Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Tired Selonian

Lan Raegin

L
Lan sat at the edge of a bar, a drink of Corellian Brandy before him and a blaster sitting next to it. The tired old Commander looked at the two different vices, war and drink. He scoffed slightly and picked up the glass of brandy, slurping it into his gullet and then slamming the glass down. He frowned slightly as he thought over the past few weeks.

Saleucami, Ossus, Manpha, Nar Shaddaa, battle, hell. Everything was drawing to a close for Havoc. In the past few weeks he had seen more of his men die than he had in his entire life time. Havoc squad members were dropping like flies, and if it was this bad for Havoc, then it was worse for the Republic military. He knew that it was all for a good cause, that it was happening in order to rid the galaxy of am evil beyond measure, but what of the soldiers?

War on the Sith was all well and good, but what of the cost in lives? What of the soldiers who could not use lightsabers or the force? The ones who were so desperately vulnerable on the field of battle.

What of those that died every day for the betterment of the galaxy. Where were their monuments? Where were their celebrations? Lan spit on the floor of the Cantina, and ugly frown on his face. He was getting sick of war, sick of the brutality, sick of the killing. Yet the Jedi kept pushing them, kept on moving the Republic to war, kept them fighting. It was disgusting that these peacekeepers had sunk so low.
Yet there was nothing he could do about it, so he drank.

A frown settled on his fuzzy little face as he downed another drink.

Daisy CZ Mk 2 006

D
War, war is hell they say. But what truly is war? A spark that ignites into a blaze of violence and death? A never ending struggle for power amongst the cosmos to see who is the rightful owner? Or perhaps just seeing what race holds the biggest stick? War is all these things and so much more, with war comes honor, glory, desolation, death and horror. War lays at both ends of the spectrum of good and evil and can be twisted to serve both, but this isn't about right, wrong, good or evil. This isnt about the philosohy and understanding of war. This is about a man and his brothers, this was about how war brought them together through the bond and shared agony of it. This was the beginning of a long and bloody campaign and two soldiers from opposite worlds coming together for a drink.

A rather tall woman walked into the bar to sit down next to the small furry little creature, she wore full combat armor and a helmet to cover her face. In truth daisy didn't like being outside of her armor, it made her feel weak and vulnerable, and if there were two things the Czar didn't do it was weak and vulnerable. "You look troubled." she only said that to the man and looked down at him. The six ten woman stared at him blankly and coldly. She wasnt about to start a fight with an ally like before, she had enough friendly blood on her hands and she felt like she needed to make amends to havoc and the republic for she had done to steph and a few other force users the galaxy had to offer.

Socializing was difficult for daisy and she didn't like to talk about things outside of military operations. The galactic empire had recently joined this little skirmish between the sith and republic on the side of the mandalorians but the enemy of my enemy was my friend. Not that the republic were enemies of the emperor they just we're a threat that could one day turn on them. Trying to muster up something to say the woman couldn't and simply sat there next to the man @[member="Lan Raegin"]

Lan Raegin

L
“Twenty years of war.” Lan said to the woman that had sat down next to him. He had no idea who she was or what she wanted, but he could instantly tell that she was a soldier, and that meant he could gripe to her, plus he was already a little drunk. He frowned slightly and his head swirled form side to side as he took another drunk, a scowl growing on his face. “I have been at war for twenty years.”

“Even when the Sith hadn't been around. When the Protectorate was just on Fondor, when the Mandalorians only held Mandalore. I was already at war.” Lan frowned and then motioned to the bar keep to give him another drink. He was clearly in mourning.

Lan had lost more than half of his squad in the last two months, Havoc members were falling one by one. They were dropping like flies and their Commander could barely stand to watch it.

Doc came into the bar, holding the helmet in his hands. He gulped, nervously catching a seat. He wasn't a clone anymore, because the writer had decided that the whole clone spin didn't really leave him with a muse, also he kept imagining that one thing where he was two guys together, yeah, anyway. Doc tapped his hands on the bar, leaning forward. He was nervous, and he was so young.

"It's hard...sir. Being, at war. All the time. I don't like losing people on the field. I feel...kinda empty sometimes, when I can't save someone. I don't like it, sir. Not one bit. But...I think it's worth it."He stood up in the chair, nervously. Even in his armor and commando training, the tiny little fuzzball made him nervous. He was simply a medic, a good one at that, but combat wasn't exactly his strongsuit.

Daisy CZ Mk 2 006

D
She looked over to the small furry soldier and nodded her head. In truth she lacked the empathy to even care if the man was suffering. She didn't care how many of his men died or even if they had a family to go to at the end of the day. Her training and augmentation had broken her mentally in project pantheon. But she tried to feel what the man was to no success. "Sometimes people just die, and theres nothing we can do. Just save, who we can" she spoke in small breaks trying to think of what to say to the small leader of havoc. In truth havoc squad were great soldiers and they did their part in the war. But coming off a field opp with the republic she had grown to deal with them.

She had almost killed steph Zenima at that time and she didn't regret a second of it. She could of shot babies in their cribs and she would not of regretted it. She was clearly part of the former Atrisian and now galactic empire but she was something new. something the little man had not seen. She sighed and sat there awkwardly trying to muster up anything to say. Alas words failed her and she just tried to make this less awkward as the man spilt his soul.

However she was saved by the bell, a medic of havoc had walked in. She needed to ask him if steph was ok after the pounding she had given her. He sat down and started to talk about something but she honestly didn't care what he said. "Is steph ok?" she asked doc trying to make sure she was still alive @[member="Doc"] @[member="Lan Raegin"]

Lan Raegin

L
“Steph?” Lan thought about his crazy spice addict squad member for a few weeks, she had come back worse for ware, but then again she always did. A scowl settled on his face as Doc spoke however. His words were that of the young, of the naïve. It was as simple as that to Lan. “Steph is fine. She always is.”

“Let me tell you something kids.” He refereed to both Daisy and Doc now, both of them were much younger than he and likely less experienced in combat, though that didn't mean the massive woman could kick his shebs in of course, he simply had had more time in the field, had lost more friends, had faced more horrors.

He took another sip on his drink and then continued. “I have lost more men than you can count. Friends, family, brothers. I've fought for so long, and yet over these last few months i've lost more brothers than ever before. The Jedi and their war against the Sith have driven Havocs numbers to an all time low. Hundreds of kids are dying by the day Doc, hundreds. and for what! The Republic? Freedom? No. For a cult fighting another cult. Nor for peace, but for the sake of dominance.”

Lan looked to the two other soldiers with pain in his eyes.

“And there's nothing I can do.” You had to feel for the fuzzy little guy, he knew true anguish.

Daisy CZ Mk 2 006

D
" call me kid and I will break you like I broke steph." The woman said as cold and calm as when she told steph right before he broke her rib cage into shards of glass. Daisy wasn't one to make threats but what the main had felt, that pain was nothing compared to the pain of being ripped into pieces removing organs and injecting fire into your blood. After that the woman was subjected to a years worth of abuse and training to turn her into an emotionless killing machine, she was nothing more than a hollow shell of her former cute girly girl fun loving self and she was going to die this way, there was no going back to that life. "People die, get over it." he said to both of the men, she had lost fellow brothers on combat deployments before she was turned into this thing. But now both men could be executed in front of her and she wouldn't bat an eye.

She turned her head to the commando leader and cocked it her helmet staring at him cold and blanky. She cared not for who was the mightiest cult in the galaxy, the only thing she cared about was who or what she was assigned to kill. And right now rolling with havoc on combat deployments against the sith was not what she preferred. Due to the treaty with the mandos the galactic empire would help in the war against the sith. Looking back forward at the bar she simply sat there waiting for her next objective. Anyone with any sense of basic psychology could see the woman at her core was broken. She didn't order a drink, she just sat there and stared into oblivion. @[member="Doc"] @Jin Raegin

Doc was a man of principle, deep principles at that. He sighed at the mention of Steph, that was a whole issue in itself, and not the one at hand. He sighed, bringing his hands up to the bar, listening intently to his commander's words. He sighed, turning his head before coming back to him."You can look at Yaga Minor, Togoria, all that. The Sith are evil, the Empire is evil personified. We're not perfect, but that's war, sir. Nobody comes out the same. You, me, Havoc, are about the best chance of being a chance for good in the Republic. Maybe the Republic isn't the best thing ever, sure, but that doesn't mean that they're all wrong."Doc slammed his hands on the table, standing up over Lan now, both of his hands pressed on the counter.

"And for the record, you and I both know which 'cult' is the better. The Jedi stuck to their stupid temples and fumbled around once and a while before the Sith came along."

@[member="Lan Raegin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom