Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Van-Derveld Walked Into A Bar...Yeah, Yeah, I've Heard This One

Ignasius Van-Derveld

I'm the mother flippin'

Destiny's Grasp | Undercity | Nar Shaddaa​

The body odour of a thousand species created an intoxicating aroma that complemented the visage of Destiny's Grasp. This was Iggy's least favorite bar on his least favorite world, which made it the perfect place to find someone that did not want to be found by him in particular. Weequay, Bith, and humans alike milled about, making it easy for the grimy spacer to get lost amongst the crowds.

Pushing past a particularly scarred Rodian, Ignasius found his way to an empty spot at the bar. Across the other side of the bar he noted his target. What he saw did not surprise him, still fit and athletic looking but so skinny he could be snapped like a twig. Iggy liked it that way.

The barkeep came up to offer a drink, but the smuggler just waved him away. For once in his life, he was not here to drink. He would need his wits about him for this job.

Aron Na'Vella

Mr. I-think-this'll-work
Of all the bars in all the galaxy, Aron found himself in Destiny's Grasp. It was the perfect place for the young mechanic to get some alone time. No one would ever think to look for him in this place, let alone the undercity of Nar Shaddaa. It could be a dangerous place to those who didnt know any better, or those looking for some trouble. The smells alone were enough to knock even the most hardy man unconscience.

He wasnt hiding from anyone in particular; he just needed some space. That thought in itself had a double meaning. He had been home for a year now and the invisible ropes that tethered him to this place were starting to pull tighter. Aron longed for the endless expanse of space again. His heart ached to be at the helm of a ship again, flying across the stars. His work as a mechanic was allowing him to save some money, but he was no where near being able to buy himself a ship.

The young man sighed heavily. He had been staring at the beer in front of him for hours it felt like. The glass was still mostly full with the pale gold substance. He stretched his arms and legs and let out a yell that was lost to the sounds of the bar. His frustration was starting to grown and he would soon find himself hiding out on another smuggler's ship again just for some action. He rolled his neck around to get rid of the stiffness. Just as he came full circle, his eyes locked on an individual who was watching him from across the bar.

"Frak."

Quickly, Aron reached into his pocket for enough cash to pay the barkeep and even tossed in a bit extra for what he was about to do. Picking up his glass, he took one more swig of the cold beer before heaving the still full glass at the man across from him. Just as he released his new projectile, the young man turned an ran. Lucky for him he was small enough to fit through the tiny gaps between patrons, and soon he was out the door and bolting off down the crowded streets.

Ignasius Van-Derveld

I'm the mother flippin'
@[member="Aron Na'Vella"]​

Smirking, Ignasius had begun to stand as the young man downed the last of his liquor. That decision was enough for Iggy to know that he already had the best of the situation. He still had to keep up with the youngster till he wore down. That was the thing that made the smirk drop from Iggy's dial.

"Ah...do we have too."

Unlike the thin runner, Ignasius could not slip between the gap in the crowd. So to supplement agility Ignasius dropped his shoulder and made a way through. One particular Aqualish did not take kindly to this just as Iggy was about to leave the same door of as the kid. Weapons were drawn, barrels jutting straight at faces. Iggy did not flinch for a second. The Aqualish mouthed off...well, he would have if there was a mouth.

"We can both die...if you want..."

Another few drunken grunts were thrown his way.

"Ah hell..."

Pivoting on his left heel, Iggy avoided the first blaster bolt and then rolled out the door. Behind him her her pursuing steps. Now out in the street, Ignasius gazed around and caught sight of a head bobbing up out of the crowd. There was his target...but now he was a target too.

Ignasius jumped and took hold of a fire escape ladder. Clambering up, he jumped onto a mezzanine walkway. Here he could see the escapee and hopefully already have avoided the Aqualish. It was time to run.

Aron Na'Vella

Mr. I-think-this'll-work
@[member="Ignasius Van-Derveld"]​

The screech of blaster fire followed the young man as he ran through the streets. He didnt even both to look back to see if the smuggler was still following. Aron knew he would be. A man like Ignasius Van-Derveld did not give up lightly, and if Aron knew anything, the other man would be enjoying the hunt. Luckily for Aron, he grew up on the streets and new the maps like the back of his hand.

He turned a sharp corner and came face to face with a chain fence twice his height. "Well that's new..." he said to himself before taking a running leap. He his fingers gripped the metal links and quickly started making their way up the fence. As he grapsed the top bar, the Nar Shaddaaian vaulted himself over to the other side landing in a half full trash compactor. It took him a moment to scramble through the mess to get to the other side. Just as he threw one leg over he heard footsteps coming towards him. Fast. Cursing again, Aron tried to run before his other leg was completely out of the bin and tumbled to the ground.

He hit the ground hard and quickly got back to his feet, his arms and knees now throbbing with the pain of impact. This was going to slow him down. But with little choice, Aron took off down the side street once again. He couldnt be sure what the other man would do if he caught up and he certainally didnt want to find out.

Ignasius Van-Derveld

I'm the mother flippin'

Who was shooting? What the heck? Ignasius glanced to his right and saw a bar brawl, turned ugly, ending in a nearby alleyway. The shot that ended the brawl had left a Rodian sprawled on the ground. Well, at least it was not him, and at least it was not someone shooting the kid that he was chasing. as for the chase, it was going alright.

Ignasius had not lost any ground, but had not really gained. He was running on the ledges and rooftops that led him on the same path as the runaway. It was easier than pushing through the crowds, though it presented its fair share of unique issues. There were times when his path ended, and he had to jump, swing or climb to engage in further pursuit. So while he did move faster than his prey, he did slow down to find a new path occasionally. The chain fence was the deciding factor though, it seemed. For Ignasius needed only to run past it, but the young runner slowed significantly to vault it, and then seemed hampered by injury. Ignasius smiled. It was almost over.

An old flagpole provided Ignasius the route of decent, though his right index finger was snagged for a moment and caused a painful dislocation. "Ruttin' bantha crap!" He breathed harshly. The moment that he had taken to pop his finger back into its socket, had provided the young man to round a corner and fall out of sight again. Iggy drew his gun. "This friggin' stops here."

His blaster drawn he rounded the corner...

Aron Na'Vella

Mr. I-think-this'll-work

Van-Derveld's cursing casued the young mechanic to look behind him. He was way to close for comfort.

Aron kept hobbling along the alley way, hoping the his pursuer had lost sight. He rounded the corner, his attention still held by the man chasing him. Two steps later he found himself hitting a brick wall. Aron stumbled to the ground again, completely caught off guard by the obstruction. Looking up, he cursed himself. The brick wall turned out to be an angry Aqualish and some buddies for his. Recognizing them from the bar, Aron figured that they were after Ignasius. Or well, he hoped they were after him and not on his side.

The young man scrambled to his feet and found a blaster matching its master's stare. The Aqualish said something and his goons began to laugh. Unsure of what exactly was going on, Aron gave a nervous laughter. A quick jab into his stomach with the nose of the blaster had the mechanic on his knees in an instant. Gasping for breath he thought he heard Ignasius' voice again. A giant hand dragged Aron to his feet and soon had him facing the direction he had just come from. His vision slowly began to focus again and his eyes fell upon the fuzzy shape of the smuggler who had spent his time chasing after Aron.

"Oh hey Ig," he said, grunting through the pain. He felt the barrel of another blaster push against the side of his head, "Friends of yours?"

Ignasius Van-Derveld

I'm the mother flippin'

Ignasius froze. "Ah hell kid...why'd ya have to go and get yourself caught?" He bemoaned with blaster pointed now at the Aqualish, "I would have taken good care a ya."

Turning his attention to the Aqualiah and his pals. Ignasius shrugged, "I bumped into you...you really that easily bothered?"

"Tiktrak dok nasrad vak mukort!" Yelled the Aqualish, pointing his blaster briefly away from Aron and towards himself like he was pointing at him.

"He is upset that you do not recognize him," came the voice of the one of his compatriots, translating for the situation.

"Cad MART! Cad MART!" Yelled the Aqualish again.

"Mart!" Ignasius said with raised brows, "you're...looking....better!"

"Dat marv mostranda!" He yelled in reply, pressing the barrel of his weapon in the base of Aron's head.

Iggy raised his hands and showed his finger off the trigger of his own weapon. "Whoa! Whoa there Mart...don't take it out on the boy!" Ignasius said with some urgency, "whaddaya want, Mart? I'll give ya what ya want...just let me and the boy go...alright?"

"He said you deserve to hurt like he hurt," came the belated translation.

"Dand varnt postrat?!" He yelled, "Dand varnt postrat?!"

"What will you offer him in return for this child?"

"I ain't given ya my ship," Ignasius said straight away.

"Then what else have you to trade?" Came the instant request from the human translator, Mart the Aqualish looked absolutely delighted the squeamishness he saw in Ignasius.

"OK...don't shoot...just reaching for a credstick," Ignasius said as he slowly moved his free hand to his right coat pocket. He fished about a bit before he pulled out the credstick and then tossed it to the translator. "You can have everything on there..."

The translator caught the stick and plugged it immediately into a portable cred-reader that he kept on him for all their legit business dealings. The figure came up.

"Ehahahahahahahahak," laughed Mart, "cad novrad trig dod dod! Dod dod trig lik vak trak?"

"Mart says if this boy is this valuable, maybe he will kill the boy and take the credits too," said the interpreter.

Ignasius then opened his palm revealing a det-trigger. "So busy checking the coin on that thing that you did not check it for my rig? AH ah ah! Don't be pulling it out of your cred reader...that will trigger it too..."

"FAK! FAK TAD IGNATIUG! FAK TAD IGNATIUG!"

"Now now...language round such a youngin'? Shame on you Mart, shame," Ignasius said as he began to back up, "now you have ten minutes from when I press this detonator to when that credstick explodes...taking all that coin...and maybe your hand if I am lucky...so you all better be running off now to transfer those funds before that time runs out..."

Mart readied to kill the boy. The translator spoke up. "What's to stop us still from killing the boy and then going to get the credits?"

Ignasius clicked the det-trigger. "If I click it again...it blows right away...you have my word...let him go...I'll throw it to you."

Mart dug the barrel of his blaster harshly into the base of the kids skull. Cursing and lamblasting the name of Ignasius' mother, he grabbed the kid by the collar, pulled him to his feet and pushed him towards Ignasius. Iggy simply grabbed the kid by the arm, and flung the det-trigger as high into the air as he could. Blaster drawn he withdrew as fast as he could. Swearing could be heard a plenty as Aron and Iggy rounded the corner, but there was no detonation.

"Come on kid...they won't take long to get the creds...then they will be back to finish me off."

________
@[member="Magena Dray"] @[member="Aran Finn"] @[member="Jimmy Nkemdilim"]

Aron Na'Vella

Mr. I-think-this'll-work

"I'm right here you know," Aron grunted. He hated being called kid. Then again, he didnt know anyone who liked to be called a kid at all. The dialogue contined on with Aron's protests lost to the otherwise empty street. He just stood there looking frustrated as can be as the two men bartered for the young man's life. A cred chips was tossed. More words were said and Aron was pretty sure there was a threat to kill them all in there somewhere, as well as an insult to someone's mother. Then again, the Nar Shaddaaian couldnt be sure since he didnt speak the language and he wasnt completely paying attention.

"Gah! Frak!" he yelled in pain as the Aqualish smashed the pistol into his head and pushed him forward towards Ignasius. He stumbled forward, disoriented by the blow. His would-be-savior-if-hadnt-been-chasing-him, grabbed him by the arm hauling him up to his feet. Too many people where pulling him around today and it was starting to get old.

Next thing Aron knew, they were running again. He could feel the adrenaline start to kick in as well as the blood from the small gash on his head running down the side of his face. "Why am I always getting beat up whenever you show up?!" he said, annoyed and briefly thinking back to their last encounter.

Ignasius Van-Derveld

I'm the mother flippin'

"Look I just a paid a pretty handsome sum to get you out of that little scrap," Iggy hissed, "so I would mind my manners if I were, a simple thank you won't be enough though...not this time..."

Iggy marched along quickly. He made sure to add plenty of twists and turns into his path. He was not going to give the trio of would be murders a chance to track them. "I got me a ship...a YT-2000 called the Mage. She needs a mechanic, and if I remember right...you weren't to bad."

Pulling the kid into an alley, he essentially threw him against the wall. Lifting a finger as if to tell him not to move. "Seeing as how I just bought your arse...I figure you've got 18 hours to report to the Mage for your new job..."

Moving away from the boy, Ignasius eyed him up. "...and don't be thinkin' that I have forgotten about what you owe me..."

Iggy turned simply walked away. Over his shoulder he threw a datastick for the mechanic to catch. On it was the location and specs for the ship. "Non-explosive!" He called back over his other shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom