Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Vassal in the Musk

Toydaria-TCW_zpsow6yodrw.png
Region: Mid Rim​
Sector: Kastolar Sector​
System: Toydaria System​
In the Kastolar system, there is a emerald planet by the name of Toydaria. This world was one of many to be dominated by the Hutts. This is were Jayce was to meet a mysterious benefactor, who asked for the assistance from a mercenary. The Gray Jedi ears picked up this news from the cantina, the message stated that more information would be available upon their meeting. Jayce wasn't one for mercenary work but needed the credits to keep the Raptor's Claw afloat. The environment was not suitable for the young man. It was to hot, mostly due to the swamps catching the sun's heat and holding it in till night. Upon landing on the murky planet, he saw one of the great marvels of the world, the Toydarian Palace. It was huge, the sight could even be seen from the planet's atmosphere.
The bumpy landing came to a halt on the relatively safe of algae mats. Jayce began to think about the mission at hand. The message wasn't entirely specific on the reward. Really hope I don't get stiffed again. Examining the terrain that laid before him, it was apparent that dangerous creatures roamed this emerald world. The stories of the Hutts hunting grabworms for fun made Jayce's skin crawl. Anything grabs me, its head is getting sliced to pieces. The young man thought while bouncing his saber hilt in his hand.

Dropping the ship's bay door, the heat began to pour into the spacecraft. The humidity was horrifically dense, the sweat began to flourish on Jayce's brow. He hoped that the client would show up soon. Why they picked this planet for a meeting spot was beyond him, but credits are credits. Walking through the forest-like swamp made the heat even worse. The scenery was dim and full of green flora and algae, the trees smashing together forming a roof.

"I really hope there is a village near by, or this trip is going to be murder."

After about twenty minutes of walking there was a rustling in the trees. The ground began to vibrate every second for about a minute. Suddenly, a grabwarm emerged from the thick wet soil, screeching at Jayce.

"Listen. You really don't want to try anything. Trust me." Looking like it obeyed, the worm slithered back into the ground. "Huh. Maybe creatures can be reasoned with." Moments later, the young man felt a tug on his boot. The worm was trying to pull him under the swamp, to suffocate and eventually eat him. "Cute." A humming noise erupted, Jayce's crimson red crossguarded lightsaber had been ignited. The worm continued to pull but in seconds, its head was cut clean from its body. "Tried to warn ya." Flicking the switch and holstering his saber he continued on his path. He began to get weirded out over what just transpired. Then, a view of a tiny village filled his pupils.

Guess I'll mingle till the client comes. The Gray Jedi eagerly awaited his mystery associate.

[member="CazoaMani"]

The planet was hot and humid, yet it’s seemingly elegant beauty seemed to make you forget just how sticky you truly felt. Waterfalls, swamps and brilliant green forests flooded the landscape, making for picturesque locations many sought peace in, trying to find temporary respite from their troubles. Despite the peacefulness, if you left the confines of the settlements dotted on the surface, you were sure to stumble across vicious creatures that would eat you for lunch. The algae that grew on everything emitted a distinctive stink that burned your nose, but after a while, even that was forgotten in the tranquillity.

It was on this emerald beauty that Cazoa’s travels had bought her to. It had been a mere three months since her adoptive father had died in her arms, his dying request for her to continue his search for his kidnapped wife. Cazoa had never met her, she had been ripped from her husband, Balzo, some ten years before Cazoa had learned of the couple’s existence. Even though the relationship with her adoptive father hadn’t been an official father-daughter bond until his last moments, she felt a sense of duty to at least attempt to continue his life-purpose. After all, he had set her free from her own shackles of slavery. In his last moments, Balzo had handed her one of several journals telling the story of his extensive search to find his wife, Meela. The entries were written in letter form, filled with adoration, pain, and desperation. It had touched her in some kind of way, and so for the last few months, Cazoa had been checking off planets from a list Balzo had composed in the back of the journal. Each destination had or still did harbour slaves, an opportunity to find Meela, and Toydoria was next on the list.

The last two places Cazoa had visited had turned out to be pretty dangerous encounters, both locations being in Hutt space. She understood now why Balzo had accumulated a crew over the years to help in such situations. But not one for company, especially with emotions still raw inside her, Cazoa had opted to hire only one mercenary to accompany her to various settlements on the planet. A compromise, she felt, between dying and putting up with companionship.

And so she walked through the market stalls of a small village where she would begin her search for Meela. So as not to draw attention to her usual mercenary look while she snooped, she opted to wear clothing that would guise her as a tourist – someone who was here to relax in the many spas, and trek to behold the prettiness of the waterfalls. Apparently the algae here could be turned into an anti-aging serum…though by the looks of the humans here, she guessed it was a scam the Hutts and Toydarians had masterminded for credits.

Cazoa wore her hair down, the long dark curls fell almost to her waist. Her top was made from a light grey fabric with cut off sleeves exposing her pale skin. Her skin tight, khaki trousers were tucked into brown boots. All in all, she looked inconspicuous, but still people gazed, her natural beauty seemed to rival that of the emerald globe she walked upon.
As for weapons, she had a DL-44 pistol tucked into the elastic of her trousers, the grip hidden by her top and two knives sheathed in each of her boots.

After pretending to scour most of the market stalls selling odd trinkets, food, and health serums made from the algae – none of what interested her – she found herself at the edge of the village. In truth she was actually looking for someone, somebody that would resemble the mercenary she had called on two days prior. Cazoa had asked him to meet her here at a fountain that stood at the centre of town at noon, and by the feel of the sun, it was almost time.

She pretended to be reading a label on a little pot filled with green mush when she had noticed a figure emerging on a path that cut through the trees.

This is him, her gut told her.

She didn’t necessarily need her strange abilities to tell her that this was who she was looking for – he definitely looked out of place, he didn’t look like a tourist. She would have to get him to change into something more appropriate, plus he must be baking in his all black attire.

Just to be sure, Cazoa watched him from a distance as he sat at the foundtain, at exactly noon.

[member="Jayce R. Vitalus"]

Strolling out of the swampy jungle was murder for the young Grey Jedi. His black attire was sticking to his body, sweat had seeped into everything. Regretting the decision of the his favorite black attire, he began to make some adjustments. First removing his black cloak, exposing his jet black Stormtrooper armor. Then he released the straps that clung to the battle suit. Piece by piece they fell to the ground. Next, he removed the long sleeves from his shirt, the clothe make a ripping noise as he pulled them clean off. Tearing one sleeves into pieces and using some of the material to make a bandanna. "That should help stop the sweat from getting into my eyes," he said with glee. Not wanting to lose his armor, the young man found a tree near the entrance of the forest. He place the suit behind it and covered it with branches. "Now I think I'm ready to find that mystery person." Jayce hoped that this small village was the only stop he had to make to find the individual he was looking for. If not, the search continued.

The settlement was blanketed in sand, a nice change of pace from the swampy algae. Passing the market stalls, a Toydarian flew in front of his face. The suddenness made Jayce flinch, not in fear but in surprise.

"Would you like a vial of my instant cure? It can fix any ailment the planet has to offer. I'll sell it to you for cheap!" The Toydarian was reciting his tradesman speech.

"What the hell. If it works I'll come back and buy more. If this planet almost kills me, I'll be back for my credits. Deal?" Jayce was very strict about his money.

"Uh.. Uh.." The flying creature was questioning himself. He hoped that the story behind the cure was real. Or better yet, the young man died and didn't come back for his credits. "Deal."

Trading the credits and quickly moving along, Jayce turned to the Toydarian. Pointing his fingers at his electric blue eyes, then pointing them at the creature. The business man quickly flew away. Jayce started to look around. His search lead him to a fountain in the middle of the village. The water looked tantalizing but Jayce refrained from drinking it. No sense in poisoning himself and having to use the costly cure so soon.

Looking off into the distance, scanning the area. I hope I don't have too wait to long. Sitting on the fountain, he began to meditate. He knew this would make him an easy target for someone looking to rob him. He intended it for the individual who was seeking him out. Easier to spot the strange man sitting with his hands folded and legs crossed.

Certain that the young man was her contact, Cazoa began to weave her way through the crowds to him. She sat down on the stone grey ledge of the fountain, a few feet between them. The trickle of the water behind her cast a peaceful tune, making her feel calm. Yet as she focused her empath energies, she realised that the serenity she felt was radiating from him. He looked to be meditating.

‘Hello,’ Cazoa whispered, trying not to startle him from his reflection.

In the brief silence, Cazoa went back inside of herself to attempt to ‘read’ anything that she could find within him. It was a habit upon meeting anyone with a significance to her; an ability that had been with her since childhood. It had always been focused around the feelings of the other person – whatever they felt, she could pick up on. A few times, she had been able to manipulate the weaker minded, turning their feelings of animosity into harmony, or a calculating seduction of trust which she abused for her gain. It was a power that drew from the force, but Cazoa denied herself of all association with something that would mean that she was special. Plagued with insecurities, and bad luck, she didn’t believe in her worthiness, and chose to keep her powers secret from everybody she met. Little did she know that most cultivated force users, could easily sense the chaotic disturbance in the force when she was near.

On occasion, Cazoa would come across individuals that were strong minded – making it considerably more difficult to discover their true intentions given away by their feelings. This young man was one of them – all she felt was the tranquillity he emitted and the unique pattern of his spirit.

Intuition was one thing that Cazoa had always trusted, and in this moment, it told her that she did not need to run.

‘I believe you are the mercenary I have been waiting for.’

The peaceful feeling of meditation always brought Jayce to a nice easy flow. He envisioned the light and the darkside swirling in a pool, like fish, spiraling around repetitively. Examining the sea life and began to feel a certain knowledge appear before him. The key to understanding the balance better than anyone could even possibly comprehend. "Hello." A voice shock him from the trance and his spirit rocketed back to the body it left behind on the emerald planet. Feeling awake in his skin, one eye cracked open. Inside, he was screaming like a roaring volcano on Mustafar. The voice continued.

"I believe you are the mercenary I have been waiting for." The whispering voice relayed to him.

He blamed himself for why he lost his vision. It was he, who decided to have a meaningful dream in the middle of a town square. Always picking the worst spots to meditate in was Jayce's specialty. It was revealing that it was his client and not a cutthroat that made him awake from his dreamland with empty pockets. Chasing some poor fella down was not what the young man intended for today. Today was about business and that profit just sat next to him. Time to get to work.

In a calm manner, Jayce whispered back. "Yes, you are correct. Shall we discuss business?"

The client was a beautiful young woman with long brown curls, pale peach skin and grey eyes. Jayce was baffled. He wasn't expecting this when he accepted the job. The universe has a funny way of giving you silly little gifts when you least anticipate them. After examining her features, the force began to pick something up. There was something more to her, she had a very familiar aura around her. The young Gray Jedi couldn't tell where he felt something like this before. Who is this girl?

[member="CazoaMani"]

In a calm manner, the young man whispered back to her, ‘Yes, you are correct. Shall we discuss business?’

Cazoa nodded and briefly turned her eyes to the busy street in front of them. She doubted anybody would be listening to the pair.

‘I’m searching for someone,’ she began, returning her gaze to the man’s electric blue eyes. She lowered her tone as she continued. ‘A slave. After some digging, I’ve narrowed her whereabouts to this planet, though it is uncertain if she is really here, or even alive.’

‘Many Hutt come to this planet,’ she continued. ‘To visit the spas, and the brothels. But more importantly, a huge party is thrown at the palace once a year, celebrating beauty. The Hutts bring their harems, and show off their most beautiful women, and fight their strongest. You don’t necessarily have to be a Hutt to enter the competitions – though you have to pay a hefty price to be considered. After digging around, I believe the woman I’m searching for belongs to one of the Hutts that will be attending the event. If she is there, I need you to help me retrieve her. It will be dangerous, there will be many guards...and many riches’

‘I have two goals and two possible ways that we could enter the party. If you are interested in my proposition, then I will continue.’

Jayce listened intently as the young woman spoke. Making sure he caught every detail that passed through her lips. The two words that clung to his mind was Hutts and Riches. The Hutts were very wealthy and very powerful creatures. What the lack in good looks, they make up for in money and power. If they gangsters were throwing a party, it would take a massive amount of credits to be even considered to be let in. This disturbed Jayce, losing money wasn't part of the arrangement, but the young woman had plans of getting in. Might as well hear her out.

"What do you propose we should do?" Jayce stared into the young woman's grey eyes. "Also I believe I haven't properly introduced myself. Jayce Vitalus, at your service." He held his hand out for a nice handshake.

It was unusual for Jayce to be impolite and go straight to business, but it was too hot to remember such pleasantries. The worst part for him was the fact that this planet was the job site. He could already feel the sweat pouring off his face. Let's just hope this doesn't get too agonizing.

[member="CazoaMani"]

Cazoa shook his outstretched hand, noting his name.

‘I’m Cazoa,’ she responded. ‘As for gaining entrance to the party, I have two options - which we will ponder together and decide which would be better suited to our talents. We can either steal the blueprints to the Palace and gain entrance that way, keeping to the shadows whilst searching for the slave. Or we can enter you as a competitor and myself guised as a member of your harem. To do the latter we require a large amount of credits, which is why I am offering a jewel in my possession to be given as a bribe to the Hutt in charge of admissions.’

Her thoughts briefly fell to the amethyst that her adoptive father had handed to her in his last moments alive. It was a large rock, infused with some kind of compound that made it glint softly like it had the Galaxy’s stars themselves inside of it. Cazoa was positive this rare jewel would be of high interest to the Hutt.

‘Though this jewel holds a sentimental value to me,’ she continued. ‘and I will require it back. The Hutt in charge of admissions takes all kinds of bribes from people across the Galaxy wanting to gain entrance to the prestigious event. He operates at the palace, and keeps all of his precious bribes in his chambers where he can gloat over them. Not only will we retrieve my jewel, but also all the others he keeps. It will be a small fortune, enough to keep each of us well fed for a few years.’

Given Cazoa’s competent history of thievery and the likes, the task at hand would have been easily achieved if it weren’t for the fact that there would be many Hutt gangsters, and many of their guard, roaming the palace halls making it a near impossible feat. In truth, she cared more for finding Meela, but she had no payment for Jayce other than that they acquired in the Hutt’s private treasury.

She didn’t know if Jayce had any experience with stealth, but her instincts told her that there was more to this young man that met the eye.

The two options spun around Jayce's head like a vortex. He was by no means sneaky and the competition sounded like the better option. Thinking about the jewel that Cazoa wanted to offer tempted the Gray Jedi to pick that option right away. But hearing that it held sentimental value to his client made him quickly change his mind. If someone asked him to give up something that he cherished, it would not end well. Little things in life shouldn't be taken for granted. Turning his head to, he gazed upon the lightsaber hilt on his belt. This was Jayce's most cherished item and nothing was going to separate him from it.

Peering back into the young woman's silvery eyes, he realized this must be really important to her. Rubbing his scare that rested on above his right eye, Jayce began to weigh the options. If I can just be sneaky for once, maybe we can save the person she is looking for. The Gray Jedi was puzzled. He had never been in this type of situation before and it was ridding on him to help rescue someone.

"Where can we find these plans? It would be easier for me to fight, yes. But I will not make you trade in something so precious to you. Tell me what I need to do and I will help the best way I can."

[member="CazoaMani"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom