Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Warlocks Initiation

Kael trudged along the ships corridors. He had already resigned himself to whatever faith he might or might not face. He wanted to despise his father, for agreeing to whatever deal she might have offered. He wanted to despise his faction, the Primeval. For taking away any and all choices he had. And most of all, he wanted to despise the woman who was responsible for bringing him here and tearing him away from the only home he knew. Yet he couldn't do it. 'Maybe I am just like those fools I read about in the history books. Mindlessly following orders like a sheep to the slaughter.' Kael just shook his head and kept walking. There was no use in moping about what had happened to him, or pining about what could have been. 'This is what I was chosen for, so I must trust that the old gods have something good in store for me. Perhaps the military is not the only way that I can serve.' Kael stopped dead cold as he arrived at the destination. He collected himself before entering his soon to be Masters personal chambers. As he stepped forward he thought to himself, 'In hindsight I probably should have knocked. Ah fuck it, to late now.' Kael took several hesitant steps forward but he saw no one. He gathered his courage and attempted to speak, but nothing came out. Annoyance flashed through his eyes. 'Nut up, this is fucking ridiculous. It's just a woman, who cares what the stories say about her.' Kael cleared his throat noticeably, before attempting to speak once more.

Kael Kessler: "Hello? Is anyone there? I have come as you have requested."

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Reclining in a broken throne was the rather reclusive silhouette of a woman. Two eyes reflected in the soft light peering through small slots on the wall, the woman listened to the footsteps as the man entered and then heard his words. Ah, it was another promising soul... Someone who had the mark of power, the potential for strength, ones like her who were not understood by the clergy. At least there's hope there; they may not know it now.

A smirk crossed her lips, although not visibly. "Yes, enter. Show me who you are.", she hummed.

As he stepped in the door slid shut behind him -- perhaps on its own or by her power, it didn't matter much; there were bigger questions to ask. What gifts did he have? What powers did they share? Potential would be weighed, measured, and marked. What future lies in store is dependent on one thing alone. How far was he willing to go?

[member="Kael Kessler"]

Anja Aj'Rou: "Yes, enter. Show me who you are."

Kael moved to step into full view of the woman that had changed everything for him. From what he could make out of her silhouette, she was surprisingly small. One expected a woman such as this, with many legends of her circulating all across the Primeval to be rather tall. Someone that would intimidate, and strike fear into her enemies. Yet, height or size for that matter in general, were not indicative of anything. Kael knew that this woman could probably end his life in an instant, and he disliked her all the more for it. Despite this, he moved to obey. He stepped in front of her, and lowered his hood. He stood erect, with his head bowed as a sign of respect and his hands clasped behind his hands. He was unsure what she had seen in him, but for some reason he thought he would make a good force user. This had come as news to Kael, as his supposed powers had never manifested before. Yet perhaps she saw something deep inside him that Kael could not even comprehend. 'Perhaps the Gods might have something in store for me after all. While it's not as noble or glorious as dieing in battle, serving the Old Gods purpose to the truest extent becoming an Initiate would not mean the complete end to all his hopes and dreams.' All of these thoughts raced through Kaels head a million miles an hour as he tried to contain his nervousness. After a few moments he gathered the will to speak again. 'Damn, why is this so hard. I've never been like this before. Something about her...it just demands respect. I don't like it.'

Kael Kessler: "Is everything to your satisfaction Elder Aj'Rou?"

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Indeed Anja was somewhat smaller than expected, standing only five feet and eight inches tall she was far from short but in comparison to the many races of the galaxy, and the presumed height of the mighty, she did seem small in stature. It was also true that she was not particularly strong in the physical sense a keen eye would notice that she was fit -- at least athletically -- but did not have the figure of someone who exerted their body often, no by all definitions she may very well be considered 'average'. It wasn't that in which she was feared, perhaps it wasn't even in the force either. The truth of her intimidation is that she's the Host Lord one of the most powerful people in the galaxy and far from a figurehead. She commanded the loyalty of many and held a firm rule over many more. The greatest asset to her was intelligence, tact, and decisiveness. Some might consider her reliance on officers to be a weakness because if the chain breaks she's left anxiously to her own whit. Not that in the witch wasn't a great commander in her own right but it would likely be a farcry from the logistical genius of Kadri Ughad or other commanders in her fleets.

In the end what the man saw was a woman, someone of flesh and blood, hardly the thing of legend but she could sense he knew it was foolish to question her powers. "I find you wanted, what is your name? tell me about yourself... What desires do you have?", she spoke softly. Already she was examining him like a specimen behind glass; waiting to be experimented on.

[member="Kael Kessler"]

Anja Aj'Rou: "I find you wanted, what is your name? tell me about yourself... What desires do you have?"

Kael stared at Anja, a bit perplexed at her question. Immediately the first thought that popped into his head was, 'To never have to see your face or this ship again?' But he knew such an answer wouldn't hold. He thought to himself for a second, 'To be frank, I didn't expect this from her. What do i want? Why does this matter to the leader of the Primeval? She knew full well what she was doing when she sent for me. It's not like what I want matters.' Despite this, Kael decided to answer as truthfully as he could. He sighed lightly before saying,

Kael Kessler: "I want to serve the old gods and the Primeval to the furthest extent of my ability, and I want people to know it. I want people to respect me, and remember me for being the most devout, the most honorable, and the most loyal. That's what I want. As for myself...What is there to say? My name is Kael Kessler, I come from Dromund Kaas. There isn't much to say Elder."

Kael shuffled his feet uncomfortably looking away from the piercing gaze of Anja. 'Damn woman doesn't ever blink eh? Unnatural that is, though who says unnatural is always a bad thing?'

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja stood from where she sat, walking over to the man in hopes of sizing him up. "Devotion, honour, loyalty... Respect.", she spoke softly, "These are marks of good men, not what come to those who want. I did not call for you because I believed you would be the most devout, honourable, or even loyal.", she added. A bit bold of her to ask, really, because loyalty meant more than just about anything else. Those who did betray her were dealt with harshly. In fact she once purged an entire world just to execute a few traitors hidden amongst those who lived there.

"Kael, you're worth much more than what you ask for.", she walked behind him and then circled around, "Be humbled by these gifts bestowed upon you... I will not tolerate the arrogance of a fool, but you're not fool. Are you?", she asked. Her eyes wandered up and down, calculating every detail but she seemed to be looking past him -- beyond the details of mere biology or what cloth covered his flesh. It was something she did often, to perceive the world through her magic rather than with her naked eyes. "What do you hope to achieve?"

[member="Kael Kessler"]

Anja Aj'Rou: "Devotion, honor, loyalty... Respect.", she spoke softly, "These are marks of good men, not what come to those who want. I did not call for you because I believed you would be the most devout, honorable, or even loyalty. Kael, you're worth much more than what you ask for. Be humbled by these gifts bestowed upon you... I will not tolerate the arrogance of a fool, but you're not fool. Are you? What do you hope to achieve?"

Kael listened to her words and his mind struggled to rap around their meanings. As she left the raised dais where her quasi throne was, he resisted the urge to turn around and have his eyes follow her as she circled him. He didn't like the way she looked at him. It was like he was being studied. Thoughts continued to go through his mind. 'What the hell is she talking about? What do I hope to achieve? Well that's karking simple. As for the arrogance of a fool? I'm anything but a fool, and I'm not arrogant. I just know the kark I'm capable of.' Kael thought to himself for a few more seconds before responding.

Kael Kessler: "What do I want? Power. Respect. Fame. What any other sensible man wants. I want to command legions of men that would die for me simply at my word; whether they want to do it or not. That's what I want."

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"So you have an ambition then? Good. Before you get what you want, you need to learn that you can't have everything... I'm not from Kaas, as you can understand; I didn't grow up in the comfort of a home. My mother gave birth and that was it. I was the property of my father who molded me, I was clay and so are you. You were born to be molded, to be commanded, to be given a purpose whether or not you desired it. You will lay down your life when you are told and despair when requested.", she went on.

This probably all sounded terrible -- to say the least. "You will command legions that will die because you ask them but not after you understand the cost of that power.", it wasn't something that could be 'explained', you could say there are trillions of stars in the galaxy but that won't bring awe. It's just an unperceived value, you can't weigh or hold it thus you can not contemplate it. But you could give a man a hundred pounds of iron and he'd fathom its weight before holding it. You could show a man fire and he'd know its pain before touching it. To know the price of commanding legions one must suffer an equal measurement.

"Tell me, do you have family?", she asked.

[member="Kael Kessler"]

Anja Aj'Rou: "So you have an ambition then? Good. Before you get what you want, you need to learn that you can't have everything... I'm not from Kaas, as you can understand; I didn't grow up in the comfort of a home. My mother gave birth and that was it. I was the property of my father who molded me, I was clay and so are you. You were born to be molded, to be commanded, to be given a purpose whether or not you desired it. You will lay down your life when you are told and despair when requested. You will command legions that will die because you ask them but not after you understand the cost of that power. Tell me, do you have family?"

Kael listened to Anja speak, and despite his dislike of her; he could not help but be enthralled in what she was saying. Only a fool would be unable to realize the raw power that she had, and the logic that was behind her every word. He knew that his life, while not the simplest and easiest, was far from an uncomfortable one. Surprisingly, her comments about him being clay that was to listen and be molded were not negatives to him. Kael had been preparing for this his entire life, he had just expected to be serving the old gods; not the mysterious Primeval leader. He was prepared to do whatever was necessary to serve to gods to his fullest extent and make sure his line carried on successfully. As she finished speaking, he puzzled over her words. Only after a few seconds did he realize she had asked him a question. His brow furrowed, unsure whether or not her question had a negative or a positive connotation. He again decided to answer as truthfully as he could.

Kael Kessler: "Just my father, though it's not like I'm exactly brimming with affection for him. If he was not of my own blood, I would not have liked him very much; despite the fact that I carry a lot of respect for him."

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Kael's honesty was realized. Little did many know that Umbarans could tell when most organics are lying; let alone read or even influence and control their will. As a force-user, one thing the Host Lord lacked in particular was the ability to perceive the biological changes of someone through the force. She also lacked the ability to mask herself from force-users as well... This ignorance to her own powers stems entirely from a lack of education on the matter. What mastery she has obtained is through experience and survival alone, discovering by herself and using the world as a teacher.

Anja listened carefully to what he said and his words were almost music to her ears. A father that he wasn't particularly close with... If she did ask him to end the life of his own father it wouldn't be the same as when she killed the only person who she shared affection with. No... She'd have him do something much worse, far more anguishing.

"Ruin his life... Then you will understand."

[member="Kael Kessler"]

Anja Aj'Rou: "Ruin his life... Then you will understand."

Kael stared at Anja, a questioning look forming on his face. 'Ruin his life? What does she mean?' Kael stared her in the face, trying to get a feel for her personality and what she might mean by her comments. He drew a blank on her personality. She definitely was a well guarded person. He couldn't dig up anything about her, and something told Kael that this wasn't all due to the fact that she was a force user. There were plenty of powerful force users dotted all over the Galaxy, yet Anja had been the once who had been chosen to lead the might of the Primeval. He licked his chapped lips before asking her what she meant, half afraid of the answer she might give and half excited.

Lurcano Car'dann: "Do you mean what I think you mean by that comment? Is it an order? What will I understand?"

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Her feet dragged back to the seat she sat in earlier where she proceeded to lounge once more. Two eyes were now fixed like a predator on its prey. A whole new demeanor overcame her as if everything before was just a mask for some perverse reason. "I don't want you to kill him, if that's what you think. I want him to suffer. If he loves anyone I want you to kill them, if he works I want you to make sure that he exerts himself to make feeble living. If he has anything precious I want you to destroy it. I want you to make his life miserable, to destroy every purpose he has until he has but one left -- being your father. In that final moment you will reveal yourself as the catalyst of all his pains."

If in the end he doesn't kill him, he'd at least question whether or not it would be the merciful thing to do. Having him merely kill his father would leave remorse, perhaps, but it wouldn't teach him anything if they're not that close. It'd be no different than killing a distant friend.

[member="Kael Kessler"]

Anja Aj'Rou: "I don't want you to kill him, if that's what you think. I want him to suffer. If he loves anyone I want you to kill them, if he works I want you to make sure that he exerts himself to make feeble living. If he has anything precious I want you to destroy it. I want you to make his life miserable, to destroy every purpose he has until he has but one left -- being your father. In that final moment you will reveal yourself as the catalyst of all his pains."

Anja Aj'Rou: "I don't want you to kill him, if that's what you think. I want him to suffer. If he loves anyone I want you to kill them, if he works I want you to make sure that he exerts himself to make feeble living. If he has anything precious I want you to destroy it. I want you to make his life miserable, to destroy every purpose he has until he has but one left -- being your father. In that final moment you will reveal yourself as the catalyst of all his pains."

Kael's expression of curiosity and awe slowly turned into bemusement as Anja spoke and he resisted the urge to just shake his head at her words and laugh out loud. 'Is she off her rocker? How the hell will this help me with anything I might need to do to aide the Primeval in our quest to find the Old Gods?' Yet, despite laughing at her proposition upon first hearing of it, a nagging feeling began to become apparent in the back of his mind. 'As asinine as this might seem, I do suppose it is an order. It would be imprudent to ignore it. And father did say to entertain her every need. I would just be following orders eh? And anyway, don't you want to get that bastard back for what he did. It wont be so bad, the old man is strong; he can take it.' Kael continued with his subconscious back and forth, quickly coming to a decision. He didn't see the point of what Anja had described to him, but he would go along with it; albeit not very reluctantly as his fathers actions were still ripe in his mind. He composed himself before speaking, attempting to seem reluctant and uncertain.

Kael Kessler: "Well....alright. Fine. If you are ordering me to, I guess I don't have much a choice then hm? How is this exactly going to work? Am I going to have to go about everything by myself, or will I have help?

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"You will use your wits. We'll provide your transport."

After that the Host Lord said nothing else; she remained silent. Her eyes were still just as fixed on him then as they were before whilst she laid back into the seat of her chair. The faint sound of others echoed in the distance, screams and yells -- commotion.

A cold feeling overcame the room in the moments of silence before she finally waved her arm; to send him away. Perhaps he still had questions and maybe she'd answer but not a sound escaped her lips and it seemed she was uninterested in him for the time being. How he completed his objective; that was all that mattered to her. It was not a task of skill or talent but sheer will. How far would he go? Could he do it? What limits did he have? These were the questions she wanted answers for.

[member="Kael Kessler"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom