Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Wayward Brother Accounted For... (Calico and Galaar)

Galaar Tal'Verda

Just one more butchered soul.
Galaar was back on Bothawui after trumping around the CIS border-worlds once again. He was a militia advisor now and went from place to place, Roon in particular, training ragtag teams with skills graced upon him by Mandalorian Super-Commandos to pay back a debt that the Liberty Concord supposedly owed the Confederacy. This time, however, he was on Bothawui for more of a reason than simply being on down time. He was here to contact a brother, his vod, the one man in the Galaxy that Galaar could trust more than people such as Voroll or Salem: Calico Tal'verda.

He was sitting at his desk in his studio apartment (located in the not so nice part of town), with a military grade, encrypted holo-transmitter in front of him. Galaar wasn't dumb. Galaar was a Commando with extensive training in intel, spy, and espionage fields like all of his brothers. Therefor, he made sure any message he sent out of the CIS was coded, each time he used a different code too. Old codes that only a few left in the Galaxy knew of, Codes that were probably lost in the Gulag plague or under piles of Republic Records, Codes that the best of the old CIS breakers could never crack. He was using the codes that were given to the Clone Commandos for long distance communication.

The clone took a deep breathe. He had no clue how his brother would react, nor did he know if he would even answer. Galaar thumbed in Calico's ID code and transmitted with his own. "C'mon chakaar, you better answer."

[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]

Calico wasn't waiting around for a call. He'd given up on that months ago. Galaar had gone off to the Confederacy and never sent any word back. The Protectorate's sources had, however, noted that he was training CIS personell. A prisoner certainly wouldn't be running around doing that. Calico had been forced to assume his brother was a turncoat, and why shouldn't he? It made sense, to a point.

It was because of this; that when Calico received the call on his way back from the OP's most recent incursion, he hesitated. He took a long moment to stare out at the ships drifting past his Belbulab toward a position that they could freely jump into hyperspace. With a sigh, he answered. "You've got some gett'se calling me now Galaar."
[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar paused at that. If Calico had a holo-link open, he'd likely simply be able to note Galaar's rather confused look. "Of course I called ner'vod. I just needed to get everything set up and wait a bit for the fires to die down." They were clones, they were brothers, Calico and Galaar were able to pick out each others emotional states by mere glances. If Calico was glancing he would see sheer sincerity in Galaar's brown eyes which mirrored his own and the friendliest most bantha-poodoo faced grin in the face of the Galaxy. "You seem surprised about that, Ca'ika."

"Keziah is MIA and Zius was captured by the Sith. You were gone, and you never bothered to inform us as to what happened." Calico snapped on reaction alone. He veered the Belbulab out of the primary lane and began to drift out toward open space. His helmet covered his features, but the tone in his voice was very easy to make out. "And what in Corellia's Nine Hells are you doing working for the Confederacy? Just decide to switch up ner'vod?" The words were laced with poison. It was clear; Calico was agitated. He remained silent for a long moment as his ship adjusted its course. "You left at the worst of times."

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar nearly flinched at Calico's accusation. His brother, his own brother, was virtually calling him a flat out traitor. A turncoat who would abandon his brothers, sisters, and those he protected at the drop of a hat. He struggled to keep his anger undercheck and after a few seconds of silence he spoke. His voice was once more sincere with twinges of sadness and what seemed to be pain... "I had to Ca'ika. The CIS would have hunted us down one by one, they would have hunted you down. I didn't just join up with them. I brought back the stolen military hardware that Jusik took and accepted responsibility for the crimes of the Liberty Concord as a whole. My sentence was Military Conscription..." He paused and bit his lip before looking at the holo directly. "I would never betray you. You're my vod, my Sergeant. I did this for you like I have done everything in my life! I just wanted to make sure you were safe... And possibly make you proud."

Calico leveled his gaze on the holoprojection. He opted to remain silent for a long moment, before finally breaking into quiet speech. "I see..." A soft sigh escaped him as he stared down at the coordinates that popped up on his flight screen.
"Fine then, ner'vod." His tone softened. "We're with the Omega Protectorate now. We're safe--you don't owe the 'Feds anything. Give me your cords, I'll pick you up on my way back."

He reached up and pulled down on one of the upper levers. I'm heading for Mytus. The Sith Emperor is there. I'm taking him down. After that, we'll pull you out into friendly space. Deal?"

Galaar Tal'Verda

"Wait... You're going after the Sith Emperor? Kark that! You're coming to get me and I'm coming with." This was his off-time but he didn't care. If Calico was flying straight of red-swinging saber jockies then Galaar was coming with. "And that isn't a question. I imagine you still have my Katarn Rig and weapons with you. I can use those... I'll meet you half-way at Rodia."

Calico would likely note the look on his face. The stubborn, unwavering, cold determination that made Galaar who he was.

Calico paused right before the jump engaged. He quickly cut the power, and readjusted the coordinates to Rodia. "Together then. Be ready. I'm putting Vulcanus down."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom