Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Tale of Two Empires (Madeline, Past RP)

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
The Atrisian Empire. A relatively new galactic government, not unlike the Galactic Imperium itself. In truth, Valik had his questions about the stability of both governments, with the Empress becoming more and more entranced in . . . he wasn't quite sure what, and with the Atrisian Empire's awkward position between the Republic and Omega Protectorate territories. Still, it wasn't Valik's policy to begin operating under assumptions until they became realities. Back-up plans perhaps, but it wouldn't mean he'd shirk his primary duties.

One of those duties as it happened, was dealing the Atrisian Empire's science division. The Atrisians had managed to take control of the planet Khomm, a rather interesting world that, rumor had it, continued on generation to generation through cloning instead of the natural methods of reproduction. Valik assumed such a society would have fairly advanced methods of cloning, after all the future of their species depended on it. Thus, he had offered to start negotiations and winded up here, in a waiting room to speak to one of the officials of the Atrisian Empire's Science Division. He wondered slightly for a moment if the Atrisian's best and brightest would be someone worth talking to, someone with an intelligence like his own.

Then he merely laughed silently to himself. Of course not. There was no intelligence like his.

@[member="Madeline Kahoshi"]

An aid came out, "Valik? Doctor Kahoshi will see you now." With that the young woman turned and headed off leading him back past several other offices, until finally they came to a large set of ornately engraved wooden doors.

A slight knock started Maddie from her thoughts. She'd been in the middle of a massive pile of paperwork pertaining to her most recent experiment. A cloned force user, she'd done it and amazingly enough the clone looked to her as a mother, a thought that Madeline had much trouble trying to manage. Certainly interesting, granted it had taken over 49,000 attempts to have the results she did. A sigh came. "Come in." A hint of frustration in her tone but she managed to clear away any hints of that from her features before the pair came in.

A bit of shock raced through her mind, nothing showing in her expression to even hint at it. "Valik, a pleasure. Please, have a seat." She said with a motion of her hand to the chair in front of her. He was the last person she expect to come through that door.

"If you're coming to my doorstep, one must assume you want something otherwise you never would have come so far." Her lips twisted into a small smile. The man made her nervous, but here on her homeworld she was protected, more so than he would likely imagine. An asset that Atrisa could never afford to lose.

They'd already gone to such great lengths to return her to her work and her duty after she tried to escape once. And being the Vice Admiral's cousin, really his only family that wasn't a criminal, he'd gone to great lengths to ensure no one could harm her. So here, her nerves around the Sith were notably less than they had been in the past when she worked side by side with Valik.

"Would you like some tea? Stimcaf?" Her aid stood waiting for that last question.

@Valik

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Kahoshi? Valik thought, then dismissed it. Kahoshi was a common enough Atrisian name, after all their current ruler was a Kahoshi, Akio. Then again, you also had the filter of people qualified enough to maintain such a high position . . . perhaps it was the woman he worked with on the Yuuzhan Vong project. While the woman didn't share some of his more . . . esoteric talents, she was one of the better, if not the best, scientist he had worked with.

"Come in." He heard a slightly agitated and familiar voice of @[member="Madeline Kahoshi"], and his suspicions were confirmed, causing a slight grin to appear on his face. It seemed this would be an interesting meeting after all. As he walked in her face was the utmost calm, sending him to a seat and waving him over, though he could feel the slight quiver of surprise in her emotions. The Force was such a wonderful thing. She got right to the meat of the matter, asking what he wanted before offering him a drink. He took the aid's cup of tea, opting for a more . . .ceremonial approach.

"You are correct of course Dr. Kahoshi." He said as he took a small sip of the tea. "People like you and I can make most whatever we wish, making travel little more than redundancy in most cases." He said, before putting the tea down on a small plate, provided by the aid once again. "However, the Imperium sadly has limited resources at the moment, while the Atrisians have been blessed with one planet of particular interest. Specifically Khomm." He said, referring the planet that was one inhabited by several series of clones. "What current cloning capabilities do they have?"

Madeline waved the attendant out after she received her tea. This conversation would be only for their ears alone. She feigned a smile, for she still had plenty of nerves around sith. Even her most recent success, Cronos, being around a force user for as long as she had, did little to ease her feelings around them. "Indeed, and a pain if you ask me." With his next question posed, she had a better idea where he was going with this. Having literally a pile of datapads on her desk, all containing the information from her latest cloning project. She tented her hands, truly smiling now. "The best the galaxy can offer." She took a small sip of her tea. "Having spent the last year there working on a particularly difficult cloning project I've first hand experience of the excellence they can provide scientific minds like yours and mine."

She paused for a moment debating what to tell him, "Given the harsh reality of the project, the difficulty and high rate of failure with Atrisian equipment Khomm was of particular use. I succeeded there within a month. So truly even visiting Kamino, I can say for a fact Khomm is far superior. You won't find equipment of that caliber anywhere else." Maddie reached out, and took hold of a pile of pads and moved them aside, a little annoyed by the lack of room on her desk. "Which brings me to my next question. "What is it you are looking to clone, or use the facilities for?"

@[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik listened to the Atrisian @[member="Madeline Kahoshi"], as well as noted the hint of unease present in her senses, yet hidden well by her face. The woman was smart, putting up strong face while keeping her guard up. He'd have to remember her, she could be quite useful in the future.

"The issue that I am having to deal with isn't particularly the purity of the clone, or even genetic manipulations. Such things are tedious, but if I really wished I could create a clone of any particular background with enough time." He abegn, and it was a true statement. He had spent time cloning the Jedi Grandmaster, and even filled in blanks on extinct species, but those processes were painstakingly long, and filled with failures to be discarded.

"What I need is speed, being able to clone creatures quickly. Disposable troops with flash memories, or perhaps disposable animals I can drop and have wreak chaos purely on instinct." He continued, though in truth he was more interested in the possibility of cloning semi-sentients. As Sith Alchemy could effect beasts on a genetic scale that meant that they could be cloned, and it also had a way of bypassing the sterility that accompanied some Alchemical beasts. Making a deadly monster was easy in truth, but making a sustainable population of them was quite difficult. Even if you could make a reproduce-able beast you then had to find an environment for it to grow in, and then hope it stood the test of time. Cloning would provide such better attitudes.

"I have seen an obscure record in the old Imperial archives of a device that could clone a sentient in a year, though clone madness was reportedly an issue. Do the Khommites have this potential?"

"True." She knew it, just as well could do the same. Force users had been the most difficult she'd handled, anything less was just an ordinary day in the lab. Something about the way he phrased it had her a little uncomfortable, wondering briefly what it'd be like to have a clone of herself with her memories imprinted, her personality. Though she was fast to dismiss it. Her own DNA had been a chaotic mess for reasons she could never explain.

She lofted a brow for a moment, "And the purpose to such troops?" She suspected she knew exactly what they were for, simple answer was war. A thought that didn't settle well with her. Even as they were speaking Khomm was being used to amass troops for the Atrisian Empire. Beings that would be needed to defend them from other governments encroaching on their space. All too well, she knew war was coming and a part of her wanted very much to be far from here when it happened. Lest she get caught in the middle, a place many good scientists often found themselves in.

She gave a small nod to him, "Yes, they do have it. My latest project, six months old in total, from gestation to adulthood. Oversaw it from start to finish from the catalysts and such to the day we took him out. But there are risks with such rapid cloning, as I'm sure you are aware. I cannot recommend going at the rate that I chose to. Far too many failures come hand in hand with it. And I suspect that you'd rather keep failure to a minimum and production at maximum."

@[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik considered the Atrisian's words as she described her last project. She oversaw "it" from gestation to adulthood. By the sounds of that, it was only one clone, or at least it was only needed to work once, which likely meant a Force User. He wondered who she would have cloned that would have been of such importance, but decided to leave it. As many games as he wished to play, she had something he wanted, and he would only push so far as long as that remained true.

"Of course, makes for better gains in troops, and better management economically. Sadly the Imperium as it stands has little territory, other than Bastion, Dubrillion, and Belkadan. As little room there is to expand without provoking the Mandalorians or the Sith the Imperium has found it prudent to attempt to bolster it's forces through cloning, at least until we have a viable population to pull a more natural military basis from. Not to mention the fact that several key members of the Imperium, myself included, are considered traitors to the Sith Empire." Valik continued, before taking another sip of the Atrisian Tea.

"We have no immediate desires to expand into Sith or Mandalorian Space, but I can't say it won't occur in the future. Our primary interest right now however is being able to defend our own borders, much like the Atrisians are likely doing as well being caught in a triangle between Fringe, Omegan and Republic Territory."

@[member="Madeline Kahoshi"].

@[member="Valik"]

Idly Madeline rapped her fingers against the desk, thinking. "And what promise do I have that these troops won't be used on Atrisians? For I do understand your position but I still have to watch and protect my own nation as well." She sighed, "It's no easy position to be in. For Atrisia is stuck in the middle as well, as you so kindly mentioned. So, do not consider me unsympathetic, I am. Just .. have to be careful of what I choose to say yes to and what I am ultimately forced to say no to."

"Our governments are both in a very similar situation, which makes me inclined to want to help." She sighed, idly rubbing at her forehead trying to run through all the possibilities, outcomes, dangers. "Expansion, is only the natural state of any empire. It's expected after a certain point." Another sigh, "We aren't exactly on friendly terms with the Sith, but neither at war. I'm certain that is coming too, someday. They cannot help but expand their territories, looking to overtake the entire galaxy. Personally, I would not mind seeing them gone." She said coldly.

"But back to my question. Can you give me any assurances that this won't be used against the Atrisian Empire? If so, I might be able to help you. If not .." She gave a small shrug and a frown to follow. "There is only so much I can do."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
"Your caution is understood of course Doctor, strong nations are not built on the shoulders of the overtrusting." Valik conceded in agreement, twirling his fingers as he spoke. "But I can assure you the Imperium and I have no plans to attack the Atrisians. There is much to be gained in an alliance, but conflict would be costly with republic and mandalorian space inbetween us, with little profit to be found." Valik explained, not bothering to focus on morality or politics between the two cultures, but instead taking a pragmatic approach.

"Though if I may, a question. You noted that relations with the Sith and Atrisians were a bit strained. Are your issues with the totalitarian magocracy? Or the concept of mages themselves?" He asked, a bit curious as too her answer. As Valik wasn't the best of mentalists he wouldn't be able to read her thoughts, but would be able to feel unease if she was uncomfortable lying to him. An imperfect method in truth, but her answer to his question could still present new opportunities, so it was worth asking to him regardless if he could obtain a concrete answer.

@[member="Valik"]

Madeline nodded, untrusting when it came to such was just her nature. The woman did only believe what could be seen, what could be felt and idly words always gave her doubts. "Then I may have no reason to deny you then."

For a moment she sat quietly thinking of how to word her reply. "It's mostly the force users in charge of a government that is a problem. But really to explain you have to understand Atrisian culture first. We were raised with the idea that force users are not beings to be trusted. They are something to be feared, to be controlled. To have them run wildly about, with complete control over vast armies, that is the problem. There in lies the danger, as well as the problem." Pausing she picked up her cup of tea, and brought it to her lips taking a small drink before setting it back down.

"Atrisia comes from the very old mind set, the one that was dominate in the galaxy during Emperor Palaptine's Era. Our beliefs and ideas upon Sith, or force users in general stem from that. So we are talking about feelings and believes that are thousands of years old." She gave a shrug, being completely honest. For their issues with the Sith, all of that was public knowledge.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik nodded as the Atrisian woman gave her explanation of how their Empire perceived the Sith Empire, as well as the origins of their beliefs. He didn't detect any ulterior motives and nothing sounded out of place, so he believed her of course.

"A very practical belief in my opinion. Being exceptional in one skill doesn't make one fit to rule." Valik said and reasoned. The same logic that bid he leave the Sith in fact. Too many people in pursuit of a throne merely because they wanted to be king. An organization of chaos, with the only centralizing force being pursuit of power.

"Which lead me to the Imperium. Leaving the Sith was a better decision of mine." He said before snapping his fingers as the twinkle of an idea lit his eyes. "I still have a few blueprints of the Sith's nicer toys. Let 's say we sweeten the deal a bit. In addition to paying for cloning, how about all of the blueprints of what I worked on for the Sith, and a unique, prototype interceptor, for . . . " he said, pondering for a moment. "5 or 3 spaart cylinders, for my personal collection."

@[member="Valik"]

"No, no it does not. Though, them belief themselves worthy of such. If they knew how wrong they were. Petty squabbles over who will be the sad little king of a sad little hill, with delusions of grandeur." She said with almost what could be considered a smirk at the end. "I cannot blame you for leaving that mess. Not in the least." Still uncomfortable around you .... but I don't blame you. She shivered slightly pulling her lab coat tighter around her as if cold but she wasn't. Just slightly unnerved. She knew things she shouldn't about how Sith, or any force user was treated in her nation. It wasn't pretty. The knowledge she held, something she could die for if people discovered that she held such.

Madeline sat quietly for a moment, her eyes on a datapad on the desk, eyes moving but not actually reading. She was thinking it through. A finger tapped on her desk thinking still, the deal seemed too good, too sweet. "And what's the catch? Because this does seem too good." She said firmly. Never was the trusting sort. She trusted what she could see, feel, test, scientific fact. He didn't fit into that equation. "It's so much good for just little of what I hold."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik smiled. She was a smart one. "There is no catch, at least none I haven't told you. As I said it is Sith technology, most of it designed by myself, so the Sith Empire might not be happy with you once you obtain it, but I don't think they can really do anything about it with the Mandalorian and Republic Forces in the way." He said as he thought about the designs he had to offer.

"The interceptor will likely be expensive to reproduce in bulk, but you could make something similar and get some decent production out of it. The most interesting thing about it is it's speed, nearly unparalleled, but it takes quite the pilot to handle it properly. The rest of the designs are produced by Seinar, but with the blueprints I'm sure whatever Atrisia's main manufacturer is can put up a similar designs rather effectively." He said, pondering about the items he had made for the Empire.

"In truth, keeping my designs and a fast interceptor has no benefit to me. I'm not a starfighter pilot and I don't make money off of royalties, but for me to be able to do a little quick cloning independently? Even in batches of three or five or ten? There are many possibilities that become open to me with such a power." He explained to @[member="Madeline Kahoshi"].

@[member="Valik"]

Madeline nodded, her eyes focused now on him. She had made up her mind, the designs of such a ship, a fighter ... when they only had a single designer for their entire fleet. Another set of blueprints, another design, would be perfect. Even she didn't have to be military to know this was a good deal, for her self, for her nation. Valik, he had his uses. Uses she knew far too well. One day he would be quite helpful for her, to her. So, this she needed to tie that bond. "I could care less what the Sith Empire thinks about it, if I'm honest. If it makes them angry, by all means. Let them be angry. They have a lot of ground to cover before they could do a gāisǐ de thing about it. Let the military deal with it. Not my department. War comes to us, I won't be on the planet when it happens. So, I've nothing to worry about." She said firmly. No, Maddie had plans if war came to the planet, another place to hide herself away. She'd protect herself and the Kahoshi Legacy. The Emperor had signed into law, that Madeline would be his successor if he should fall and an heir not be born. So for the time being, she was second in line for the throne and her protection, security was guaranteed.

She waited for a moment, eyes moving down to her desk, thinking it through one final time. She finally truly smiled, "Five cloning tubes for your designs, yes? Did I miss anything in that agreement?" Her tone firm, but warm. Valik was growing on her, slowly. Before you get any ideas, not in the romantic sense, as a scientist, "I would like one thing though. A sample of your DNA." An unhealthy curiosity for force users. "Not for cloning, I'd not do that. Not with you. I hold a certain respect for you, so it would only be done with express permission if I ever went down that road. Thing is this, I merely like to study force user DNA, finding the unique differences. I'm not one myself, not one who can touch it. So, it makes me curious." If only she knew how wrong the words were. She, a mild .. extremely mild force user. The woman had no clue on the matter. "If I may have that, you'll have yourself a deal."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
OOC:

Madeline Kahoshi said:
Before you get any ideas, not in the romantic sense, as a scientist,
bwahahahahaha

IC:

Valik smiled as the woman explained her disdain for the Sith, her lack of caring for their desires and willing to spite them. It proved useful to him, making her more acceptable to his proposal. Heck, he probably could've asked for ten and still gotten away with it, but that opportunity had sailed. Still, five spaarti cylinders was more than enough for him to carry out his plans. So, as she went over his terms again he readied a datapad, filled with various designs of his, some of which she likely wouldn't be able to replicate as they took an Alchemical touch, but could certainly be modified to have similar results. These designs included a concealed aerosol launcher, an electro-magnetic mine that could be used to neutralize basically any soldier in heavy armor, a rifle that was rather efficient in capturing force users, a system that could convert Force Lightning into other forms of energy, a sword powered by mechanical strength, and a way to manufacture zeltron pheromones, a file that seemed to sadly be corrupted at the moment.

As Valik went over all of his items the Atrisian woman made a rather, odd request, one that made an immediate shift in his attention. A DNA sample, something that could be used to clone him, to track him, to study him. It was a deep request, one that had a myriad of possibilities that it could be abused. And yet, he still needed those cylinders. Decisions to make, decisions to make. Perhaps, a demonstration.

"Very well." He said, as he gathered an alchemical force into the nails of his index finger. "A blood sample." He said, before standing and rifling through his things, finding a spare clean test tube, after all it never hurt to be able to take a sample of something, and then, taking his now Sith Alchemized fingernail cut into one of the veins on his arm with awince, and gathered a bit of the blood into the test tube before sealing it. He then took a cloth, treated with a small bit of bacta, and put it atop the small cut, sealing it and promoting the cell regeneration of the wound.

"If I find this misused, it will not be pretty." He said, presenting the test tube to @[member="Madeline Kahoshi"]. Valik did not enjoy leaving trails, and if it were asked by anyone but someone's interests he trusted were merely scientific, he'd have denied them on the spot, but Kahoshi, unlike so many others, had a mind. A mind he might find need of later, but at the same time a mind that more potential than most to burn him for his actions. The threat overall was a small one, but one that would linger, along with his unorthodox method of obtaining her sample. She had witnessed some of what he had done first hand, and with the blueprints of some of his earlier creations she'd know what he was capable of.

@[member="Valik"]

Madeline could only watch as he stood, her eyes widening as she watched him cut into his own vein so willingly, without hesitation. She seemed frozen in place unsure what to do or say. Never had seen such a display. Though ... she'd seen what he'd done to that woman, when she first met him.

"Valik..." Her body still frozen for a moment. "I knew better than to cross you the day I met you. Believe me when I say with what I've seen then and today, believe me I would have to be bloody insane to cross you. To abuse what you are giving me." Finally she seemed to snap out of it. "I told you exactly what I'm going to use it for and I will not do anything else with it. I've not a reason to. I may press the bounds of science, but the force, force users... I do not screw with. I've cloned one, seen what that brings and I won't dare it again. Not with you." No, her own love to protect her son as she saw him, knowing what the secret force group here did, she would not bring another into that environment. Reaching out slowly, she took the vial in hand, wrapping her fingers slowly around it. "I am curious as to how it behaves in the body. Something I don't understand, may never but I damn well want to try."

She paused a moment, "I'm no fool, and I believe you should know me well enough at this point to know that. To know you and I sit on an equal intellectual field. We are equals in that regard, top of our respective fields. I'd have to lose half my brain to dare abuse what you have given me. Believe me, I know the abuses just as well as you do. But have faith in me. Give me some credit that my word means a damn. Because have I ever broken my word to you? I told you the first time, held my word every time. My word is stone and isn't breakable. I don't make promises often. Only making ones I know I can keep." A slight bit of anger and fire behind her words, no doubt she meant what she said and a little upset that he didn't understand she'd never break her end of the bargain.

A heavy sigh came. Promises, were so rare with her. Something easily broken, just as treaties and alliances shifted and broke, so did things like this. "You have my word as heir to the throne of the Atrisian Empire, that I will not abuse this." Honor meant too much to her, to dare break her word. Her convictions held in every single last word. She meant it, far more than he'd know most likely. This she was not going to break.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
At first, the Atrisian woman seemed to lash out at him, seemingly offended that he would think she'd cross him, or perhaps merely that she would contradict her word, before taking a moment to pause and collect herself. She continued on, a bit more polite in her approach, but still with a fire, an anger as she explained the pride she put in her work, her respect for Valik and his . . . talents. It seemed the reputable Atrisian Honor was not unfounded, at least not in the scientist he found before him.

As Valik focused energy into his fingernail, reversing the process and turning it back to normal, he uttered a deep sigh before addressing the scientist. "I must apologize Dr. Kahoshi, I did not mean to offend you. I will ask that you take a moment to consider the society I come from, or rather the society I just left." He said, as he completed his process, and flicked his finger a couple times to make sure the implement was safe.

"You see, where I came from the society, the government, literally preyed on itself. Believing that if one could not stop or thwart a betrayal from one's underlings that one was not fit to hold one's position. I myself had participated in such coups, both in aggression and defense, and after so long of such a life, well, a man learns not to trust anyone on mere principle." He continued, as his expression fell. In truth, it didn't make Valik sad whatsoever the life he had lead, but the misuse of resources, the horrible management of the Sith Empire hurt him in a way. As a scientist, an engineer at times, the lack of efficiency in an organization he had held a part of was . . . humiliating.

"It why the Sith have such a high turnover rate with their rulers. Tyrin may think that he quieted dissenters, but they will always be there. Another coup will come soon enough." He said, before pausing a moment. "But, that life is behind me, and has nothing to do with where we are now. In short, the concepts of honor, keeping to ones word, truthfulness, seem foolish to me, and I have trouble fixating such a trait to one whose intelligence I respect as much as yours." Valik continued, and Madeline would likely note a hint of uncomfortableness in his posture. Valik himself was in an exercise of truthfulness, and revealing such information, or any information about himself was difficult.

Valik began to say something, then decried to change his words, what with Madeline being the supposed heir to the throne it was likely she under constant watch, and Valik had already given too much. He merely said "I'll keep in touch." As he left, but focused his mind on Kahoshi's. He was no mentalist, nor a true Sith Lord, at least not yet, so he wouldn't have been able to force his thoughts into hers, but if her mind was open, she would have heard him say "If you ever wish to be more than what you are, to take what is ahead of you, give me a call.", a message that wouldn't resound to any listening ears or be caught by any watchful cameras. He largely doubted that Madeline had a desire to rule, as in truth he himself found little comfort in the thought of ruling an empire, but the possibility of gaining connections to an empress was too enticing to pass up.

@[member="Valik"]

Maddie paused, thought about and nodded slowly. "It's forgiven. I understand, just ... I'm honor bound to keep my word. And honor here, is everything.It's a life and death matter. To dishonor yourself, usually means death. My word as I said is stone, because it rides on my honor. To break that would be to dishonor not only myself, but my family, the Kahoshi Legacy, and as we are the ruling family, it would be to dishonor my nation, my home, and my people." She sighed softly, "We in power, held to a far higher standard than the average being."

Her thoughts wandered for a moment, "If I'm honest, I don't want the throne. But should the Emperor not bear an heir, things were written into law to lock the more criminal elements of our family from the throne. So while he and I are only second cousins. I am the legal heir for the time being. It wasn't wanted, but it was required. And duty binds me to that, whether I like it or not."

Continuing on,"With the kind of society you came from, I guess ... betrayal, backstabbing and murderous coups are the norm. I can understand the unwillingness to trust. To know that someone's word means something, after that is a tall order." A hand ran through her hair, pushing it back form her face, "But Atrisian society is far different. Bound by honor, duty and loyalty. It is what we live and die by. So I do apologies if I got short with you. It's to have my honor be questioned, is to question me at the very core of who I am and what I represent. That, bothers me deeply." Finally she managed a soft smile, "But such honor, such loyalty, such promises are rare in this galaxy. The Atrisians as a whole nation, a rare breed of honor bound people." Her eyes watching him, the shift in his body language. Uncomfortable for certain on that alone.

"Please do. I'd love to work more with you in the future. I'm sure together we could accomplish great things, the galaxy in the palm of our hands." Likely they ever teamed up long term, there would be nothing that could stand in the way of them both.

Then there was a small thought she had, something she needed to say."And there is something else I'd like to offer you. Should you ever need a home, a place to stay or lay low for a while, you are welcome within my guest house." A rare offer, but she trusted Valik. "I've more than enough position and power to see you protected should you ever need it." She bowed her head slightly, in respect, "True intellectuals are rare and are to be guarded, kept safe so we may continue to push the bounds of science and the galaxy as we so know it. So, don't forget that. The offer will always stand." At her core, kind and gentle. Heart of gold, though sometimes with some things morals and ethics just did not exist in her book. Not when it came to the bounds of science, and seeing how far it could be pushed.

Her mind was open, so very open. She actually had a hard time concealing her true thoughts from force users with the way she was. Most could even without the talent almost verbatim read her thoughts. It took her effort to prevent such, but she wasn't doing so at all when Valik reached out to her. A true smile crossed her lips as his words. Knowing from Cronos, she let every single last guard down within her mind, completely open, with luck he'd hear her. She had no talent for it, nothing. It was just how loudly she broadcast her own thoughts, how loudly they were spoken within her mind.

Someday, I may very well take you up on that... When I'm free from the duties of the throne, of my family. When I can be on my own again. A very sad expression crossed her lips. She had no freedom. None. Everyone around her, believed her to be so free, to have such power that came with being the heir to the throne. But no, some of her actions had her more than bound to the planet. Right now, I am not free. Not in the sense that everyone believes. When I'm free of those chains, I'll likely seek you out. She just wished Akio would hurry and marry, have a child so she could be out of the line to the throne. Knew it was required of her, knew she had to do it for her nation, her government and her people. But still.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik smiled as the woman offered him a home. Though the Atrisian society she described seemed foolish to him it had it's uses, and him making an ally of the second cousin of an Emperor was likely no small feat. It seemed the honor she spoke of, that she took offense that he didn't recognize was legitimate. A shame, as Madeline had so much potential as a scientist, that she would not be able to utilize the tools of deception and dishonesty. Still, her mind along the resources of Khomm and the presumed backing of an Emperor made for a strong foundation, enough to respect the Atrisians in his eyes.

As he left he laughed slightly to himself as the Doctor spoke of escaping her royal fate, as she had lost that he was implying he would help her in a coup, kill the Emperor and put her on the throne. Indeed, she was genuine, and decidedly not a Sith. That made her useful to him, more manipulate-able in a way, but such a thing was not exclusive to him. He might have to build up some safeguards, initiate a way to protect her from foreign interests other than himself. Not to mention these supposed 'criminal elements of the family'. He supposed he had just offered to help if she ever called, and he would, if only to protect his resources, but a smart man did not fight react, but instead prepared for the unlikely. With the loading of his ship and the exchange of his Aleph starfighter for the five Spaarti Cylinders he headed off, thinking of the new schemes he could accomplish, as well as how best to keep good relations with the best intellectual he'd met thusfar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom