Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Tale of Two Brothers

"Is this the life you really wanted?" growled Lofdrrl.

The wookiee attempted to grasp the glass of iced C-tea as he hunched over the rustic table and tried to avoid breaking the too small chair. His oversized paw managed to encircle the glass in a smothering embrace before he gratefully downed the beverage. The twin suns of the Algari system beat down on his fur, causing the sometimes addled wookiee to feel even more out of his elements. There were no trees nearby as on his homeworld, nor where the high rising towers and urban sprawl of Tresderi, until recently his own base of operations. Instead, the wookiee found himself surrounded by unending fields of amber grain, only occasionally broken up by squat, gray prefab buildings used by the world's isolationist farmers. Insects intermittently buzzed by and the scent of fertilizer lightly wafted through the air. Across from the new pirate sat a man that Lofdrrl felt should feel equally out of place. Tien, a young bald man had "bartered" extensively back on Tresderi, fencing over thousands of stolen goods over the few short years of their business relationship. An easy smile crept across the man's face as he poured another cup of tea for the wookiee.

"Farming isn't really that bad," said the man, "a lot less risky than things were in the past. I don't have to worry about the Sector Rangers breathing down my back here."

"And your brother? I have not seen him recently either."

Tien briefly paused, which troubled Lofdrrl, "Look, it's a hard topic to discuss...we kind of split ways after we got here. Might have gotten into a bit of a fight over a girl at the local watering hole. We're not really talking a whole lot right now, but I'm sure he'll come around. But I don't want to really reminiscence about him or our past time on Tresdiri. I got a job for you, and hopefully the last favor I'll ever have to ask from you."

"Tell me about it."

"The big harvest is coming up soon. I got a competitor that I'd like to see not harvest this year. It should spike up the local prices and give me a pretty good bonus, and maybe help me with my lady trouble."

Lofdrrl slammed down his now empty glass hard and barred his teeth, "You called me here to assassinate a simple farmer?"

Tien raised his hands, "No, no. You got it wrong. I know that's not worth your time, and frankly, do you really think I couldn't do it myself? I still got plenty of time to put my skill with a blaster to use here. No, I'm not looking to simply kill him. A brand new bulk freighter is headed to his homestead in a week. It should be loaded with some grain harvesting vehicles, labor droids, and some other oddities. Without it, my rival won't be harvesting effectively. I might have to do a little dirty work just to make sure, but it doesn't really concern you. I just figured you might like the nice easy target - new freighter should be worth a pretty penny to you. I know every little detail about it - its itinerary, crew, security, cargo, you name it. Mouths are loose here, and he's already bragging about it every time he can."

Lofdrrl leaned back, and almost fell out of the chair before promptly righting himself, "Tell me about security."

"The freighter has a pair of laser cannons, that's it. Onboard security is minimal - the ship's six man crew with whatever weapons they happen to be carrying, if any."

"Are they fools?"

"They're complacent. Nothing ever happens here. There's nothing really here of significant value to normally make it worth a raider's while. If the bulk freighter wasn't brand spanking new, I'm not sure if I could interest you without offering you a favor, could I?"

Lofdrrl narrowed his eyes, "And that's all I need to job about the job."

"You're good at the job, and I know that your crew has been solid so far, even if it's just been taking on minor jobs. This should be another cake walk."

"I want to know everything about the Crait job your old gang pulled just before you left."

Tien pressed his lips together into a thin line as he considered the offer, "All right. But that's a real risk to me. You can't tell anyone where you got this information."

Lofdrrl bobbed his furry head up and down. "Deal."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom