Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Thought Experiment

Sargon-

I still question the narrowness of the Selabites' mission - they/we really could do so much more good. But I'm forced to acknowledge that the Order of the Selab lacks the Jedi Order's modern and ancient history of war crimes and atrocities, even genocide in several cases. More and more I struggle with the question of whether remaining a Jedi makes me complicit, culpable.

All that is context. Here's my question, a thought experiment. Assuming a truly good institution can exist - and knowing that institutions will always disappoint - what would it be? If a Light-oriented Force order was invented out of whole cloth, without reference to anything of the Jedi tradition? What would be its principles, standards, practices, tactics, tools, priorities? If you could give your full loyalty and trust to an order, what would that order look like?

Quill

Jakku Enclave North

Sargon Vynea Sargon Vynea

My friend,

I think the answer is simple, it's been right in front of us the entire time, and the force has revealed it in it's light. The ability to harness force light in it's highest forms has always been considered the ultimate expression of the light and yet we've never truly accepted what that meant. Force light does not harm the man, it simple expels darkness and heals the soul.

My history is well known for any who wish to look, I was a Lord of the Fringe along with Sith for years, and yet if you look you will have difficulty finding any great crimes or even unjust acts among them. I lived among them and there was never a day I was treated unfairly or pushed towards darkness, and I gave unwavering loyalty and years of service in return for the second chance they offered a broken man. We are meant to bring darkness to light, but we've forgotten it's the men and women of the galaxy who we were meant to bring light to. You cannot heal the broken with a lightsaber, and you can not dispel the seductive power of the dark with the very thing it thrives on, pain.

A truly good order of light in my opinion would live among the darkness in love, and understanding. The dark side has no weapons against this except in the most extreme cases when a man's soul has been completely consumed by it's power. Then the light must be brought to bare not to punish the person but to free them. It's an order of sacrifice, patience and a subdued role of quiet advisor to the powerful. There will always be cases where one chooses power and control. It does not inherently make them evil, but unwilling to watch some evil or issue go untouched. A true force of light would seek to guide and temper them.

I would use the example of My Lady Spencer Varanin. Ashin Varanin was the Empress of the Sith and may very well have possible been a great darkness, but a light dared to lover her, and out of that love was born decades of peace in the outer rim. Children and a much quieter life then such a powerful presence of control might ever have known. Yet without that other half Ashin made choices of pain to return that love to her. If the heart of the dark side is hate, then we must counter it with love, and yet the first lesson of the jedi is do not love, do not become attached.

So of the order itself I've rather talked all around haven't I? The order would be based on compassion to people, and bringing light to darkness. Healing for the galaxy, guidance to the powerful, and love the broken. That includes those broken and damned by the dark side of the force. We would teach on schools on every planet not isolated to galactic government and we would teach all. Why should only a force sensitive understand the force? Such mysticism nonsense separates us not binds us together. It's mightiest would fight to capture not kill, and their goal would be to expel darkness. The wise would offer advice and bring the galaxy together to help find common cause.

We would also have to understand that not all are meant for that path, some few rise and cannot take the injustice and issues that tears at their hearts so. We must accept and love them as well, remaining their conscious and temperance so they do not fall prey to the dark side. The living force has a will, and it is not the same of all of us of that I'm certain. It also means I'm quite sure that the dark infection of the Dark Side has a will as well and it is to consume and destroy. We must remember the true enemy is that infection, and the light where light goes in love it falters.

I hope that helps, my friend.

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom