken over the whole project once more so Gray could focus on Baiko. That man definitely needed to get hired on permanently now. He was just too good not to hire full time.

As [member="Baiko no Kaho"] spoke, Gray listened as if this was his only chance in the galaxy to hear her ever again. She mentioned getting his office put together, which meant she had already thought about it. Such a good woman. " You are right, but I'm looking more forward to breaking the office in with you after." He smirked then listened as she moved on to the next subject. She missed him and was apologizing as well. Seemed the two really were a pair as their thoughts were much the same. That warmed his heart and turned his smirk into a warm smile. It was especially so after the kiss against his neck. Oh he was definitely going to make things perfect for her when he made things right.

Then the last thing she said took Gray completely by surprise. Did Baiko just tell him that she was pregnant? No, she said "we" are pregnant. His brain just seemed to shut down out of shock at this. He was frozen in place and his face was sure to look absolutely dumbstruck. Was this actually happening or was his mind playing tricks on him? It had back when he was being tortured and when he was living in that cave, but he hadn't experienced it since then. No, no this was real. This was happening. He was going to be a dad. Not just through adoption either or being married to their mother but actually having a kid biologically. He wanted to say something and tell her just how he felt about that idea. No words came. Instead he turned himself so he was facing her with his hands on her shoulders. Holding her gently yet firmly in that way he always touched her, he leaned down and began to passionately kiss the wonderful woman. Some of the workers noticed and began to whisper and whoop at them until the foreman got after them all.

The pause before [member="Gray Raxis"] reacted radiated with busy work. Machinery moved, the factory coming piece by piece into place. Engineers from Baiko’s company came to help the workforce, digging into the fine tuning once the greater scale items were in place.

“Oh hoooh, are you?” Baiko tucked her arms under his shoulders, brushing her nose against his chin. “You’re in luck. The couch I bought you is monumental and... sturdy. I planned to apologize again, vigorously.”

Words failed him, his hands brushing her shoulders firm yet soft. He had every reason to be upset, the woman who ran coming to tell him they conceived. Her eyebrows craned up in the middle, lips pouted for his retort.

The retort came with a kiss, and Baiko rested into it, finally able to breathe. She pressed into him, glad for Gray’s lack of words.

Words were flimsy things, chersilk to the beskar of action. Gray’s kiss was a promise and a pronouncement of joy, it fed Baiko’s delight and relieved her misgivings.

He wanted her, he wanted them. Baiko refused to pull away until she could no longer breathe. She laughed and covered her face with her hands, taking Gray to the side, where they could have a moment of privacy.

“Twins, Gray. We’re having twins...” Baiko pressed the backs of her fingers against his cheek, stroking down his grinning face. “I want us to be happy, raise warriors, just as your code says... perhaps... perhaps this is good news? I would like this to be good news.”

One of Baiko’s engineers broke away from the others and trotted to the Foreman, animatedly discussing the heat distributors protecting workers from the forge. For once, Baiko didn’t care.

The two disappearing into a private spot did seem to calm down the cat calling workers, along with some not to friendly words from the foreman. Everything was on schedule and on track as more of the equipment was put into the factory section of the facility. The assembly line was taking shape and the forge area was finished up as the various molds were gotten into position. It was amazing how many molds were required for all of the little parts that went into the WESTAR products. It was a detail not lost on one worker either as they began to complain about the number of them. It got shut down however as quickly as the cat calling had been, and everyone just continued on with getting the factory finished up as soon as possible. They needed to get to the office section as well today so the place could officially begin operations the next day.

As for Gray, he was even more shocked by the rest of the news [member="Baiko no Kaho"] had given to him. They were not just pregnant but with twins. Did this woman not know how to hold back at all? Reserved and proper his butt! His daughter had no idea how aggressive this woman really was and the fact she was having twins was more than enough proof of that. She couldn't just give him one kid but had to go with two! He felt his head begin to spin a bit and had to lean up against a wall. Twins. He was going to have to figure out how to raise two kids not just one. Was he up for the task? Certainly Baiko was as she had been raising kids most of her life it seemed. But could Gray? He was a mercenary turned business man turned clan alor. If he knew anything it was more about fighting and letting other people do what they did best rather than hands on teaching a new life how to live.

To say Gray was nervous would be an understatement, but he was also just as excited if not more so. Him a father of kids that shared his blood. It was what he always wanted in life, even though it was something he didn't think he would ever have. Baiko already had found him a new purpose for living and gotten him active once more. Now she was fulfilling his deepest desire. What more was this woman going to do for him? It took him a moment but he managed to calm down as the foreman's orders were barked in regards to the last of the factory equipment being placed. They were almost done and ready to move onto the office area. Gray said as he turned his face towards where he hoped Baiko was, " We should really get my office set up, or at least the couch in there. I really want to lay down on it with you right now Songbird." She would understand his meaning.

Pressing her palms to her hairline, Baiko flopped along the wall with her shoulder touching [member="Gray Raxis"]’. She hissed out a calming exhale, waiting for her heartbeat to regulate.

The workers milled about slower now, watching over at the couple and their created scene. “I spent all these days trying to find the perfect way to tell you, if I should tell you at all or if you would be upset. I was compelled to tell you, where you would be happy or okay with it... this was not what I had in mind... forgive my impetuousness?”

Gray looked for all intents as ragged as a man after a long bender. His nerves were as inescapable as the rising concerns of parenthood she wanted to leave behind. These babies would be loved, he would love them. They would not be only a mother’s duty and joy.

“Do you know? I will get my people on it.” Baiko waved her hand and flicked her fingers through a couple of hand signals, and Baiko’s engineers broke away from the proceedings to handle the furniture going to the office.

“Keep us informed via comm of the process in the factory.” Baiko ordered.

The hand which took Gray’s arm was shivering, shaking with adrenaline. Baiko led Gray upstairs, his Strill padding along on its six legs in front of them. Once they got to Gray’s new office, Baiko kept her and Gray to the side, by his Wroskyr wood desk and holographic display table she would have installed. Getting to it, Baiko began opening the boxes of supplies for the office, already setting them in their spots.

The couch was upholstered in velvet, texturally pleasing for the man who could not see nor sense it’s royal blue colour. “There are a few supplies I have yet to bring in from the Myrmadinas... I haven’t finished one, Love. I was hoping it would be ready for today, but I have been so tired. One of them is a program which translates written words to vocals, simple, but efficient. The other should be much more effective if I could get the non-Newtonian fluids to react with the electro coils. It’s a way for you to experience schematics and holographic projections as solid state, the prototype works, but the fluid is table bound and I want it to be fully repositionable in real time... perhaps if I shifted the interior lattice matrix and... Aditya would have known what to do with it by now. She was a much more gifted engineer... the couch is to your left... You know you really caused Yasha quite a stir when you mentioned our relationship. I’m quite sure those two will be completely inconsolable when we tell them... unless... nothing! Absolutely nothing.”

The rare occasion had occurred. Baiko was babbling like a nervous girl. She continued moving back and forth through the office, distracting herself from the twins in the room.

Things in factory was close to being finished. It was going to be the hardest to set up as the equipment was larger and heavier than what was going into the office portion of the new facility. It meant it was slower going as more time was required for everything. The hard part was going to flip though once everything was in place later on as the office would need to go over all of the data and systems to make sure it was ready to go while the factory just needed a quick check then warmed up to be ready to go. The foreman knew this and so was doing everything he could to keep everyone moving as quickly as possible. The faster they were the more time the office would have to check over everything.

While all of this was going on though, Gray was being led up to his new office by [member="Baiko no Kaho"] while her workers set it up. His mind was still trying to kick back in after the double shock of Baiko being pregnant and with twins. It was the best news he had heard in his life, but it was something he was completely unprepared for. Thankfully moving and getting a little distracted by the sounds of things got his mind back into a more normal state. This day was just not going how he expected it to at all, and even his seeing eye strill was paying more attention to Baiko than to him by this point. They actually were giving all of their attention to the pregnant woman. Seemed they were aware of the fact and knew who was more important to watch out for. Gray needed to thank Yasha for finding such a great companion for him again.

Baiko had begun to ramble on about the desk she was designing for Gray and going into technical detail about it. He understood some of it, but it was something young Teagan would be more likely to appreciate than him. A smile came to his lips though as he just listened to her go on and on. She was nervous and it was adorable. He had never experienced this side of her before, and it just made things feel more right and real to him. Walking up to her, he said, " You big nerd. You should stop talking." He wrapped his arms around her waist, and pulled her in close. Leaning down, he gave her a passionate kiss. It was to help her clear her own head as well as just get to kiss her. Passionate and practical. The Mandalorian way of doing things. As they kissed, the coms picked up a little struggle between one of Baiko's workers and the foreman fighting over the device. At the end of it the foreman announced that the factory was pretty much finished and only needed some little details done. They were moving onto the office now and getting it setup with everything.

The engineers bickered and fought for the best way to set equipment up, and the order of the tests to ensure their own integrity was maintained. One off angle could damage future production, and potentially harm workers in the factory. The Foreman and the Engineer had their battle, and in the end, the engineer went back to work with the confidence of the Foreman’s advice.

He was, indeed, a man to keep around. While the rest of the work smoothed around and allowed for the workforce to continue with the meticulous machinery set up. Bustling around, the workers employed gave [member="Gray Raxis"] and Baiko as wide a berth as they could.

Once inside the office, and the door shut, the sounds followed but the babble of Baiko’s voice was far greater a river of tones. “… and once I have the table up, you can feel the designs with your fingers and I wish Aditya thought of such a…mmmrrhrhrphhh!!”

Brought close, at first Baiko’s hands stayed at her side. She dropped a box in her hand, office supplies scattering upon the floor as Gray kissed her. The thread in her mind replayed his motion, the way his muscles pulled at her waist, the attention he payed to her lips. Worry had no place here. Doubt was annihilated by the placement of Gray’s hands on her back. He wanted her. His expanding joy over their newly discovered family coated across Baiko’s skin and became a layer of protection against the outside world.

Valued, desired and loved, Baiko sighed into his chest.

“I love you.” Pressing her cheek into his shoulder, Baiko listened to the knocks and whorls of the bustling place below. Her nerves settled, Baiko chuckled.

“You need to hire that Foreman.”

The workers were quickly setting up the office as the last bits were finished up in the factory. It wouldn't be long now until they were ready to get it all started up and make sure everything was there. The foreman knew he would need to find some more work after it was done, but he wasn't about to milk what could be a cash cow of a construction job. He was an honest man even if not Mandalorian, so the thought of taking advantage disgusted him. It was why Gray had hired him on and planned to hire him on full time. There was going to be more construction needs both on and off Mandalore. That was Gray's plan at least. The workers still doing their jobs quickly and effectively while joking and complaining would not want for work in the future after this.

Up in the office, Gray smiled affectionately at [member="Baiko no Kaho"] when she told him that she loved him. It was strange how quickly things had moved with this woman, but it felt too right to take things slowly. What reason was there for not pursuing what he knew he needed and wanted? She felt the same way clearly too. He leaned in for a quick kiss of her lips. " I love you too Songbird. And to prove it, I will make sure you end up as a Raxis before the end. It is a promise." He didn't wait for her answer. He just leaned back down to kiss her passionately as he rubbed her sides. This was what he wanted right now and for the rest of his life. This woman and everything she had to give him.

The factory was finished and things were begun to be tested. The office was getting close as all of the computers and systems were the first things installed. As they got up as well, someone who knew what to look before started them up and began to run diagnostics on them. They got the process going as the other little things such as chair and office supplies were brought in. A clever plan suggested to the foreman by one of the engineers. At the rate they were going, it wouldn't be long until the place was ready for business. WESTAR was nearly back home on Mandalore.

“Bold. Terribly bold of you.” What was time but a deterrent to action in the woman’s life? While the workers did their duty, and WESTAR had its’ new location on Mandalore once more, Baiko wondered at the significance of [member="Gray Raxis"]’ promise.

Make a Raxis of her, would he? “According to your statement in the Commenor Embassy, I already am... much to my own shock.” Breathless once more, Baiko set her forehead on Gray’s chin. She suspended in the moment, feeling more than seeing the work being done around the factory, with its’ clattering noises and the bustle of the people employed.

Eager to work, eager to fix their planet. Settling her arms around his waist, Baiko leaned back to look at his smiling face. She couldn’t shake how different this was than her deceased husband on Atrisia. A regal bow, the sliding of a paper note into his hands, to see the doctor’s report. A single nod, the wave of a hand.

Another month of silence, as he forsook his wife to plough another of the servants, whose belly didn’t swell. This was a far different thing.

“Very well, win me.”

A chuckle left Gray's lips as he listened to his love speak. Baiko told him to win her, but they both knew he already had. She had won him over completely as well. It was endearing to hear her say it though, and there was no harm in showering her in more affection and love. He kissed her again in response. Perhaps she would admit it finally if he did. Another kiss then another followed. His hands continued to rub her sides. This was enough for him right now. Their connecting was the most important thing to him.

The work on checking the data was going by faster than the foreman realized it would. The sheer manpower being able to look through it all was speeding up the office side of things. The workers moving things in had just finished up as well so all that was left for both the office and factory was to finish running their checks over the systems. The foreman got all of those who weren't doing that out of the building. Their jobs were done once they got the left over materials hauled off. The factory side finished their check first, as had been expected. It was all running properly and as safely as possible. Once again, those workers were dismissed of their duties. The office didn't take long to finish up either on their checks. Everything was in order it seemed and good to go. The foreman dismissed all of them then got over the coms to inform Gray and [member="Baiko no Kaho"] about it.

Gray listened to the foreman. After a thanks, he let the man know he could leave as well when he was ready. The new facility was ready to go and in the morning would be officially open. With a smile, Gray said to Baiko, " I plan to stay here and over see the first day in the morning. Care to join me Songbird? I know I would appreciate the company, especially your's." He squeezed her and waited for her response. She was free to decline or accept, as she always was with him. He did hope she did though so they could break in his office. It needed to be lived in a little bit just so it didn't feel so new and unused.

“Hmm, stay the night here, in your office?" Baiko's eyebrow twitched, and she pushed a smile down to a cunning smirk. Smoothing his hair down with one hand, Baiko massaged the back of his neck and leaned back. WESTAR was set, RID was progressing, and Baiko remained confident that these natural progressions would continue the positive upswing of the entire planetary economy.

All was well, and tonight, all would be well in a real and definable way. Giving a timid and pleasant grunt at [member="Gray Raxis"]’ squeeze, Baiko pushed up on her tip toes to kiss him. “Yes, I will join you, my Ashen Reclaimer… after all I paid enough to ensure that couch was comfortable and…” her lips pushed toward his ear, teeth gently nipping at his earlobe. “… sturdy.”

Yes, Baiko felt confident for the first time in years. Everything would eventually be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom