Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Thousand Fountains, A Thousand Worlds.

Coruscant, The Room of a Thousand Fountains.

Aron had been shown the room on his first day in the Temple. Since then, every spare moment he had he spent here, in one of the areas surrounded by foliage and trees that reminded him of Onderon, of home. There was a small little waterfall that fed into a small creek, and the sound of water rushing along brought Aron much needed peace and serenity. This particular spot was one he liked, because it was sequestered away from the area at large, and offered a nice quiet spot for Aron to meditate or simply pass the time.

And this is how he was now, sitting on the ground, his legs dangling over the edge of a small rock outcropping, just relaxing and taking in the scenery.

Nature had never been something Aron paid much attention to back on Onderon, but now, surrounded by steel and stone in the planet-spanning city that was Coruscant? There was no place he would rather be. It was a home away from home, and it brought him peace.

Saria Rae Saria Rae

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Aron Thress Aron Thress

VaKmghK.png

The Room of a Thousand Fountains.

Not Saria’s first choice, but it was certainly nice and quiet. The stress of the last few days of studies had really begun taking their toll on the young Mirialan woman. Extra coursework on political affairs and diplomatic envoys in combat zones would be easy, she though. Little did she know that the hands on work of those classes would be hell. A sigh escaped her lips as she sat down on the edge of one of the many stones in the massive greenhouse, taking a moment to let her thoughts drift away.

She was doing that thing again, the one where she dedicated all of her time to her work and neglected her relationships. Saria still had yet to pay her adoptive father a visit since the new year began. Not to mention all of her friends that she hadn’t spent any more time with in the recent months.

Some worth that New Years resolution was. She had hardly made any good on it at all. Perhaps that was her own fault for having goals to aspire to that conflicted with her academic endeavors.

Saria stood, figuring she had best be off to continue her classes. She proceeded to take one step…

And promptly trip on a smaller stone, falling into the water.

Aron closed hie eyes, allowing himself to be lost in thought for a moment as he began to breathe deep, taking in the aura around him, and neglecting all other distractions as he sat back on his hands and mindlessly swung his feet off the edge of the rock, just basking in the ambience provided by the room.

He did not notice the Miralian find her way to the same area he had, albeit opposite the creek. Too busy with his own thoughts, his own mind to notice her arrival.

He did, however, notice her attempted departure. Her trip and fall into the water immediately caused his eyes to shoot open in alarm as he traced the sound to its source and found her in the creek below, drenched in water.

Without thinking, or giving a moments pause, Aron pushed off the stone and dropped down into the creek below, rushing to her aid.

"Oh geez, are you okay?"
He asked, unthinkingly pulling his outer robe from himself with one hand, and offering his other to help the poor girl up. "That must have been a nasty tumble," he asked, concern in his voice.

Saria Rae Saria Rae

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

VaKmghK.png

Saria sat up, soaking wet in waist deep waist deep water. The creek was deceivingly shallow. She couldn’t help but stare at the young man who ran up to aid her with a sense of bewilderment. She stood, giving a pout and stepping out on her own.

“I’m fine,” she insisted. “That was planned. I wanted to cool off.”

Her edge faded though. That was too rude. She could just leave it on that note. A sigh escaped her lips as she hung her head, adjusting her hood.

“Thank you for your concern,” she noted.

And now she was drenched. What a day.

Aron, blinked, and then failed to stifle a chuckle.

“Well, mission accomplished then,” he said with a warm smile, still offering his outer robe to the woman. She had refused his hand up, a sign of pride no doubt. He didn’t mind.
“well after a refreshing dip in the creek I’m sure you’re cold. Take this, dry off as best you can. I insist.” He pushed the garment out further, “and let’s get out of the water. It’s…kinda cold.”

Saria Rae Saria Rae

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

VaKmghK.png

Saria rather reluctantly accepted his coat.

"You probably didn't need to dive in," she remarked. "It's not like the water is that deep. All you've done is make yourself cold too."

The sudden string of strange, uncalculated occurances back to back had her in a tail spin. That wasn't even mentioning her own embarrassment about the entire ordeal. Still, at least there was some kind intentions behind the rather illogical actions of this other padawan she found herself interacting with. Saria hoisted herself up out of the water, looking back at the stranger with a bit of a grimmace. She had a reputation to uphold.

"Not a word about this to anyone else," Saria told him, perhaps rather firmly. "I'd very much prefer this... incident remain here."

Aron smiled and held a hand up over his eyes, “I saw nothing.” He laughed and pulled his hand away, “and yeah, maybe I didn’t. But what if I did? I’d rather be wrong, and you’re safe, than wrong, and you’re hurt. “ he backed a little and bowed his head,

“Already forgotten it. I’m Aron, by the way. Despite the circumstances, it’s nice to meet you.” He finished as he turned away and walked towards a small path that would lead him out of the water and back up the bank.

This girl was funny. Very endearing, and Aron found her need to not look vulnerable very charming. He thought about how he’d get his outer robe back, but quickly banished it. It didn’t matter, she needed it more than he did.

Saria Rae Saria Rae

Coruscan, Jedi Temple

VaKmghK.png

"Saria," the girl sighed. "It's... a pleasure to meet you too, I suppose."

Jumping into the water for uncertainty? Not exactly something she could consider logical, but whe could at least appreciate the sentiment. Misguided, certainly, but perhaps endearing. Not that she was going to let it be endearing. She wasn't exactly helpless. Getting hurt was a very natural cost that she could handle.

"So, what's your deal?" she asked. "Do you just... wait around to help random girls who fall?"

A question asked more sarcastically than anything.

Rann thought for a moment as he climbed up out of the creek. Once he had solid footing, he turned around and held his hand out to offer a help up onto the bank.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. You didn’t fall, remember?” He tapped his temple with his other hand and smiled at her,

“No, I…” his smile faded, and he looked at her with concern, “I don’t ever want to sit by when someone needs a hand, or a coat. I’d rather be wrong and have offered, then right and had not.”

Saria Rae Saria Rae

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

VaKmghK.png

Saria sighed, giving a shrug.

"Concern and taking action is fine," she noted, "But there's always a better approach to a problem. All you really had to do was help pull me out. Taking the nuclear option always comes with a cost..."

She stepped over, handing back his coat. Despite everything that she had just said, a smile had crept onto her face. Illogical, most certainly, but Saria knew the value of individuals who wanted to help first and foremost. After all, the Jedi Order as an institution was built upon the good will of people.

"But, I appreciate the sentiment," the Mirialan decided. "Can't say it's every day I find myself in such an encounter... at least not ones where complete strangers are willing to provide assistance. Perhaps your processing lags behind, but your heart is screwed in right."

Not that she interacted with people regularly in the first place. That probably changed the odds of an encounter like this occuring.

"The nuclear option would have been diving headfirst in." Aron chuckled, taking his robe back and draping it over his shoulder. He pulled his hand back, of course she was too proud to accept his assistance, but he still didn't mind. "Even then, I would have if I needed to. I don't regret getting a little wet to make sure you--or anyone--were okay. A better approach doesn't mean anything to the dead." He shrugged. His thinking had made sense to him, at least. What good was thinking about the proper way forward if people suffered in the meantime? Whatever path forward, Aron would take the one that saved the most people. He couldn't help but smile again when she said his heart was screwed in right, ignoring, what he had decided was, a playful jest regarding his thinking capabilities.

"That's all I ever wanted people to know." He said, his crimson eyes beaming at her, "That my heart was in the right place." He turned back around and began the walk up the shallow bank, before returning to the spot he was before the absolutely nothing had happened, and sat back down, watching the water drip from the bottoms of his clothes and feet, and laying his robe out flat on the stone as best he could from a sitting position. He cast one more glance at the Mirialan. "Well, Saria, we're not strangers anymore. I don't think I can promise to think before I do the next time, not that there will be a next time, of course, but I can promise that if there is a next time, I'll still be there to help if you need it."

Saria Rae Saria Rae

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

VaKmghK.png

A better approach doesn't mean anything to the dead.

"The dead can't save people," Saria shrugged.

There was cost to getting yourself killed trying to save people. Death was the natural end of productiveness. If Valery Noble had died being reckless, the war would have surely been lost. But these were the checks and balances that had to be taken into consideration, the things that were less obvious to the Jedi conduct of throwing yourself head first at a problem.

"There won't be a next time like this," she assured, giving a sigh. "I very much plan on being fully awake for the forseeable future."

“I believe you,” Aron replied, the smile maintaining on his face. “Still, Saria, the offer is there and always will be.”

The dead can’t save people.

He thought about that. What if his death would save people? How sure was he that in that moment he’d make that ultimate sacrifice? Right now, he was sure he would. But in the moment? Who knew for sure.

“My life isn’t worth any more or less than anyone else in the galaxy.” He said, looking back out over the creek and garden. “And I’d hate to be in a position where it was worth more. I’m so sure, in my heart” he placed a hand over his chest, “that I’m here to save people. To make the world—the galaxy— a safer, better place. One clumsy friend at a time,” he turned back towards her and nodded his head.

“I’m doing alright so far, I think.”

Saria Rae Saria Rae

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

VaKmghK.png

Saria sighed.

"It's not as simple as that," the Mirialan frowned. "Lives are a network. It only takes one severed connection to throw the course of others off track. In some instances, sacrifice is necessary, but if both lives can be preserved rather than needing to sacrifice one for another, said alternative should always be taken."

The padawan crossed her arms and tilted her head. She could already see the writing on the wall. Making friends with an individual like this was sure to bring her an increased level of stress. Logically, she should probably sever a connection like this...

But Saria wasn't in a logical mood at the moment

"Living fast and dying young isn't a good model for making friends," she noted. "You just wind up causing more damage."

Aron laughed and shook his head, “I think I’m coming off wrong.” He stood back up and turned to face her, “It’s not like I’m eager for a chance to sacrifice myself. I’m just saying… let’s say I was in Master Noble’s position. I can save someone, but the danger posed to me makes it impossible because my life is more important than this person. I don’t want that. Never. I’m not eager to sacrifice myself. I don’t want to be a martyr. I don’t want to die. But I’m not going to turn away from someone—anyone—who needs help.”

He took a step forward and looked around the area, taking in the beauty of the Thousand Fountains.

“I’ll save who I can. That’s what we’re in this business for. But…don’t misunderstand me. I don’t seek death. I’m not some…thrill seeker. I don’t like fighting. I don’t like being close to death. But neither do the people who need saving. And I’ll get them, and myself, out of that.”

He inhaled deeply and smiled, “this spot is too beautiful to never see again.”

Saria Rae Saria Rae

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

VaKmghK.png

“this spot is too beautiful to never see again.”

"Then perhaps you need to find a way to strike a balance," Saria noted. "You jumped in with very little thought. In a real dangerous scenerio, there's a very real chance that an action like that could wind up with both you and the person you're trying to save dying."

She gave an apologetic sigh.

"Sorry. I don't mean to seem frustrated," she added. "I've just been here for a while. People our age become martyrs eventually, even if they don't intend to. There's always a better solution to a problem, and you don't have to deny yourself a better course of action. You can help and preserve yourself in the process if you tackle it properly."

That was what got under her skin. So often people could achieve the same goal and walk away with their lives, but they opted for the worst option. Of course, the thing that made this so different was that it was done on her behalf.

If Saria had gotten someone killed on her behalf, she would surely never be able to sleep again.

Aron thought for a moment, letting out a “hm” as he turned away and walked in a circle around the small clearing.

“I mean. That’s fair. Most people who died young didn’t intend to, surely.” He said with a sigh.

“But it’s hardly as if I was acting completely recklessly. If I was, i’da dove head first like I said. I didn’t know if you might have banged your head or been hurt. The proper course of action for me was checking on you personally, and I’m not going to apologize for that,” he turned back around, offered a small smile, and shrugged.

Saria Rae Saria Rae

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

VaKmghK.png

"...Okay," Saria sighed. "I relent then."

This was rare for Saria. Backing off from a debate? She would typically never, but something about the scencerity of the words presented to her...

It hardly mattered anyways. The Mirialan shook her head, recomposing herself. She did what she could to brush off her clothes, which were beginning to dry now. She hadn't been in the water for long thankfully. The young woman tilted her head as she let out an exhale, giving herself a moment to get her head on straight again.

"So... you're new, yes?" she asked. "I've not seen you present in the halls previously."

Aron nodded, "Yeah. It's been....a week or two at most. I'm not entirely sure, the days have been blending together a bit." He chuckled, most free time he had was spent here, relaxing. If he went by times he entered? "Uh....ten...ten days." He said, finally. "I think. Maybe eleven? I'm not sure." He lowered his head and scrunched his brow in thought before shaking his head and remembering where he was and what he was doing, "But uh..yeah! I really wanted to...do more with my life then just live on Onderon forever...so here I am. What about you?"

Saria Rae Saria Rae

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom