Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Talk With A Titan

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Reverance"]

Alric Kuhn at his desk, two statuesque Sons of Titan Stood behind him, both having their hands in tight balled fists.

“Go.” Alric told them. “I think I'll be fine now.”

The two men simply nodded and then marched off out of the office. The sun was setting on the horizon now, blinking through the buildings of the Coruscant Skyline. Alric looked over to it for a few moments, then shifted in his seat. His hand reached out and touched the datapad on his desk. The screen flickered for a moment, then came up with a list.

The Tetan scrolled through this list for a second then tapped a name. The command scrolled through and the code was confirmed. Alric smiled slightly, then flicked a small switch on the underside of the desk.

The door locked and the window suddenly became opaque, the bright sunlight being almost completely blocked out. Seconds later an image began to flicker and Alric would begin to a holo-call, one of utmost importance.

Despite the common image of the Sith Lord, standing upon broken world, with tremors of his aptitudes quaking beneath boot - he wasn't always one for action. Such was the current case, as he stared up towards the top of the ceiling of his personal chambers - at least a room of one. The room had a classic appeal to it, the smell of leather bindings and resin filled the air. The walls panned from one side to the other, strewn with personal documentation of his exploits written upon paper and with ink. A novel concept for sure.

He laid lazily in a chair, feeling the sudden urge grace him, he lifted himself from his pedestal to pull the blinds open. A one way mirror, he stared down into bridge of the facility, watching the going-ons of the worker bees to the tune of his own choosing. In his hand, he peeled an orange of it's hard skin, as he heard the ring of his holovid at his desk. Contemplative with a pause, he continued to peel the shell from the fruit, as he moved over to the desk and sat. With a press of his finger, the image popped up, a recent acquaintance. Gabriel smiled as he leaned back, his appeal much different from his indifference in that hot room back on Sarapin. After all, he was much happier when not so terrestrially grounded and free to roam, as the Wrath is often to do.

"Alric Kuhn of Titan Industries..." The shimmer of his image would reflect his lackadaisical persona, leaning his leather chair. "I assume the purpose of this call isn't of intimate nature...but more business." He smiled, pulling a quadrant of orange apart as zest wafted around the room. "How fares Corellia and your dealings?" He could afford to be informal, he presumed, as this channel was encrypted and he was rather at ease, given the circumstances. All was well in the world of the One Sith, for now.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Reverance"]

“Corellia fares well.” That was the truth of it.

The five worlds were becoming whole again. The Shipyards were being built the people were becoming happy, and Titan had begun to ingrain itself in the government and culture. That was simply the truth. It was a truth that Alric could brag about, but that was not why he had called at all.

“That is not why I called however.” Alric said leaning forward in his chair slightly, placing his elbows on his desk so he could properly look at the tiny holo-image of the Sith Lord. “Krayt Industries, we spoke of it before. Do you recall?”

This was important.

He could have used the information he gained in other means, but he thought that this was the most prudent.

"Mmm...ya." He said as he chewed on a peace of orange. Much like the absurdly rich man, Gabriel had a unique memory, capable of recalling memories as if re-experiencing them for the first time. When they weren't being flashburned away, of course. But even beyond that, the business hit far closer to home as of recently. On orders directly from the Dark Lord of the Sith, he was given a directive to reward Darth Arcanix for her recent performance. The Bilbringi shipyards, but another jewel in the crown, chiseled out from gold and given away to the top performers.

"Darth Arcanix currently runs the Industries, correct?" He knew the answer, but he was merely entertaining the duality of the conversation. No need to keep things in back and forth without proper engagement. However, despite his actions, he wasn't quite at the moment prepared to devulge the information regarding his awarding of the shipyards. Maybe it would come soon enough. "Why do you ask? A bit of corporate competition?"

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Reverance"]

“She runs it, with a partner.” Alric said his expression growing stern. “I received unfortunate news about that partner. Or rather their identity.”

He shifted in his chair slightly. “Krayt Industries up until today was a Titan Industries subsidiary. Lady Arcanix came to me seeking an end to this connection. I allowed it, provided she gave into a few of my demands. The name of her partner as well as thirty percent of Krayt Industries stock holdings.”

Alric felt compelled to tell Reverance how he had come by this information, it was important since Arcanix had quite literally volunteered it.

“When the time came, Lady Arcanix informed me that her partners name was Alexandra Lianne Faenor. The traitor that fought Lord Adekos on Prakith and moved against the One Sith several times.” That should have been enough, but there was more.

If Alric was expecting some sort of shocked expression, he might find disappointment in today's meeting. Gabriel had very little care for whose bed one slept in, so long as the net gain for the One Sith continued in the positive. He had been on Prakith, something of which Alric was likely aware, and Alexandra Lianne Faenor's presence had been so insubstantial as to not even register on the Wrath's radar. Darth Arcanix might as well have been partnered with an ant that got in the way of the One Sith back on Kashyyyk, trying to hold splinters of the stronghold together with outstretched legs. Nevertheless, blood was blood.

"Mmm...that's unfortunate." He smiled as he chewed on another piece of orange, pulling the trash bin towards him as he pulled the peel from the mash basket. "Alexandra is an unfortunate specimen of traitorous kind and she should be dealt with. But tell me this, is she so ingrained in Krayt Industries that her removal would cause disruption to the work being done? Not that it matters, merely curious." Everything always came back to the One Sith and what was best for them. That being said, the Wrath would pull the information of Alexandra's whereabouts from either this meeting or from Darth Arcanix herself. The Dark Lord would have blood either way, didn't matter from whom or what. As he waited for answer, he recalled his mission Prakith and the readings of the updates afterwards. If he recalled correctly, Alexandra had even been in the spaceport and had failed to cause any disruption at all. "I assume Darth Arcanix is aware of the traitors location? Given their partnership?"

He began to scrape orange from the peel, zest accumulating on the desk, as his crimson eye remained fix on the man's image and it's projection.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Reverance"]

“I would assume so.” Alric said quite calmly. “Though I doubt Lady Arcanix realizes she is doing anything wrong. I know she is loyal to the One Sith, it is more than likely that she is under false impression.”

That was the simple truth, from the way she acted Alric highly doubted that Arcanix wanted to betray the One Sith or the Dark Lord.

Didn't seem the type.

“Krayt will continue to operate even without Alexandra, i'm sure of it. Though the fact that she has such intricate knowledge of a corporation so close to the One Stih...is problematic.” Alric said with a slight frown, though it was very likely that Reverance already knew that and had taken it into account.

"I've never been one to fault a Sith for seeking their own gain..." It was a simple thing, really. The Sith were selfish in their own ways, though they found numerous ways to interpret it differently. For Gabriel, it was a different level of selfishness, the likes of which were larger than any titan.

As to the knowledge of Alexandra, towards the inner workings of the One Sith - Alric was right. Even a thorn can prove irritant, no matter how small, given proper application. Gabriel placed his hands before his face, in thought, as he rubbed zest between his fingers. "Thank you for bringing this to my attention. You've been a tremendous help...one that wont soon be forgotten." Truth be told, Alric had been more help as of late then even the Emperor's hiearchy, who had spread to the winds for seemingly selfish goals. Sith being sith, he thought, as he rubbed specks of orange back and forth in the drop of his hands.

"Was there more you wished to discuss?" He had work to do, specifically in regards to his position. Time would dictate action and asking about his ship construction completely slipped his mind. Distractions had a tendency to do that, as he was often one to set aside his own goals for the betterment of the Sith.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Reverance"]

Alric nodded.

That was what he was what he wanted after all. Unlike Arcanix or many other corporation owners Alric knew that he didn't have the same status. He was not a Sith Lord. Though his wife was, it wasn't exactly the same. Due to that, it was a constant struggle to maintain a sense of Status within the One Sith, a sense of Status that gave him near equality to many of the Lords.

The training and knowledge that Silara had provided him in the matters of the Voices and Hands aided in this, gave him a bit of knowledge to go on. Yet that wasn't always enough. He needed more, more of a power base. This would help.

“No. Though if you wish an update on the status of your ship I'm happy to tell you construction has begun within the ship wombs on Copero.” That was really all there was to say, Yuuzhan Vong Vessesl grew quickly, but it would be some time yet.

"Oh..." He said, suddenly re-interested in the conversation. He was a man of many curious interests, though something that brought him closer to his adopted people was something that supremely interested him. Time wasn't a really large issue, as flayed skin and sessions of scarification and torture was adequate to serve as proving grounds and testament to his resolve.

Despite his appearance, leaning heavily towards Kiffar with the mind of an Arkanian, he had always felt he would have been better suited being born as a Vong, given to a domain to rise and fall as a warrior. He didn't resent the group at all, but he did envy their passions and acceptance. His mental pathway towards such things were broken and crumbling stretches of cobble, something symbolized by his demented predilections. Though if there was any form of technology that he would consider himself an expert, it was Vong biotechnology. Between his waging of war and his tendency to dive into their culture head first when given opportunity, he had even taken the time to learn their language and their caste system. On Selvaris, he was considered as much a part of them as any War Master.

"Copero...that's very interesting." Chiss territory, interesting indeed. "Tell me about the Dread weapon. Where will it be located on the ship?" He wanted details, he wanted to know what it would look like and if it would cause the same sort of fear that the Immortal produced. He was excited, but it wasn't his condition to show such things.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Reverance"]

“The Dread Weapon will be located within the 'tail' of the vessel.” Alric explained. “It will allow for slightly more flexibility within its use.”

The Dread Weapon was of course the most important part of the ship. The double Yorik Coral hull was in essence what would allow it to be a 'tank' in the starship world, but the Dread Weapon would be what provided the ship with its edge. Such a thing had not been used in nearly eight centuries, it was a rare sight in the galaxy, given that Yuuzhan Vong vessels were hardly ever seen anymore.

The Republic would receive quite a surprise at its first use.

“Growing the creature has prove...difficult, but the Shapers assure me that it will be ready.” The Dread Weapon was after all a living creature, it needed to be grown and trained.

"The Qworlth skaal is a vicious bit of biotechnology..." His pronunciation of the word was spot on, as if Alric had been speaking to a vong member all along. Having a particular mindset towards the Shai domain, of which composed almost the entire of his Legion Yun'Do, he had taken to the language early in his life as a Sith. Day by day, through it's usage, he may not have the voice or tone, but the accent and annunciation was almost perfect.

He continued to fiddle with the orange peel as Alric spoke, his mind drifting in and out of vividly paying attention and plans towards the traitor. "A tail of it though? That's almost artistic..." He said, admiring the concept behind it. Almost like the vessel was some sort of vicious sea beast that had taken to space to conquer. Built upon hard pressure, it's skin manifested in extreme resistance against damage - even to the point of being a usable weapon. Gabriel appreciate the undertones of the ship, the concept that placed an emphasis on his own style of fighting. A rancor by the horns, it was his style.

"Is there a time table? No real expectation, just..." He tilted his head in a quick jab, as he chewed another piece of the orange. "Excited to see it in action. Tell me, what more is there to it beyond the Qworlth skaal and Yorik Coral hull..." He assumed that was the construction material. He had always favored the concept of grutchins and silently hypothesized their utilization alongside such a beast of destruction.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Reverance"]

“The ship will likely undergo some changes before it finished.” Alric said referring to the design aspects of the ship itself.

Personally, he wasn't too keen on the current design, though he was no ship engineer. The Shapers would do as they pleased and the vessel would eventually come out the way it was supposed to look and function. He smiled slightly, then regarded the holographic display that lay before him.

“A month.” he said in regards to the time table. “Maybe a few weeks more.”

It was remarkably fast for a ship of that size, but the Yuuzhan Vong had long ago developed ways of making their vessels grow faster. “It will be well worth a the wait.”

It would be, if only for the hot tub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom