Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Time & A Place [Anse Baenshaol]

Caedyn Arenais

C
Svivren,
Home of the Trade Alliance,
The Outer Rim Territories.

Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol

QVGWVwR.png

Today would find Caedyn Arenais journeying into the region of Nalvar, having taken a contract for the local law enforcement of the Capital City Wrils and tracking a potential felon and their starship involved in the illicit trade of smuggling goods, in this case stolen and precious ores worth more than a handful of credits to the right market. Nalvar played host to a number of mining operations, the climate harsh and quite distinctive compared to the greenlands where the Jedi Enclave resided.

Such were the days spent serving and living within the Outer Rim; There were fewer missions concerning grandiose stories of Galaxy saving feats of heroics; More often than not the intervention or employ of a Jedi's service was the culling of Criminality in a City or sector of the vast expanse. Smugglers, Theives and other rogues the likes of space pirates, anyone looking to much a credit chip off of the misfortune of others. At times they were little more than law enforcement agents themselves, although doing some good in this Galaxy was at the end of the day, still within the mandate of the Jedi Path.

Having approached the location in question on foot, Caedyn looked upon the foreign vessel, landed upon one of the mining facilities landing bays and awaiting a new shipment. Caedyn couldn't be certain whether or not this current business dealing was legitimate or otherwise, however the ship in question matched the description as well as the Identification Code's he had been given.

RezIgRT.png

----|---- Playlist --|-- Caedyn Arenais ----|----

Anse walked down the ramp his hands up looking very displeased with life right then. The old man stalked ahead of a cargo-lift and glared up at him. “You did the job?
Aye. Is th’ blaster pointed at me really necessary?
You won’t be harmed as long as you get inside and keep quiet. The moment we are clear we’ll drop you at the nearest spaceport. You’d been free and clear if we hadn’t got word we need to rush.
Could just let me go now.
Can’t. Boss’ orders were to kill you, but you don’t have a stake in this.
Joy.

The old man shook his head and he was nudged back up the ramp after the cargo. When his wrists were secured to the wall with rope he sighed and sat down. “Ye know tha’ I could only put a patch on it right?
What do you mean?

Anse had smelled a new scent enter the area, so he pitched his voice louder. Hopefully whoever was nearby would catch it. “The panel above th’ joint of th’ landing gear be fragile. Th’ materials you gave me be cheap. Wouldn’t take more than a blaster to blow it to smithereens. If tha’ gets hit, it would send a surge through the circuits, you’d be dead in th’ water. Ye told me this be th’ reason it won’t fully fold up and why ye were getting me to fix it, but th’ job be half done since you are rushing. I patched it, but it won’t hold if ye be running for your lives. Let me go now, I promise ye I won’t say nothing. I don’t need your boss on my tail, I just wanna work in peace.”

The only way you are getting free right now, is if you are a corpse and I know neither of us wants that. Now pipe down or I’ll have my boy here stuff something in your mouth to shut you up!

Anse smirked at ‘the boy’. “Laddie, If ye wanna stuff my mouth full ye could, might be a fun distraction.” The ‘boy’ with a gun went beet red, the gun wavered a bit, but then he got his grip again and glared at him. “C’mon, ye can’t do tha’ and say th’ idea didn’t interest ye. At least free me and tie me to a bed eh? Then ye could keep guard and shut me up.

However all he got was silence, though the blush got darker. The Lopara settled against the wall to wait, he had a feeling he was either going to be free soon or bored out of his skull. Either way he had no choice to wait. The knot wasn’t super tight and the cheap bindings he could get free of, if he didn’t have someone staring at him with a gun in their hands. He had been in worse situations than this, so as long as his life wasn’t in danger he could just wait it out.

He wondered idly what exactly they were trying to nip. Gems maybe? Metals? His nose told him it was something mined, but one rock smelled much the same as any other to him. He saw the hatch closing, just as the ship sputtered. The engine wasn’t in the best shape either, these people were certainly desperate if they thought they would get free of this. His problem was, whoever was after them likely would give two teats to his existence. This ship would likely get blown to bits and him with it.

He gingerly tugged at the rope and growled silently. This was a very shitty start to a very shitty day.

YushaBot.png

Caedyn Arenais

C
The panel above th’ joint of th’ landing gear be fragile. Th’ materials you gave me be cheap. Wouldn’t take more than a blaster to blow it to smithereens. If tha’ gets hit, it would send a surge through the circuits, you’d be dead in th’ water. Ye told me this be th’ reason it won’t fully fold up and why ye were getting me to fix it, but th’ job be half done since you are rushing. I patched it, but it won’t hold if ye be running for your lives. Let me go now, I promise ye I won’t say nothing. I don’t need your boss on my tail, I just wanna work in peace” .

Caedyn was crouched low behind cover with the loading ramp of the vessel in sight, observing the pair while what could only be presumed a captive was trying to talk his way out of a bind. Interesting enough, the other man fit the description that Caedyn had been given of the recent sighting back in Wrils, and now he had solid confirmation of illegal activities in the form of an abduction. There wasn't much more the Jedi Knight required to be convinced that this was their man, though it never hurt to secure the payload as well.

When the pair of them moved to board and the vessels engine's fired up, Caedyn made his move quickly before the loading ramp began to close shut behind him. Interesting as far as predicaments went, the vessel must have been of freighter size though there were seemingly fewer people within than he might have suspected. First thing's first, he needed to secure the Ship, which after what he'd heard, it seemed like a good idea to feign an Engine failure and have the pilot put them back on solid land, willingly.

Quietly and ever careful, Caedyn moved down the corridor in search of the engine room, far smaller than the vessel's he'd been aboard in the recent days, he found his match. A couple of adjustments to the temperature gauge's wiring ports and it should be enough to send a warning message straight to the cockpit. With this taken care of, and with the minimal headcount, Caedyn thought it best to then search for the Hostage...

RezIgRT.png

----|---- Playlist --|-- Caedyn Arenais ----|----

The old man shouted for him to be moved, which annoyed the Lopara because he wished he’d make up his mind. He ended up stuffed in a small cramped storage compartment that was barely wider than his hips. At least it was taller than he was which wasn’t so bad. He managed to get out of the ropes around his wrists by virtue of using the confined space to lift his face near the bindings.

He could have used brute force, but using his mouth was quieter. The knot was a bit frustrating at first, but once loosened he slid back down and started to test the walls. A smart mechanic usually kept a few tools on his person and they hadn’t checked him all that well. Maybe it had to be the fact the boy kept going red every time he put his hands on him and maybe his encouraging words also fueled the problem.

Pity it seemed his old man kept him on too tight a leash, otherwise he wouldn’t be locked up in tight quarters. He started to hear alarms blaring and the shouts to ‘get that damned mechanic to fix it!’.

Moments later the door opened and he caught the young man by the wrist and throat. At least the poor brat had sense to go limp when being held with his feet off the ground. The blaster clattered to the floor when his grip tightened and he bore his teeth growling. It was then his turn to be stuffed in the locker and this time the one in bondage was done up properly. Anse could do quite a bit with just a few feet of rope and stuffing a rag in the younger man’s mouth was just icing.

He did indeed go to the engine room, the blaster and a nice blow to the head pacified the third man. He found wires crossed and sighed, someone sabotaged the ship. He sniffed the air, bringing his face close to the wires and smelled the same person he had noticed before they took off. He stood up, his head tilted a little. Was whoever this was after no casualties? If this person wasn’t competition for the goods, just what was going on?

He felt the shift in the ship that said they were making descent, there was a small floating station and he assumed that this was where the landing was to be. They were just barely past orbit. When they landed he added more damage and then on his way out broke the door, it would take muscle to open it again. Which meant till the ship was secure, he wouldn’t be opening it up. There were still two left, the old man and his second.

He slipped back to the hold to secure the way out and left the other two to the stowaway. After this was over he’d have to convince the man to buy him a few rounds and a decent meal. He rubbed his wrists, the coarse cheap rope had rubbed his skin raw and his wolf wanted blood, but then again he was far more bloodthirsty about these sorts of things than he was. It wasn’t going to be long till they find the door busted and know he got free. He hoped this unseen person acted fast. He was incredibly curious to know the name of this lone stranger.

YushaBot.png

Caedyn Arenais

C
As was often the case with the majority of Non-Force Users, Caedyn found this band of aggressors to be lacking strength on the cognitive side of things; The Jedi Knight stood within the same room as the surviving two personnel, though neither of them had noticed him as Caedyn had manipulated their minds into remaining completely ignorant of the third party. He was not invisible, not cloaked in any sense, however via the use of telepathic manipulation, he may as well have been for they continued to complain and search for the cause of the vessels interruption and forced descent.

As he listened to their agitated shouting, he could sense the sudden weakening of life force's back in the direction he had come from. Those whom had sought to respond to Caedyn's sabotage had somehow found themselves incapacitated. There was another presence here, one that resembled the hostage much to the Jedi's amusement. Perhaps the man hadn't needed Caedyn's assistance after-all.

With a simple wave of his right hand, Caedyn took the consciousness of the pair before him, leaving them both to blank out and fall to the floor in a stupor. It wasn't fatal, they'd merely been knocked out by the will and control of the force. "Sleep tight, friends" Caedyn whispered with a faint smirk; "Perhaps a change of trade is in order" he added before moving towards the nearby control station and seeking access to the ship-wide intercom for which he could speak to whomever remained on board.

"To whomever was taken against their will, know that I am at the head of the ship. Your would-be captors won't be bothering you further, however we are due to land shortly and I do not know who will be receiving us or whether they are familiar with this bunch".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom