Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Thanks and a Question

Alright I would like to start by thanks all you factory judges that reviewed my ReCal scopes, I know it was probably quite annoying to see one after another after another jumping out of nowhere. I just wanted to express my appreciation for your time and your effort in working with my somewhat less than stellar creations.

[member="Mordecai Zambrano"]
[member="Silara Vantai"]
[member="Ayden Cater"]
[member="Ashin Varanin"]
And anyone else I may have missed.

This is for you guys! *Raises glass in toast* To your health and continued ability to judge fairly.

I won't promise to never make more scopes, :), but I will promise that for now there will be simple weaponry and tech rather than scopes coming through. Again thank you all for your time.

Now my question is what is the likelihood of being allowed to manufacture a Super Star Destroyer or something similar in length and power (specifically the Executor)?

That ship, from movie V and VI, is said have been 19,000 meters. Now obviously Corruck will not be producing this any time soon, but when he has the capacity to do so is it possible? And what would the restrictions be on a vessel of that proportion and weaponry?

I do not intend on it being the equal of Executor, but I thought it would be interesting and/or a good way to set up a storyline I have in my head.

Thanks for your time.

[member="Corruck Kazen"]
Good luck funding that. But provided the right amount of development threads, a major faction or two to supply said immense ship on a contractual basis, and the funds to get said ship, you may end up being able to do so. You'd also need a decent tier shipbuilding company.

Thank you, though! I don't get tired of seeing similar submissions, so you don't need to worry about that. I always feel better when I get to approve of something anyways. Hopefully you enjoyed those submissions as well.

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

Given that the Flagship template (which is what this would be using) has a present max size of 5,000 meters, I'd imagine that would be the max size at the present. I won't say it's impossible, but it's not particularly likely without [member="Spencer Jacobs"] and/or [member="Tefka"] signing off on it.

[member="Silara Vantai"]

I did enjoy those submissions and am glad that you too enjoyed them.

In regards to collecting resources and setting up facilities, yah this will take some time. But the overall plan of mine is to slowly spread out Corruck's company to have a shipbuilding company inside of it at a later point.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

Alright then, I guess I have to head to the ultimate authority and pray that with the work I intend on doing and the amount of time I will put into this (this thing will take a lot of time) will show to those two that I will be worthy and hopefully show that I will not abuse said ship.

Another question that popped in my mind:

Factions can have capital ships and all that great stuff, can companies have their own ships of equal size?
Sort of like a fleet for the protection and/or lease at the companies decision?

I am not trying to hide anything so I will come straight out and say that the concept I have in mind is that Corruck will over time build up a company that has an army and fleet for hire and peacekeeping duties on factions that accept it. Within this fleet the Super Star Destroyer would become the capital ship under Corruck's direct command. Because having a Super Star Destroyer the size and power of the Executor would completely unbalance the scale of power (nothing could beat it, unless an A-wing or some equivalent crashed through the main view port), I had intended on reducing the amount of weaponry to maybe a quarter depending on weapons on smaller ships and the total strength of the Super Star Destroyer and then also making it more of a research/manufacturing ship.

What do you guys think of the above idea? I have outlined the most basic concept simply for timing sake in the paragraph above.

[member="Corruck Kazen"]
I more or less meant at the maximum 5,000. The rule will most likely not be bent for you or any single person, as that would defeat the purpose of the rule.

As of right now, the 5,000 meter is the cut off for ships. I understand that they can get bigger according to canon, but for the purposes of the role play aspect we like to keep things standardized. Also the set timeline of the board is after the 400 years of darkness where a lot of tech was lost, so that's another reason for the smaller scale ships.

TL;DR - The template has the max limit on ships, there are special occasions which they might go bigger but for right now I see no case for them to be bigger.

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom