Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Touch of Valour

It had been a few days since Jairdain had first met Cixi. Their conversation then had been good for both of them and she had given Cixi a few things to think on. Agreeing to meet in one of the meditation rooms, what Jairdain was going to teach her first wasn't Battle Meditation, but Valour.

This was similar to the other skill, but not quite the same. Valour only enhanced one's allies and had no effect on enemies. She did not expect the girl to master it right away, but nothing ever came easy.

She sat on the floor with a few cushions around and faced the currently open door of the room. Once Cixi entered, she would request for her to close the door and motion for her to sit with her. Her clothes were well made, but still not something one would consider to be traditional Jedi robes.

A light purple tunic and dark pants, but her lightsaber was clipped to her belt. Nothing covered her hair and it spilled down her back with a slight curl. Her boots were well worn and comfortable.

"Good morning, Cixi. I hope you slept well. Today we will get started. Are you ready?"

[member="Cixi Lu"]

Cixi, in contrast, may as well have not changed - for apart from their freshness, there was naught to separate her outfit today from the one she had been wearing before.

Thin white and grey robes that rippled at the slightest breeze, hanging about her in a way that clothes really weren't meant to. Her lightsaber too hung at her hip, its gently curved form as ornate as ever.

"I am ready, Jairdain," she spoke as she sat before the other, her chocolate coloured hair still as free as always. She was as pale as ever, as white as snow, her in black eyes surrounded by a wide whiteness too wide for them.

"Thank you for the offer," she said once more.

[member="Jairdain"]

How Cixi dressed or looked was not something Jairdain would notice. Not just because she was blind, but her companion that could be her eyes wasn't present. Well, he was but not revealing himself. So Sage remained hidden in the clothing of Jairdain, it might be possible for the girl to pick up on him, but he did not appear to her yet. He was sleeping in the pocket made especially for him.

"How well can you meditate?"

Even though she was blind, after Cixi sat down in front of her, her eyes closed. Meditation was something huge with the skill Cixi wanted to learn and if the girl didn't have a strong grasp of meditation, things would be a lot more difficult.

"Make yourself comfortable and begin meditation."

This was spoken only after an answer was provided.

[member="Cixi Lu"]

Cixi blinked twice - once again wondering how to put her words. She was born to two force sensitives, healers who had used their connection to the Force in nearly every aspect of their lives. Cixi had been taught to meditate from an early age, and had been immersed in the Force almost her entire life.

"It shouldn't be a problem," she replied, measuring her response.

At Jairdain's instruction, she sat up in a more comfortable stance and breathed. She timed her breathing like a metronome, emptying her thoughts, her fears, allowing all sense of self to be washed away on the tides of the Force - allowing her own energies to pulse in time with the waxing and waning.

Nothing and everything, all and one, the Force connected everything, flowed through everything.

To meditate in the Force was to sink deeper into its flow, a feeling that could be overwhelming, like drowning - if one was not careful, one's entire being could be washed away, lost forever within the infinite majesty of the Force.

Cixi felt the energy, allowed it to calm her heart and relax her muscles. The Force was like home to her.

[member="Jairdain"]

It was a confident answer to the simple question Jairdain had given. Meditation came to both of them easily and naturally. Eventually, she reached out to Cixi through the Force.

Since Jairdain only used the Force to see with, her vision of Cixi did not change at all. An illuminated being was what the girl was and she should appear similar to her through the Force. Maybe a bit different just due to age and experiences, but still an illuminated being.

Can you hear me and think back?

She now waited to know if Cixi knew telepathy.

[member="Cixi Lu"]

All Jedi were luminescent within the Force, shining brightly due to their deep connection, the unique way that the Force flowed through them, communed with them.

Jairdain's energy, her very being. Cixi could feel but a portion of it, that which Jairdain allowed to be know, to be 'seen' as it were.

Without sound, without words, Jairdain called out to her - pure meaning and purest thought, like gentle waves, washed over Cixi. She drank them into her being and understood.

I understand and respond.

She gave back, perhaps a mite too gently - knowing the way a person's thoughts could twist the Force, and so unwilling to face such consequence.

Still, it was a strange feeling. One that she would have to experiment with in the future. Could communion as this be held over great distance? Could one receptive to this method be contacted unsolicited? These were questions for later, her training was in Jairdain's hands - not her own.

[member="Jairdain"]

Cixi might notice something about the image of Jairdain. She was not the white of an entirely pure being. The life she had led before meeting the other Jedi had been traumatic and it still left its marks on her. Through the Force right now, she kept nothing hidden from Cixi. In order to connect with her, there needed to be an opening shared between the two of them.

Her Force image gave a nod when the reply was sent. This came as naturally to Jairdain as breathing did. Her image held out hands for Cixi to take.

Connect and bond with me, Cixi. This is just a step in the direction we want to travel.

The spiritual effects that Cixi felt were natural to those that hadn't done something like this before. If she had given her personal thoughts any further focus, Jairdain would be able to answer the questions for her.

[member="Cixi Lu"]

No sentient being was pure, nor did all agree on the definition of purity in and of itself. Like Justice and Respect, it was a malleable concept oft wielded by those hoping to shape others. That Jairdain wasn't whole within the Force spoke as to how she viewed herself, and how she expected others to see herself.

Cixi was in the Force as she was in reality, thin and pale and windswept - a small young girl swept into the vastness of the galaxy, alone.

Even in this plane of otherness, Cixi's hand was tiny in Jairdain's, almost childlike were it not for her fingers which were long and bony with an almost spider-like quality to them.

With a delicate touch, she allowed herself to connect with the woman, no apprehension within her.

[member="Jairdain"]

She had no idea what she looked like to others on the plane. Jairdain could only see what others looked like and that was as luminous beings. It didn't matter the physical size of the person in reality, the Force worked differently for her here.

Cixi had a small signature, but she found her easily enough.

Here we will explore how to connect and work together mentally. I am going to bolster your morale now. Please take the time to observe what is happening and how it makes you feel.

Sending her a small amount of support, if it worked properly, Cixi would feel happier and more confident.

[member="Cixi Lu"]

Like a spreading fire, the warmth of assured confidence flowed through her, shining light into Cixi's being and clearing her mind to purpose. This was moralle, the ability to do, to act.

It felt wonderful. like she could accomplish almost anything, so long as this continued.

All thanks to Jairdain's most gentle touch.

incredible

It was all she could think, the only way she could express the way this made her feel. Moreover, the technique didn't seem too far removed from the healing arts that she was already familiar with.

In short, she felt great, she could learn, she could do this!

[member="Jairdain"]

On the field, this would be done a little differently. Here in this room though we can take the time that is needed.

Tempering just how much strength she put behind the skill, she varied the amount of Force passed into Cixi.

Valour is half of Battle Meditation basically. All your focus will be on bolstering allies and is the starting point before moving to the other skill. Now, I am going to withdraw from giving this to you. I would like you to try and replicate what I did. Do not worry about failing because it does take practice and a gentle touch.

Control was just a part of it and she now waited for the Padawan to give this her first try.

[member="Cixi Lu"]

Without Jairdain's almost literal guiding hand, the valour that had but moments ago filled her to the brim was gone as if it had never been there to begin with.

Still, she had to show that she was not a voice without consequence, had to show that she could do this - surely the most simple task if it were the first of many.

So Cixi reached out once more, attempting to reverse the effects that Jairdain had given onto her.

With confidence the watchword, she allowed the Force to flow through her and into Jairdain, like a warm summer breeze.

[member="Jairdain"]

They stayed connected through the Force. This personal connection allowed it to flow easily between the two of them.

A major difference between Battle Meditation and Valour is distance. This one can only be applied to your allies that are nearby. As the distance grows greater, the effect fades and then won't touch anybody.

When Cixi reached out to her, what she felt was cheerful and happy. Not a full bolster of her morale, but it would certainly accomplish something. This was the first time the Padawan had attempted this skill and would have to finesse her ability. In time that would happen.

You are making me feel happy. Not entirely sure if that is what you were trying to accomplish.

[member="Cixi Lu"]

Cixi paused a moment, considering her actions and their affects. Warmth brought happiness, then what inspired confidence? What would drive the demons of doubt and fear from the mind?

Light.

All that was good and pure. She allowed these thoughts to consume her, the presence of light to flow through her in the Force, through their connection and into Jairdain's heart.

Confidence came from strength, morale came from the strength of others. She just had to be strong and help Jairdain be strong as well.

I can do this. As can you.

[member="Jairdain"]

As if a key had turned and unlocked within her, what Cixi intended to give her was felt. She felt both happy and now stronger in her abilities. It was the confidence of the Light that gave it to her.

What works for me might not work for others. This is a skill you need to practice on more than just me when you find the time. I am sure you will find willing partners to practice with. Now to test your ability, I will come out of the meditation. Stay in yours and see then if you can still affect me.

With that, Jairdain withdrew from the meditation but did not sever the mental connection the two of them had. With Cixi still in meditation, that connection might be needed to allow them to communicate with each other. This came naturally to Jairdain and speak through telepathy was nothing more than thought for her.

[member="Cixi Lu"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom